Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fast Food Nation: The Movie. :P

Fast Food Nation: The Movie. :P

After watching 7 hours of the 2nd round of the masters on two TVs on two
different channels (one, commercial free!), I got roped into watching this
movie.

Here's a brief review:

I'd heard it was supposed to be an exposé on fast food in America.

It was, a little, but took on the flavor of "Pulp Fiction for Dummies."
When I saw Bruce Willis in it, it became vastly clearer. LOL!

The best scene was the closing scene of the illegal immigrant smuggler
addressing his newly smuggled van of Mexicans, saying in Spanish, "Welcome
to America" and handing them bags of Mickey's fast food. As if to say
"Welcome to America, eat shit!"

At least I learned how manure gets into fast food burgers but that was
"delivered" in a 30 second explanation by a housemaid to the inquiry "How
does it get in the meat?"

I want 1 hour, 59 minutes and 30 seconds of my life back!

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.