Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Keeping foods warm

Someone in another NG asked how to keep muffins or rolls warm while
transporting them to another location (pot luck, etc.)

My suggestion:

While the muffins are baking, heat a ceramic tile (Home Depot, Lowe's or
your local tile store, very cheap.) Or you could use a brick.

Place the muffins in a basket or serving dish, wrap with a clean
dishtowel to absorb moisture (so they won't get soggy.) Place in an
insulated picnic cooler with one or more heated tiles, wrapped in
newspaper so they won't melt the interior of the cooler where they
touch.

The tiles can also be used under a casserole dish on top of a trivet to
keep the dish warm at the table.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Gloria P > wrote:

> Someone in another NG asked how to keep muffins or rolls warm while
> transporting them to another location (pot luck, etc.)
>
> My suggestion:
>
> While the muffins are baking, heat a ceramic tile (Home Depot, Lowe's or
> your local tile store, very cheap.) Or you could use a brick.
>
> Place the muffins in a basket or serving dish, wrap with a clean
> dishtowel to absorb moisture (so they won't get soggy.) Place in an
> insulated picnic cooler with one or more heated tiles, wrapped in
> newspaper so they won't melt the interior of the cooler where they
> touch.
>
> The tiles can also be used under a casserole dish on top of a trivet to
> keep the dish warm at the table.
>
> gloria p

Hot idea. <g>
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-F9E1E7.22140407032009
@news-wc.giganews.com:

> In article >,
> Gloria P > wrote:
>
>> Someone in another NG asked how to keep muffins or rolls warm while
>> transporting them to another location (pot luck, etc.)
>>
>> My suggestion:
>>
>> While the muffins are baking, heat a ceramic tile (Home Depot, Lowe's

or
>> your local tile store, very cheap.) Or you could use a brick.
>>
>> Place the muffins in a basket or serving dish, wrap with a clean
>> dishtowel to absorb moisture (so they won't get soggy.) Place in an
>> insulated picnic cooler with one or more heated tiles, wrapped in
>> newspaper so they won't melt the interior of the cooler where they
>> touch.
>>
>> The tiles can also be used under a casserole dish on top of a trivet to
>> keep the dish warm at the table.
>>
>> gloria p

> Hot idea. <g>

I'm warming to using it next time :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html