Experienced Member

Location: Colombia
Default Tips To Make Our Kids Eat All Vegetables

I am not a mother, but I was so hard to me eat vegetables when I was a child, my mother always prepare veggies, every time she prepared a salad, or baked with vegetables to accompany the meal was a horror film to see the leaves, stems and Other pieces of green seemed to be alive, it was horrible. And after that I grew up and one of the things I love the most is vegetables.

And now I think that veggies are not guilty to not eat them, now I realize that what's needed for children to eat their vegetables is to have a little of IMAGINATION.

Please do not forget that some of the food more nutritious, delicious and benefical to our bodies are composed of VEGETABLES, veggies has vitamins and minerals, sufficient water and help prevent diseases of obesity and high cholesterol, so it's important to eat vegetables on a regular basis and adopt them as part of our daily nutrition.

Hours I could be talking about the benefits of vegetables, but we will focus on the topic. HOW TO MAKE OUR CHILDREN consume vegetables ¡¡

Well my first advice is

• Use your IMAGINATION, one of the things that make a child do not eat vegetables is the way we present veggies, don’t serve it in the side of the dish, or when you cook them does not get over the food, simple fact of seeing the plants in this position will cause the child detests vegetables immediately. On the other hand you can do is use your imagination as I said, you can improve the presentation and have fun, prepare a salad that has a clown's face, add fruits to some salads generates a pleasant smell, use your ingenuity to create forms and shapes that you draw attention to your child, a character from the comics or their favorite TV series, what matters here is that you use your IMAGINATION.

• There are many vegetables that you can do as cakes and delicious desserts, you can make a carrot cake, or you can make an omelet containing broccoli or cauliflower or mix the two of them, remember that how we present things is what makes us eat until the last grain of rice

• Use an incentive to eat the vegetables, for example you can offer this rich dessert you’re your child likes, in the moment if you have not veggies that you can use to make some delicious dessert then strive yourself a little more and get a dessert simple as a pudding or a custard and offer them as a reward for having made the great feat of eating vegetables

• Finally, if your son likes meat, like chicken or beef, use your imagination again and mixed vegetables with meat, you can create a salad that contains not only vegetables but also meat and that unpalatable assumption that children say the veggies has will be blurred by the delicious taste of meat, of course, must be cooked.

Do not forget to use your imagination and ingenuity to make the kitchen won’t be a hell, on the contrary it became a good time for you and yours

Bon Apetit
__________________
Victoria Guzman
An expert in good food and cooking
My Website: www.recipesdrinksandfood.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 18, 12:09*pm, camrodri > wrote:
> [...]
>
> • Use an incentive to eat the vegetables, for example you can offer
> this rich dessert you’re your child likes, in the moment if you have
> not veggies that you can use to make some delicious dessert then strive
> yourself a little more and get a dessert simple as a pudding or a
> custard and offer them as a reward for having made the great feat of
> eating vegetables
>
> • Finally, if your son likes meat, like chicken or beef, use your
> imagination again and mixed vegetables with meat, you can create a
> salad that contains not only vegetables but also meat and that
> unpalatable assumption that children say the veggies has will be
> blurred by the delicious taste of meat, of course, must be cooked.
>
> Do not forget to use your imagination and ingenuity to make the kitchen
> won’t be a hell, on the contrary it became a good time for you and yours

Only a piece of crap takes others' words w/o attribution. Besides,
the advice is stupid.

> Bon Apetit
>
> --
> camrodri

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:09:24 +0000, camrodri wrote:

> I am not a mother, but I was so hard to me eat vegetables when I was a
> child, my mother always prepare veggies, every time she prepared a
> salad, or baked with vegetables to accompany the meal was a horror film
> to see the leaves, stems and Other pieces of green seemed to be alive,
> it was horrible. And after that I grew up and one of the things I love
> the most is vegetables.
>
> And now I think that veggies are not guilty to not eat them, now I
> realize that what's needed for children to eat their vegetables is to
> have a little of IMAGINATION.
>
> Please do not forget that some of the food more nutritious, delicious
> and benefical to our bodies are composed of VEGETABLES, veggies has
> vitamins and minerals, sufficient water and help prevent diseases of
> obesity and high cholesterol, so it's important to eat vegetables on a
> regular basis and adopt them as part of our daily nutrition.
>
> Hours I could be talking about the benefits of vegetables, but we will
> focus on the topic. HOW TO MAKE OUR CHILDREN consume vegetables ¡¡
>
> Well my first advice is

....let 'em eat cake.

your pal,
marie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"camrodri" > wrote in message

> I am not a mother, but

<snip>

> camrodri

Just wait!

ROTFLMAO!

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

camrodri wrote:

> Hours I could be talking about the benefits of vegetables, but we will
> focus on the topic. HOW TO MAKE OUR CHILDREN consume vegetables ¡¡

Hours you should spend learning to write the english, and not to be
trying to be teaching your grandmother to suck eggs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in news:1kknl.16616$YU2.12684
@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com:

> "camrodri" > wrote in message
>>
>> I am not a mother, but

> <snip>
>
>> camrodri

> Just wait!
>
> ROTFLMAO!
>
> Dimitri

Eat your damn veggies or I'll come for 2 week visit, works pretty well.

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
camrodri > wrote:

> Do not forget to use your imagination and ingenuity to make the kitchen
> won’t be a hell, on the contrary it became a good time for you and yours

If you don't tell your children that vegetables are evil things to be
avoided, you won't have a problem getting them to eat vegetables!

We never told our daughter that she wasn't supposed to like broccoli,
for example, and she's always eaten it like it's going out of style.

She's always eaten what we eat -- none of this special "kid food" that's
so prevalent these days. Blech.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:
> In article >,
> camrodri > wrote:
>
>> Do not forget to use your imagination and ingenuity to make the kitchen
>> won’t be a hell, on the contrary it became a good time for you and yours

> If you don't tell your children that vegetables are evil things to be
> avoided, you won't have a problem getting them to eat vegetables!
>
> We never told our daughter that she wasn't supposed to like broccoli,
> for example, and she's always eaten it like it's going out of style.
>
> She's always eaten what we eat -- none of this special "kid food" that's
> so prevalent these days. Blech.
>
> Miche

Tell them they can't have any brussels sprouts until they eat their ice
cream. (Be really stern about it)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:
> In article >,
> camrodri > wrote:
>
>> Do not forget to use your imagination and ingenuity to make the kitchen
>> won’t be a hell, on the contrary it became a good time for you and yours

> If you don't tell your children that vegetables are evil things to be
> avoided, you won't have a problem getting them to eat vegetables!
>
> We never told our daughter that she wasn't supposed to like broccoli,
> for example, and she's always eaten it like it's going out of style.

I think that people with non-fussy children often assume the
non-fussiness is the result of the parents' having done something right,
when often it's just that the child isn't fussy about food by nature. I
raised two kids from infancy to 7 or 8 years old, and they are like
night and day. I love veggies, and never taught either one that they're
evil things to be avoided. One of the kids has loved veggies (and sushi,
and all manner of things) since very early on. The other one has never
liked vegetables, and still barely eats them at 18. They're just
different people with different tastes, and I really believe it had
nothing to do with how I raised them around food.

Serene
--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Miche > wrote:

> In article >,
> camrodri > wrote:
>
> > Do not forget to use your imagination and ingenuity to make the kitchen
> > won’t be a hell, on the contrary it became a good time for you and yours

> If you don't tell your children that vegetables are evil things to be
> avoided, you won't have a problem getting them to eat vegetables!

I think that's only half the battle.

> We never told our daughter that she wasn't supposed to like broccoli,
> for example, and she's always eaten it like it's going out of style.
>
> She's always eaten what we eat -- none of this special "kid food" that's
> so prevalent these days. Blech.

That's the other half right there. The old "do what I say, not what I
do" works very poorly. If the parents like vegetables and show it, it
will be more likely that the kids will like them also. Of course, it
doesn't always work.

We didn't have too many problems with our kids and food. They are now
23, 26 and 30. The oldest still doesn't like mushrooms, but that just
means more for us!

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> Miche wrote:
> > In article >,
> > camrodri > wrote:
> >
> >> Do not forget to use your imagination and ingenuity to make the kitchen
> >> won¹t be a hell, on the contrary it became a good time for you and yours

> > If you don't tell your children that vegetables are evil things to be
> > avoided, you won't have a problem getting them to eat vegetables!
> >
> > We never told our daughter that she wasn't supposed to like broccoli,
> > for example, and she's always eaten it like it's going out of style.

> I think that people with non-fussy children often assume the
> non-fussiness is the result of the parents' having done something right,
> when often it's just that the child isn't fussy about food by nature. I
> raised two kids from infancy to 7 or 8 years old, and they are like
> night and day. I love veggies, and never taught either one that they're
> evil things to be avoided. One of the kids has loved veggies (and sushi,
> and all manner of things) since very early on. The other one has never
> liked vegetables, and still barely eats them at 18. They're just
> different people with different tastes, and I really believe it had
> nothing to do with how I raised them around food.

We had one parent who was a fussy eater and one who ate everything under
the sun. I just object to the idea that's prevalent in society (via the
media etc) that Children Don't Like Vegetables. I really do think that
if you don't tell children they won't like something, they'll usually be
willing to at least give it a go.

(It's not just vegetables, either. The teacher at night school last
night riled me by basically telling the class that the upcoming
mathematics module is awful and gruelling and no fun at all. Way to
make a self-fulfilling prophecy, dude!)

I say "usually" because one of my brothers is a VERY fussy eater of the
"What's that, I don't like it" variety, who has always had a very very
limited range of acceptable foods (and even now it's not much larger),
so I do know where you're coming from with "I did everything right and
he's still fussy". I'm just talking about increasing the odds of a good
outcome, I guess -- if you tell a kid they'll hate vegetables, they
won't even try them!

Miche (rambling, but what's new)

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
zxcvbob > wrote:

> Miche wrote:
> > In article >,
> > camrodri > wrote:
> >
> >> Do not forget to use your imagination and ingenuity to make the kitchen
> >> won¹t be a hell, on the contrary it became a good time for you and yours

> > If you don't tell your children that vegetables are evil things to be
> > avoided, you won't have a problem getting them to eat vegetables!
> >
> > We never told our daughter that she wasn't supposed to like broccoli,
> > for example, and she's always eaten it like it's going out of style.
> >
> > She's always eaten what we eat -- none of this special "kid food" that's
> > so prevalent these days. Blech.

> Tell them they can't have any brussels sprouts until they eat their ice
> cream. (Be really stern about it)

LOL!

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

My take on it is much simpler. Cook vegetables well, in all kinds of
manners (steamed, roasted, grilled, etc.), and don't make a fuss about
them, they're good food like everything you put on the table. If
children don't feel they're "special good for you and healthy but not
yummy" food, they will eat them like they eat the meat or fish or
whatever, no fuss, no problem.
I know this approach works, I have two sons (10 and 14) and they love
properly cooked vegetables (with a few dislikes, like everybody) and
always did.

Nathalie in Switzerland

> [...]

>• Use an incentive to eat the vegetables, for example you can offer
>this rich dessert you’re your child likes, in the moment if you have
>not veggies that you can use to make some delicious dessert then strive
>yourself a little more and get a dessert simple as a pudding or a
>custard and offer them as a reward for having made the great feat of
>eating vegetables
>
>• Finally, if your son likes meat, like chicken or beef, use your
>imagination again and mixed vegetables with meat, you can create a
>salad that contains not only vegetables but also meat and that
>unpalatable assumption that children say the veggies has will be
>blurred by the delicious taste of meat, of course, must be cooked.
>
>Do not forget to use your imagination and ingenuity to make the kitchen
>won’t be a hell, on the contrary it became a good time for you and yours

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:21:02 +1300, Miche >
wrote:

>If you don't tell your children that vegetables are evil things to be
>avoided, you won't have a problem getting them to eat vegetables!
>
>We never told our daughter that she wasn't supposed to like broccoli,
>for example, and she's always eaten it like it's going out of style.
>
>She's always eaten what we eat -- none of this special "kid food" that's
>so prevalent these days. Blech.
>
>Miche

Well, this is something I'm not accustomed to make, a "me too!" post
:-). Miche, I think exactly the same, and I can't for the life of me
understand why people think children (I'm not talking of small babies)
eat differently from adults.

Nathalie in Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:

> We had one parent who was a fussy eater and one who ate everything under
> the sun. I just object to the idea that's prevalent in society (via the
> media etc) that Children Don't Like Vegetables. I really do think that
> if you don't tell children they won't like something, they'll usually be
> willing to at least give it a go.

What I'm saying is that I disagree with that as a general statement.
Some kids are just naturally less comfortable with trying new things,
and it doesn't mean that the media has poisoned them against it. They
have different personalities from the get-go.

> I say "usually" because one of my brothers is a VERY fussy eater of the
> "What's that, I don't like it" variety, who has always had a very very
> limited range of acceptable foods (and even now it's not much larger),
> so I do know where you're coming from with "I did everything right and
> he's still fussy". I'm just talking about increasing the odds of a good
> outcome, I guess -- if you tell a kid they'll hate vegetables, they
> won't even try them!

My mother told us kids how yucky spinach was from early on, and all four
of us like it a lot. I just don't buy the theory that parents have much
to do with how kids end up liking or not liking foods.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nathalie Chiva wrote:
> My take on it is much simpler. Cook vegetables well, in all kinds of
> manners (steamed, roasted, grilled, etc.), and don't make a fuss about
> them, they're good food like everything you put on the table. If
> children don't feel they're "special good for you and healthy but not
> yummy" food, they will eat them like they eat the meat or fish or
> whatever, no fuss, no problem.
> I know this approach works, I have two sons (10 and 14) and they love
> properly cooked vegetables (with a few dislikes, like everybody) and
> always did.

So you don't know if it's your approach that worked, or if they're just
naturally not picky about food.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:43:12 -0800, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>Nathalie Chiva wrote:
>> My take on it is much simpler. Cook vegetables well, in all kinds of
>> manners (steamed, roasted, grilled, etc.), and don't make a fuss about
>> them, they're good food like everything you put on the table. If
>> children don't feel they're "special good for you and healthy but not
>> yummy" food, they will eat them like they eat the meat or fish or
>> whatever, no fuss, no problem.
>> I know this approach works, I have two sons (10 and 14) and they love
>> properly cooked vegetables (with a few dislikes, like everybody) and
>> always did.

>So you don't know if it's your approach that worked, or if they're just
>naturally not picky about food.
>
>Serene

Right. BUT I see so many kids around me who will not eat vegetables
and/or fish and/or etc. and the parents say "It's normal, kids don't
like that stuff" and cook special food for them that I can't help
feeling there's a connection...
I'm not a short order cook, and my kids know that. If really one of
them thinks he absolutely can't eat what's served on the table, I'm
not going to force anybody (I don't believe in forcing to eat), there
are yogurts in the fridge, bread and fruit on the counter, that's it.
Strangely, they never made use of that possibility.

Nathalie in Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 20, 10:59*am, Nathalie Chiva
<Nathaliedotchivaatgmail.remove.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:43:12 -0800, Serene Vannoy
>

> > wrote:
> >Nathalie Chiva wrote:
> >> My take on it is much simpler. Cook vegetables well, in all kinds of
> >> manners (steamed, roasted, grilled, etc.), and don't make a fuss about
> >> them, they're good food like everything you put on the table. If
> >> children don't feel they're "special good for you and healthy but not
> >> yummy" food, they will eat them like they eat the meat or fish or
> >> whatever, no fuss, no problem.
> >> I know this approach works, I have two sons (10 and 14) and they love
> >> properly cooked vegetables (with a few dislikes, like everybody) and
> >> always did.

> >So you don't know if it's your approach that worked, or if they're just
> >naturally not picky about food.

> >Serene

> Right. BUT I see so many kids around me who will not eat vegetables
> and/or fish and/or etc. and the parents say "It's normal, kids don't
> like that stuff" and cook special food for them that I can't help
> feeling there's a connection...
> I'm not a short order cook, and my kids know that. If really one of
> them thinks he absolutely can't eat what's served on the table, I'm
> not going to force anybody (I don't believe in forcing to eat), there
> are yogurts in the fridge, bread and fruit on the counter, that's it.
> Strangely, they never made use of that possibility.
>
> Nathalie in Switzerland

======================================
My daughter (now 26) ate most vegetables until she started school.
Sitting at the lunch table she learned from the other kids that
vegetables were yucky - especially the green ones.

When she was a toddler I used to give her a hunk of raw broccoli when
she was in the cart at the grocery store. She still won't eat orange
veggies (carrots, squash, sweet potatoes) or beets; but she eats tons
of raw veggies and most other cooked veggies.

She is engaged to a wonderful young (23) man who never lets anything
green touch his lips. The ONLY vegetable (raw or cooked he will eat is
corn. Corn does not count in my book.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "Dimitri" > wrote in news:1kknl.16616$YU2.12684
> @nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com:
>

>> "camrodri" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I am not a mother, but

>> <snip>
>>
>>> camrodri

>> Just wait!
>>
>> ROTFLMAO!
>>
>> Dimitri
>>

> Eat your damn veggies or I'll come for 2 week visit, works pretty well.
>
> --
>
> The beet goes on -Alan

Don't you just love non-parents who have advice for parents?

If they only knew!

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> Miche wrote:
>
> > We had one parent who was a fussy eater and one who ate everything under
> > the sun. I just object to the idea that's prevalent in society (via the
> > media etc) that Children Don't Like Vegetables. I really do think that
> > if you don't tell children they won't like something, they'll usually be
> > willing to at least give it a go.

> What I'm saying is that I disagree with that as a general statement.
> Some kids are just naturally less comfortable with trying new things,
> and it doesn't mean that the media has poisoned them against it. They
> have different personalities from the get-go.
>
> > I say "usually" because one of my brothers is a VERY fussy eater of the
> > "What's that, I don't like it" variety, who has always had a very very
> > limited range of acceptable foods (and even now it's not much larger),
> > so I do know where you're coming from with "I did everything right and
> > he's still fussy". I'm just talking about increasing the odds of a good
> > outcome, I guess -- if you tell a kid they'll hate vegetables, they
> > won't even try them!

> My mother told us kids how yucky spinach was from early on, and all four
> of us like it a lot. I just don't buy the theory that parents have much
> to do with how kids end up liking or not liking foods.

Fair enough.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 19 Feb 2009 02:36:42p, Dimitri told us...

> "camrodri" > wrote in message
>>
>> I am not a mother, but

> <snip>
>
>> camrodri

> Just wait!
>
> ROTFLMAO!
>
> Dimitri

It would seem a sausage stuffer and plunger would ge effective and less time
consuming. If you can do it to geese, you could do it to kids,.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.