Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Where can you buy flat toothpicks?

I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
they only carry round toothpicks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 31, 7:03*pm, James > wrote:
> I've never bought toothpicks before. *Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

eBay

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James wrote on Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:03:54 -0700 (PDT):

> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores
> and they only carry round toothpicks.

Don't know why you want them but try the dental section in a drug store.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James" > wrote in message
> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

Depends more where you live than the market... if you live where there's a
fairly strong concentration of particular ethnicities any markets will have
flat toothpics

Hispanic markets typically have flat toothpics. A toothpic in the mouth is
a major Hispanic macho image tradition, after eating they pick their teeth
at the table too (not the ladies), and they only use flats... on special
dress up occasions they hold wooden matches in their mouths. I know yoose
midwestern bible thumpers think this is BS but anyone from the coasts who
has been to the barrios knows it's the absolute truth. Real Chinese
restaurants also have flat toothpics, but not so much anymore because modern
sanitation dictates individually wrapped and those are always round. So try
Oriental markets too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James" > wrote in message
> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

Stop & Shop has them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
James > wrote:

> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

I buy the plastic dental picks. They are SO much better! Wood
toothpicks tend to splinter. I hate them.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James wrote:
> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

Check the local dollar stores.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:03:54 -0700 (PDT), James
> wrote:

>I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
>they only carry round toothpicks.

Flat toothpicks are flimsy and IMO, they're good for nothing. What do
you want to use them for?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:03:54 -0700 (PDT), James
> > wrote:
>
>>I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
>>they only carry round toothpicks.

> Flat toothpicks are flimsy and IMO, they're good for nothing. What do
> you want to use them for?

Then you're an all thumbs klutz, you've no sensual dexterity.

The flat toothpics are much thinner than the round ones and are far better
for picking teeth, which is why toothpics are called toothpics. The round
picks are better for stabbing food like olives, and for garnishing...
they're pretty useless for picking teeth, unless you're a redneck southern
hillybilly with more space then teeth

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 31, 7:03*pm, James > wrote:
> I've never bought toothpicks before. *Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

Keep looking - look also in the big box or discount stores - I can
find them everywhere. Make sure your regular stores know that at
least one customer wants them.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 1, 12:34*am, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>
> ... > On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:03:54 -0700 (PDT), James
> > > wrote:

> >>I've never bought toothpicks before. *Been to 3 grocery stores and
> >>they only carry round toothpicks.

> > Flat toothpicks are flimsy and IMO, they're good for nothing. *What do
> > you want to use them for?

> Then you're an all thumbs klutz, you've no sensual dexterity.
>
> The flat toothpics are much thinner than the round ones and are far better
> for picking teeth, which is why toothpics are called toothpics. *The round
> picks are better for stabbing food like olives, and for garnishing...
> they're pretty useless for picking teeth, unless you're a redneck southern
> hillybilly with more space then teeth

For once, you're right. Well, maybe more than once. Flat ones are
better because they can get farther between the teeth - more like
floss. And it's not always convenient to floss. Plus, I'd rather see
someone with a toothpick in their mouth than actively flossing.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Mar 31, 7:03 pm, James > wrote:
>
>> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
>> they only carry round toothpicks.
>>

> Keep looking - look also in the big box or discount stores - I can
> find them everywhere. Make sure your regular stores know that at
> least one customer wants them.
>
> N.

GUM Soft-Pics are what I use. I have been addicted to these for several
years. I have not had a cavity in over 20 yrs, either.

http://www.dentist.net/butler-gum-soft-picks.asp

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> Nancy2 wrote:
> > On Mar 31, 7:03 pm, James > wrote:
> >
> >> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> >> they only carry round toothpicks.
> >>

> > Keep looking - look also in the big box or discount stores - I can
> > find them everywhere. Make sure your regular stores know that at
> > least one customer wants them.
> >
> > N.

> GUM Soft-Pics are what I use. I have been addicted to these for several
> years. I have not had a cavity in over 20 yrs, either.
>

> http://www.dentist.net/butler-gum-soft-picks.asp
>

> Becca

Those look interesting, and efficient!
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 31, 7:03 pm, James > wrote:
> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

There's a little machine you can buy that will turn a round toothpick
into a flat one. Basically, it looks like a long miniature taco
press. You put a round toothpick in it, hammer it shut, and voila, a
flat toothpick emerges. They're also useful for making rolled stuffed
chives.

I don't have a link to give you, but you can probably find a
description and source for it via a Google search.

Good luck. HTH, etc.

--
Silvar Beitel
(very occasional poster)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:46:51 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>On Apr 1, 12:34*am, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> ... > On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:03:54 -0700 (PDT), James

>> > Flat toothpicks are flimsy and IMO, they're good for nothing. *What do
>> > you want to use them for?

>> Then you're an all thumbs klutz, you've no sensual dexterity.
>>
>> The flat toothpics are much thinner than the round ones and are far better
>> for picking teeth, which is why toothpics are called toothpics. *The round
>> picks are better for stabbing food like olives, and for garnishing...
>> they're pretty useless for picking teeth, unless you're a redneck southern
>> hillybilly with more space then teeth

>For once, you're right. Well, maybe more than once. Flat ones are
>better because they can get farther between the teeth - more like
>floss. And it's not always convenient to floss. Plus, I'd rather see
>someone with a toothpick in their mouth than actively flossing.

I was wondering what *food* the OP wanted to stab with them... or
maybe there was something else he wanted to stab.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:46:51 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>>On Apr 1, 12:34 am, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
>>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> ... > On Tue, 31 Mar 2009
>>> 17:03:54 -0700 (PDT), James

>>> Then you're an all thumbs klutz, you've no sensual dexterity.
>>>
>>> The flat toothpics are much thinner than the round ones and are far
>>> better
>>> for picking teeth, which is why toothpics are called toothpics. The
>>> round
>>> picks are better for stabbing food like olives, and for garnishing...
>>> they're pretty useless for picking teeth, unless you're a redneck
>>> southern
>>> hillybilly with more space then teeth

>>For once, you're right. Well, maybe more than once. Flat ones are
>>better because they can get farther between the teeth - more like
>>floss. And it's not always convenient to floss. Plus, I'd rather see
>>someone with a toothpick in their mouth than actively flossing.
>>

> I was wondering what *food* the OP wanted to stab with them... or
> maybe there was something else he wanted to stab.

Flat toothpics are rarely used for stabbing anything. Flat toothpics have
many uses for which round toothpics don't readily lend themselves, they're
used for all sorts of art/hobby projects like model building, they make
great paint/glue applicators too, they're used like miniature spatulas;
apply a small dab of epoxy and use the edge of the toothpic to scrape away
any excess. And flat toothpics don't roll off the table. Flat toothpics
cost far less than round ones, I very often use a flat toothpic as a
precision oiler, to place one small dab of lubricant, and since they're so
inexpensive just toss in the trash. Everytime I run my Swingline can opener
through the dishwasher I use a flat toothpic to dab olive oil onto the
rotating bearing surfaces... pouring oil just makes a mess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Apr 1, 12:34 am, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>
> ... > On Tue, 31 Mar 2009
> 17:03:54 -0700 (PDT), James
> > > wrote:

> >>I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> >>they only carry round toothpicks.

> > Flat toothpicks are flimsy and IMO, they're good for nothing. What do
> > you want to use them for?

> Then you're an all thumbs klutz, you've no sensual dexterity.
>
> The flat toothpics are much thinner than the round ones and are far better
> for picking teeth, which is why toothpics are called toothpics. The round
> picks are better for stabbing food like olives, and for garnishing...
> they're pretty useless for picking teeth, unless you're a redneck southern
> hillybilly with more space then teeth

For once, you're right. Well, maybe more than once. Flat ones are
better because they can get farther between the teeth - more like
floss. And it's not always convenient to floss. Plus, I'd rather see
someone with a toothpick in their mouth than actively flossing.

N.

I'm reminded of the time a friend and I went to a barbeque. We had some
really good grilled ribs corn on the cob, etc. After we ate we were all
sitting on the porch having a few beers, just talking. She was searching
through her purse, I mean really digging. Turns out she forgot to bring her
dental floss. I have no doubt if someone had some she'd have flossed right
then and there. <G>

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-04-02, jmcquown > wrote:

> For once, you're right. Well, maybe more than once. Flat ones are
> better because they can get farther between the teeth - more like
> floss. And it's not always convenient to floss. Plus, I'd rather see
> someone with a toothpick in their mouth than actively flossing.

I'm a confirmed toothpick junkie. Though I am seldom seen in public with
one in my mouth (crass), I'm seldom without one at home. Stuff between my
teeth drives me crazy and I hate floss. I DO keep some on hand for those
REALLY desperate situations.

After preferring flat toothpicks for the last 30 yrs, I've recently
defaulted to round, due mainly to my rural location and the fact flat
toothpicks are as rare as Champagne in Dogpatch. Guess what!? Round t/p's
work jes fine. It's all in the trim!

The real trick to any toothpick is gumming it long enough to soften it up so
one can "split" the tip. IOW, a good toothpick is made with the grain
running lengthwise. You get it soft and split it jes like splitting
rails/logs/etc. Get it soft, grab tip between teeth and find grain of wood.
Pull softly till tip splits away from main pick. If the toothpick is a
"good 'un", a thin split tip smaller than the original tip will result.
Round one's do this just as well as a flat, although a good flat can be
split so fine you're in floss territory. But, too fine and it has the same
rigidity as floss and is therefore useless as a toothpick.

Another great variation is bamboo toothpicks, commonly found in Thai
restaurants and easily identified by the double lathe cut indentations near
the flat top end. These aren't as good for picking teeth as US wood, but
they are strong as Hell and make good drift pins for reassembling your old
WWII Nambu momento pistol.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> For once, you're right. Well, maybe more than once. Flat ones are
> better because they can get farther between the teeth - more like
> floss. And it's not always convenient to floss. Plus, I'd rather see
> someone with a toothpick in their mouth than actively flossing.
>
> N.

For whom ever it was looking for these- Just saw flat and round ones for
sale today at the Army commissary. Diamond brand, 250 picks at fifty
cents a box
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> After preferring flat toothpicks for the last 30 yrs, I've recently
> defaulted to round, due mainly to my rural location and the fact flat
> toothpicks are as rare as Champagne in Dogpatch. Guess what!? Round t/p's
> work jes fine. It's all in the trim!

ya want I should send ya some, notbob? I found flat ones today at the
commissary. I don't think a little box will break the bank.. drop me an
email if you're interested.
Goomba

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James wrote:

> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

Party supply place?
Drugstore?
Target/Walmart?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-04-03, Goomba > wrote:

> ya want I should send ya some, notbob? I found flat ones today at the
> commissary. I don't think a little box will break the bank.. drop me an
> email if you're interested.

Thank you very much for the gracious offer, Goomba, but I'm pretty satisfied
with round picks. If I remember, I'll grab some flats the next time I make
a trip to the big city.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 31, 5:03*pm, James > wrote:
> I've never bought toothpicks before. *Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

I think I saw some at Spatula City the other day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Mar 31, 5:03 pm, James > wrote:
>> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
>> they only carry round toothpicks.

> I think I saw some at Spatula City the other day.

They're coming to our little town too! I had not thought that the local
economy would be able to be support a 24-hour, all-spatula superstore
but it's going into where old man Hardy's Hardware & Appliance &
Furniture Superama used to be. There's no doubt that folks from the
entire island will be coming here for all their spatula needs - I'm excited!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 3, 2:58*pm, dsi1 > wrote:
> Chemo the Clown wrote:
> > On Mar 31, 5:03 pm, James > wrote:
> >> I've never bought toothpicks before. *Been to 3 grocery stores and
> >> they only carry round toothpicks.

> > I think I saw some at Spatula City the other day.

> They're coming to our little town too! I had not thought that the local
> economy would be able to be support a 24-hour, all-spatula superstore
> but it's going into where old man Hardy's Hardware & Appliance &
> Furniture Superama used to be. There's no doubt that folks from the
> entire island will be coming here for all their spatula needs - I'm excited!

Get there early to avoid the rush!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

They have a web site too. http://www.virtualspatula.com/send.php

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:03:54 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

I live in St. Petersburg FL and it seems the only store that carries FLAT toothpicks is a grocery chain called Publix. I could never fathom why those round things are called toothpicks. You cannot pick your teeth with those damned things. While I'm at it, I feel sorry for those who find flat toothpicks so fragile.
Life is full of details that demand manual dexterity and finesse. I hope they learn it.
I've had a couple of dentists tell me toothpicks destroy teeth and they're useless and destructive. I find quack dentists useless and destructive.
I find flat toothpicks invaluable (though I sometimes keep floss-picks at hand) and may sometimes use them as an oral prop. It beats smoking.
I am really curious as to whether the dearth of flat toothpicks is happening everywhere, or is this part of FL just flawed in this unique way. Anyway, I hope you've maybe found a reliable source of flat picks by now and we should all pray for them to be better available.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

generiddell wrote:
>James wrote:
>> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
>> they only carry round toothpicks.

>I live in St. Petersburg FL and it seems the only store that carries
>FLAT toothpicks is a grocery chain called Publix. I could never fathom
>why those round things are called toothpicks. You cannot pick your
>teeth with those damned things. While I'm at it, I feel sorry for
>those who find flat toothpicks so fragile. Life is full of details that
>demand manual dexterity and finesse. I hope they learn it. I've had
>a couple of dentists tell me toothpicks destroy teeth and they're useless
>and destructive. I find quack dentists useless and destructive. I find flat
>toothpicks invaluable (though I sometimes keep floss-picks at hand) and
>may sometimes use them as an oral prop. It beats smoking. I am really
>curious as to whether the dearth of flat toothpicks is happening everywhere,
>or is this part of FL just flawed in this unique way. Anyway, I hope you've
>maybe found a reliable source of flat picks by now and we should all pray for
>them to be better available.

Flat toothpics are probably rare in Florida because there they mostly
sell Polident, and use round toothpics for 2ni olives. And indeed
those dentists are correct, wooden toothpics destroy the enamel
between teeth (wood is abrasive). I used to use flat toothpics
constantly for many years, eventually I required extensive dental work
(bonding).
Now I use this:
http://doctorsnightguard.com/product...picks/overview
And this:
http://www.gumbrand.com/between-teet...ing/picks.html
And brushing and flossing is manditory, this is superb floss:
http://www.gumbrand.com/between-teet...ing-floss.html
Fill your toolbox:
http://www.gumbrand.com/between-teeth-cleaning.html
Excellent toothbrushes too:
http://www.gumbrand.com/url-key/adul...thbrushes.html
of course if you really wanted flat toothpics you would have found
them:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...thpics%2C+flat
The world's largest toothpic manufacturer, Forster of Maine, closed
its doors this year, product is still available but the box will now
say Made in China.
You can still buy these, phone for info:
http://www.diamondbrands.com/pages/faq/26.php?page=3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message

generiddell wrote:
>James wrote:
>> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
>> they only carry round toothpicks.

>I live in St. Petersburg FL and it seems the only store that carries
>FLAT toothpicks is a grocery chain called Publix. I could never fathom
>why those round things are called toothpicks. You cannot pick your
>teeth with those damned things. While I'm at it, I feel sorry for
>those who find flat toothpicks so fragile.

<snip>
Flat toothpics are probably rare in Florida because there they mostly
sell Polident, and use round toothpics for 2ni olives. And indeed
those dentists are correct, wooden toothpics destroy the enamel
between teeth (wood is abrasive). I used to use flat toothpics
constantly for many years, eventually I required extensive dental work
(bonding).
Now I use this:
http://doctorsnightguard.com/product...picks/overview

~~~~~~~~
That's what I use (plus dental floss and toothbrush, of course). They're
the only thing I can use to get in between some of my teeth that are set
very tight-together.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 05:17:06 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:03:54 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
> > I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> > they only carry round toothpicks.

> I live in St. Petersburg FL and it seems the only store that carries FLAT toothpicks is a grocery chain called Publix. I could never fathom why those round things are called toothpicks. You cannot pick your teeth with those damned things. While I'm at it, I feel sorry for those who find flat toothpicks so fragile.
> Life is full of details that demand manual dexterity and finesse. I hope they learn it.
> I've had a couple of dentists tell me toothpicks destroy teeth and they're useless and destructive. I find quack dentists useless and destructive.
> I find flat toothpicks invaluable (though I sometimes keep floss-picks at hand) and may sometimes use them as an oral prop. It beats smoking.
> I am really curious as to whether the dearth of flat toothpicks is happening everywhere, or is this part of FL just flawed in this unique way. Anyway, I hope you've maybe found a reliable source of flat picks by now and we should all pray for them to be better available.

It seems like whatever it is you DON'T want seems to be what you find.
It took me what seemed like forever to find round toothpicks the one
time I needed them right *now*.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 05:17:06 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:03:54 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
>> > I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
>> > they only carry round toothpicks.

>> I live in St. Petersburg FL and it seems the only store that carries FLAT
>> toothpicks is a grocery chain called Publix. I could never fathom why
>> those round things are called toothpicks. You cannot pick your teeth with
>> those damned things. While I'm at it, I feel sorry for those who find
>> flat toothpicks so fragile.
>> Life is full of details that demand manual dexterity and finesse. I hope
>> they learn it.
>> I've had a couple of dentists tell me toothpicks destroy teeth and
>> they're useless and destructive. I find quack dentists useless and
>> destructive.
>> I find flat toothpicks invaluable (though I sometimes keep floss-picks at
>> hand) and may sometimes use them as an oral prop. It beats smoking.
>> I am really curious as to whether the dearth of flat toothpicks is
>> happening everywhere, or is this part of FL just flawed in this unique
>> way. Anyway, I hope you've maybe found a reliable source of flat picks by
>> now and we should all pray for them to be better available.

> It seems like whatever it is you DON'T want seems to be what you find.
> It took me what seemed like forever to find round toothpicks the one
> time I needed them right *now*.

lol ain't that always the way? )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-04-09 4:47 PM, sf wrote:

>> I live in St. Petersburg FL and it seems the only store that carries FLAT toothpicks is a grocery chain called Publix. I could never fathom why those round things are called toothpicks. You cannot pick your teeth with those damned things. While I'm at it, I feel sorry for those who find flat toothpicks so fragile.
>> Life is full of details that demand manual dexterity and finesse. I hope they learn it.
>> I've had a couple of dentists tell me toothpicks destroy teeth and they're useless and destructive. I find quack dentists useless and destructive.
>> I find flat toothpicks invaluable (though I sometimes keep floss-picks at hand) and may sometimes use them as an oral prop. It beats smoking.
>> I am really curious as to whether the dearth of flat toothpicks is happening everywhere, or is this part of FL just flawed in this unique way. Anyway, I hope you've maybe found a reliable source of flat picks by now and we should all pray for them to be better available.

> It seems like whatever it is you DON'T want seems to be what you find.
> It took me what seemed like forever to find round toothpicks the one
> time I needed them right *now*.

LOL... I used to see toothpicks in the grocery store all the time. I
rarely use so I am not in the habit of buying them. When I finally
needed some I could not find them. I finally located them and now have
another 10 year supply. For the life of me I don't remember where I
managed to find them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-04-09, MaryL > wrote:

> That's what I use (plus dental floss and toothbrush, of course). They're
> the only thing I can use to get in between some of my teeth that are set
> very tight-together.

Lemme wiggle into this thread. Yo! OP! Adapt!

As a former flat toothpick freak and longtime convert to round, I can
tell ya', go with whatchyagot. I also was a HUGE flat freak. Moved
to CO, nary a flat pick in sight. I bought some rounds. Gnaw on 'em
fer awhile to wet 'em up, then when they are soft, split off the tip.
IOW, peel off a bit and see if the grain is long or short. If short,
toss it. If long, go with it. I've got rounds that get between the
tightestest of tooth spaces. Plus, have found rounds typically use
better wood. I'll get a good point going, then snip it off flat with
scissors. Now have a flat scrapping surface 2nd to none. Bottom TP
line, give round a chance.

Betchya ppl didn't know toothpicks were so involved.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:03:54 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

I live in St. Petersburg FL and it seems the only store that carries FLAT
toothpicks is a grocery chain called Publix. I could never fathom why those
round things are called toothpicks. You cannot pick your teeth with those
damned things. While I'm at it, I feel sorry for those who find flat
toothpicks so fragile.
Life is full of details that demand manual dexterity and finesse. I hope
they learn it.
I've had a couple of dentists tell me toothpicks destroy teeth and they're
useless and destructive. I find quack dentists useless and destructive.
I find flat toothpicks invaluable (though I sometimes keep floss-picks at
hand) and may sometimes use them as an oral prop. It beats smoking.
I am really curious as to whether the dearth of flat toothpicks is happening
everywhere, or is this part of FL just flawed in this unique way. Anyway, I
hope you've maybe found a reliable source of flat picks by now and we should
all pray for them to be better available.

---

I haven't had to buy them for several years. One box lasts me a long time.
I use them to apply glue to false eyelashes for dance recital.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:03:54 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
> I've never bought toothpicks before. Been to 3 grocery stores and
> they only carry round toothpicks.

The flatties tend to break real easily. I haven't shopped for toothpicks in about ten years and still have a vast supply of roundies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KMart has them next to paper napkins, etc., but all my supermarkets carry them.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 06:00:08 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

> KMart has them next to paper napkins, etc., but all my supermarkets carry them.

Agree, sometimes they're in with the baking items - but they never
seem to be where you expect to see them because it seems like every
chain has a different idea about where to put them and I don't buy
them often enough to memorize who puts them where.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/11/2014 11:27 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 06:00:08 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>> KMart has them next to paper napkins, etc., but all my supermarkets carry them.
>>

> Agree, sometimes they're in with the baking items - but they never
> seem to be where you expect to see them because it seems like every
> chain has a different idea about where to put them and I don't buy
> them often enough to memorize who puts them where.

I don't know WHAT I was thinking, I looked for them by the
tooth care stuff.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:40:21 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 4/11/2014 11:27 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 06:00:08 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> KMart has them next to paper napkins, etc., but all my supermarkets carry them.
> >>

> > Agree, sometimes they're in with the baking items - but they never
> > seem to be where you expect to see them because it seems like every
> > chain has a different idea about where to put them and I don't buy
> > them often enough to memorize who puts them where.

> I don't know WHAT I was thinking, I looked for them by the
> tooth care stuff.

Heh - silly you! I normally use them as "testers", but when I use
them up fast - they're for hors d'oeuvres. You would be able to knock
me over with a feather if I ever saw them in with the real tooth care
products.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.

Flat Spanish Toothpicks Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 0 11-04-2014 09:28 PM
CINNAMON TOOTHPICKS [email protected] Baking 0 05-10-2007 08:02 AM
Get a flat $25.00 maya General Cooking 0 17-02-2007 09:45 PM
How to make rotis (Indian flat bread), paratha (layered flat bread), and other Indian breads... Amanda General Cooking 3 01-01-2007 07:23 PM
no toothpicks allowed in foodcourt for samples P. Pete Chong Restaurants 0 23-12-2004 04:20 PM