Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Protein source for breakfast other than eggs, meat, or proteinpowder

On Mar 2, 6:15*pm, Goomba > wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:00:31 -0800 (PST), amandaF >
> > wrote:

> >> I eat meat in other meals and so do not want to eat in breakfast Get
> >> it?

> > You are one rude, ungrateful bitch. *Go to a dietician. *They get PAID
> > for dealing with people like you. *(Sorry to all the dieticians who
> > may be affected if she follows through)

> > Carol

> I think she's neurotic. I imagine she's very boring as well as annoying
> in real life.

Obviously, you are speaking from your experience in life. There is
nothing boring about me for I hang out with peopel of the same level
of intelligent as mine. It is very simple. It is like asking the
question "What do you get in the hydrolysis of Sodium Chloride
(household salt)?" The answer should NOT be "Why not do hydrolysis of
Potassium Chloride?". I bet it is difficult for you to understand.

Not that you would understand any of this but here is what happenes
when water is added to NaCL (Sodium Cholride).
http://www.wou.edu/las/physci/ch412/hydrolysis.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 2, 2:25*pm, Damsel in dis Dress >
wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:00:31 -0800 (PST), amandaF >
> wrote:
>
> >I eat meat in other meals and so do not want to eat in breakfast Get
> >it?

> You are one rude, ungrateful bitch. *Go to a dietician.

An an idiot, you are assuming that going to dietician *is the only way
to find information.

> They get PAID for dealing with people like you. *(Sorry to all the
> dieticians who may be affected if she follows through)

Well, I feel more sorry for you to not be informed that some people
can figure out on their own what diet based on their liking of
particular food items would work for them but then you are typical of
airheads and so need I say more?
..

> Carol
>
> --
> Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 2, 2:57*pm, "Jinx Minx" > wrote:
> >"amandaF" > wrote in message
> >news:cab841ea-b8c0-41e6-8b93->297d4c3a8__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i ...

> >> Buckwheat is a good non-animal source of complete protein, as well as
> >> quinoa
> >> and spirulina. I'm sure you can google plenty of recipes for buckwheat
> >> pancakes. When it comes to "typical breakfast items in western culture",

> > I like western style - surrent day western style - breakfast though I
> >want to skip meat in breakfast. The only other things that in
> >nonwestern item I like for breakfast is nann but they don't come in
> >wheat and so it is out of my list.

> *>I specifically stated what I stated in my initial post for a reason,
>
> >hoping that I would not have question like why not meat, why not onon
> >wetsren, blah..blah.
> >I am hypoglycemic and in havign to eat many times, I want to reduce
> >calorie, fat, and sugar as much as possible especially if those items
> >do not have complete protein. Get it people?

> Rude, rude, RUDE!! *"WE" get it. *You're the one that doesn't. *You want
> "complete proteins" yet don't want to eat meat or other animal products.

Are you retarded? Where did I say I don't wan tto eat meat or animal
products? I said "For breakfast" implying that I do not want to eat
suasage, bacons, etc.

You just proved exactly what I was talkign about.

> *I
> gave you three ideas for non-animal proteins that are considered as close to
> complete as possible for non-animal sources. You won't eat nuts because they
> have too much fat, and grains because they have too many carbs and sugars..

As a typical idiot, you are assuming that I don't eat nuts. I eat
them as snaks when running aroun idiots, I dont want to eat the same
thing all dy wrong. Can you understand that idiot?

I am not going to waste my time with idiots like you who think they
know more about protein and aminoacids shpwing off to a Chemist with
a Master's degree in Chemistry from a university in Illinois.

> In addition to restricting yourself to foods that basically don't exist, you
> also want to restrict yourself to foods traditionally eaten during a western
> breakfast (i.e. meat, eggs, and cereals). *If you don't want to eat meat,
> eggs and cereals for breakfast than you are going to have to eat
> "non-traditional" western foods for breakfast. *Do YOU get it??!! *Do you
> think we're all out here eating some secret mystery complete protein in our
> western breakfasts? *You're not the only person out here that is
> hypoglycemic. *I suggest you get rid of all the whacked out dietary ideas
> you were raised with in your behind-the-times non-western culture regarding
> cholesterol, fat, sugar and carbs and go see a registered dietician--at a
> real clinic--or better yet, a psychiatrist. *You're a kook. *Maybe even a
> hypochondriac. *Were you even diagnosed by a real doctor or did you diagnose
> yourself? *If you're so hypoglycemic that you need to eat steadfastly every
> two hours, then you need some serious medical help for your condition.
>
> I gave you honest, good suggestions in my first post to you. *Don't you dare
> respond back to me like I'm the idiot you ungrateful wench.
>
> Jinx- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 2, 5:32*pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> "amandaF" wrote:
>
> I am hypoglycemic and in havign to eat many times, I want to reduce
> calorie, fat, and sugar as much as possible especially if those items
> do not have complete protein. Get it people?
>
> Hey, this ain't yer personal HMO... RFC ain't for catering to diseased folk.
> You have no manners... yer momma musta been some 25¢ back alley whoring
> slut, she never taught you "please" & "thank you", bitch!

I didn't ask anyone to be my perosnal caterer, idiot. I asked a
question that is framed with specific word for a specific reason. If
one cannot answer that question, stay out is all I ask. Instead, some
people give idiotic answers, even going tot he extent assuming that I
don't eat meat. Hilarious. No ownder there is a big shoratge of
studnets in Science in American Universities. The majority just cannot
process information in a logiocal manner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:32:13 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

>>>Is it correct in "U.K. English" to refer to a university with, not
>>>only a personal pronoun, but a plural personal pronoun? I don't think
>>>so ...

>> It is most definitely correct in UK English to use the plural
>> pronoun in situations where an American would use the singular.
>> So whereas an American might say "Dire Straits is performing
>> at RFK Stadium" a Brit would say "Dire Straits are performing
>> at Wembley".
>>
>> I'm a little less certain about the personal vs. impersonal
>> pronoun choices. But it seems to me if you are using the
>> plural, that almost implies you'd choose the personal pronoun --
>> if the sentence required one.
>>
>> Steve

> Apparently, US English doesn't like rules. To say "Dire Straits
> are..." is odd, because they are a group and the name is a proper
> name, so it seems natural to say, "Dire Straits is performing." On
> the other hand, we say "The Beatles are...." instead of "The Beatles
> is. Hmmm.
>
> N.

english is an unruly beast, no matter where it is spoken. (thank god for
that, it makes it more fun.)

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:39:19 +1300, bob wrote:

> Then again, this is Usenet and correct English usage is hardly a
> priority, let alone mandatory. I was just being picky ;-)b

oh, good. i was told the test would be multiple choice in any case.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:52:35 -0800 (PST), amandaF wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2:32*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> "amandaF" > wrote in message

>>>I have been eatign 2 eggs per breakfast usign Egg'sLand best but I am
>>> concern about the cholesterol. *I am not going to eat breakfast
>>> suasage, etc. nor protein powder.

>>> *Any other item that would give me complete protein? *Please don't
>>> say fis. I am talking about typical breakfast item in western
>>> culture.

>> Peanut butter on toasted bread makes for a tasty quick breakfast and
>> peanuts are very high in protein.

> Peanuts are also high in fact and so I can't eat it on regular basis.

i can see why a diet high in facts would not agree with you.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 01:32:47 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "amandaF" wrote:
> I am hypoglycemic and in havign to eat many times, I want to reduce
> calorie, fat, and sugar as much as possible especially if those items
> do not have complete protein. Get it people?
>
> Hey, this ain't yer personal HMO... RFC ain't for catering to diseased folk.
> You have no manners... yer momma musta been some 25¢ back alley whoring
> slut, she never taught you "please" & "thank you", bitch!

sheldon, your chastising others for poor manners is pretty ****ing rich.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>amandaF wrote:
>> On Mar 2, 6:15 pm, Goomba > wrote:

>> I think she's neurotic. I imagine she's very boring as well as
>> annoying in real life.

> Obviously, you are speaking from your experience in life. There is
> nothing boring about me for I hang out with peopel of the same level
> of intelligent as mine.

Need she say more?

LMAO,
Jinx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:44:46 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:32:13 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:
>

>> Apparently, US English doesn't like rules. To say "Dire Straits
>> are..." is odd, because they are a group and the name is a proper
>> name, so it seems natural to say, "Dire Straits is performing." On
>> the other hand, we say "The Beatles are...." instead of "The Beatles
>> is. Hmmm.
>>
>> N.

>english is an unruly beast, no matter where it is spoken. (thank god for
>that, it makes it more fun.)

The Beatles were personal, every member had a personality. Literally
everyone could not only name all the Beatles, they were individuals
who made a group rather than a group made up of individuals.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx Minx" > wrote in message
> >amandaF wrote:
>>> On Mar 2, 6:15 pm, Goomba > wrote:

>>> I think she's neurotic. I imagine she's very boring as well as
>>> annoying in real life.

>> Obviously, you are speaking from your experience in life. There is
>> nothing boring about me for I hang out with peopel of the same level
>> of intelligent as mine.

> Need she say more?

Really. She has so much intelligent. I cna tellllj by the wai y she psot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 01:32:47 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> "amandaF" wrote:
>> I am hypoglycemic and in havign to eat many times, I want to reduce
>> calorie, fat, and sugar as much as possible especially if those items
>> do not have complete protein. Get it people?
>>
>> Hey, this ain't yer personal HMO... RFC ain't for catering to diseased
>> folk.
>> You have no manners... yer momma musta been some 25¢ back alley whoring
>> slut, she never taught you "please" & "thank you", bitch!

> sheldon, your chastising others for poor manners is pretty ****ing rich.

You have a point there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2:57 pm, "Jinx Minx" > wrote:
>>> "amandaF" > wrote in message
>>> news:cab841ea-b8c0-41e6-8b93->297d4c3a8__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i ...

>>> I like western style - surrent day western style - breakfast though
>>> I want to skip meat in breakfast. The only other things that in
>>> nonwestern item I like for breakfast is nann but they don't come in
>>> wheat and so it is out of my list.

>>> I specifically stated what I stated in my initial post for a reason,

>>> hoping that I would not have question like why not meat, why not
>>> onon wetsren, blah..blah.
>>> I am hypoglycemic and in havign to eat many times, I want to reduce
>>> calorie, fat, and sugar as much as possible especially if those
>>> items do not have complete protein. Get it people?

>> Rude, rude, RUDE!! "WE" get it. You're the one that doesn't. You want
>> "complete proteins" yet don't want to eat meat or other animal
>> products.

> Are you retarded? Where did I say I don't wan tto eat meat or animal
> products? I said "For breakfast" implying that I do not want to eat
> suasage, bacons, etc.

Were you dropped on your head when you were born? Just because I didn't add
the clarifier "for breakfast" onto my sentence doesn't mean it wasn't
implied. Learn better English. So meat for breakfast is okay, but no fish
or fatty pork. Ok, how about chicken or beef? Bake yourself a damn chicken
chicken breast cutlet. Oh, wait. That's not a "typical western breakfast"
item.

> You just proved exactly what I was talkign about.

No, you only proved it about yourself.

>> gave you three ideas for non-animal proteins that are considered as
>> close to complete as possible for non-animal sources. You won't eat
>> nuts because they have too much fat, and grains because they have
>> too many carbs and sugars.

> As a typical idiot, you are assuming that I don't eat nuts. I eat
> them as snaks when running aroun idiots, I dont want to eat the same
> thing all dy wrong. Can you understand that idiot?

You have absolutely no room to be calling anyone here an idiot, least of all
me. I didn't assume you don't eat nuts ever. I know you eat nuts. Of
course, we also all know that "you are what you eat". Can you understand
that, idiot?

> I am not going to waste my time with idiots like you who think they
> know more about protein and aminoacids shpwing off to a Chemist with
> a Master's degree in Chemistry from a university in Illinois.

If you know so damn much about protein and amino acids with your Master's
degree in chemistry, then why are you here asking us idiots for advice on
what foods have them? I never said anything about knowing more about
protein and amino acids than your educated self. You asked for examples of
alternative complete proteins you could eat for breakfast, and I gave you
examples. That's not showing off, that's trying to help.

>> In addition to restricting yourself to foods that basically don't
>> exist, you also want to restrict yourself to foods traditionally
>> eaten during a western breakfast (i.e. meat, eggs, and cereals). If
>> you don't want to eat meat, eggs and cereals for breakfast than you
>> are going to have to eat "non-traditional" western foods for
>> breakfast. Do YOU get it??!! Do you think we're all out here eating
>> some secret mystery complete protein in our western breakfasts?
>> You're not the only person out here that is hypoglycemic. I suggest
>> you get rid of all the whacked out dietary ideas you were raised
>> with in your behind-the-times non-western culture regarding
>> cholesterol, fat, sugar and carbs and go see a registered
>> dietician--at a real clinic--or better yet, a psychiatrist. You're a
>> kook. Maybe even a hypochondriac. Were you even diagnosed by a real
>> doctor or did you diagnose yourself? If you're so hypoglycemic that
>> you need to eat steadfastly every two hours, then you need some
>> serious medical help for your condition.
>>
>> I gave you honest, good suggestions in my first post to you. Don't
>> you dare respond back to me like I'm the idiot you ungrateful wench.
>>
>> Jinx- Hide quoted text -

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> >> Peanut butter on toasted bread makes for a tasty quick breakfast and
> >> peanuts are very high in protein.

> > Peanuts are also high in fact and so I can't eat it on regular basis.

> i can see why a diet high in facts would not agree with you.
>
> blake

<lol> Good catch Blake! ;-D
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 01:32:47 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>
> > "amandaF" wrote:
> > I am hypoglycemic and in havign to eat many times, I want to reduce
> > calorie, fat, and sugar as much as possible especially if those items
> > do not have complete protein. Get it people?
> >
> > Hey, this ain't yer personal HMO... RFC ain't for catering to diseased
> > folk.
> > You have no manners... yer momma musta been some 25¢ back alley whoring
> > slut, she never taught you "please" & "thank you", bitch!

> sheldon, your chastising others for poor manners is pretty ****ing rich.
>
> blake

Irony at it's best Blake. :-)
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jinx Minx" > wrote:

> >amandaF wrote:
> >> On Mar 2, 6:15 pm, Goomba > wrote:

> >> I think she's neurotic. I imagine she's very boring as well as
> >> annoying in real life.

> > Obviously, you are speaking from your experience in life. There is
> > nothing boring about me for I hang out with peopel of the same level
> > of intelligent as mine.

> Need she say more?
>
> LMAO,
> Jinx

I'm beginning to wonder if she is Jerry Sauk's sister.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:

>> I think she's neurotic. I imagine she's very boring as well as annoying
>> in real life.

> Obviously, you are speaking from your experience in life. There is
> nothing boring about me for I hang out with peopel of the same level
> of intelligent as mine. It is very simple. It is like asking the
> question "What do you get in the hydrolysis of Sodium Chloride
> (household salt)?" The answer should NOT be "Why not do hydrolysis of
> Potassium Chloride?". I bet it is difficult for you to understand.
>

> Not that you would understand any of this but here is what happenes
> when water is added to NaCL (Sodium Cholride).
> http://www.wou.edu/las/physci/ch412/hydrolysis.htm

Yup. You're neurotic to extreme and pretty boring. If you think making a
solution is difficult to understand, why are you expecting others here
to tell you what to eat? Don't you have the sense to find the answers to
lifes mysteries on your own....?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx Minx" > wrote

> You have absolutely no room to be calling anyone here an idiot, least of
> all me. I didn't assume you don't eat nuts ever. I know you eat nuts.
> Of course, we also all know that "you are what you eat". Can you
> understand that, idiot?

This silly bitch thinks chemistry is the pinnacle of brilliance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I eat a slice of ezekial toast with 1 tbs of peanut butter for a total of 11
grams protein.

"amandaF" > wrote in message
>I have been eatign 2 eggs per breakfast usign Egg'sLand best but I am
> concern about the cholesterol. I am not going to eat breakfast
> suasage, etc. nor protein powder.
>
> Any other item that would give me complete protein? Please don't
> say fis. I am talking about typical breakfast item in western
> culture.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> >> The above sentence was a little off from what I meant.
> >> "It is most definitely correct in UK English to treat as
> >> plural a subject that would be treated as singular by an
> >> American".

> That's an easy one. Dire Straits is ONE (single) rock group. So,
> "is" is appropriate. Dire Straits *is* performing. However, the
> musicians of Dire Straits *are* performing.

So, clearly, "The Beatles is performing" is correct, correct? It's nice
when things are easy.

:-)

In an effort to exceed both of you in pedantry, I looked up the word
"straits". It is both singular and plural. One may refer to the
"Strait of Gibraltar" or "Straits of Gibraltar", and both are correct.
You could also go on vacation and refer to visiting "two straits".

> >> A little googling reveals the phrase "Chelsea, who defeated" has
> >> 20 times more hits than "Chelsea, which defeated" and 200
> >> times more hits than "Chelsea, that defeated".

> Is Chelsea a place or a person?

"Chelsea" is a very attractive young woman, the girlfriend of the son of
a friend of ours. My dictionary fails to back me up on this, however.
My dictionary thinks it is the name of a couple of locations.

I'll use "Seattle" as an example. My wife and I met there while
attending four years of college. However, it was named after a person.
Thus, it can be unclear from the context as to which is meant, the city
or the person the city was named for.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

madx wrote:
> I eat a slice of ezekial toast with 1 tbs of peanut butter for a total
> of 11 grams protein.

Best breakfast ever! I think I grew up eating peanut butter toast for
breakfast more often than anything else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:
> madx wrote:
>> I eat a slice of ezekial toast with 1 tbs of peanut butter for a
>> total of 11 grams protein.

> Best breakfast ever! I think I grew up eating peanut butter toast for
> breakfast more often than anything else.

It's also a near-perfect bedtime snack, too! One of my favorites.

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> The Beatles were personal, every member had a personality. Literally
> everyone could not only name all the Beatles, they were individuals
> who made a group rather than a group made up of individuals.

You've been taking lessons from Steve Pope, haven't you? Let us know
when you get up to level 3.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"amandaF" > wrote in message
On Mar 2, 5:32 pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> "amandaF" wrote:
>
> I am hypoglycemic and in havign to eat many times, I want to reduce
> calorie, fat, and sugar as much as possible especially if those items
> do not have complete protein. Get it people?
>
> Hey, this ain't yer personal HMO... RFC ain't for catering to diseased
> folk.
> You have no manners... yer momma musta been some 25¢ back alley whoring
> slut, she never taught you "please" & "thank you", bitch!

I didn't ask anyone to be my perosnal caterer, idiot. I asked a
question that is framed with specific word for a specific reason. If
one cannot answer that question, stay out is all I ask. Instead, some
people give idiotic answers, even going tot he extent assuming that I
don't eat meat. Hilarious. No ownder there is a big shoratge of
studnets in Science in American Universities. The majority just cannot
process information in a logiocal manner.

===========================

Can you get to the studnet from the Internet or Usenet? I really need to
check that out!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx Minx" > wrote in message
> Goomba wrote:
>> madx wrote:
>>> I eat a slice of ezekial toast with 1 tbs of peanut butter for a
>>> total of 11 grams protein.

>> Best breakfast ever! I think I grew up eating peanut butter toast for
>> breakfast more often than anything else.

> It's also a near-perfect bedtime snack, too! One of my favorites.
>
> Jinx

Then I put raspberry jam on the pb toast and its like desert!

Sometimes in the morning I put crispy bacon on top for added protein - I
always use natural peanut butter with no added sugar stir it once and keep
it in refrigerator.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:41:44 +0000 (UTC), (Steve
Pope) shouted from the highest rooftop:

>sf > wrote:

>>That's an easy one. Dire Straits is ONE (single) rock group. So,
>>"is" is appropriate. Dire Straits *is* performing.

>That would be the American usage, yes.

I think you are confusing "common usage" with "correct."

"Usage" can be the lowest common denominator, like a text message or
the abandoning of spelling, commas and apostrophes by the "language
challenged" products of modern education's social engineers.

A good example of this dumbing down is: "between you and I." Only a
total ignoramus would say, "between I and you" or "give it to I, me
want it." But "between you and I" is in common use throughout the
British media (including The Times, The Guardian and the BBC).

Another example is the mispronunciation of words like vulnerable (now
"vun-rah-bul") and jewellery (now jool-ree), etc, etc. It may be
common, but it sure as hell isn't correct.

"Correct" is the standard by which the language is celebrated,
practiced and preserved, not that by which it's brought down to that
lowest common denominator..

Treating a singular, non-personal, common noun, such as a company, a
university, a group, a club or a team, etc, as if it were a plural,
personal noun is simply not correct English, regardless of its common
usage.

>>"Project" is an "it" not a they or who.

>I bet they think of themselves as a they.

Of course "they" think of "themselves" as "they."

The point is, do "they" think of themselves as the project or the
project as themselves?

I bet they don't say, "The project are going well and the team are
very proud of them." It sounds equally silly in the singular: "The
project is going well and the team is very proud of her or him (take
your pick)."

Not convinced. Then how about: "The project who are up for an award
are very proud of themselves."

As "sf" so rightly pointed out, a "project" is an "it."

"The project is up for an award and the team members are very proud of
themselves."

>Another example, in the U.S. you'd say, "Bank of America
>is in merger talks..." but in the U.K. you'd say "Barclays are
>in merger talks...", as in the following:

http://www.prlog.org/10174314-atlas-...ger-talks.html

That still doesn't make it correct.

>If it can be construed as a collection of people, it's likely
>to be a plural subject in British usage. I do not know the exceptions
>or limitations on this but it's extremely common and I have
>seen no evidence that the more American usage would be
>considered correct in the U.K. And, I'm seeing some evidence
>of drift-over of the U.K. usage to the U.S.

Again ... common usage does NOT make it correct. It simply makes it
"common."

>>Is Chelsea a place or a person?

>It's a football club, therefore a group of people, in this
>context.

A "gang" is not plural. A "club" is not plural. A "team" is not
plural. A "group" is not plural. And a "project" is not plural in ANY
context.

A remedial English course might help ...

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 12:45:58 +1300, bob >
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Treating a singular, non-personal, common noun, such as a company, a
>university, a group, a club or a team, etc, as if it were a plural,
>personal noun is simply not correct English, regardless of its common
>usage.

Should read: Treating a singular, non-personal, common noun, such as a
company, a university, a group, a club or a team, etc, as if it were a
plural, personal pronoun is simply not correct English, regardless of
its common usage.

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bob > wrote:

> (Steve Pope)

>>sf > wrote:

>>>That's an easy one. Dire Straits is ONE (single) rock group. So,
>>>"is" is appropriate. Dire Straits *is* performing.

>>That would be the American usage, yes.

>I think you are confusing "common usage" with "correct."

You are arguing by repeated assertion. As I said before, if
you have some facts to present on this question, I'm ready to
hear them.

>"Correct" is the standard by which the language is celebrated,
>practiced and preserved, not that by which it's brought down to that
>lowest common denominator..

The problem is that this is simply more verbiage. You are not
presenting anything authoritative that might cause a speaker of
the language to change their mind about what's correct and what isn't.

Fortunately this question is treated in Fowler's "Modern
English Usage", under the category "nouns of multitude":

Such words as _army, fleet, Government, company, pack,
crowd, mess, number, majority_ may stand for either
a single entity or the individuals who compose it,
and are called nouns of multitude. They are treated
as singular or plural at discretion.

He goes on to detail circumstances where one or the other
might be preferred; he prefers "the Cabinet are agreed" but
also prefers "the Cabinet is divided". It is quite a long
discussion.

In any case, "Barclays are...", "Chelsea are...", and other
examples in this thread are acceptable, as they involve
"nouns of multitude".

I hope r.f.c. are now satisfied on this point.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message

> "amandaF" > wrote in message
> On Mar 2, 5:32 pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
>> "amandaF" wrote:
>>
>> I am hypoglycemic and in havign to eat many times, I want to reduce
>> calorie, fat, and sugar as much as possible especially if those items
>> do not have complete protein. Get it people?
>>
>> Hey, this ain't yer personal HMO... RFC ain't for catering to diseased
>> folk.
>> You have no manners... yer momma musta been some 25¢ back alley whoring
>> slut, she never taught you "please" & "thank you", bitch!

> I didn't ask anyone to be my perosnal caterer, idiot. I asked a
> question that is framed with specific word for a specific reason. If
> one cannot answer that question, stay out is all I ask. Instead, some
> people give idiotic answers, even going tot he extent assuming that I
> don't eat meat. Hilarious. No ownder there is a big shoratge of
> studnets in Science in American Universities. The majority just cannot
> process information in a logiocal manner.
>
> ===========================
>
> Can you get to the studnet from the Internet or Usenet? I really need to
> check that out!

Clearly you cannot priocessg infomration in a logiocal manner. No studs for
you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bob > wrote:

>Should read: Treating a singular, non-personal, common noun, such as a
>company, a university, a group, a club or a team, etc, as if it were a
>plural, personal pronoun is simply not correct English, regardless of
>its common usage.

I don't understand why you're so convinced of this when a
tiny amount of research reveals it's untrue. These nouns of
multitude are precisely the ones that may be either singular
or plural.

I suspect there must be some exposure to misinformation to make
you believe this so ardently.

It doesn't help, of course, that when English literature is
imported into the U.S., the publishers re-edit it to correspond
to their concept of American usage.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:29:28 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Jinx wrote:
>
>> If you don't want to eat meat, eggs and cereals for breakfast than you are
>> going to have to eat "non-traditional" western foods for breakfast. Do
>> YOU get it??!! Do you think we're all out here eating some secret mystery
>> complete protein in our western breakfasts?

>SHHHHHH! Fer cryin' out loud, don't let on that there's a SECRET!
>
>While I don't have amandaF killfiled, I generally don't find it worth
>responding. This thread is one such example.

I seems she would be better off asking her questions and not post to
the thread after that. I killfiled her long ago.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>>
>> "amandaF" > wrote in message
>> On Mar 2, 5:32 pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
>>> "amandaF" wrote:
>>>
>>> I am hypoglycemic and in havign to eat many times, I want to reduce
>>> calorie, fat, and sugar as much as possible especially if those items
>>> do not have complete protein. Get it people?
>>>
>>> Hey, this ain't yer personal HMO... RFC ain't for catering to diseased
>>> folk.
>>> You have no manners... yer momma musta been some 25¢ back alley whoring
>>> slut, she never taught you "please" & "thank you", bitch!

>> I didn't ask anyone to be my perosnal caterer, idiot. I asked a
>> question that is framed with specific word for a specific reason. If
>> one cannot answer that question, stay out is all I ask. Instead, some
>> people give idiotic answers, even going tot he extent assuming that I
>> don't eat meat. Hilarious. No ownder there is a big shoratge of
>> studnets in Science in American Universities. The majority just cannot
>> process information in a logiocal manner.
>>
>> ===========================
>>
>> Can you get to the studnet from the Internet or Usenet? I really need to
>> check that out!
>>

> Clearly you cannot priocessg infomration in a logiocal manner. No studs
> for you.

Damn you're harsh. Well, I guess since there's no ownder, that's what's
causing the shoratge of studs?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

>>> I didn't ask anyone to be my perosnal caterer, idiot. I asked a
>>> question that is framed with specific word for a specific reason. If
>>> one cannot answer that question, stay out is all I ask. Instead, some
>>> people give idiotic answers, even going tot he extent assuming that I
>>> don't eat meat. Hilarious. No ownder there is a big shoratge of
>>> studnets in Science in American Universities. The majority just cannot
>>> process information in a logiocal manner.
>>>
>>> ===========================
>>>
>>> Can you get to the studnet from the Internet or Usenet? I really need
>>> to check that out!
>>>

>> Clearly you cannot priocessg infomration in a logiocal manner. No studs
>> for you.

> Damn you're harsh. Well, I guess since there's no ownder, that's what's
> causing the shoratge of studs?

All you need to nkow is N o stuhsd for YUo. In Chemistry there is truth,
bctehs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:

> Obviously, you are speaking from your experience in life. There is
> nothing boring about me for I hang out with peopel of the same level of
> intelligent as mine.

I bet you do! But the hanging out you do with your intellectual peers
doesn't make you any more interesting to me -- or to anybody else here,
apparently.

> It is very simple. It is like asking the question "What do you get in the
> hydrolysis of Sodium Chloride (household salt)?" The answer should NOT be
> "Why not do hydrolysis of Potassium Chloride?". I bet it is difficult for
> you to understand.

Reminds me of this Usenet classic: "I hate to say as myself, I'm more far
SUPERIOR IQ than many people around here in RMAK!!!You attack me as English
skills is no excuse and you are insults." - WESLEY

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:

> Well, I feel more sorry for you to not be informed that some people can
> figure out on their own what diet based on their liking of particular food
> items would work for them but then you are typical of airheads and so need
> I say more?

If you can figure it out on your own, why did you ask here? And since you're
not welcome here, why do you come back again and again? Do you enjoy the
abuse, or are you just that stupid?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:

> I am not going to waste my time

Then why are you still here?

> with idiots like you who think they know more about protein and aminoacids
> shpwing off to a Chemist with a Master's degree in Chemistry from a
> university in Illinois.

Really? That reminds me of a few of *my* accomplishments, as I wrote some
time ago:

I won the Nobel Prize in Mathematics the same week I erected Superman's
Fortress at the North Pole and worked out the time-share land deal with
Santa Claus. That weekend I won the world chess championship and the Kumite,
then Angelina Jolie and I thwarted the world-domination plans of a pair of
supercriminals known only as "Pinkie and The Brain."

Bob