Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Special meals during Lent??

"FERRANTE" > wrote in message
> Anyone have any special dishes you make just during Lent? I don't
> always want fish on Fridays, so I am open to some new ideas.
>
> Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
> forehead...
>
> Mark

i thought the catholics threw that rule away.
--
C.D....(who ate only fish on fridays for years and is now in a twelve step
program for recovering catholics.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
FERRANTE > wrote:

> Anyone have any special dishes you make just during Lent? I don't
> always want fish on Fridays, so I am open to some new ideas.
>
> Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
> forehead...
>
> Mark

I grew up with meatless Fridays (and we weren't even Catholic!): Mac and
cheese, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, tuna hotdish, creamed
salmon on toast, creamed peas and carrots on mashed potatoes are some of
the things Mom fed the masses with.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"FERRANTE" > wrote in message
> Anyone have any special dishes you make just during Lent? I don't
> always want fish on Fridays, so I am open to some new ideas.
>
> Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
> forehead...
>
> Mark

You had been gardening and forgot to shower?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:17:35 -0600, FERRANTE
> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Anyone have any special dishes you make just during Lent? I don't
>always want fish on Fridays, so I am open to some new ideas.
>
>Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
>forehead...

Next time go to an Indian restaurant. They'll think you're a Hindu ...

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"C.D" wrote:

> "FERRANTE" > wrote in message
> > Anyone have any special dishes you make just during Lent? I don't
> > always want fish on Fridays, so I am open to some new ideas.
> >
> > Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
> > forehead...
> >
> > Mark
> >

> i thought the catholics threw that rule away.

No, they are desperately trying to gain control over their dwindling
flock now that they have a nazi pope stirring up trouble and their
pedophile priests are being outed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 25, 6:17*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
> Anyone have any special dishes you make just during Lent? I don't
> always want fish on Fridays, so I am open to some new ideas.
>
> Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
> forehead...
>
> Mark

Sheeesh Mark. I woulda known why and I'm Jewish.
Have you thought of Indian or Moroccan or other vegetarian cuisines.
Of course, you might get really tired of curry and couscous.

Hope you have an easy Lent :-)
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig" > wrote in message
On Feb 25, 6:17 pm, FERRANTE > wrote:

Hope you have an easy Lent :-)
Lynn in Fargo
______________________________________
But that isn't the point!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 25, 7:17*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
> Anyone have any special dishes you make just during Lent? I don't
> always want fish on Fridays, so I am open to some new ideas.
>
> Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
> forehead...
>
> Mark

Hey Mark, we had tuna & salmon tartar last night. It had mango, very
finely chopped onion, a mayonaise based dressing with some heat to it,
jalapeno & wasabi & ginger. It was delicious. We feel lucky to have a
fishmonger who carries sashimi grade tuna & salmon nearby.
Nan in De
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:59:47 -0600, Pete C. wrote:

> "C.D" wrote:
>>
>> "FERRANTE" > wrote in message
>>> Anyone have any special dishes you make just during Lent? I don't
>>> always want fish on Fridays, so I am open to some new ideas.
>>>
>>> Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
>>> forehead...
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>

>> i thought the catholics threw that rule away.

> No, they are desperately trying to gain control over their dwindling
> flock now that they have a nazi pope stirring up trouble and their
> pedophile priests are being outed.

now, now, be polite. it's 'former nazi.'

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake wrote on Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:34:55 GMT:

>>> i thought the catholics threw that rule away.

>> No, they are desperately trying to gain control over their
>> dwindling flock now that they have a nazi pope stirring up
>> trouble and their pedophile priests are being outed.

> now, now, be polite. it's 'former nazi.'

It's amazing how people sneer at the "infallibility" of the Pope but
expect that and omniscience from him.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:59:47 -0600, Pete C. wrote:

> >> i thought the catholics threw that rule away.

> > No, they are desperately trying to gain control over their dwindling
> > flock now that they have a nazi pope stirring up trouble and their
> > pedophile priests are being outed.

> now, now, be polite. it's 'former nazi.'

"Professed former nazi", and from his babble that claim is
questionable...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

FERRANTE wrote:

> Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
> forehead...

Unlikely. Had somebody not known it was there on purpose, they would try
and discretely inform you that you have dirt on your forehead, not ask you
*why* theres dirt there.

Assuming they aren't retarded, that is.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 25, 9:31*pm, "Boulanger" > wrote:
> "Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig" > wrote in ...
> On Feb 25, 6:17 pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
>
> Hope you have an easy Lent :-)
> Lynn in Fargo
> ______________________________________
> But that isn't the point!

===============================

I know that isn't the point. But it's what Jews wish other Jews before
the 24+ hour no food/no water fast on Yom Kippur.

Jews, in general, aren't really into suffering for the soul's sake.
The real purpose of fasting on Yom Kippur is remembering the millions
who go hungry every day.

b'Shalom
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:32:15 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>FERRANTE wrote:
>
>> Today (Ash Wed.), someone came up to me and asked why I had dirt on my
>> forehead...

>Unlikely. Had somebody not known it was there on purpose, they would try
>and discretely inform you that you have dirt on your forehead, not ask you
>*why* theres dirt there.
>
>Assuming they aren't retarded, that is.

Well, then they must be. One person did say that to me. Several
pointed out that I had something on my forehead and still others
remarked that they forgot it was Ash Wed until they saw me.

Mark

>-sw

Any special V Day meals planned? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 21 15-02-2016 09:09 PM
Cajun Lent Chemo the Clown[_2_] General Cooking 3 24-03-2012 06:49 AM
Lent Dimitri General Cooking 60 10-03-2010 10:19 PM
Teas for Lent toci Tea 0 28-02-2006 10:48 AM
Lent Arturo Mexican Cooking 2 02-03-2004 06:36 PM