Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What Exactly is 'Kosher Salt' ?, As Opposed to Normal Salt?...

On Mon, 04 May 2009 12:46:30 -0500, wrote:

>Nope, seems you have to eat one of these for that to happen
>

> BETTER THAN SEX CAKE

<snip>

If that cake is better than sex... you haven't been doing it right.
:-)

Best -- Terry
....the sex, not the cake...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 May 2009 18:31:47 -0500, Terry >
wrote:

>On Mon, 04 May 2009 12:46:30 -0500, wrote:
>

>>Nope, seems you have to eat one of these for that to happen
>>

>> BETTER THAN SEX CAKE
>>

><snip>
>
>If that cake is better than sex... you haven't been doing it right.
>:-)
>
>Best -- Terry
>...the sex, not the cake...

it's a name
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 4, 7:20*pm, wrote:
> On Mon, 04 May 2009 18:31:47 -0500, Terry >
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 04 May 2009 12:46:30 -0500, wrote:

> >>Nope, seems you have to eat one of these for that to happen

> >> * * * * * * * * * * * * BETTER THAN SEX CAKE

> ><snip>

> >If that cake is better than sex... you haven't been doing it right.
> >:-)

> >Best -- Terry
> >...the sex, not the cake...

> it's a name *

It's a misnomer, named by someone who has an inflated opinion of their
recipe.

--Bryan listen @ http://www.MySpace.com/TheBonobos

"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."
--Steve Wertz in rec.food.cooking 4-20-2009
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mack A. Damia" > wrote

> I make stuff up? I have an MA and a doctorate. I'm published. I take
> knowledge and truth very seriously. This is an informal group of
> folks sharing recipes. "Hey, mad, you may be wrong about that"....or
> "I think it's this rather than that"....etc.
>
> Not..."You're full of shit". and "****ing imbecile".
>
> Back to the gutter with them and good riddance to civilized folks
> everywhere.

Very good points.

I'll try, but I'll slip right back into the lower percentile simply because
I'm a barbarian.

Aloha to you,
TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 May 2009 21:46:43 -0400, TFM® >
wrote:

>"Mack A. Damia" > wrote
>

>> I make stuff up? I have an MA and a doctorate. I'm published. I take
>> knowledge and truth very seriously. This is an informal group of
>> folks sharing recipes. "Hey, mad, you may be wrong about that"....or
>> "I think it's this rather than that"....etc.
>>
>> Not..."You're full of shit". and "****ing imbecile".
>>
>> Back to the gutter with them and good riddance to civilized folks
>> everywhere.

>Very good points.
>
>I'll try, but I'll slip right back into the lower percentile simply because
>I'm a barbarian.
>
>Aloha to you,
>TFM®

There are groups to express barbarian sentiments. I don't happen to
think that a group dedicated to food needs get nasty.

We have a commonality: a love of good food.

Focus.
--
mad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 May 2009 17:57:12 -0700 (PDT), Food Snob®
> wrote:

>On May 4, 7:20*pm, wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 May 2009 18:31:47 -0500, Terry >
>> wrote:

>> ><snip>

>> >If that cake is better than sex... you haven't been doing it right.
>> >:-)

>> >Best -- Terry
>> >...the sex, not the cake...

>> it's a name *

>It's a misnomer, named by someone who has an inflated opinion of their
>recipe.
>
>--Bryan listen @ http://www.MySpace.com/TheBonobos
>
>"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."
> --Steve Wertz in rec.food.cooking 4-20-2009

wasn't my cake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> i did check my canister of morton's table salt, which had the 'u' in a
> circle, which means it has been certified by Union of Orthodox Jewish
> Congregations. i have no idea about how close the supervision is (or how
> close it needs to be, really), but i think they take it pretty seriously.

My late father was one of the people who supervised production of
products that had that u with a circle (O-U) seal. They do take it very,
very seriously.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sun, 03 May 2009 11:27:42 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> Mr. Bill wrote:

>>> Your rabbi will disagree vehemently with that statement.
>>>

>> Why?

> the rabbi has been drinking again.

Oh. That would explain it. <vbg>

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 May 2009 11:07:06 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> You're amazing, Bub. You set yourself up as an expert on everything..
> What's with you? What are you trying to prove? Small wee-wee?
>
> You're more of a troll than anything else.

i post something with cites and i'm a troll? what do you call someone who
posts stuff pulled out of his ass?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 May 2009 12:44:29 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 3 May 2009 11:51:14 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
>> wrote:

>>> Right! and there are no actual Jewish prisoners. They're all goyim
>>> pretending . . .
>>> Lynn in Fargo

>> or muslims passing as jews.

> According to my dictionary, Muslims are goyim, too. Kind of makes sense
> when you think about it.

and according to the mormons, the whole lot are gentiles. what's a poor
goy to do?

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 May 2009 10:56:22 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Mon, 04 May 2009 17:26:48 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:

>>> You have a glib tongue.
>>>
>>> What else does it do?

>>you don't have to be all that glib to make you look foolish.

> You're only one man.
>
> A very silly little man.

and you seem to be the only man who thinks your definition of 'kosher' is
correct. does that make you a wise man?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 May 2009 11:00:18 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Mon, 04 May 2009 17:28:23 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 03 May 2009 14:58:24 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 03 May 2009 21:36:50 GMT, "James Silverton"

>>> Makes sense. I looked at the topic and only saw one post that
>>> mentioned "blessing". I don't think I saw anything regarding strict
>>> dietary laws, either.
>>>
>>> Again, I'm no expert on Jewish law, but I know that kosher means to be
>>> blessed and prepared according to certain dietary standards.
>>>
>>> Non Jews can be experts in Jewish lore, too. One never knows. Over
>>> the span of a lifetime and given enough intellectual curiosity and
>>> personal experiences, one becomes an "expert" based on a combination
>>> of factors - common sense and formal education as well as an open mind
>>> that trains the personality and produces *reasonable* responses to
>>> others in a sharing of knowledge and wisdom.

>>or you could google, and in about two seconds find out that you're full of
>>shit.

> This is a recipe group, blake. Can't you disagree without flaming?

i wouldn't flame you if you didn't insist you were right after being proven
wrong by numerous people (other than me). this is usually the sign of a
dick, circumcised or not.

> What is the traditional definition of "kosher"?
>
> If you know so ****ing much about it, then WHY didn't I see you
> before? Are you here to challenge and criticize whenever you can, cuz
> if you are, then you're a sick mother****er.
>
> Anyway, in the old style of Usenet.......
>
> <*PLONK*>

ohnoes!!! i've been PLONKED by someone i've made a fool of!!!

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

rabbis don't 'bless' salt, you ****ing idiot.

> But it has little to do with kosher salt, and as I reviwed the
> information provided, I remembered what I had researched.
>
> I don't have a super-sharp memory like I used to - don't know if I
> ever had. I remember researching kosher salt in the preparation of
> Bruschetta, and I posted the recipe in 1999.
>
> I make stuff up? I have an MA and a doctorate. I'm published. I take
> knowledge and truth very seriously. This is an informal group of
> folks sharing recipes. "Hey, mad, you may be wrong about that"....or
> "I think it's this rather than that"....etc.
>
> Not..."You're full of shit". and "****ing imbecile".
>
> Back to the gutter with them and good riddance to civilized folks
> everywhere.

when people defend wrong information as right - especially if they provide
no cites other than 'i know this for a fact,' or everyone knows - they are
imbeciles and full of shit.

i'm so happy you have an m.a. and doctorate. which matchbook school did
they come from?

(by the way, maybe you should look up 'argument from authority.' i think
even community colleges cover that now.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority> )

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 May 2009 13:04:03 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 03 May 2009 18:46:34 -0700, Don Martinich wrote:

>>> You just had to ask, didn't you? I think this is an annual event here on
>>> rfc and every year you get the same flood of confused and confusing
>>> answers.
>>>
>>> Simply put, there are two types of salt that are labeled Kosher:
>>>
>>> First- The salt can be coarse, similar to the salt used for drawing away
>>> blood during the Kosher slaughter of meat. It is not manufactured under
>>> rabbinical supervision. This product is freely labeled Kosher salt
>>>
>>> Second- The salt can be produced under the supervision of a rabbi
>>> according to the methods prescribed by the association providing the
>>> Kosher symbol. (For example the Union of Orthodox Congregations.) It
>>> doesn't have to be coarse. An example of this is Diamond Crystal
>>> Pickling and Canning Salt (A Cargill product). This salt is not coarse
>>> but has the same grain size as normal table salt. It also contains
>>> yellow prussiate of soda. The 3lb. package has the Union of Orthodox
>>> Congregations Kosher symbol and the letter "P" on both front and side of
>>> the package.
>>>
>>> I hope this clears things up-
>>>
>>> D.M.

>> i have a question. is it safe for christians to eat? i'm afraid it will
>> cause me to grow horns on my head, like my pastor says the all jews have.
>>

> You go to one of them black churches down in SE, blake...???

don't put it on d.c. try further south, or in parts of the midwest.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 May 2009 13:19:56 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> i have a question. is it safe for christians to eat? i'm afraid it will
>> cause me to grow horns on my head, like my pastor says the all jews have.

> It's OK, Blake. Many men are horny.
>
> :-)

but most of *them* fail to keep it in their pants. horns on the head don't
enter into it, except for maybe on their paramour's husbands.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Mon, 04 May 2009 11:00:18 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> > This is a recipe group, blake. Can't you disagree without flaming?

It's actually *not* a recipe group (try rec.food.recipes), but it
doesn't matter.

If you know so ****ing much about it, why don't *you* look it up?

> > If you know so ****ing much about it, then WHY didn't I see you
> > before?

Because you are blind? How could anybody who's been here more than a
few days not have seen Blake's posts?

> ohnoes!!! i've been PLONKED by someone i've made a fool of!!!

I predict that it will happen again.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Mon, 04 May 2009 11:07:06 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
> > You're amazing, Bub. You set yourself up as an expert on everything..
> > What's with you? What are you trying to prove? Small wee-wee?
> >
> > You're more of a troll than anything else.

> i post something with cites and i'm a troll? what do you call someone who
> posts stuff pulled out of his ass?

MAD.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

this is pretty ****ing rich coming from you.

> Human nature never ceases to amaze me. All over Usenet, the groups
> are inhabited by anti-social types who want to disrupt not by arguing,
> challenging but by name calling and nonsense.
>
> These folks would never behave in such manners in a face-to-face
> interaction, so why do they do it now?
>
> Hiding behind a screen. The Annonymity of the Ether.
>
> Little people.

<derisive laughter. and then a lot more derisive laughter>

really, this is too ****ing nuch. are we then to suppose that your name is
really mack a. damia? are you sure you graduated from high school, let
alone earned an m.a. and doctorate?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message

> i post something with cites and i'm a troll? what do you call someone who
> posts stuff pulled out of his ass?
>
> blake

In business, that would be a "consultant"
Here, it would be "expert"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 04 May 2009 11:07:06 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>

> i post something with cites and i'm a troll? what do you call someone who
> posts stuff pulled out of his ass?
>
> blake

Sheldon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 3 May 2009 15:36:28 +1000, "Bigbazza"
> > wrote:
>
>>The only thing I can think that it must be like is a 'Flaky' salt..But to
>>buy salt flakes here is expensive.
>>
>>I see 'Kosher Salt' used in many cases in a lot of recipes, and used in
>>quantities as well!
>>
>>Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

> it's been blessed by the Rabbi if I'm not mistaken

Doesn't have to be "blessed" to be kosher. It's not meat or dairy. Hello!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> "Mack A. Damia" wrote:
>>
>> The question was about the difference between kosher salt and "normal"
>> table salt. If it's been processed, etc., regardless of what Mr.
>> Morton says, it's not kosher, according to the strict guidelines.
>> --
>> mad ****ing imbecile

Guess he's never seen or looked for a box of "kosher" (larger flake) salt in
a grocery store

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 May 2009 12:18:06 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 3 May 2009 15:36:28 +1000, "Bigbazza"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>The only thing I can think that it must be like is a 'Flaky' salt..But to
>>>buy salt flakes here is expensive.
>>>
>>>I see 'Kosher Salt' used in many cases in a lot of recipes, and used in
>>>quantities as well!
>>>
>>>Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

>> it's been blessed by the Rabbi if I'm not mistaken

>Doesn't have to be "blessed" to be kosher. It's not meat or dairy. Hello!
>
>Jill

Another one snipping posts, giving the misconception that you posted
it when you did not. Try leaving it intact next time, I know how to
read headers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 May 2009 12:19:14 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .

>> "Mack A. Damia" wrote:
>>>
>>> The question was about the difference between kosher salt and "normal"
>>> table salt. If it's been processed, etc., regardless of what Mr.
>>> Morton says, it's not kosher, according to the strict guidelines.
>>> --
>>> mad ****ing imbecile

>Guess he's never seen or looked for a box of "kosher" (larger flake) salt in
>a grocery store

One of the ubiquitous problems in life and Usenet.

Get the full story, not just one post. Folks can make mistakes and
correct themselves. Are you perfect?

Usenet groups are infested with anti-social personality types with
delusions of grandeur who are ready to voice their hatred of humanity
at the slightest provocation. It's best to avoid such cretins. You
would certainly avoid them otherwise.
--
mad

If you do your homework, you'll find several diferent definitions of
what "kosher salt" is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 06 May 2009 10:31:32 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 2009 12:19:14 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
. ..

>>Guess he's never seen or looked for a box of "kosher" (larger flake) salt in
>>a grocery store

> One of the ubiquitous problems in life and Usenet.
>
> Get the full story, not just one post. Folks can make mistakes and
> correct themselves. Are you perfect?

um, i think i missed your 'correcting yourself.' if so, it certainly came
after half-a-dozen posts saying everyone else was wrong, because you have a
doctorate.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I'm not in here to fight, bub. I'm not in here to be abused, either.

I have some wisdom. I also have a TBI, thanks to RVN. If I'm wrong I
own up to it. I got a bit confused about kosher salt.

I'm here for good food and occasional chats.

Thanks for asking.
--
mad

On Tue, 05 May 2009 18:32:47 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Mon, 04 May 2009 10:56:22 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 04 May 2009 17:26:48 GMT, blake murphy
>> > wrote:

>>>you don't have to be all that glib to make you look foolish.

>> You're only one man.
>>
>> A very silly little man.

>and you seem to be the only man who thinks your definition of 'kosher' is
>correct. does that make you a wise man?
>
>blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Love and peace, brother.

Bon appétit.
--
mad

On Thu, 07 May 2009 14:45:31 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Wed, 06 May 2009 10:31:32 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 6 May 2009 12:19:14 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Guess he's never seen or looked for a box of "kosher" (larger flake) salt in
>>>a grocery store

>> One of the ubiquitous problems in life and Usenet.
>>
>> Get the full story, not just one post. Folks can make mistakes and
>> correct themselves. Are you perfect?
>>

>um, i think i missed your 'correcting yourself.' if so, it certainly came
>after half-a-dozen posts saying everyone else was wrong, because you have a
>doctorate.
>
>blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paco" > wrote in message

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 04 May 2009 11:07:06 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>

>> i post something with cites and i'm a troll? what do you call someone
>> who
>> posts stuff pulled out of his ass?
>>
>> blake

> Sheldon.

Woot!

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote

>>Doesn't have to be "blessed" to be kosher. It's not meat or dairy.
>>Hello!
>>
>>Jill

> Another one snipping posts, giving the misconception that you posted
> it when you did not. Try leaving it intact next time, I know how to
> read headers.

Snipping has a purpose.

Who died and left you in charge?

TFM®