Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Romantic Dinner re-post

The following was posted in Feb of 1999.

Enjoy & Happy Valentines day.

Dimitri

The following is not meant to be a challenge but a realistic question
because you probably already have the answer to your own question.

The concept of a romantic dinner and/or romance is very different for a man
than for a woman. You know your husband/boy friend better than anyone else.
Who are
you looking to create the *romantic* environment for? Your husband/boy
friend or you?

If it is him then consider the following;

Step 1 Arrival, have his favorite cocktail/or wine is ready along with a
light something to nibble on - even if it is just rice crackers or peanuts.
Only one!

Step 2. Have a hot bath drawn and waiting and his toiletries laid out
(don't forget to put out the bottle of his (your) favorite cologne), and
something comfortable for him to put on.

While he's taking the bath/or shower and relaxing set the table, light the
candles etc.

Step 3. The dinner should be simple. An appetizer - A shrimp cocktail or
some such thing that he orders when you're eating out, followed by a soup or
a nice fresh salad. The main course should be something that can hold - For
the most part men like beef. How about a Beef Wellington or a Chateau
Briand <sp> a Baked potato and some asparagus in a burnt butter sauce (use
real butter).

Forget the diet for one night.

This is the chance to show you care for him and not how well you can execute
a fancy recipe - save that for your cooking class teacher.

Step 4. The dessert - What does he like - chocolate? No, than how about
some fresh berries and orange sections marinated in a little cream sherry
and orange juice with a sprig of mint served in a Champaign glass?

Step 5. After dinner - get away from the table - leave the dishes. Serve
some Port, Sherry or his favorite after dinner liquor with some fresh apple
slices and a small amount of nice aged cheese. Serve it in the living room
(A fire would be nice if you have a fireplace)

Whoops! don't forget the coffee - Not decaff, you want him to stay awake
don't you? You don't have to go crazy here either. Just regular coffee and
a dab of Amaretto or cognac with a dollop of freshly whipped cream will do
nicely.

Step 6. That's up to you.......

Enjoy.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> The following was posted in Feb of 1999.
>
> Enjoy & Happy Valentines day.
>
> Dimitri
>
> The following is not meant to be a challenge but a realistic question
> because you probably already have the answer to your own question.
>
> The concept of a romantic dinner and/or romance is very different for
> a man than for a woman. You know your husband/boy friend better than
> anyone else. Who are
> you looking to create the *romantic* environment for? Your
> husband/boy friend or you?
>
> If it is him then consider the following;
>
> Step 1 Arrival, have his favorite cocktail/or wine is ready along
> with a light something to nibble on - even if it is just rice
> crackers or peanuts. Only one!
>
> Step 2. Have a hot bath drawn and waiting and his toiletries
> laid out (don't forget to put out the bottle of his (your) favorite
> cologne), and something comfortable for him to put on.
>
> While he's taking the bath/or shower and relaxing set the table,
> light the candles etc.
>
> Step 3. The dinner should be simple. An appetizer - A shrimp
> cocktail or some such thing that he orders when you're eating out,
> followed by a soup or a nice fresh salad. The main course should be
> something that can hold - For the most part men like beef. How about
> a Beef Wellington or a Chateau Briand <sp> a Baked potato and some
> asparagus in a burnt butter sauce (use real butter).
>
> Forget the diet for one night.
>
> This is the chance to show you care for him and not how well you can
> execute a fancy recipe - save that for your cooking class teacher.
>
> Step 4. The dessert - What does he like - chocolate? No, than how
> about some fresh berries and orange sections marinated in a little
> cream sherry and orange juice with a sprig of mint served in a
> Champaign glass?
>
> Step 5. After dinner - get away from the table - leave the dishes.
> Serve some Port, Sherry or his favorite after dinner liquor with some
> fresh apple slices and a small amount of nice aged cheese. Serve it
> in the living room (A fire would be nice if you have a fireplace)
>
> Whoops! don't forget the coffee - Not decaff, you want him to stay
> awake don't you? You don't have to go crazy here either. Just
> regular coffee and a dab of Amaretto or cognac with a dollop of
> freshly whipped cream will do nicely.
>
> Step 6. That's up to you.......

This is the romantic dinner for *him*? (laugh) From the
rice cracker to laying out his toiletries for a bath ... I
guess I never married a guy who would appreciate that.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> Enjoy & Happy Valentines day.
>
> Dimitri
>
> The following is not meant to be a challenge but a realistic question
> because you probably already have the answer to your own question.
>
> The concept of a romantic dinner and/or romance is very different for a
> man
> than for a woman. You know your husband/boy friend better than anyone
> else. Who are you looking to create the *romantic* environment for? Your
> husband/boy friend or you?
>
> If it is him then consider the following;
>
> Step 1 Arrival, have his favorite cocktail/or wine is ready along with a
> light something to nibble on - even if it is just rice crackers or
> peanuts.
> Only one!

As Nancy already commented, this seems more correct if you reverse the
genders.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>
>> Enjoy & Happy Valentines day.
>>
>> Dimitri
>>
>> The following is not meant to be a challenge but a realistic question
>> because you probably already have the answer to your own question.
>>
>> The concept of a romantic dinner and/or romance is very different for a
>> man
>> than for a woman. You know your husband/boy friend better than anyone
>> else. Who are you looking to create the *romantic* environment for? Your
>> husband/boy friend or you?
>>
>> If it is him then consider the following;
>>
>> Step 1 Arrival, have his favorite cocktail/or wine is ready along with a
>> light something to nibble on - even if it is just rice crackers or
>> peanuts.
>> Only one!

> As Nancy already commented, this seems more correct if you reverse the
> genders.
>
> Bob

The original post -question- in 1999 was from a girl/lady asking what to
make and how to prepare a romantic dinner for her SO.

Dimitri