Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RFC Cook.Book

Below is the first page of the cookbook;

Scanned with ORS from HP.

Lighty proofed.

Dimitri

Welcome to the first rec.food.cooking Cook.Book!

What is rec.food.cooking, you might ask? Technically, it is a Usenet
newsgroup devoted to discussion of anything related to food and cooking. In
reality, it is a diverse, world-wide community of friends (and enemies and
"passers-by"!) who share daily their food likes and dislikes, their
knowledge and ignorance, their joys and sorrows, their experience and lack
thereof, their successes and failures -- and their recipes!

Dozens of people post their recipes to the newsgroup every day and many
thousands of people read them. The posts are archived and can be easily
found on the Internet. Why, then, this Cook. Book? The reasons are
threefold. We wanted to collect some of our favourite recipes in a
convenient and familiar book form. We wanted to provide ourselves with a
tangible sign of belonging to our select little circle (Hal). And we also
wanted to collect some money in order to help the victims of the 11 th
September, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York, Washington, D.C., and
Pennsylvania.

Many people contributed to this project with their opinions, advice and
suggestions. It was a group effort. Those particularly involved we

Original idea: Damsel-in-dis-Dress

Recipe collecting: Damsel-in-dis-Dress, Michael Lonergan (Dog 3) Recipe
formatting: Damsel-in-dis-Dress, Amanda Haggerty (Hag), Victor Sack

Measurement conversions: Anne Charlet, Rhonda Anderson, Ariane Jenkins,
Victor Sack

Proofreading: Jean B., Amanda Haggerty (Hag), Nancy Young, Pat Meadows,
Martha Hughes, Kim Malo, Vickie Canfield (Ladyvmh2000), Phil(NM), PJ
Newland, maxine in ri, Chris Neidecker

Cook.Book logo design (based on the one for the r.f.c. T-shirt by lain
Liddell): Kat, Jim Souter, Victor Sack

Cook.Book Web order site: Ashbury

Treasurer: Nancy Young

Shipping volunteers: Margaret Suran, Barb Schaller, Nancy Young, Steve
Greenfield (The Ranger), Jamie Utter, Jack Eddington, Cuchulain Libby, Koko,
Karen Rubarth (Greykits)

General organising and volunteer coordination: Victor Sack

The volunteers named above live in Australia, France, Germany, Okinawa, and
the United States of America. They, along with the many contributors of the
recipes here, are witness to the international participation that made the
Cook.Book dream a reality. Who said we can't get along with each other?

Three kind persons donated cash - a total of $175 - to the Cook.Book
project.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 8, 2:11*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Below is the first page of the cookbook;
>
> Scanned with ORS from HP.
>
> Lighty proofed.
>
> Dimitri
>
> Welcome to the first rec.food.cooking Cook.Book!
>
> What is rec.food.cooking, you might ask? Technically, it is a Usenet
> newsgroup devoted to discussion of anything related to food and cooking. In
> reality, it is a diverse, world-wide community of friends (and enemies and
> "passers-by"!) who share daily their food likes and dislikes, their
> knowledge and ignorance, their joys and sorrows, their experience and lack
> thereof, their successes and failures -- and their recipes!
>
> Dozens of people post their recipes to the newsgroup every day and many
> thousands of people read them. The posts are archived and can be easily
> found on the Internet. Why, then, this Cook. Book? The reasons are
> threefold. We wanted to collect some of our favourite recipes in a
> convenient and familiar book form. We wanted to provide ourselves with a
> tangible sign of belonging to our select little circle (Hal). And we also
> wanted to collect some money in order to help the victims of the 11 th
> September, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York, Washington, D.C., and
> Pennsylvania.
>
> Many people contributed to this project with their opinions, advice and
> suggestions. It was a group effort. Those particularly involved we
>
> Original idea: Damsel-in-dis-Dress
>
> Recipe collecting: Damsel-in-dis-Dress, Michael Lonergan (Dog 3) Recipe
> formatting: Damsel-in-dis-Dress, Amanda Haggerty (Hag), Victor Sack
>
> Measurement conversions: Anne Charlet, Rhonda Anderson, Ariane Jenkins,
> Victor Sack
>
> Proofreading: Jean B., Amanda Haggerty (Hag), Nancy Young, Pat Meadows,
> Martha Hughes, Kim Malo, Vickie Canfield (Ladyvmh2000), Phil(NM), PJ
> Newland, maxine in ri, Chris Neidecker
>
> Cook.Book logo design (based on the one for the r.f.c. T-shirt by lain
> Liddell): Kat, Jim Souter, Victor Sack
>
> Cook.Book Web order site: Ashbury
>
> Treasurer: Nancy Young
>
> Shipping volunteers: Margaret Suran, Barb Schaller, Nancy Young, Steve
> Greenfield (The Ranger), Jamie Utter, Jack Eddington, Cuchulain Libby, Koko,
> Karen Rubarth (Greykits)
>
> General organising and volunteer coordination: Victor Sack
>
> The volunteers named above live in Australia, France, Germany, Okinawa, and
> the United States of America. They, along with the many contributors of the
> recipes here, are witness to the international participation that made the
> Cook.Book dream a reality. Who said we can't get along with each other?
>
> Three kind persons donated cash - a total of $175 - to the Cook.Book
> project.

The main problem arises with the two column recipe format on later
pages. It doesn't translate well to ascii for USENET posting. That's
where the cleanup come in.

Rusty
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 14:43:13 -0700 (PDT), Rusty
> wrote:

> It doesn't translate well to ascii for USENET posting.

As to the fact that VHS tapes are quite a bit last centry. Maybe it
might be time to get with the times!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty" > wrote in message
On Mar 8, 2:11 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> [...]
> Greenfield (The Ranger), Jamie Utter, Jack Eddington, Cuchulain Libby,
> Koko,
> Karen Rubarth (Greykits)
>
> General organising and volunteer coordination: Victor Sack
>
> The volunteers named above live in Australia, France, Germany, Okinawa,
> and
> the United States of America. They, along with the many contributors of
> the
> recipes here, are witness to the international participation that made the
> Cook.Book dream a reality. Who said we can't get along with each other?
>
> Three kind persons donated cash - a total of $175 - to the Cook.Book
> project.

The main problem arises with the two column recipe format on later
pages. It doesn't translate well to ascii for USENET posting. That's

Not a problem, since it wasn't meant for usenet posting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hairy" > wrote in message

> "Rusty" > wrote in message
> On Mar 8, 2:11 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>> Below is the first page of the cookbook;
>>
>> Scanned with ORS from HP.
>>
>> Lighty proofed.
>>
>> Dimitri
>>

> (snippage)

> The main problem arises with the two column recipe format on later
> pages. It doesn't translate well to ascii for USENET posting. That's
> where the cleanup come in.
>
> Rusty
>
> Not a problem, since it wasn't meant for usenet posting.

LOL How true! It's a cookbook, after all

Jill

Cook Book EJP907 General Cooking 2 21-06-2007 08:15 PM
Cook Book Matt Hanson Abbott General Cooking 0 17-02-2007 01:08 PM
The best COOK BOOK [email protected] General Cooking 0 04-02-2007 03:22 AM
Theatre Recipe Book vintage cook book FA Sarah Mc. General Cooking 0 05-11-2004 01:20 AM
new cook book Robert Wagner Cooking Equipment 2 11-10-2003 06:55 AM