FoodBanter.com

-   -   What is your favorite dinner party theme/cuisine? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/169568-re-what-your-favorite.html)

Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] 14-03-2009 11:30 PM

Kris wrote:
> On Mar 13, 3:07 pm, Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>
>>Kris wrote:
>>And while there is a charming little bistro near the eastern end of the
>>grand canal, im not schlepping myself to France for a bit to eat in the
>>park of Versailles.
>>
>>Maybe we should all pool our funds and rent a Loire valley chateaux for
>>the summer?
>>
>>Get out the powdered wigs and panniers and think about it?
>>--
>>JL

> Wow! You're a pro for theme dinner parties! That San Simeon theme
> sounds intriguing.
>
> How much does a chateau cost these days??? :)
>
> Kris

*chuckle* a Scottish castle is cheaper but then we would have to dine on
haggis:)

A fully staffed French 'prestige' chateaux can run to tens of thousands
a month. $3-5,000.00 U.S. per week.

But unstaffed, less polished or historical or famous or otherwise
expensive chateaux's can be had for a couple of thousand per month U.S.
especially if you don't mind wood stoves and ..... chaise percee's:)
Some even come 'with garden produce' included in the rental.
--
JL