Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Favorite Fast Food Sin

It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."

A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!

Others?

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article dth>,
"The Ranger" > wrote:

> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
> can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
>
> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
> authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>
> Others?
>
> The Ranger

Taco Bell crispy tacos with mild sauce are by far my favorite fast food
sin.

It's been over a year since I've indulged. :-)
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article dth>,
"The Ranger" > wrote:

> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
> can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
>
> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
> authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>
> Others?
>
> The Ranger

<Barb looks furtively around to see if Squeaks is watching> I'm a
sucker for McDonald's fish sandwiches. I don't indulge very often but
*somebody* made me have two the other day. I had to. I had no choice.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Ranger wrote:
> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
> can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
>
> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
> authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>
> Others?
>
> The Ranger

several small chains here in the san gabriel valley. for burgers it's
T-Burger...i usually indulge in the kids burger meal (not on the menu
board) that comes with a small burger, fries, & a 16 oz drink for
around $4.99. the other fave is Taco Nazo, another small chain that
makes "killer fish taco's". for meat taco's its El Gallo Grillo,
(very loosely translated is the Screaming Rooster). the special is
three full sized tacos (not the tiny 3 inch tortillas) with meat of
your choice, rice & beans for $6.99, topped off which a 32 oz size
jamaica (freshly brewed hibiscis (sp?) flowersbut i don't believe
it''s the usualy plant found in back yards).

harriet & critters in azusa, ca...where the temp has gone from 60F on
monday to 90F today.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article dth>,
> "The Ranger" > wrote:
>
>> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
>> can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
>>
>> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
>> authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>>
>> Others?
>>
>> The Ranger

> <Barb looks furtively around to see if Squeaks is watching> I'm a
> sucker for McDonald's fish sandwiches. I don't indulge very often but
> *somebody* made me have two the other day. I had to. I had no choice.

Ah yes. I used to eat those. Also egg mcmuffins--I was going to
say sausage, but I actually forget. I haven't had either for
years though, with the egg being more recent. I really hope I
don't start craving one or the other or both because of this thread!

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Ranger wrote:
> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
> can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
>
> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
> authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>
> Others?
>
> The Ranger

Whataburger chicken strips with white gravy. It's worth moving to Texas for.

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 9:56*am, "mequeenbe.nospam" > wrote:

> several small chains here in the san gabriel valley. *for burgers it's
> T-Burger...i usually indulge in the kids burger meal (not on the menu
> board) that comes with a small burger, fries, & a 16 oz drink for
> around $4.99. *the other fave is Taco Nazo, another small chain that
> makes "killer fish taco's". * for meat taco's its El Gallo Grillo,
> (very loosely translated is the Screaming Rooster). *the special is
> three full sized tacos (not the tiny 3 inch tortillas) with meat of
> your choice, rice & beans for $6.99, topped off which a 32 oz size
> jamaica (freshly brewed hibiscis (sp?) flowersbut i don't believe
> it''s the usualy plant found in back yards).

I think it is the hibiscus plant you see everywhere. They sell the
dried flowers in the markets around here -- look on the rack of spices/
herbs in cellophane bags. Make a tea from the flowers, add sugar,
chill. Or, as you and I do, just get a huge cup of it at your nearest
taco stand. I think of it as the Hawaiian punch of Southern
California. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:15:52 -0700, "The Ranger"
> wrote:

>It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
>can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."

McDonald's triple cheeseburger, hold the ketchup and mustard. Yay,
GREASE!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to James Bond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Carol wrote:

> McDonald's triple cheeseburger, hold the ketchup and mustard. Yay,
> GREASE!

For me it's the double cheese burger on their dollar menu, made as is. I
used to get two of the single cheeseburgers till the double came along.
I like the Quarter Pounder just fine, but there's something about that
simple little burger that's irresistible to me. Well, almost
irresistible. I gave 'em up ages ago -- I like them, they don't like me.

--Lin (small order of fries with that, please)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress said...

> McDonald's triple cheeseburger, hold the ketchup and mustard. Yay,
> GREASE!
>
> Carol

Good grief!!!

There is such a thing?!?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
> The Ranger wrote:
>> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it
>> now!" You can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That
>> sounds good."
>>
>> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos
>> aren't authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good
>> sin!
>>
>> Others?
>>
>> The Ranger
>>

> Whataburger chicken strips with white gravy. It's worth moving to
> Texas for.

Whataburger is my fave. I love their chicken strips, but if I want a
burger, I will take a #2 with cheese and a Diet Coke. I have to cut
back somewhere. :-P

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:33:43 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>McDonald's triple cheeseburger, hold the ketchup and mustard. Yay,
>GREASE!

They make a *triple* cheeseburger? Since when?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:21:48 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:33:43 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
>
>>McDonald's triple cheeseburger, hold the ketchup and mustard. Yay,
>>GREASE!

>They make a *triple* cheeseburger? Since when?

It's one of those, 'For a Limited Time Only," things, but if you ask
nice, they'll usually make one for you.

Carol, taking a lunch break (teriyaki chicken)

--
Change "invalid" to James Bond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lin > wrote in news:75308$49eb7e79$453e8ce6$11911
@EVERESTKC.NET:

> For me it's the double cheese burger on their dollar menu, made as is.

Without the cheese. 'Nasty' doesn't even begin to describe that crap. I get
2 of them, with onion, heavy pickle, heavy mustard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lin > wrote:

> Carol wrote:
>
> > McDonald's triple cheeseburger, hold the ketchup and mustard. Yay,
> > GREASE!

> For me it's the double cheese burger on their dollar menu, made as is. I
> used to get two of the single cheeseburgers till the double came along.
> I like the Quarter Pounder just fine, but there's something about that
> simple little burger that's irresistible to me. Well, almost
> irresistible. I gave 'em up ages ago -- I like them, they don't like me.
>
> --Lin (small order of fries with that, please)

If we're talkin' McDonalds, Chicken MeNuggets.
It's been years since I've had those. :-)
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> Janet Wilder wrote:
> > The Ranger wrote:
> >> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it
> >> now!" You can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That
> >> sounds good."
> >>
> >> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos
> >> aren't authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good
> >> sin!
> >>
> >> Others?
> >>
> >> The Ranger
> >>

> > Whataburger chicken strips with white gravy. It's worth moving to
> > Texas for.

> Whataburger is my fave. I love their chicken strips, but if I want a
> burger, I will take a #2 with cheese and a Diet Coke. I have to cut
> back somewhere. :-P
>

> Becca

Hm. There is one in town. I've not eaten there in well over 20 years!
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:33:43 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
>
> >McDonald's triple cheeseburger, hold the ketchup and mustard. Yay,
> >GREASE!

> They make a *triple* cheeseburger? Since when?

Wendy's does. I've not eaten there tho' since I last visited San
Fransico in High School.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> The Ranger wrote:
>>> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!"
>>> You can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds
>>> good."
>>>
>>> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos
>>> aren't authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good
>>> sin!
>>>
>>> Others?
>>>
>>> The Ranger
>>>

>> Whataburger chicken strips with white gravy. It's worth moving to Texas
>> for.

> Whataburger is my fave. I love their chicken strips, but if I want a
> burger, I will take a #2 with cheese and a Diet Coke. I have to cut back
> somewhere. :-P

Bojangles breakfast biscuits!! I have maybe two a month. I could eat them
every day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:15:52 -0700, "The Ranger"
> wrote:

>It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
>can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
>
>A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
>authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>
>Others?
>
>The Ranger

In no particular order:

Taco Bell Crispy Tacos

McDonald's Egg McMuffin & Coffee

Burger King Grilled Chicken Salad

Any In-n-Out Cheeseburger

Ron Kelley

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 11:15*am, "The Ranger" > wrote:
> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
> can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
>
> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
> authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>
> Others?
>
> The Ranger

A Dairy Queen Chocolate Shake or Hot Fudge Sundae.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 3:29*pm, "l, not -l" > wrote:
> Hardee's Sourdough Thickburger; it's about the only fast-food I'll touch,
> other than Steak 'n Shake burger and fries.

The only problem with the Hardee's Thickburgers is that they cook them
to death.
At Steak'n Shake, they will grill them med rare if you want, but the
size of the patty has gotten absurdly small. The only good way to get
SnS fries is to sit at the counter, and tell them you want fries
straight out of the fryer. They are great for the first few minutes,
but they go downhill amazingly fast, and old SnS fries are very
unappealing. One nice thing is they have a half off drinks happy
hour, M-F 2pm-4pm.

I like Del Taco. Teir bean burritos are great, and the price is too.
Popeye's is good stuff too, but I only go there with coupons because
their regular prices are so high. The one by me accepts Church's
coupons.

--Bryan, aka Bobo Bonobo http://www.TheBonobos.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:45:37 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo®
> wrote:

>On Apr 19, 3:29*pm, "l, not -l" > wrote:
>> Hardee's Sourdough Thickburger; it's about the only fast-food I'll touch,
>> other than Steak 'n Shake burger and fries.
>>

>The only problem with the Hardee's Thickburgers is that they cook them
>to death.
>At Steak'n Shake, they will grill them med rare if you want, but the
>size of the patty has gotten absurdly small. The only good way to get
>SnS fries is to sit at the counter, and tell them you want fries
>straight out of the fryer. They are great for the first few minutes,
>but they go downhill amazingly fast, and old SnS fries are very
>unappealing. One nice thing is they have a half off drinks happy
>hour, M-F 2pm-4pm.
>
>I like Del Taco. Teir bean burritos are great, and the price is too.
>Popeye's is good stuff too, but I only go there with coupons because
>their regular prices are so high. The one by me accepts Church's
>coupons.
>
>--Bryan, aka Bobo Bonobo http://www.TheBonobos.com

Mrs.Mikes Kingburger,......... oppps sorry was drooling on the
keyboard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 12:15*pm, "The Ranger" > wrote:
> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
> can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
>
> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
> authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>
> Others?
>
> The Ranger

Taco Bell's Nachos Bellegrande.

Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Kris > wrote:

> On Apr 19, 12:15*pm, "The Ranger" > wrote:
> > It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't need it but want it now!" You
> > can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
> >
> > A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
> > authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
> >
> > Others?
> >
> > The Ranger

> Taco Bell's Nachos Bellegrande.
>
> Kris

Their grilled steak thingy is not bad either.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:39:23 -0700, "Nexis" > wrote:

>Oh, and a strawberry limeade from Sonic can't be beat for a summer drink.
>They just opened a new Sonic in Santee, and the first thing I did, I
>confess, was go get a strawberry limeade.

Oh, yeah, especially if you squeeze the lime over your ice and eat
that good snowy ice after the limeade is gone.

I love:

Taco Bell bean burritos with hot sauce
Wendy's Frosty with french fries to dip
Popeye's red beans and rice and biscuits
Not a love, exactly, but Wendy's chili over a baked potato with some
sour cream and hot sauce is satisfying when your only choice is fast
food but you don't want a burger and fries

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Ranger" > wrote in message
ndwidth...
> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!"
> You can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds
> good."
>
> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
> authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>
> Others?

For me it's Wendy's french fries. They have to be cooked j u s t r i g h t
and they don't seem to be able to do that often, so I always get
disappointed when I decide to indulge. That's ok because the bad batches
will win out and I'll never want them again. Hopefully soon. But I still
crave the perfectly deep fried Wendy's french fry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 9:37*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
> "The Ranger" > wrote in message
>
> ndwidth...
>
> > It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!"
> > You can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds
> > good."

> > A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
> > authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!

> > Others?

> For me it's Wendy's french fries. *They have to be cooked j u s t *r i g h t
> and they don't seem to be able to do that often, so I always get
> disappointed when I decide to indulge. *That's ok because the bad batches
> will win out and I'll never want them again. *Hopefully soon. *But I still
> crave the perfectly deep fried Wendy's french fry.

Of all the fastfood fries, I like BK. They coat them with rice flour,
and it crisps so nicely. Maybe Wendy's does too. We don't currently
have Wendy's in StL, though they have one planned out near Michael's
house. The worst are those crinkle cot things. What was it that
Steve said about the 1960s?

--Bryan, aka Bobo Bonobo http://www.TheBonobos.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> On Apr 20, 9:37 pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
>> "The Ranger" > wrote in message
>>
>> ndwidth...
>>
>>> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!"
>>> You can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds
>>> good."
>>> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
>>> authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>>> Others?

>> For me it's Wendy's french fries. They have to be cooked j u s t r i g h t
>> and they don't seem to be able to do that often, so I always get
>> disappointed when I decide to indulge. That's ok because the bad batches
>> will win out and I'll never want them again. Hopefully soon. But I still
>> crave the perfectly deep fried Wendy's french fry.

> Of all the fastfood fries, I like BK. They coat them with rice flour,
> and it crisps so nicely. Maybe Wendy's does too. We don't currently
> have Wendy's in StL, though they have one planned out near Michael's
> house. The worst are those crinkle cot things. What was it that
> Steve said about the 1960s?
>
> --Bryan, aka Bobo Bonobo http://www.TheBonobos.com

Oh! Is that what BK did to ruin its French fries?! I have not
been back since they did that.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nexis" > wrote in message

> "The Ranger" > wrote in message
> ndwidth...
>> It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!"
>> You can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds
>> good."
>>
>> A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos
>> aren't authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good
>> sin!
>>
>> Others?
>>
>> The Ranger

> About twice a year, I get a craving for an In n Out burger. I'm not a fast
> food person, can't stand McD's or BK

That's because MCD and BK aren't real food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:15:52 -0700, "The Ranger"
> wrote:

>It's definitely in the catagory of, "Don't _need_ it but _want_ it now!" You
>can't drive past a drive-thru without thinking, "Yeah. That sounds good."
>
>A local taco joint that does that for me is Taco Bravo. Their tacos aren't
>authentic. The meat is ground. But, damnation, are they a good sin!
>
>Others?
>
>The Ranger

Taco Bell Chili cheese burrito
Taco Bell Bacon Cheeseburger Burrito (they don't have it anymore) :-(
Hardee's biscuit & gravy (at the local Hardee's only)

Best -- Terry