FoodBanter.com

-   -   REC: Another Quaker Oats cookie recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/168499-rec-another-quaker-oats.html)

Dora 21-02-2009 06:54 PM

REC: Another Quaker Oats cookie recipe

Here's another version. I don't have an attribution - shame on me.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Quaker Oats Low Fat Chewy Fruit and Oatmeal Bars

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

3/4 cup brown sugar -- firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 8-oz. container vanilla or plain low-fat yogurt
2 egg whites -- lightly beaten
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats, quick or old-fashioned -- uncooked
1 cup diced dried mixed fruit, raisins or dried
cranberries

Heat oven to 350ºF. In large bowl, combine sugars, yogurt, egg whites,
oil, milk and vanilla; mix well. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking
soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
Add to yogurt mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and fruit.

Spread dough onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake 28 to
32 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.

Dora

Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] 21-02-2009 08:38 PM

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:54:21 -0500, "Dora" > wrote:

>Here's another version. I don't have an attribution - shame on me.
>

>* Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Quaker Oats Low Fat Chewy Fruit and Oatmeal Bars

Not to worry, Dora. The attribution is right there in the title!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.