Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cranberry Margarita (was Cranberry juice sucks!)

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:49:39 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> > wrote:
>
> >nancy (happy with her plain cranberry juice)

> This thread made me buy cranberry juice. I love it!

Barb.

Try a Cranberry Margarita if you are in the mood:

Juice from one lime
2 shots tequila
1 shot triple sec or Grand Mariner.

Place ingredients into a 10 to 12 oz. glass.

Fill with cranberry juice.

It's got pucker power but damn it's good. ;-)

Add crushed ice to taste.

You can also salt the glass rim, but I personally prefer my 'rita's salt
free.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-327275.12080919022009
@news-wc.giganews.com:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:49:39 -0500, "Nancy Young"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >nancy (happy with her plain cranberry juice)

>> This thread made me buy cranberry juice. I love it!

> Barb.
>
> Try a Cranberry Margarita if you are in the mood:
>
> Juice from one lime
> 2 shots tequila
> 1 shot triple sec or Grand Mariner.
>
> Place ingredients into a 10 to 12 oz. glass.
>
> Fill with cranberry juice.
>
> It's got pucker power but damn it's good. ;-)

My lips curled just thinking about it!! :-)

> Add crushed ice to taste.
>
> You can also salt the glass rim, but I personally prefer my 'rita's salt
> free.

I never saw the sense in salting the glass....... just as I never see the
sense in shoving a wedge of lemon into a bottle of beer!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Kill all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> > Try a Cranberry Margarita if you are in the mood:
> >
> > Juice from one lime
> > 2 shots tequila
> > 1 shot triple sec or Grand Mariner.
> >
> > Place ingredients into a 10 to 12 oz. glass.
> >
> > Fill with cranberry juice.
> >
> > It's got pucker power but damn it's good. ;-)

> My lips curled just thinking about it!! :-)

<grins>
I like tart drinks personally.

> > Add crushed ice to taste.
> >
> > You can also salt the glass rim, but I personally prefer my 'rita's salt
> > free.

> I never saw the sense in salting the glass....... just as I never see the
> sense in shoving a wedge of lemon into a bottle of beer!!

I never saw the sense in drinking something as bitter as beer period!

--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> PeterL > wrote:
>
>> > Try a Cranberry Margarita if you are in the mood:
>> >
>> > Juice from one lime
>> > 2 shots tequila
>> > 1 shot triple sec or Grand Mariner.
>> >
>> > Place ingredients into a 10 to 12 oz. glass.
>> >
>> > Fill with cranberry juice.
>> >
>> > It's got pucker power but damn it's good. ;-)

>> My lips curled just thinking about it!! :-)

> <grins>
> I like tart drinks personally.

S'pose it *could* be a palate cleanser.

>> > Add crushed ice to taste.
>> >
>> > You can also salt the glass rim, but I personally prefer my 'rita's
>> > salt free.

>> I never saw the sense in salting the glass....... just as I never see
>> the sense in shoving a wedge of lemon into a bottle of beer!!

> I never saw the sense in drinking something as bitter as beer period!

LOL!!!

Lip curling 'ritas, but not beer??!!

Beer is like wine....... there are some smooth ones out there, and there
are a few 'ruff ones.

But "bitter"?? Not even the Bitter Beer is as bitter as lime and cranberry
juice!!

But then, I s'pose some people call certain brands of coffee "bitter".

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Kill all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> news >

> >> My lips curled just thinking about it!! :-)

> > <grins>
> > I like tart drinks personally.

> S'pose it *could* be a palate cleanser.

> >> I never saw the sense in salting the glass....... just as I never see
> >> the sense in shoving a wedge of lemon into a bottle of beer!!

> > I never saw the sense in drinking something as bitter as beer period!
> >

> LOL!!!
>
> Lip curling 'ritas, but not beer??!!
>
> Beer is like wine....... there are some smooth ones out there, and there
> are a few 'ruff ones.
>
> But "bitter"?? Not even the Bitter Beer is as bitter as lime and cranberry
> juice!!
>
> But then, I s'pose some people call certain brands of coffee "bitter".

It's all a matter of personal taste of course. :-)

I have NEVER been able to understand or enjoy beer...

I'm a wine drinker.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news

> It's all a matter of personal taste of course. :-)

Eggzachree.

> I have NEVER been able to understand or enjoy beer...
>
> I'm a wine drinker.

I started on beer, then went to wine as there weren't a lot of different
taste options for beer back in the early 90's.

But with the boom in boutique breweries, and the importation of a *lot* of
o/s beers, it's certainly opened up the 'taste' side of things again.

So now and then, I like to have a couple of (different) beers of an
afternoon........ but wine is still the drink of choice :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Kill all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> > I have NEVER been able to understand or enjoy beer...
> >
> > I'm a wine drinker.

> I started on beer, then went to wine as there weren't a lot of different
> taste options for beer back in the early 90's.
>
> But with the boom in boutique breweries, and the importation of a *lot* of
> o/s beers, it's certainly opened up the 'taste' side of things again.
>
> So now and then, I like to have a couple of (different) beers of an
> afternoon........ but wine is still the drink of choice :-)

What type? I can go back and forth between dry and semi-sweet. I'm not
much of a fan of sweet wines except for Sherry or Port.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> news >

> >> I started on beer, then went to wine as there weren't a lot of
> >> different taste options for beer back in the early 90's.
> >>
> >> But with the boom in boutique breweries, and the importation of a *lot*
> >> of o/s beers, it's certainly opened up the 'taste' side of things
> >> again.
> >>
> >> So now and then, I like to have a couple of (different) beers of an
> >> afternoon........ but wine is still the drink of choice :-)

> > What type? I can go back and forth between dry and semi-sweet. I'm not
> > much of a fan of sweet wines except for Sherry or Port.

> Depending on the time of day, temperature, etc.
>
> We have some Sparkling Rose for the hot days, some straight Merlot and some
> Reserve Shiraz Viognier for the late afternoon (both served slightly chilled)
> then for the cooler parts of the day/night, we have a range of Cab Savs,
> Shiraz, Cab Merlots, Cab sav/Shiraz/Merlot/Cab Franc's etc.
>
> The good thing about having 20+ cases in the 'cellar', is the range of choice
> :-)
>
> http://i43.tinypic.com/ve87yx.jpg
>

> I even have some whites in there!!
>
> And a couple cases of Chambourcin dessert wine, *very* similar to a port.

That's it. You are definitely on my "must visit" list one of these years
when I can afford to visit Australia. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking
PL PL is offline

Omelet > wrote in
news

> That's it. You are definitely on my "must visit" list one of these years
> when I can afford to visit Australia. ;-)

No sweat.

I'll have plenty of low-carb, and no-carb, beer on hand for you to at least
try....... before we try the wines ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PL > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> news >
>

> > That's it. You are definitely on my "must visit" list one of these years
> > when I can afford to visit Australia. ;-)

> No sweat.
>
> I'll have plenty of low-carb, and no-carb, beer on hand for you to at least
> try....... before we try the wines ;-)

But I don't LIKE beer! ;-p

Thanks anyhoo. <g>
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking
PL PL is offline

Omelet > wrote in
news
>> No sweat.
>>
>> I'll have plenty of low-carb, and no-carb, beer on hand for you to at
>> least try....... before we try the wines ;-)

> But I don't LIKE beer! ;-p
>
> Thanks anyhoo. <g>

Bubbles??

Low carb Bubbles??

http://www.femail.com.au/yellowglen-bubbles.htm

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cranberry juice sucks!

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:49:56 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:49:39 -0500, "Nancy Young"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> nancy (happy with her plain cranberry juice)

>> This thread made me buy cranberry juice. I love it!

>The real stuff or cranberry cocktail? I like cranberries and cranberry
>cocktail but I tried the pure cranberry juice and I have to say that it
>is a little too much even for my cranberry loving taste buds.

Unfortunately, the only thing available around here in the grocery
stores is cranberry juice "cocktail" which everyone I know shortens to
cranberry juice.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PL > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> news >
> >> No sweat.
> >>
> >> I'll have plenty of low-carb, and no-carb, beer on hand for you to at
> >> least try....... before we try the wines ;-)

> > But I don't LIKE beer! ;-p
> >
> > Thanks anyhoo. <g>

> Bubbles??
>
> Low carb Bubbles??
>

> http://www.femail.com.au/yellowglen-bubbles.htm

I'll take sparkling wine any time!
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking
PL PL is offline

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-9DDA50.12331620022009
@news-wc.giganews.com:

>> Bubbles??
>>
>> Low carb Bubbles??
>>

>> http://www.femail.com.au/yellowglen-bubbles.htm

> I'll take sparkling wine any time!

We *always* have more than several cases of bubbles on hand.

The SO is a bubbles girl too........ most times :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.binaries.food

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 21:12:06 +0000 (UTC), in rec.food.cooking, PL wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-9DDA50.12331620022009
> @news-wc.giganews.com:
>

>>> Bubbles??
>>>
>>> Low carb Bubbles??
>>>
>>> http://www.femail.com.au/yellowglen-bubbles.htm

>> I'll take sparkling wine any time!

> We *always* have more than several cases of bubbles on hand.

Cases? Really? Wherever do you store the "cases of bubbles" you have on
hand? That tiny island shack you live in only has 800 square feet.

> The SO is a bubbles girl too........ most times :-)

I'll just be she is. A real "bubbles" type of girl.