TOM KAN PA

Default Bread vs. Toast - Nutrition question

On the bread wrapper, it lists the Nutrition Facts for two slices of bread. If
these two slices of bread are toasted, would any of these values change???

PENMART01

c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

>>On the bread wrapper, it lists the Nutrition Facts for two slices of bread.

>If
>>these two slices of bread are toasted, would any of these values change???
>>

>Given the browning reactions that are necessary to make toast I can't
>help but think it would reduce the nutritional contents, at least
>somewhwat.

Toasting, regardless to what degree, is a form of burning (oxidizing)...
burning calories can take place outside the body or inside. Besides the
decrease in calories, heat also destroys some vitamins and causes evaporation
of water. Any food that is incinerated by whatever slight degree will have
also lost some portion of its nutritional value... in fact any cooking
whatsoever will always diminish a food's nutritional content.... only humans
can afford to be so extravagant that they waste food through cooking.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Arri London

TOM KAN PA wrote:

> On the bread wrapper, it lists the Nutrition Facts for two slices of bread. If
> these two slices of bread are toasted, would any of these values change???

Not really. The water content will change of course, but the amount of
fats etc wouldn't.

PENMART01

>TOM KAN PA wrote:
>>
>> On the bread wrapper, it lists the Nutrition Facts for two slices of bread.

>If
>> these two slices of bread are toasted, would any of these values change???

>Not really. The water content will change of course, but the amount of
>fats etc wouldn't.

Wrong.