Old 13-04-2009, 09:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easter Day

I was supposed to go to daughter Erika's this weekend but got sick
before I left. I was really bummed, not only did I miss out on Easter
with them, I missed one grandson's birthday. We did have a great meal
and family time at my sis's though.
I took my computer and we were able to visit with DD and family by
webcam, so all is well.

We hung out a while and munched on paté and shrimp with two different
dipping sauces. I already posted the paté, I'll post the dips later.
My niece made the little flower cupcakes. She has that really cool pan
that has several different flower shapes.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ewf96d.jpg

I'm not sure how much of the meal St. Robert made, I do know he made
the great split pea soup. I could have eaten two bowls of that.
He's doing very well only one year out from a lung transplant. We are
blessed.
http://i40.tinypic.com/20kvyjb.jpg

The ham was delicious, not salty at all. I don't know the brand. My
other niece, who's grandmother is visiting from Mexico City, brought a
couple of dishes her grandmother made for us. I fell in love with the
chile and creamy corn. I bought the ingredients on our way home last
night. Hopefully I'll be able to make it tonight.
http://i40.tinypic.com/xftj0m.jpg

I think I'm still full from yesterday ;-)

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

Old 15-04-2009, 01:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" wrote in message
news

I was supposed to go to daughter Erika's this weekend but got sick
before I left. I was really bummed, not only did I miss out on Easter
with them, I missed one grandson's birthday. We did have a great meal
and family time at my sis's though.
I took my computer and we were able to visit with DD and family by
webcam, so all is well.

We hung out a while and munched on paté and shrimp with two different
dipping sauces. I already posted the paté, I'll post the dips later.
My niece made the little flower cupcakes. She has that really cool pan
that has several different flower shapes.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ewf96d.jpg

Great pics of the cupcakes! I love the colors. Do you know if that was
food coloring in the cake batter, or how did she do them?

I think I'm still full from yesterday ;-)

Hope you're feeling better by now, and I hear you about being full still on
Monday. Ditto here and I'm just now able to eat some leftovers.

Old 15-04-2009, 03:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:13:25 -0400, "Cheryl"
wrote:

"koko" wrote in message
news

We hung out a while and munched on paté and shrimp with two different
dipping sauces. I already posted the paté, I'll post the dips later.
My niece made the little flower cupcakes. She has that really cool pan
that has several different flower shapes.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ewf96d.jpg

Great pics of the cupcakes! I love the colors. Do you know if that was
food coloring in the cake batter, or how did she do them?

She mixed up different cake batters for each row in the pan. She used
a pan similar to this. She could have used food coloring for some of
them, but I know for sure there were different cake flavors.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...4618066&RN=873
or
http://tinyurl.com/cyxgbd

Then put a simple glaze on them.

I think I'm still full from yesterday ;-)

Hope you're feeling better by now, and I hear you about being full still on
Monday. Ditto here and I'm just now able to eat some leftovers.

I've recuperated thanks.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 04/10

Which ham for Easter? Nellie[_2_] General Cooking 61 01-04-2015 08:07 PM
Easter cometh (natural Easter egg dying) Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 48 07-03-2009 03:24 AM
easter pie Carmine Sweeney General Cooking 4 26-03-2008 11:54 PM
Easter Ham Pie Duckie ® Recipes 0 22-03-2005 12:27 AM
EASTER HAM? rosie Barbecue 7 08-04-2004 07:50 PM