Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easter Day

I was supposed to go to daughter Erika's this weekend but got sick
before I left. I was really bummed, not only did I miss out on Easter
with them, I missed one grandson's birthday. We did have a great meal
and family time at my sis's though.
I took my computer and we were able to visit with DD and family by
webcam, so all is well.

We hung out a while and munched on paté and shrimp with two different
dipping sauces. I already posted the paté, I'll post the dips later.
My niece made the little flower cupcakes. She has that really cool pan
that has several different flower shapes.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ewf96d.jpg

I'm not sure how much of the meal St. Robert made, I do know he made
the great split pea soup. I could have eaten two bowls of that.
He's doing very well only one year out from a lung transplant. We are
blessed.
http://i40.tinypic.com/20kvyjb.jpg

The ham was delicious, not salty at all. I don't know the brand. My
other niece, who's grandmother is visiting from Mexico City, brought a
couple of dishes her grandmother made for us. I fell in love with the
chile and creamy corn. I bought the ingredients on our way home last
night. Hopefully I'll be able to make it tonight.
http://i40.tinypic.com/xftj0m.jpg

I think I'm still full from yesterday ;-)

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
news

> I was supposed to go to daughter Erika's this weekend but got sick
> before I left. I was really bummed, not only did I miss out on Easter
> with them, I missed one grandson's birthday. We did have a great meal
> and family time at my sis's though.
> I took my computer and we were able to visit with DD and family by
> webcam, so all is well.
>
> We hung out a while and munched on paté and shrimp with two different
> dipping sauces. I already posted the paté, I'll post the dips later.
> My niece made the little flower cupcakes. She has that really cool pan
> that has several different flower shapes.
> http://i44.tinypic.com/2ewf96d.jpg

Great pics of the cupcakes! I love the colors. Do you know if that was
food coloring in the cake batter, or how did she do them?

> I think I'm still full from yesterday ;-)

Hope you're feeling better by now, and I hear you about being full still on
Monday. Ditto here and I'm just now able to eat some leftovers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:13:25 -0400, "Cheryl"
> wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
>news
>>

>> We hung out a while and munched on paté and shrimp with two different
>> dipping sauces. I already posted the paté, I'll post the dips later.
>> My niece made the little flower cupcakes. She has that really cool pan
>> that has several different flower shapes.
>> http://i44.tinypic.com/2ewf96d.jpg
>>

>Great pics of the cupcakes! I love the colors. Do you know if that was
>food coloring in the cake batter, or how did she do them?

She mixed up different cake batters for each row in the pan. She used
a pan similar to this. She could have used food coloring for some of
them, but I know for sure there were different cake flavors.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...4618066&RN=873
or
http://tinyurl.com/cyxgbd

Then put a simple glaze on them.

>> I think I'm still full from yesterday ;-)
>>

>Hope you're feeling better by now, and I hear you about being full still on
>Monday. Ditto here and I'm just now able to eat some leftovers.

I've recuperated thanks.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 04/10

Which ham for Easter? Nellie[_2_] General Cooking 61 01-04-2015 08:07 PM
Easter cometh (natural Easter egg dying) Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 48 07-03-2009 03:24 AM
easter pie Carmine Sweeney General Cooking 4 26-03-2008 11:54 PM
Easter Ham Pie Duckie ® Recipes 0 22-03-2005 12:27 AM
EASTER HAM? rosie Barbecue 7 08-04-2004 07:50 PM