Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

Default bloody cyclists

Kevin Gleeson wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:00:53 -0800 (PST), PeterLucas
> > wrote:
>
> >BT Humble wrote:

> >> Based on my experience of colliding with wildlife in my truck, if the
> >> car was travelling at 60km/h at the time of impact then the kid
> >> wouldn't have been doing much breathing, let alone walking.

> >A decent bull bar should hopefully make sure of that ;-)
> >
> >These pedal pushers need to understand that THEY are responsible for
> >their own safety, if they are too pig headed to do even that then they
> >deserve what they get. We all get to SHARE the roads!

> And share is a big word too. I get ****ed off with car drivers that
> whinge about bicycles taking up a car lane. Cycles were on the roads
> before cars. Deal with it. Does it really matter that you might get to
> your destination 2 minutes later?

In case you have not noticed, CARS by FAR outnumber idiots weaving in
and out around lanes on their bicycles.
Despite this, it is the car drivers that should be getting out of the
way of bikes? I think NOT! Not only as a matter of principle but that
of common sense. I also contend it is a failure in terms of global
warming. THINK about it FFS!

Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:
http://greens.org.au
www.qld.greens.org.au
www.greenpeace.org.au
Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

PeterLucas wrote:

> I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:

Only until the noose is fastened securely.

--
Toosmoky
Work to ride, Ride to Work...
Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

Toosmoky wrote:
> PeterLucas wrote:
>
> > I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:

> Only until the noose is fastened securely.

Only if I get to wrap that noose right around your scrawny neck.

Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:
http://greens.org.au
www.qld.greens.org.au
www.greenpeace.org.au

Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

PeterLucas wrote:

> Toosmoky wrote:
>> PeterLucas wrote:
>>
>>> I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:

>> Only until the noose is fastened securely.

> Only if I get to wrap that noose right around your scrawny neck.

Anytime a skinny, malnourished vegan can best a 115kg 193cm carnivore,
I'll go he.

--
Toosmoky
Work to ride, Ride to Work...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 03:02:24 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:

> Toosmoky > wrote in
> :
>
>> PeterLucas wrote:

>>> Only if I get to wrap that noose right around your scrawny neck.

>> Anytime a skinny, malnourished vegan can best a 115kg 193cm carnivore,
>> I'll go he.
>>

> Yeah well..... you certainly described that pathetic little lebo-boi
> 'hey- zues' to a 'T'. That's probably why it's 'all talk and no action'.
>
> It's that shitscared to post under it's own name, it has to use the name
> of it's hero, and idol.... me :-)

I agree. Why don't you do something to stop these trolls Peter?

> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:
> http://greens.org.au
> www.qld.greens.org.au
> www.greenpeace.org.au

Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate
jl jl is offline

Toosmoky wrote:
> PeterLucas wrote:
>>
>> Toosmoky wrote:

>>> Only until the noose is fastened securely.

>> Only if I get to wrap that noose right around your scrawny neck.

> Anytime a skinny, malnourished vegan can best a 115kg 193cm carnivore,

-> I'll go he. <-

Say what ?

JL
Are you a firey poof Doug ?

Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

jl wrote:

> Toosmoky wrote:

> -> I'll go he. <-

> Say what ?

From http://tinyurl.com/bwj6f9

"Go he

Presented by Kel Richards

This one began with a statement by the Treasurer of the Northern
Territory Sid Spindler, who said that if a certain target wasn’t reached
then he’d “go he"...

"Go he" appears NOT to be in the Oxford, Websters, Macquarie -- or even
in the "Macquarie Dictionary of Slang" or June Factor's excellent "Kidspeak"
....This notion of “going he” provoked much discussion on ABC local radio
Darwin – and I was asked to do some research. It turns out that “go he”
is an expression that comes from children’s games. In many games (hide
and seek or piggy-in-the-middle, or chasings) there’s one child who is
“in” or “it” or “he” (depending on where you grew up) – the one who
seeks or chases. When used by adults the expression “I’ll go he” is a
statement of confidence – “I’ll go he” is an offer to do something
unwelcome or unlikely – an offer that can be made because the speaker is
so confident of what they’ve said. But, perhaps because it’s an
expression from a children’s game, “go he” has yet to appear in any
dictionary."

--
Toosmoky
Work to ride, Ride to Work...
http://users.tpg.com.au/smokey61/cafe
Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate
jl jl is offline

Toosmoky wrote:
> jl wrote:
>
>> Toosmoky wrote:

>> -> I'll go he. <-

>> Say what ?

> From http://tinyurl.com/bwj6f9
>
> "Go he

> "Go he" appears NOT to be in the Oxford, Websters, Macquarie -- or even
> in the "Macquarie Dictionary of Slang" or June Factor's excellent
> "Kidspeak"

So it's obscure NT slang, well there ya go

JL
Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

jl wrote:

>> "Go he" appears NOT to be in the Oxford, Websters, Macquarie -- or
>> even in the "Macquarie Dictionary of Slang" or June Factor's excellent
>> "Kidspeak"

> So it's obscure NT slang, well there ya go

No, it's Australia wide. I went to school in Victoria as did my Dad, who
used the expression also. Maybe you're just not old enough to be
familiar with it.

--
Toosmoky
Work to ride, Ride to Work...
http://users.tpg.com.au/smokey61/cafe
Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

jl wrote:
> Toosmoky wrote:
>> jl wrote:
>>
>>> Toosmoky wrote:

>>> -> I'll go he. <-

>>> Say what ?

>> From http://tinyurl.com/bwj6f9
>>
>> "Go he

>> "Go he" appears NOT to be in the Oxford, Websters, Macquarie -- or
>> even in the "Macquarie Dictionary of Slang" or June Factor's excellent
>> "Kidspeak"

> So it's obscure NT slang, well there ya go
>

> JL

It's a not very obscure Victorian expression as well. I've heard it on
and off for fifty years, in the context of childhood games as well as
Doug's expression of confidence. I don't recall ever seeing it written
down, so it took me by surprise for a moment.

Moike

Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

On Feb 26, 9:20*pm, jl > wrote:
> Toosmoky wrote:
> > jl wrote:

> >> Toosmoky wrote:

> >> -> *I'll go he. <-

> >> Say what ?

> > *Fromhttp://tinyurl.com/bwj6f9

> > "Go he
> > "Go he" appears NOT to be in the Oxford, Websters, Macquarie -- or even
> > in the "Macquarie Dictionary of Slang" or June Factor's excellent
> > "Kidspeak"

> So it's obscure NT slang, well there ya go

Well , I've never been to NT and I understood it immediately. Would
you believe I learned it as a kid playing hide and seek? It was also
quite common at the school I attended in Wangaratta, Vic.

Theo

Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

theo wrote:

> Well , I've never been to NT and I understood it immediately. Would
> you believe I learned it as a kid playing hide and seek? It was also
> quite common at the school I attended in Wangaratta, Vic.

We've got to retain all the Australianisms we can. Too many Americanisms
creeping in these days.

Quote from one bloke watching the bushfires; "It's spreading like
wildfire!". Bright boy, that one.

Another thing that annoys me, people saying things like "out of left
field" when they're watching football or cricket.

Now people don't go to the toilet, they go to the "bathroom". Anyone
tries shitting in my bathroom won't be welcome back...

--
Toosmoky
Work to ride, Ride to Work...
http://users.tpg.com.au/smokey61/cafe
Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

Toosmoky wrote:
> PeterLucas wrote:
> >
> > Toosmoky wrote:

> >> Only until the noose is fastened securely.

> > Only if I get to wrap that noose right around your scrawny neck.

> Anytime a skinny, malnourished vegan can best a 115kg 193cm carnivore,
> I'll go he.

ROTFL! ANY TIME you care to try boyo! You DO know I'm ex-SAS, right?
I can always use another victim-err I mean 'sparing partner'.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"Thirty seven years ago, a Quarter Master, nearly knocked me over as
he
thrust an L1A1 SLR into my hands and bellowed, "Keep that Rifle in
Tip
Top Order so you can Kill your Countries Enemies with it before they
Kill You. These days, I do not have to visit exotic overseas
countries
as my Countries Enemies are seen wallowing around our seats of
government, they guzzle and cavort at the Public trough so deeply
they
make Caligula and Nero look like Church choir boys."

Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

PeterLucas wrote:

> ROTFL! ANY TIME you care to try boyo! You DO know I'm ex-SAS, right?
> I can always use another victim-err I mean 'sparing partner'.

"Get ya hand off it, Daryl..."

Care to try what? *You* want to wrap a noose around *my* neck. You're
welcome to have a go. I'm easy to find.

One thing I find about *real* ex-SAS blokes, they don't go around
boasting that they're ex-SAS.

--
Toosmoky
Work to ride, Ride to Work...
http://users.tpg.com.au/smokey61/cafe
Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 04:50:14 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:

> Toosmoky > wrote in
> :
>> PeterLucas wrote:
>>> If it happens to do it again, please be aware and just kilfile the
>>> pathetic prick.

>> Done already.

> Many thanks.

I did it too, Pete.
No need to thank me as well, I'll take it as a given.
Cheers.

> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:
> http://greens.org.au
> www.qld.greens.org.au
> www.greenpeace.org.au

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:48:30 +0000 (UTC), Jeßus >
shouted from the highest rooftop:

--

"The only difference between a troll and an asshole is
that an asshole knows when it's full of shit." - b

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate
jl jl is offline

Toosmoky wrote:
> jl wrote:
>
>>> "Go he" appears NOT to be in the Oxford, Websters, Macquarie -- or
>>> even in the "Macquarie Dictionary of Slang" or June Factor's
>>> excellent "Kidspeak"

>> So it's obscure NT slang, well there ya go

> No, it's Australia wide. I went to school in Victoria as did my Dad, who
> used the expression also.

> Maybe you're just not old enough to be
> familiar with it.

I guess so.

I've never heard anyone say it, not even old blokes like you and Moike

JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26 Feb 2009 03:48:50 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, Heßus wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 03:02:24 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:
>
>> Toosmoky > wrote in
>> :

>>> Anytime a skinny, malnourished vegan can best a 115kg 193cm carnivore,
>>> I'll go he.
>>>

>> Yeah well..... you certainly described that pathetic little lebo-boi
>> 'hey- zues' to a 'T'. That's probably why it's 'all talk and no action'.
>>
>> It's that shitscared to post under it's own name, it has to use the name
>> of it's hero, and idol.... me :-)

> I agree. Why don't you do something to stop these trolls Peter?

It's too late for Lucas. There is nothing he can do at this point but
either morph himself into another identity for good or disappear from
Usenet altogether. He is entirely too stupid to pull off the first and too
addicted to attempt the second.

Peter Lucas/Stone/McGrath/Williams: the *original* stalker-troll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:24:49 +1300, in rec.food.cooking, bob wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:48:30 +0000 (UTC), Jeßus >
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 04:50:14 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:
>>
>>> Toosmoky > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Many thanks.

>>I did it too, Pete.
>>No need to thank me as well, I'll take it as a given.
>>Cheers.

[mate bob's sig post snipped]

I did it too, Pete.
No need to thank me as well. I'll takt it as a given.
Cheers

Peter Lucas/Stone/McGrath/Williams: the *original* stalker-troll.