Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dusk Horn Rats

A few minutes ago:
http://i40.tinypic.com/16ke6x1.jpg

Morning beggers:
http://i44.tinypic.com/34e4xg5.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/157eii0.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> A few minutes ago:
> http://i40.tinypic.com/16ke6x1.jpg
>
> Morning beggers:
> http://i44.tinypic.com/34e4xg5.jpg
> http://i43.tinypic.com/157eii0.jpg

Lovely, but jealous of all that grass you have
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phil..c" > wrote:
> brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> A few minutes ago:
>> http://i40.tinypic.com/16ke6x1.jpg
>>
>> Morning beggers:
>> http://i44.tinypic.com/34e4xg5.jpg
>> http://i43.tinypic.com/157eii0.jpg
>>

> Lovely, but jealous of all that grass you have

Don't be jealous... you're welcome to help mow.... have you ever mown ten
acres of lawn in a day? All I can say is sitting a tractor is tough on the
kidneys... tractors have no suspension... good I have plenty of bushes
heheh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> "phil..c" > wrote:
>> brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> A few minutes ago:
>>> http://i40.tinypic.com/16ke6x1.jpg
>>>
>>> Morning beggers:
>>> http://i44.tinypic.com/34e4xg5.jpg
>>> http://i43.tinypic.com/157eii0.jpg
>>>

>> Lovely, but jealous of all that grass you have

> Don't be jealous... you're welcome to help mow.... have you ever mown ten
> acres of lawn in a day? All I can say is sitting a tractor is tough on the
> kidneys... tractors have no suspension... good I have plenty of bushes
> heheh.

he he try doing 5000 acres of barley harvest in a day & a night

By the way the community here holds the guinness book of records for
most headers in one place at one time see

> WESTY said it would work. Boots offered his property. Brickie got excited and Griffo wanted to bring his chopper.
>
> Well, Westy was right. Boots copped a bonus in getting 200ha of wheat off in world record time. Brickie could only marvel at the publicity and confidence booster to the local community and Griffo, well Griffo had a ball in his helicopter ferrying professional and amateur photographers.
>
> And the result?
>
> An entry into the Guinness Book of Records for having 55 combine harvesters operating together in one paddock in an event called the Perenjori Header Muster.
>
> It happened on Friday, December 19 in a 200ha paddock owned by Ron ³Boots² Cannon after much planning by Perenjori Progress Association member and local Elders agent Ian ³Westy² West, who thought of the idea three years ago.
>
> Perenjori Shire president and farmer Brian ³Brickie² Baxter was an enthusiastic supporter as was Allan ³ÒGriffo² Griffiths, who owns a farm and a helicopter in Carnamah.
>
> ²I was absolutely knocked over by the response,² Ian said of the more than 350 people who turned up to watch 56 headers make short work of a Calingiri wheat crop going 2.3t/ha.
>
> The task was completed in two passes of the 1100m wide paddock by a variety of combine harvester models ranging from the current breed to a Massey 850 built in 1985 and designed with a 7.3m (24ft) closed front or comb front which required three lifting rams.
>
> It was the last header away and kept up admirably with its bigger brothers (with the assistance of a chase bin).
>
> The end result was 400t of Calingiri wheat delivered to the nearby Bunjil bin with the operation taking about an hour.
>
> ³I had been waiting for the right year to use the idea to get the community together to celebrate the season,² Ian said. ³It also gave us an opportunity to raise funds for the progress association to help out the St John¹s Ambulance brigade and the local school and other local groups.
>
> ³And we wanted to give a positive spin to Perenjori, which has copped a bit of negative publicity as a town in decline.
>
> ³Guiness opened up a new category for us and I suppose someone else will now want to have a crack at it.²
>
> Naturally all ideas need support and Ian is grateful for the help he has received, with the mind-boggling logistics of handling low loaders, parking comb front trailers, arranging road trains to take the wheat and feeding the multitude.
>
> ²Could you also please give our sponsors a plug too?² Ian asked.
>
> the National¹s head of Agribusiness Risk Management Services Tim Keith said.
>
> Print
> Increase Text Size
> Decrease Text Size

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>A few minutes ago:
> http://i40.tinypic.com/16ke6x1.jpg
>
> Morning beggers:
> http://i44.tinypic.com/34e4xg5.jpg
> http://i43.tinypic.com/157eii0.jpg

Nice photos! There are deer running around down here. Here's a funny. In
2007 my mother was in the den and I was reading in the bedroom. In
mid-afternoon a herd of deer went running across the back yard. We met in
the middle of the house, each of us exclaiming "Did you see that?!" Yeah,
we saw that! They're usually only seen around dawn or dusk. You certainly
don't see a whole herd of them running across the lawn in the middle of the
day. LOL

Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy egrets,
herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a pelican
Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out back
and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was just
sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find mice
and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the wingspan
was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good reason to keep
cats indoors.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was just
> sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find mice
> and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the wingspan
> was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good reason to
> keep cats indoors.

We get those up here in MD too. They can grab a bird in mid-air when
hunting. I once saw one grab a male cardinal but the hawk must have had his
vision obstructed because they both hit the side of the house. After the
impact the hawk lost hold of the cardinal, and the cardinal flew off.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>
>> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
>> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was
>> just sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find
>> mice and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the
>> wingspan was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good
>> reason to keep cats indoors.

> We get those up here in MD too. They can grab a bird in mid-air when
> hunting. I once saw one grab a male cardinal but the hawk must have had
> his vision obstructed because they both hit the side of the house. After
> the impact the hawk lost hold of the cardinal, and the cardinal flew off.

YAY for the cardinal getting away! I love cardinals. Had some nesting in
the tree outside the kitchen window last May. The neighbors cats kept
trying to get at them. I'd run out and shoo them away. I think they
finally fledged.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
snip

> Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy egrets,
> herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a pelican
> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was just
> sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find mice
> and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the wingspan
> was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good reason to
> keep cats indoors.
>
> Jill

Go here for some stop-action, truly amazing photos of birds
http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> snip
>> Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy egrets,
>> herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a pelican
>> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
>> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was just
>> sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find mice
>> and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the wingspan
>> was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good reason to
>> keep cats indoors.
>>
>> Jill

> Go here for some stop-action, truly amazing photos of birds
> http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578

Truly amazing and lovely photos any additional words would be superfluous.
Thank you for a FANTASTIC link
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
news

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> snip
>>
>> Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy egrets,
>> herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a pelican
>> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
>> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was
>> just sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find
>> mice and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the
>> wingspan was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good
>> reason to keep cats indoors.
>>
>> Jill

> Go here for some stop-action, truly amazing photos of birds
> http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578

Incredible Thanks! As I said, the wingspan of redtailed hawks is
fantastic. And those talons. Yikes! When I see hawks looking like they
are lazily floating on a breeze I think how fun is that? But there is a
reason they say "eyes sharp as a hawk"; they're looking for prey. And when
they spot it they move very fast. Wonderful shots, thanks, Janet.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote

> Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy egrets,
> herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a pelican
> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was just
> sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find mice
> and squirrels to eat.

Too bad you didn't take pictures.

Here's a red tailed hawk perched on a garden post... waiting for moles to
pop up... was a long way off (500 yards):
http://i39.tinypic.com/312zt5y.jpg

Couldn't resist this DD robin (let's not think it's a male), had it blown up
to a 8" X 10" and framed, makes a great pin up on my wall:
http://i43.tinypic.com/x44x7m.jpg

A stork on my barn, probably making a delivery:
http://i39.tinypic.com/dynl9s.jpg

Some days there are gaggles:
http://i42.tinypic.com/zmjlo0.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> "jmcquown" > wrote
>>
>> Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy egrets,
>> herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a pelican
>> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
>> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was
>> just sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find
>> mice and squirrels to eat.

> Too bad you didn't take pictures.

There's plenty of time to take pictures. When the weather gets warmer there
will be snowy egrets, ibises and herons all over the place All manner of
water fowl.

> Here's a red tailed hawk perched on a garden post... waiting for moles to
> pop up... was a long way off (500 yards):
> http://i39.tinypic.com/312zt5y.jpg
>
> Couldn't resist this DD robin (let's not think it's a male), had it blown
> up to a 8" X 10" and framed, makes a great pin up on my wall:
> http://i43.tinypic.com/x44x7m.jpg

Robins are one of the wild north american birds whose sex is hard to
determine. Usually there are defining features. Not so with robins.

> A stork on my barn, probably making a delivery:
> http://i39.tinypic.com/dynl9s.jpg
>
> Some days there are gaggles:
> http://i42.tinypic.com/zmjlo0.jpg

Gotta laugh at gaggles of geese

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "phil..c" > wrote:
>
>> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> > "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> > snip

>> > Go here for some stop-action, truly amazing photos of birds
>> > http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578
>> >

>> Truly amazing and lovely photos any additional words would be
>> superfluous.
>> Thank you for a FANTASTIC link

> I wish I could grab some of those as wallpaper... Wow.
> --
> Peace! Om

If you figure out how to do it, let me know. I would love it for screen
saver
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> > "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> >
> >> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
> >> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was
> >> just sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find
> >> mice and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the
> >> wingspan was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good
> >> reason to keep cats indoors.

> > We get those up here in MD too. They can grab a bird in mid-air when
> > hunting. I once saw one grab a male cardinal but the hawk must have had
> > his vision obstructed because they both hit the side of the house. After
> > the impact the hawk lost hold of the cardinal, and the cardinal flew off.

> YAY for the cardinal getting away! I love cardinals. Had some nesting in
> the tree outside the kitchen window last May. The neighbors cats kept
> trying to get at them. I'd run out and shoo them away. I think they
> finally fledged.
>
> Jill

I have some redbirds that nest in my grape vines. :-) I love them too!
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 25, 8:06*am, "Janet Bostwick" > wrote:
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>
> news >
>

> > In article >,

> >> Truly amazing and lovely photos *any additional words would be
> >> superfluous.
> >> Thank you for a FANTASTIC link

> > I wish I could grab some of those as wallpaper... Wow.
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> If you figure out how to do it, let me know. *I would love it for screen
> saver

No. please don't. The man is a terrific professional photographer.
If you want his work, buy it from him, don't steal it. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"phil..c" > wrote:

> Janet Bostwick wrote:
> > "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> > snip
> >> Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy egrets,
> >> herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a pelican
> >> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
> >> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was just
> >> sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find mice
> >> and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the wingspan
> >> was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good reason to
> >> keep cats indoors.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Go here for some stop-action, truly amazing photos of birds
> > http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578
> >

> Truly amazing and lovely photos any additional words would be superfluous.
> Thank you for a FANTASTIC link

I wish I could grab some of those as wallpaper... Wow.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Janet Bostwick" > wrote:

> >> Truly amazing and lovely photos any additional words would be
> >> superfluous.
> >> Thank you for a FANTASTIC link

> > I wish I could grab some of those as wallpaper... Wow.
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> If you figure out how to do it, let me know. I would love it for screen
> saver
> Janet

I wish. :-( Slideshows like that appear to be copy protected???
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> "brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>> "jmcquown" > wrote
>>>
>>> Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy
>>> egrets, herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a
>>> pelican Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one
>>> landed out back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk!
>>> It was just sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying
>>> to find mice and squirrels to eat.

>> Too bad you didn't take pictures.
>>

> There's plenty of time to take pictures. When the weather gets warmer
> there will be snowy egrets, ibises and herons all over the place All
> manner of water fowl.
>
>> Here's a red tailed hawk perched on a garden post... waiting for moles to
>> pop up... was a long way off (500 yards):
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/312zt5y.jpg
>>
>> Couldn't resist this DD robin (let's not think it's a male), had it blown
>> up to a 8" X 10" and framed, makes a great pin up on my wall:
>> http://i43.tinypic.com/x44x7m.jpg
>>

> Robins are one of the wild north american birds whose sex is hard to
> determine. Usually there are defining features. Not so with robins.

There are marked differences between male and female North American robins,
especially only the male sports the bright redish orange breast. The female
colors are duller, especially the breast which is mostly tan and white,
dotted sparsely with pale redish speckles.

Scroll to bottom: http://www.audubon.org/bird/BoA/F12_G3a.html

If there's one thing I know it's breasts! LOL

>> A stork on my barn, probably making a delivery:
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/dynl9s.jpg
>>
>> Some days there are gaggles:
>> http://i42.tinypic.com/zmjlo0.jpg
>>

> Gotta laugh at gaggles of geese
>
> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
news

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> snip
>>
>> Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy egrets,
>> herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a pelican
>> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
>> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was
>> just sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to find
>> mice and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the
>> wingspan was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good
>> reason to keep cats indoors.
>>
>> Jill

> Go here for some stop-action, truly amazing photos of birds
> http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578

Awesome!!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> "brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>>> "jmcquown" > wrote

>>> Too bad you didn't take pictures.

Forgot to say, I didn't have a digital camera with me when I came down here
in 2007. I doubt I'd have had time to grab the camera in any event. I
didn't want to startle it. It was a remarkable site. Not 6 feet from where
I was sitting on the sofa.

>>> Couldn't resist this DD robin (let's not think it's a male), had it
>>> blown up to a 8" X 10" and framed, makes a great pin up on my wall:
>>> http://i43.tinypic.com/x44x7m.jpg
>>>

>> Robins are one of the wild north american birds whose sex is hard to
>> determine. Usually there are defining features. Not so with robins.

> There are marked differences between male and female North American
> robins, especially only the male sports the bright redish orange breast.
> The female colors are duller, especially the breast which is mostly tan
> and white, dotted sparsely with pale redish speckles.
>
> If there's one thing I know it's breasts! LOL

The robins I've seen with speckled breasts are fledglings or "just fledged".
Young birds. I can't say I've ever noticed a much deeper shade of orange
(they aren't actually red) on a male vs. female robin. But then again, I've
mostly only been able to observe seed eaters. Robins will eat seed but
they'd much rather dig around in the soil for a fat juicy worm I don't
see many robins down here. I don't see mourning doves, either. Those are
very common back in TN but I have yet to see one here.

There was a tufted titmouse splashing away in a plant saucer on the patio
yesterday afternoon. Splish splash it was takin' a bath! I think there is
a nest in the camelia bush at the back corner of the house

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> > "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> > snip
> >>
> >> Canada geese aren't seen much down here. There are lots of snowy

egrets,
> >> herons, ibises and the occasional stork. Sometimes even a pelican
> >> Red-tailed hawks are abundant and they're huge birds... one landed out
> >> back and just sat there. I said, Mom, look! There's a hawk! It was
> >> just sitting there. Resting, I guess, after a hard day of trying to

find
> >> mice and squirrels to eat. It a large bird. When it did take off the
> >> wingspan was fantastic. And the talons on it, eeek! Hawks are a good
> >> reason to keep cats indoors.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Go here for some stop-action, truly amazing photos of birds
> > http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/ssp...lbumID=1001578

> Awesome!!!!!!

Someone showed me a Youtube video the other night of a bald eagle attacking
a deer...don't know the URL but it was pretty amazing!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> Someone showed me a Youtube video the other night of a bald eagle attacking
> a deer...don't know the URL but it was pretty amazing!

Someone sent me this video of an eagle and a deer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb-e3NPE3Uc

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:06:05 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> "phil..c" > wrote:
>>> >
>>> Truly amazing and lovely photos any additional words would be
>>> superfluous.
>>> Thank you for a FANTASTIC link

>> I wish I could grab some of those as wallpaper... Wow.
>> --
>> Peace! Om

> If you figure out how to do it, let me know. I would love it for screen
> saver
> Janet

unless the images are for some reason uncapturable, it should be easy,
since you both seem to be windows users. right-click on image and save.

in vista, it would go like this:

start (or whatever the goofy flag icon is) --> control panel--> personalize

then you can choose 'desktop background' or 'screen saver' and substitute
any image you have. there is a browse function to find it if you're not
sure where it is.

in earlier o.s.'s i believe it's computer --> control panel --> display
--> wallpaper. in any case, you could search for 'wallpaper' in help and
that should take you there.

shit, the page finally loaded (after twenty minutes and a refresh), and the
images *don't* seem captureable. oh well, the above is all typed up, and
maybe some people can use the how-to.

here's my wallpaper:

<http://allaboutadvocacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gort_lg.jpg>

i like to see a friendly face in the morning.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:38:38 -0600, Omelet wrote:

>>> I wish I could grab some of those as wallpaper... Wow.
>>> --
>>> Peace! Om

>> If you figure out how to do it, let me know. I would love it for screen
>> saver
>> Janet

> I wish. :-( Slideshows like that appear to be copy protected???

there must be some hackweasel out there who knows how to do it. or a mac
user that will say, 'with a *mac*, it's very easy to do.'

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:38:38 -0600, Omelet wrote:

> >> If you figure out how to do it, let me know. I would love it for screen
> >> saver
> >> Janet

> > I wish. :-( Slideshows like that appear to be copy protected???

> there must be some hackweasel out there who knows how to do it. or a mac
> user that will say, 'with a *mac*, it's very easy to do.'
>
> your pal,
> blake

I'm a mac user, and I still could not capture them.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake wrote:

> shit, the page finally loaded (after twenty minutes and a refresh),
> and the images *don't* seem captureable.

You wanted something like this?

http://i40.tinypic.com/260wcpv.jpg

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:38:38 -0600, Omelet wrote:

>> > I wish. :-( Slideshows like that appear to be copy protected???

>> there must be some hackweasel out there who knows how to do it. or a mac
>> user that will say, 'with a *mac*, it's very easy to do.'
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> I'm a mac user, and I still could not capture them.
> --
> Peace! Om

Some things (hawks) are not meant to be captured

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:53:20 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> blake wrote:
>
>> shit, the page finally loaded (after twenty minutes and a refresh),
>> and the images *don't* seem captureable.

> You wanted something like this?
>
> http://i40.tinypic.com/260wcpv.jpg
>
> Bob

i didn't, no, but you might tell janet and om how you snagged it.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:20:41 -0600, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:38:38 -0600, Omelet wrote:

>>> I wish. :-( Slideshows like that appear to be copy protected???

>> there must be some hackweasel out there who knows how to do it. or a mac
>> user that will say, 'with a *mac*, it's very easy to do.'
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> I'm a mac user, and I still could not capture them.

i guess you'll have to pump bob t.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Some things (hawks) are not meant to be captured
>
> Jill

Hah! Excellent point. :-)
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:53:20 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>
> > blake wrote:
> >
> >> shit, the page finally loaded (after twenty minutes and a refresh),
> >> and the images *don't* seem captureable.

> > You wanted something like this?
> >
> > http://i40.tinypic.com/260wcpv.jpg
> >
> > Bob

> i didn't, no, but you might tell janet and om how you snagged it.
>
> your pal,
> blake

I'll take what I can get. <g>
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake wrote:

>>> shit, the page finally loaded (after twenty minutes and a refresh),
>>> and the images *don't* seem captureable.

>> You wanted something like this?
>>
>> http://i40.tinypic.com/260wcpv.jpg
>>

> i didn't, no, but you might tell janet and om how you snagged it.

OK, this is from Windows:

1. Open MS Paint. (It ought to be in the Accessories folder.) If you don't
see a white rectangle which represents a virgin picture, press Ctrl-N to
start a new picture.

2. Use your browser to open the slideshow, and navigate to the picture you
want.

3. Press the "Print Scrn" key.

screenshot into the picture. Use the selection tool to select the photo part
of the screenshot, and press Ctrl-C. Click File --> New to open a new
picture. (You'll be asked if you want to discard the old photo. Yes, you
do.) Then press Ctrl-V again to paste the cropped photo into the new
picture. What you'll have at that point is a .bmp file; if you want to make
it some other format, you can do a File --> Save As... to select a different
format.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message

>>> You wanted something like this?
>>>
>>> http://i40.tinypic.com/260wcpv.jpg
>>>

>> i didn't, no, but you might tell janet and om how you snagged it.

> OK, this is from Windows:
>
> 1. Open MS Paint. (It ought to be in the Accessories folder.) If you don't
> see a white rectangle which represents a virgin picture, press Ctrl-N to
> start a new picture.
>
> 2. Use your browser to open the slideshow, and navigate to the picture you
> want.
>
> 3. Press the "Print Scrn" key.

> screenshot into the picture. Use the selection tool to select the photo
> part of the screenshot, and press Ctrl-C. Click File --> New to open a new
> picture. (You'll be asked if you want to discard the old photo. Yes, you
> do.) Then press Ctrl-V again to paste the cropped photo into the new
> picture. What you'll have at that point is a .bmp file; if you want to
> make it some other format, you can do a File --> Save As... to select a
> different format.

Even easier. Fraps. Made for capturing stills from streaming video, but I'd
bet it would work with flash slideshows, too. Free to use the limited
function version.
http://www.fraps.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:37:12 -0400, Cheryl wrote:

>>> i didn't, no, but you might tell janet and om how you snagged it.

>> OK, this is from Windows:
>>
>> 1. Open MS Paint. (It ought to be in the Accessories folder.) If you don't
>> see a white rectangle which represents a virgin picture, press Ctrl-N to
>> start a new picture.
>>
>> 2. Use your browser to open the slideshow, and navigate to the picture you
>> want.
>>
>> 3. Press the "Print Scrn" key.

>> screenshot into the picture. Use the selection tool to select the photo
>> part of the screenshot, and press Ctrl-C. Click File --> New to open a new
>> picture. (You'll be asked if you want to discard the old photo. Yes, you
>> do.) Then press Ctrl-V again to paste the cropped photo into the new
>> picture. What you'll have at that point is a .bmp file; if you want to
>> make it some other format, you can do a File --> Save As... to select a
>> different format.

> Even easier. Fraps. Made for capturing stills from streaming video, but I'd
> bet it would work with flash slideshows, too. Free to use the limited
> function version.
> http://www.fraps.com/

thanks, bob and cheryl. i don't know how often i will want to do this, but
i've squirreled away both your replies against that day.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:37:12 -0400, Cheryl wrote:

>>> OK, this is from Windows:
>>>
>>> 1. Open MS Paint. (It ought to be in the Accessories folder.) If you
>>> don't
>>> see a white rectangle which represents a virgin picture, press Ctrl-N to
>>> start a new picture.
>>>
>>> 2. Use your browser to open the slideshow, and navigate to the picture
>>> you
>>> want.
>>>
>>> 3. Press the "Print Scrn" key.

>>> screenshot into the picture. Use the selection tool to select the photo
>>> part of the screenshot, and press Ctrl-C. Click File --> New to open a
>>> new
>>> picture. (You'll be asked if you want to discard the old photo. Yes, you
>>> do.) Then press Ctrl-V again to paste the cropped photo into the new
>>> picture. What you'll have at that point is a .bmp file; if you want to
>>> make it some other format, you can do a File --> Save As... to select a
>>> different format.

>> Even easier. Fraps. Made for capturing stills from streaming video, but
>> I'd
>> bet it would work with flash slideshows, too. Free to use the limited
>> function version.
>> http://www.fraps.com/

> thanks, bob and cheryl. i don't know how often i will want to do this,
> but
> i've squirreled away both your replies against that day.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Thanks from me too, Bob and Cheryl
Janet