Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What can a horn-rat not eat?

Hello All!

It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just
eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
but not to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or
the Vinca minor (Periwinkle) yet.

"Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" or something!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
> crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just eaten
> my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous but not
> to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or the Vinca
> minor (Periwinkle) yet.
>
> "Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" or something!
>
> --

Shoulda put food out for them, James.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote on Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:54:57 -0500:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> message ...
>> Hello All!
>>
>> It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life.
>> The acorn crop for the tree-rats was small around here and
>> the deer have just eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground.
>> I'd thought ivy was poisonous but not to horn-rats it seems. They
>> haven't touched the Pachysandra or the Vinca minor
>> (Periwinkle) yet.
>>
>> "Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" or
>> something!

>Shoulda put food out for them, James.

I expect the ivy will grow back and I can do without either type of rat.
My neighborhood is insufficiently rural to allow hunting and I suppose I
will see the deer again once the daffodils start to grow.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
> crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just eaten
> my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous but not
> to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or the Vinca
> minor (Periwinkle) yet.
>
> "Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" or something!

Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"James Silverton" > wrote:

> crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just
> eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
> but not to horn-rats it seems.

We have a lot of poison oak around here (west coast of the US). It
makes some people pretty miserable if they touch it, or just inhale
smoke from a burn. The deer eat it!

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 19:26:04 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

>the deer have just
>eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground.

I'll take one of those automatic pruners! It's a weed in my yard. I
absolutely HATE ivy and can't get rid of it fast enough.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote on Sun, 01 Mar 2009 13:47:39 -0800:

>> the deer have just
>> eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground.

> I'll take one of those automatic pruners! It's a weed in my
> yard. I absolutely HATE ivy and can't get rid of it fast
> enough.

It's under control in my yard but I have a neighbor who feels like you
and leads lynch parties onto the ivy in the common areas without much
permanent effect that I can see!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote
> I expect the ivy will grow back and I can do without either type of rat.
> My neighborhood is insufficiently rural to allow hunting and I suppose I
> will see the deer again once the daffodils start to grow.

And then if you are smart you will put out stuff they like to eat more than
daffidils.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote on Sun, 1 Mar 2009 17:33:32 -0500:

> "James Silverton" > wrote
>> I expect the ivy will grow back and I can do without either
>> type of rat. My neighborhood is insufficiently rural to allow
>> hunting and I suppose I will see the deer again once the
>> daffodils start to grow.
>>

> And then if you are smart you will put out stuff they like to eat more
> than daffidils.

This is getting into a "having the last word" situation but deer don't
like anything better than flowers, the more expensive the better :-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
> crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just
> eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
> but not to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or
> the Vinca minor (Periwinkle) yet.
>
> "Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" or something!

If you have critters that eat Periwinkle and English Ivy please trap a
couple and send them to me. I can't get rid of the stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton > wrote:

> ...and the deer have just
> eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
> but not to horn-rats it seems.

You just said the deer ate your ivy, not horn rats.

WTF is a horn rat, anyway?

It's posts like these that really make me wonder if you're actually
of sound mind and body, Jim. I think you're psycho.

ObFood: Linguine with clam and blue crab sauce.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> James Silverton > wrote:
>
>> ...and the deer have just
>> eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
>> but not to horn-rats it seems.

> You just said the deer ate your ivy, not horn rats.
>
> WTF is a horn rat, anyway?
>
> It's posts like these that really make me wonder if you're actually
> of sound mind and body, Jim. I think you're psycho.

I'll consider this strong evidence in favor of James' glowing mental health.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> James Silverton > wrote:
>>
>>> ...and the deer have just
>>> eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
>>> but not to horn-rats it seems.

>> You just said the deer ate your ivy, not horn rats.
>>
>> WTF is a horn rat, anyway?
>>
>> It's posts like these that really make me wonder if you're actually
>> of sound mind and body, Jim. I think you're psycho.

> I'll consider this strong evidence in favor of James' glowing mental health.

So you don't know what a horn rat is either? Got it.

Depending on where you look, its a series of books, a video game, a
kind of car, but nowhere can I find any mention of "horned" or
"horn" rat or deer outside of Jim's imagination.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:10:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>James Silverton > wrote:
>
>> ...and the deer have just
>> eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
>> but not to horn-rats it seems.

>You just said the deer ate your ivy, not horn rats.
>
>WTF is a horn rat, anyway?

horn-rat = deer
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:34:43 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>So you don't know what a horn rat is either? Got it.
>
>Depending on where you look, its a series of books, a video game, a
>kind of car, but nowhere can I find any mention of "horned" or
>"horn" rat or deer outside of Jim's imagination.

*giggle*

The deer have horns. They are eating stuff Jim doesn't want them to
eat. Horn-rats.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:10:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>James Silverton > wrote:
>>
>>> ...and the deer have just
>>> eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
>>> but not to horn-rats it seems.

>>You just said the deer ate your ivy, not horn rats.
>>
>>WTF is a horn rat, anyway?

> horn-rat = deer

Yeah - I thought that might be what was referring to. But there's
not one mention of it on google. Not to mention deer have antlers;
unicorns and rhinos have horns.

Sheesh. Has anybody heard that term before? It makes no sense as
there's nothing in common between deer and rats, horns and antlers
included.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 21:07:37 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:10:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>You just said the deer ate your ivy, not horn rats.
>>>
>>>WTF is a horn rat, anyway?

>> horn-rat = deer

>Yeah - I thought that might be what was referring to. But there's
>not one mention of it on google. Not to mention deer have antlers;
>unicorns and rhinos have horns.
>
>Sheesh. Has anybody heard that term before? It makes no sense as
>there's nothing in common between deer and rats, horns and antlers
>included.

You've never made up your own term for something, Steve?

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:28:50 GMT, Cheryl wrote:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> Hello All!
>>
>> It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
>> crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just eaten
>> my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous but not
>> to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or the Vinca
>> minor (Periwinkle) yet.
>>
>> "Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" or something!
>>

> Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. lol

yes, but down in de meddy in an iddy biddy poo
fwam two liddle fiddies an a mama fiddy too!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 21:07:37 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:10:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>You just said the deer ate your ivy, not horn rats.
>>>
>>>WTF is a horn rat, anyway?

>> horn-rat = deer

> Yeah - I thought that might be what was referring to. But there's
> not one mention of it on google. Not to mention deer have antlers;
> unicorns and rhinos have horns.
>
> Sheesh. Has anybody heard that term before? It makes no sense as
> there's nothing in common between deer and rats, horns and antlers
> included.
>
> -sw

it means james is a breaking new ground here.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:28:50 GMT, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
>>> Hello All!
>>>
>>> It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
>>> crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just
>>> eaten
>>> my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous but
>>> not
>>> to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or the Vinca
>>> minor (Periwinkle) yet.
>>>
>>> "Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" or something!
>>>

>> Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. lol

> yes, but down in de meddy in an iddy biddy poo
> fwam two liddle fiddies an a mama fiddy too!

You are just so hot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:54:57 -0500, cybercat wrote:

> Shoulda put food out for them, James.

I can't speak to MD, but in VA it's not only a very bad idea, but
illegal -- see

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlif...p#feeding-deer

One reason it's a bad idea, even if legal, is that there are deer
diseases which spread much more easily when the deer are crowded together
(whether by deep snow in the North or by feeding in the South). They're
beautiful to look at, but the way to do it is to go where they are, not
attract them into places with diseases -- and car traffic.

--
Beartooth Implacable, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Convert
What do they know of country, who only country know?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Beartooth" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:54:57 -0500, cybercat wrote:
>
>> Shoulda put food out for them, James.

> I can't speak to MD, but in VA it's not only a very bad idea, but
> illegal -- see
>
> http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlif...p#feeding-deer
>
> One reason it's a bad idea, even if legal, is that there are deer
> diseases which spread much more easily when the deer are crowded together
> (whether by deep snow in the North or by feeding in the South). They're
> beautiful to look at, but the way to do it is to go where they are, not
> attract them into places with diseases -- and car traffic.

I think it's common practice to grow something that deer (and rabbits for
that matter) like more than the ornamentals so as long as they have the
other option, they'll hopefully leave the plants you like alone. Not
guaranteed, but better odds in your favor. As for attracting them to our
yards and highways, that's our fault. We are taking their habitat and they
are just trying to find food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote on Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:11:11 -0500:

>I think it's common practice to grow something that deer (and rabbits

for
>that matter) like more than the ornamentals so as long as they have the
>other option, they'll hopefully leave the plants you like alone. Not
>guaranteed, but better odds in your favor. As for attracting them to
>our yards and highways, that's our fault. We are taking their habitat
>and they are just trying to find food.

Understanding them and living with them are two different things. I
think deer are beautiful and stupid (though they seem to know that vinca
will make them sick) and have lost their habitat but it's me first! In
summer, when they are not starving, there seem to be a few things that
can discourage them eating plants like hanging up a bar of "Irish
Spring" soap in a net. That actually seems to work!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
> crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just eaten
> my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous but not
> to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or the Vinca
> minor (Periwinkle) yet.

When I lived up north a few years ago, I would put out 50# bags of horse
feed when the winters got too rough. The wildlife appreciated it as did my
ornamentals.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 1, 5:37*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *cybercat *wrote *on Sun, 1 Mar 2009 17:33:32 -0500:
>
> > "James Silverton" > wrote
> >> I expect the ivy will grow back and I can do without either
> >> type of rat. My neighborhood is insufficiently rural to allow
> >> hunting and I suppose I will see the deer again once the
> >> daffodils start to grow.

> > And then if you are smart you will put out stuff they like to eat more
> > than daffidils.

> This is getting into a "having the last word" situation but deer don't
> like anything better than flowers, the more expensive the better :-)

Invest in Irish spring soap, and order some predator scent to apply to
your flower beds. The soap has the added advantage of being somewhat
alkaline, which the plants don't mind in the least.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 1, 1:26�pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
> crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just
> eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
> but not to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or
> the Vinca minor (Periwinkle) yet.
>
> "Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" �or something!
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations:
> not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

WEEELLLLLL, mine have begun munching on my roses, and they are only
beignning to bloom. I heard they did NOT like daffiidols, that is NOT
true, also IRIS , mine are chewed down to little nubs. In fairness,it
is a drought, things are bad here. But I have not found anything they
will not eat. I have some bird feeders on my driveway near the house,
fillwith sunflower seed,tehe other day I looked out ..... there was a
big buck , calmly munching sun flower seeds.

Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 1, 9:34*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> cybercat > wrote:

> >> You just said the deer ate your ivy, not horn rats.

> >> WTF is a horn rat, anyway?

> >> It's posts like these that really make me wonder if you're actually
> >> of sound mind and body, Jim. *I think you're psycho.

> > I'll consider this strong evidence in favor of James' glowing mental health.

> So you don't know what a horn rat is either? *Got it.
>
> Depending on where you look, its a series of books, a video game, a
> kind of car, but nowhere can I find any mention of "horned" or
> "horn" rat or deer outside of Jim's imagination.
>
> -sw

Steve, there are sky rats (pigeons), tree rats (squirrels), and now
horn(ed) rats, aka deer which will depradate the landscape of most
suburbs given a winter of little natural foods. Seemed pretty obvious
to me, but then, I've seen what deer can do.

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 2, 5:02*pm, rosie > wrote:
> On Mar 1, 1:26 pm, "James Silverton" >
> wrote:
>

> > Hello All!

> > It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
> > crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just
> > eaten my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous
> > but not to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or
> > the Vinca minor (Periwinkle) yet.

> > "Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" or something!

> > --

> > James Silverton
> > Potomac, Maryland

> > Email, with obvious alterations:
> > not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

> WEEELLLLLL, mine have begun munching on my roses, and they are only
> beignning to bloom. I heard they did NOT like daffiidols, that is NOT
> true, also IRIS , mine are chewed down to little nubs. In fairness,it
> is a drought, things are bad here. But I have not found anything they
> will not eat. I have *some bird feeders on my driveway near the house,
> fillwith sunflower seed,tehe other day I looked out ..... there was a
> big buck , calmly munching sun flower seeds.
>
> Rosie

It's tree-rats that don't pester the daffodils.

maxine in ri who's had more tulips, hyacinths and sunflowers dug up
and has gone over to the daffodil family
Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine wrote on Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:02:56 -0800 (PST):

> On Mar 1, 9:34 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> cybercat > wrote:

> >> I'll consider this strong evidence in favor of James'
> >> glowing mental health.

>> So you don't know what a horn rat is either? Got it.
>>
>> Depending on where you look, its a series of books, a video
>> game, a kind of car, but nowhere can I find any mention of
>> "horned" or "horn" rat or deer outside of Jim's imagination.
>>
>> -sw

> Steve, there are sky rats (pigeons), tree rats (squirrels),
> and now horn(ed) rats, aka deer which will depradate the
> landscape of most suburbs given a winter of little natural
> foods. Seemed pretty obvious to me, but then, I've seen what
> deer can do.

Just in passing, given that I have blocked all but a selected list of
gmail sources as well as some specific posters, I rely on quotations to
see if there are any interesting posters that I should add to my
allowed list or unblock. The quotations that I see from some blocked
people often confirm my earlier decisions.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine wrote:
>> -sw

> Steve, there are sky rats (pigeons), tree rats (squirrels), and now
> horn(ed) rats, aka deer which will depradate the landscape of most
> suburbs given a winter of little natural foods. Seemed pretty obvious
> to me, but then, I've seen what deer can do.

But deer don't have horns. They have antlers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> maxine wrote:
>>> -sw

>> Steve, there are sky rats (pigeons), tree rats (squirrels), and now
>> horn(ed) rats, aka deer which will depradate the landscape of most
>> suburbs given a winter of little natural foods. Seemed pretty obvious
>> to me, but then, I've seen what deer can do.
>>

> But deer don't have horns. They have antlers.

You people need to get out more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> maxine wrote:
>>> -sw

>> Steve, there are sky rats (pigeons), tree rats (squirrels), and now
>> horn(ed) rats, aka deer which will depradate the landscape of most
>> suburbs given a winter of little natural foods. Seemed pretty obvious
>> to me, but then, I've seen what deer can do.
>>

> But deer don't have horns. They have antlers.

Semantics.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Beartooth > wrote in
news
> On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:54:57 -0500, cybercat wrote:
>
>> Shoulda put food out for them, James.

> I can't speak to MD, but in VA it's not only a very bad idea, but
> illegal -- see
>
> http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlif...p#feeding-deer
>
> One reason it's a bad idea, even if legal, is that there are deer
> diseases which spread much more easily when the deer are crowded
> together (whether by deep snow in the North or by feeding in the
> South). They're beautiful to look at, but the way to do it is to go
> where they are, not attract them into places with diseases -- and car
> traffic.

lee valley a woodworking gardening store/webpage has a sprinkler with a
motion detector built in; so it aims and fires a stream of water to deter
garden pests such as deer,rabbits etc...

Just 1 option

there are places you can buy coyote <SP> urine, when applied around the
outer edges of your garden would deter deer.

another option

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 00:51:29 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>there are places you can buy coyote <SP> urine

You done good. That's spelled exactly right!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 2, 5:56*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> maxine wrote:
> >> -sw

> > Steve, there are sky rats (pigeons), tree rats (squirrels), and now
> > horn(ed) rats, aka deer which will depradate the landscape of most
> > suburbs given a winter of little natural foods. *Seemed pretty obvious
> > to me, but then, I've seen what deer can do.

> But deer don't have horns. They have antlers.

Picky, picky, picky<grin> You're right, but I was pretty sure he
didn't have (hippopotumuses/) (hippopottomi?) hippos in MD, and goats,
a more likely type of horn rats are not usually allowed in suburban
areas..... After working on the cooperative extension's gardening
hotline, something that comes in and eats all the landscaping
vegetation and only has 4 legs, well, that's deer. I might have
called them wood-pigs, since they do eat everything, but that would
have been a boar.

nattering on
maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:46:25 -0800 (PST), maxine >
wrote:

>> > Steve, there are sky rats (pigeons), tree rats (squirrels), and now
>> > horn(ed) rats, aka deer which will depradate the landscape of most
>> > suburbs given a winter of little natural foods. *Seemed pretty obvious
>> > to me, but then, I've seen what deer can do.

>> But deer don't have horns. They have antlers.

>Picky, picky, picky<grin> You're right, but I was pretty sure he
>didn't have (hippopotumuses/) (hippopottomi?) hippos in MD, and goats,
>a more likely type of horn rats are not usually allowed in suburban
>areas..... After working on the cooperative extension's gardening
>hotline, something that comes in and eats all the landscaping
>vegetation and only has 4 legs, well, that's deer. I might have
>called them wood-pigs, since they do eat everything, but that would
>have been a boar.

GROAN!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.pestproducts.com/coyote_urine.htm

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> It seems to have been a tough time this winter for wild life. The acorn
> crop for the tree-rats was small around here and the deer have just eaten
> my English ivy nearly to the ground. I'd thought ivy was poisonous but not
> to horn-rats it seems. They haven't touched the Pachysandra or the Vinca
> minor (Periwinkle) yet.
>
> "Mairsy dotes and dosy dotes and little lambsy divy" or something!
>
> --
>

> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations:
> not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:23:13 -0500, cybercat wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message

>>> Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. lol

>> yes, but down in de meddy in an iddy biddy poo
>> fwam two liddle fiddies an a mama fiddy too!
>>

> You are just so hot.

you're very kind to say so.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 17:56:07 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

> maxine wrote:
>>> -sw

>> Steve, there are sky rats (pigeons), tree rats (squirrels), and now
>> horn(ed) rats, aka deer which will depradate the landscape of most
>> suburbs given a winter of little natural foods. Seemed pretty obvious
>> to me, but then, I've seen what deer can do.
>>

> But deer don't have horns. They have antlers.

the deer that drive cars do.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

>> But deer don't have horns. They have antlers.

> the deer that drive cars do.

That's just to get your attention so you can see them give you the finger.

:-)