Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default use of filtered water in cooking and home

Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
water at home/office/work.

And if so how many use it in cooking ?

For discussion
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phil..c" > wrote in message
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

I have a dual inline filter I use for drinking and cooking but I don't use
it to boil pasta.

Tom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phil..c" > wrote in message
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

Our town water tastes terrible so I have a carbon filter in the cold water
line to the kitchen. Any cold water used there is filtered.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 20, 4:19*am, "phil..c" > wrote:
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so *how many *use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

We use a filter jug (Brita) for drinking water. I used to use it for
making tea, ice cubes, etc. but I've been lazy lately and using tap
water for cooking,

Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phil..c" > wrote in message
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

We live in the bush so we have rainwater tanks for everything but if I had
to consume the stuff they have in town I'd be filtering it for sure.
Or replacing it with wine or something. It's gross.

Hoges in WA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phil..c" > wrote in message
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so how many use it in cooking ?

I have an RO filter, I use that filtered water for drinking, coffee, ice
cubes, and all cooking except for where the water will not be retained, like
boiling pasta, boiling eggs, etc. And since I have my own private well all
my water is sterilized with a UV lamp. I also have a water softener for all
water except for hose bibs and the RO filter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phil..c" > wrote in news:gpvjip$5q6$1
@news.motzarella.org:

> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

This is the scummy prick stalker/troll who used to go by the names of
"spamlister", "tired-phil", "pits08" and "pits09"

Oh!!!! And we mustn't forget "nemisis"!!!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

It caused all the forging/stalking problems in here about a month
ago........ and now it wants to act like a 'real' poster.

Killfile it.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hoges in WA" > wrote in message

> "phil..c" > wrote in message
>> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
>> water at home/office/work.
>>
>> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>>
>> For discussion

> We live in the bush so we have rainwater tanks for everything but if I had
> to consume the stuff they have in town I'd be filtering it for sure.
> Or replacing it with wine or something. It's gross.
>
> Hoges in WA

You obviously haven't tasted Adelaide's water then. Perth's is distilled
by comparison!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 20, 3:19*am, "phil..c" > wrote:
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so *how many *use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

Luckily, St. Louis water is fine right from the tap. We lived in
Tampa Bay when my wife was in grad school. There, I'd never drink
unfiltered tap water. I assumed that only really poor people would
drink it. It was even nasty to shower in.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

phil..c wrote:
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

I have a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink. It has a spigot
thing on the sink and we use that water for drinking and cooking. It is
also hooked to the water line for the ice maker and water dispenser on
the fridge.

We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing
the filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying
for bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
> On Mar 20, 3:19 am, "phil..c" > wrote:
>> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
>> water at home/office/work.
>>
>> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>>
>> For discussion

> Luckily, St. Louis water is fine right from the tap. We lived in
> Tampa Bay when my wife was in grad school. There, I'd never drink
> unfiltered tap water. I assumed that only really poor people would
> drink it. It was even nasty to shower in.

My tap water is drinkable if you're really thirsty. I vastly prefer
filtered. It varies on a daily basis from smelling like sulfur to smelling
like too much chlorine.
A guy from the city came and tested it once. He said that it was perfectly
safe for drinking, but you wouldn't want it in your pool. Strange.

Unfiltered well water will turn your toilet and shower red here. I have
city water thankfully.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 20, 4:19*am, "phil..c" > wrote:
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so *how many *use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

Our tapwater comes from the Detroit regional water system, and
it's just fine. It's drawn from the Great Lakes, upstream from
Detroit.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote >
> I have a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink. It has a spigot
> thing on the sink and we use that water for drinking and cooking. It is
> also hooked to the water line for the ice maker and water dispenser on the
> fridge.
>
> We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing the
> filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying for
> bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.

Why pray tell are you renting it. You are paying $250 a year for something
you can buy outright at Lowes and elsewhere for under $200. An RO filter
needs service only once a year to once every two years depending on usage
volume... the RO membrane is good for like ten years. Servicving entails
changing a couple of disposable cartridges, using a few alcohol wipes on the
fitting threads, and recharging the tank pressure with a bicycle pump. In
ten years you will have paid $2,500 for what should cost more like $600.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...everse+osmosis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Our town water tastes terrible so I have a carbon filter in the cold water
> line to the kitchen. Any cold water used there is filtered.

Here in TX we don't have cold water lines, just "warm" and "hot".

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 20, 12:00*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> phil..c wrote:
> > Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> > water at home/office/work.

> > And if so *how many *use it in cooking ?

> > For discussion

> I have a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink. It has a spigot
> thing on the sink and we use that water for drinking and cooking. It is
> also hooked to the water line for the ice maker and water dispenser on
> the fridge.
>
> We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing
> the filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying
> for bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> way-the-heck-south Texas
> spelling doesn't count
> but cooking does

One of the best tasting tap waters is in Texarkana.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote >
>> I have a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink. It has a spigot
>> thing on the sink and we use that water for drinking and cooking. It is
>> also hooked to the water line for the ice maker and water dispenser on the
>> fridge.
>>
>> We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing the
>> filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying for
>> bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.
>>

> Why pray tell are you renting it. You are paying $250 a year for something
> you can buy outright at Lowes and elsewhere for under $200. An RO filter
> needs service only once a year to once every two years depending on usage
> volume... the RO membrane is good for like ten years. Servicving entails
> changing a couple of disposable cartridges, using a few alcohol wipes on the
> fitting threads, and recharging the tank pressure with a bicycle pump. In
> ten years you will have paid $2,500 for what should cost more like $600.
>
> http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...everse+osmosis

Normally I don't reply to Sheldon, but he's not correct. A friend of
mine purchased his system and it costs him more than what I pay to just
replace his 3 filters every year. Friend said he would have done better
with Culligan.

Also, there is a tray with a sensor under the filter and if it leaks the
sensor goes off. They come and fix everything. 24/7 service.

They change the filters twice a year. DH and I are too old and stiff to
go crawling under the sink to change filters. It's worth it to have them
do it.

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Our town water tastes terrible so I have a carbon filter in the cold
>> water line to the kitchen. Any cold water used there is filtered.

> Here in TX we don't have cold water lines, just "warm" and "hot".

LOL! So true, so true

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> One of the best tasting tap waters is in Texarkana.

That is very true. We would always fill the tank on the RV whenever we
stopped there.

The dealer we bought our last fifth wheel from had his dealership on his
farm in northern Iowa, just south of Blue Earth, MN. He had an artesian
well on the property and we would fill jugs of water when we visited. It
tasted sooooo good.

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> Luckily, St. Louis water is fine right from the tap. We lived in
> Tampa Bay when my wife was in grad school. There, I'd never drink
> unfiltered tap water. I assumed that only really poor people would
> drink it. It was even nasty to shower in.
>
> --Bryan

You could have soaped up and had your wife pour the Britta pitcher over
you to rinse.
;-)
gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote >

>> We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing the
>> filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying for
>> bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.
>>

> Why pray tell are you renting it. You are paying $250 a year for something
> you can buy outright at Lowes and elsewhere for under $200. An RO filter
> needs service only once a year to once every two years depending on usage
> volume... the RO membrane is good for like ten years. Servicving entails
> changing a couple of disposable cartridges, using a few alcohol wipes on the
> fitting threads, and recharging the tank pressure with a bicycle pump. In
> ten years you will have paid $2,500 for what should cost more like $600.

You will go through that procedure but you won't change a car battery?
O...kay!

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Our town water tastes terrible so I have a carbon filter in the cold
>> water line to the kitchen. Any cold water used there is filtered.

> Here in TX we don't have cold water lines, just "warm" and "hot".

I know. Here soon we will have 2 hot lines. Cold water comes from the
fridge.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
> On Mar 20, 12:00 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> phil..c wrote:
>> > Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for
>> > their
>> > water at home/office/work.

>> > And if so how many use it in cooking ?

>> > For discussion

>> I have a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink. It has a spigot
>> thing on the sink and we use that water for drinking and cooking. It is
>> also hooked to the water line for the ice maker and water dispenser on
>> the fridge.
>>
>> We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing
>> the filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying
>> for bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> way-the-heck-south Texas
>> spelling doesn't count
>> but cooking does

> One of the best tasting tap waters is in Texarkana.

I remember water tasting great when I was growing up in Utah. It was also
pretty good in Tennessee. Maui water was quite good from the tap.
A lot of people say New York pizza is superior because of their wonderful
water, but Shelly shot that one in the ass.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> brooklyn1 wrote:
>> "Janet Wilder" > wrote >
>>> I have a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink. It has a spigot
>>> thing on the sink and we use that water for drinking and cooking. It is
>>> also hooked to the water line for the ice maker and water dispenser on
>>> the fridge.
>>>
>>> We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing
>>> the filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying
>>> for bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.
>>>

>> Why pray tell are you renting it. You are paying $250 a year for
>> something you can buy outright at Lowes and elsewhere for under $200. An
>> RO filter needs service only once a year to once every two years
>> depending on usage volume... the RO membrane is good for like ten years.
>> Servicving entails changing a couple of disposable cartridges, using a
>> few alcohol wipes on the fitting threads, and recharging the tank
>> pressure with a bicycle pump. In ten years you will have paid $2,500 for
>> what should cost more like $600.
>>
>> http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...everse+osmosis

> Normally I don't reply to Sheldon, but he's not correct.

What a stupid thing to admit... but you read my posts... you just don't want
folks to know that's how you learn, a lot of rfc'er do exactly the same,
have been for years and years, right after I post something they paraphrase
me even though they claim to have my posts blocked or claim not to read
them. And I'm 100% correct.

A friend of
> mine purchased his system and it costs him more than what I pay to just
> replace his 3 filters every year. Friend said he would have done better
> with Culligan.

Are you saying Lowes is lying on the prices? Anytime someone attempts to
extricate themself from an embarrassing spot with "I have a friend who"
everyone knows they're lying.

Were the system to leak it would be more likely at the connection to your
fridge, did they install a sensor tray under your fridge, I thought not.
Culligan is a rip off company, they over charge, they install inferior
products, their technicians know nothing about water treatment, and they
don't last at that job any longer than door to door vacuum cleaner sales
people... in fact they know more about selling vacuums.

You're just a sucker... may as well have "SUCKER" tattooed on your forehead.
You're just ****ed that I exposed you... no one with an IQ rents an RO
filter. Hey, psst... I got this here bridge for sale.

Anyway you don't have an RO filter, you only mentioned it after I did, and
no one else mentioned an RO filter... the thread was ongoing so if you had
an RO you certainly would have said so previously. Janet, your story has
more holes than a colander... LIAR!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:19:37 +0900, "phil..c" >
wrote:

>Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
>water at home/office/work.
>
>And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>
>For discussion

I don't filter water.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"boulanger" > wrote in message

> "Hoges in WA" > wrote in message
>>
>> "phil..c" > wrote in message
>>> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
>>> water at home/office/work.
>>>
>>> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>>>
>>> For discussion

>> We live in the bush so we have rainwater tanks for everything but if I
>> had to consume the stuff they have in town I'd be filtering it for sure.
>> Or replacing it with wine or something. It's gross.
>>
>> Hoges in WA

> You obviously haven't tasted Adelaide's water then. Perth's is distilled
> by comparison!

I think when I was in Glenelg two years ago there was a sign in the holiday
unit we rented not to drink the water.
Of course, in the State of Coopers, who's drinking water anyway?
Hoges in WA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TFBoy" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

>>> I have a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink. It has a spigot
>>> thing on the sink and we use that water for drinking and cooking. It is
>>> also hooked to the water line for the ice maker and water dispenser on
>>> the fridge.
>>>
>>> We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing
>>> the filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying
>>> for bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Janet Wilder
>>> way-the-heck-south Texas
>>> spelling doesn't count
>>> but cooking does

>> One of the best tasting tap waters is in Texarkana.

> I remember water tasting great when I was growing up in Utah. It was also
> pretty good in Tennessee. Maui water was quite good from the tap.
> A lot of people say New York pizza is superior because of their wonderful
> water, but Shelly shot that one in the ass.
>
> TFBoy

I don't live in NYC. Had you become a man and held a man's job and took
proper care of your wife in a timely *MANLY* fashion she'd still be alive...
but you sure _shot that one in the ass_. Your crocodial blubbering is just
a distraction you hide your guilt behind. PARASITE BOY is still sucking
off his momma's tit... don't you know that a man is supposed to take of his
momma, not her taking care of you or you're still a BOY... where will you
live after you suck her dry and she's gone too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
> brooklyn1 wrote:
>> "Janet Wilder" > wrote >

>>> We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing
>>> the filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying
>>> for bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.
>>>

>> Why pray tell are you renting it. You are paying $250 a year for
>> something you can buy outright at Lowes and elsewhere for under $200. An
>> RO filter needs service only once a year to once every two years
>> depending on usage volume... the RO membrane is good for like ten years.
>> Servicving entails changing a couple of disposable cartridges, using a
>> few alcohol wipes on the fitting threads, and recharging the tank
>> pressure with a bicycle pump. In ten years you will have paid $2,500 for
>> what should cost more like $600.

> You will go through that procedure but you won't change a car battery?
> O...kay!
>
> gloria p

Gloria, if you knew how to read you would know that I never said I service
my RO filter. I don't, I pay the same water treatment specialist who
services my two wells, my two water softeners, and my two UV water treatment
systems... once a year he services everything all together, he bills me $40
for servicing my RO. I could do it myself, changing cartridges is as simple
as changing refills in a ball point pen, but why should I bother, I'd have
to go to the store to buy cartridges, and Walter charges me less for them
because buying them in bulk he pays less then half price. Again, anyone who
rents a UV filter is a moron. Had Ms Wilder said she bought the filter and
pays to have it serviced I might've believed her, but to me it's obvious
she's lying... she doesn't strike me as someone so free with her money who
would pay all that money to have filtered water if she could pay ten times
less by buying her own filter. I mean would you rent a Britta and then pay
someone like $45 to come change the filter every two months.

And you're dumber than a rock about car batteries... it's a one time
occurance in SIX YEARS... I actually paid less by having someone else do it.
Nowadays only cheap *******s who drive ancient clunkers spend all their
spare time playing grease monkey.

Some folks make no sense whatsoever... like the morons who brag about saving
$200 heating with wood... anyone with half an IQ and the brawn to split wood
can earn that much in one evening as a bouncer at the local titty bar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:19:37 +0900, "phil..c" >
> wrote:
>

>> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
>> water at home/office/work.
>>
>> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>>
>> For discussion
>>

> I don't filter water.

Water is my choice of beverage and I do not filter mine. I drink tap
water almost everywhere I go, including Mexico, Argentina, Brazil. The
water never bothers me. I must have a gut made of iron. lol

Becca

Becca

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca > wrote in :

> Water is my choice of beverage and I do not filter mine. I drink tap
> water almost everywhere I go, including Mexico, Argentina, Brazil. The
> water never bothers me. I must have a gut made of iron. lol

I drink the local water wherever I am. Bali, Malaysia, Thailand, Russia,
China........ and have never been sick from it.

I also eat the local food and don't get crook.

I think it's called "having the constitution of a mongrel dog" :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 22:38:51 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> brooklyn1 wrote:
>>>>
>>> Why pray tell are you renting it. You are paying $250 a year for
>>> something you can buy outright at Lowes and elsewhere for under $200. An
>>> RO filter needs service only once a year to once every two years
>>> depending on usage volume... the RO membrane is good for like ten years.
>>> Servicving entails changing a couple of disposable cartridges, using a
>>> few alcohol wipes on the fitting threads, and recharging the tank
>>> pressure with a bicycle pump. In ten years you will have paid $2,500 for
>>> what should cost more like $600.
>>>
>>> http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...everse+osmosis

>> Normally I don't reply to Sheldon, but he's not correct.

> What a stupid thing to admit... but you read my posts... you just don't want
> folks to know that's how you learn, a lot of rfc'er do exactly the same,
> have been for years and years, right after I post something they paraphrase
> me even though they claim to have my posts blocked or claim not to read
> them. And I'm 100% correct.
>
> A friend of
>> mine purchased his system and it costs him more than what I pay to just
>> replace his 3 filters every year. Friend said he would have done better
>> with Culligan.

> Are you saying Lowes is lying on the prices? Anytime someone attempts to
> extricate themself from an embarrassing spot with "I have a friend who"
> everyone knows they're lying.

i must read too many of your posts, because i absolutely *knew* you would
accuse her of lying.

you need professional help with your projection issues, sheldon old buddy.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 20, 2:19*am, "phil..c" > wrote:
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so *how many *use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

=======================
I'm spoiled. I grew up (Bismarck) with distilled water (distiller in
the kitchen). Used for all water for beverages and cooking. Fargo
water is reverse osmosis and is wonderful. It tests purer than the
federal standards for bottled water.
Lynn in Fargo
Waiting for the Flood (NOT potable water!)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

=======================
I'm spoiled. I grew up (Bismarck) with distilled water (distiller in
the kitchen). Used for all water for beverages and cooking. Fargo
water is reverse osmosis and is wonderful. It tests purer than the
federal standards for bottled water.
Lynn in Fargo

Yes, significantly purer than bottled water, and RO water costs about 5¢ a
gallon. Bottled water is essentially ordinary tap water (from someone elses
tap is all), and costs a lot more than a nickle a gallon. Bottled water
typically costs more than petrol. Buying bottled water is really quite
inane... it costs way too much, and producing those plastic jugs,
transporting them, and their disposal pollutes the entire planet. I can see
bottled water in places where tap water is not potable, but everytime I see
someone in the US sucking bottled water I think there goes another pointy
headed imbecile whose college tuition was totally wasted.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 20, 9:11Â*pm, "Hoges in WA" > wrote:
> "phil..c" > wrote in message

> > Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> > water at home/office/work.

> > And if so Â*how many Â*use it in cooking ?

> > For discussion

> We live in the bush so we have rainwater tanks for everything but if I had
> to consume the stuff they have in town I'd be filtering it for sure.
> Or replacing it with wine or something. Â*It's gross.
>
> Hoges in WA

While down in Perth after a trip away on tasks Perth water seems to
have become rather lousy
However the water in Singapore appears to have improved no end

Rain tanks were empty for a while and nice to have then near full
again
Scheme water in the mid west is not too bad .

However we have a a number of Carbon filters in place as well as
heaps of brita jugs
when we change the filters the granulated carbon seems to give the
soil in the veggie gardens a kick along also .

Why the question was asked was that the spuds seem to taste off if
use unfiltered scheme water ?

few of the neighbours also have commented on how the veggies taste a
bit ẗainted" sort of kerosene after taste is the way I would describe
it
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 21, 10:31*am, Becca > wrote:
> sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:19:37 +0900, "phil..c" >
> > wrote:

> >> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> >> water at home/office/work.

> >> And if so *how many *use it in cooking ?

> >> For discussion

> > I don't filter water.

> Water is my choice of beverage and I do not filter mine. I drink tap
> water almost everywhere I go, including Mexico, Argentina, Brazil. *The
> water never bothers me. *I must have a gut made of iron. *lol *

I frequently eat raw beef straight out of the package, have for years,
and to my knowledge have never gotten sick from it.

> Becca

--Bryan