Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default dessert with pasta and red clam sauce?

I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
bring dessert if I wanted to. What would you suggest? Nothing cakey
or doughy, please, or too sweet. Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
> bring dessert if I wanted to. What would you suggest? Nothing cakey
> or doughy, please, or too sweet. Thanks.

Sorbet & berries.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:

>I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
>bring dessert if I wanted to. What would you suggest? Nothing cakey
>or doughy, please, or too sweet. Thanks.

Gelato springs to mind.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 28, 7:41*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
> > bring dessert if I wanted to. *What would you suggest? *Nothing cakey
> > or doughy, please, *or too sweet. Thanks.

> Sorbet & berries.
>
> Dimitri

Perfecto. Grazie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
> bring dessert if I wanted to. What would you suggest? Nothing cakey
> or doughy, please, or too sweet. Thanks.

I would take biscotti with anise, I think.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
> bring dessert if I wanted to. What would you suggest? Nothing cakey
> or doughy, please, or too sweet. Thanks.

Dessert is typically something sweet, you need to define "too" sweet. I
would bring spumoni. You could bring a cantaloupe. Of course it would
depend on this pasta with red clam sauce if I should even partake. I don't
much care for red clam sauce, and most folks just buy canned, which is
blech... and then to add insult to injury they serve it a la TIAD style,
with cheese. yik/gack

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> ha scritto nel messaggio
> I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
> bring dessert if I wanted to. What would you suggest? Nothing cakey
> or doughy, please, or too sweet. Thanks.

Not too sweet? Meringue lemon pie, ofcourse. It's my preferred dessert, now
that I have tasted it!!!!!

--
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 1, 5:16*am, "Pandora" > wrote:
> > ha scritto nel ...
>
> > I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
> > bring dessert if I wanted to. *What would you suggest? *Nothing cakey
> > or doughy, please, *or too sweet. Thanks.

> Not too sweet? Meringue lemon pie, ofcourse. It's my preferred dessert, now
> that I have tasted it!!!!!
>
> --
> Cheers
> Pandora

Lemon sorbet or gelato wit a drizzle of Framboise.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 28, 7:40*pm, wrote:
> I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
> bring dessert if I wanted to. *What would you suggest? *Nothing cakey
> or doughy, please, *or too sweet. Thanks.

Update- it was a white clam sauce - and Sheldon, she used fresh clams
from a local clam farm - we saw them being steamed open. Her sauce
was loaded with garlic, some minced clams, the rest were served whole
with the shells - over linguini - had lots of plain bread for sopping
up - and a good tossed salad with feta. Had I been alone, I would've
licked the plate!!
I brought strawberry sorbet (all my market had other than lemon) and
made a pureed thing with dark cherries, some cranberry sauce (scratch)
and threw in a bit of Triple Sec. It was politely received, I think.
At least, they ate it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 28, 7:40*pm, wrote:
> I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
> bring dessert if I wanted to. *What would you suggest? *Nothing cakey
> or doughy, please, *or too sweet. Thanks.

Cannoli? Very Italian, but usually not too sweet. (Is that considered
dough-y? I personally don't think so)

Kris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
On Feb 28, 7:41 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > I'm invited out for pasta and red clam sauce and was told I could
> > bring dessert if I wanted to. What would you suggest? Nothing cakey
> > or doughy, please, or too sweet. Thanks.

> Sorbet & berries.
>
> Dimitri

Perfecto. Grazie.

You're welcome.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 28, 7:40*pm, wrote:

Sorry, I've looked through all of my cookbooks, and I
can't find any sort of dessert made with pasta and
red clam sauce.

What? Oh. Never mind.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 2, 1:56*pm, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
> On Feb 28, 7:40*pm, wrote:
>
> Sorry, I've looked through all of my cookbooks, and I
> can't find any sort of dessert made with pasta and
> red clam sauce.
>
> What? *Oh. *Never mind.

Time for your new creation!! Could be a cookoff winner.