FoodBanter.com

-   -   Use A Teabag, Go To Prison (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/170535-use-teabag-go-prison.html)

Mark Thorson 07-04-2009 02:02 AM

Use A Teabag, Go To Prison

Dentist's office was raided after he sent a teabag
to his Congressman:

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?...4-24e10790b5f9

Puester[_2_] 07-04-2009 02:57 AM

Use A Teabag, Go To Prison

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Dentist's office was raided after he sent a teabag
> to his Congressman:
>
> http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?...4-24e10790b5f9

Bah, humbug. That was in response to a right wing email
that was going around
asking people to send tea bags to Pres. Obama to represent a
modern "Boston Tea
Party" movement against taxation.

One of my very conservative friends sent it to me a month or
so ago.
I consigned it to the trash.

gloria p

Puester[_2_] 07-04-2009 03:41 AM

Use A Teabag, Go To Prison

Puester wrote:
> Mark Thorson wrote:
>> Dentist's office was raided after he sent a teabag
>> to his Congressman:
>>
>> http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?...4-24e10790b5f9

I just read the article. Seems to me it's a tempest in a
teapot....

gloria p

Dan Abel 07-04-2009 05:33 AM

Use A Teabag, Go To Prison

In article >,
Puester > wrote:

> Mark Thorson wrote:
> > Dentist's office was raided after he sent a teabag
> > to his Congressman:
> >
> > http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?...4a-9974-24e107
> > 90b5f9

The sentence above was not found in the cite.

> Bah, humbug. That was in response to a right wing email
> that was going around
> asking people to send tea bags to Pres. Obama to represent a
> modern "Boston Tea
> Party" movement against taxation.

I thought the subject was about something else. As I found out, much to
my surprise, "teabag" is a verb. I can't tell you what it means,
because this is a family newsgroup.

:-)

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

"[Don't] assume that someone is "broken" just because they behave in ways
you don't like or don't understand." --Miche

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 07-04-2009 05:41 AM

Use A Teabag, Go To Prison

Dan wrote:

> As I found out, much to my surprise, "teabag" is a verb.

I'm betting it's not one with which sf is familiar, even though it's
probably happening within a quarter-mile of where she is right now.

Bob

Mr. Bill[_2_] 07-04-2009 01:33 PM

Use A Teabag, Go To Prison

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 21:33:25 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

> I can't tell you what it means,
>because this is a family newsgroup.

Dan...are you sure you are in the right group? I have read comments
here that would make a 60 year old hooker blush.

brooklyn1 07-04-2009 02:10 PM

Use A Teabag, Go To Prison

"Dan Abel" wrote:

> I thought the subject was about something else. As I found out, much to
> my surprise, "teabag" is a verb.

In which dictionary? Oxford says it's a noun, and is written "tea bag" (two
words).

http://www.askoxford.com/results/?vi...archtype=exact

> I can't tell you what it means, because this is a family newsgroup.

Are you saying that a teabag is the little sibling of a douchebag?

[email protected] 07-04-2009 03:04 PM

Use A Teabag, Go To Prison

Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Dentist's office was raided after he sent a teabag
> to his Congressman:

From reading the article, and reading a bit between
the lines, he apparently sent loose tea, not a tea bag.
Still there was an over-reaction, but loose tea is
not as obviously innocuous as a tea bag would be.
Dried substance in an envelope sent to a member of congress
is exactly how the anthrax incident occurred.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.