Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanut hearing

This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.
--

modom

Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"modom (palindrome guy)" wrote:

This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.
--

modom

Make me glad I'm not a big peanut fan...
Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:06:18 -0600, "modom (palindrome guy)"
wrote:

This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.

I wonder how much tainted product has been sold and for how long. I
feel that we are seeing only the tip of the iceberg.

My little boys eat peanut butter at least once a day when we are home
from school. They eat peanut butter toast for breakfast or a peanut
butter sandwich for lunch. Some days they eat both. I know that
jarred peanut butter is not yet recalled, but I'm not feeling very
confident.

The fox has been guarding the hen house for too long.

Tara

Old 12-02-2009, 02:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.
--

modom

It's times like that when the Fifth Amendment sucks.

gloria p

Old 12-02-2009, 05:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"modom (palindrome guy)" wrote:

This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.

More interesting to me is this sentence:

"She testified that Peanut Corp. officials said they believed the
salmonella came from organic Chinese peanuts."

That seems like a plausible theory to me. China has recently
emerged as the largest producer of peanuts. "Organic" in Chinese
means "we can't afford chemicals and we use manure for fertilizer".
(If you're lucky, it'll be animal manure.)
Old 12-02-2009, 07:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.
--

modom

It's times like that when the Fifth Amendment sucks.

It's times like that when I think we should emulate China and execute the
perps who foist their economic crimes upon us...

--
Best
Greg

Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Gloria P wrote:

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.
--

modom

It's times like that when the Fifth Amendment sucks.

It's times like that when I think we should emulate China and execute the
perps who foist their economic crimes upon us...

Since there are apparently a number of deaths linked to this apparently
willful shipment of products known to be contaminated, it isn't just an
economic crime.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.
--

modom

That creep has caused other companies soo much harm--and sickened
and even killed innocent people. Yeah...

--
Jean B.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
"modom (palindrome guy)" wrote:
This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.

More interesting to me is this sentence:

"She testified that Peanut Corp. officials said they believed the
salmonella came from organic Chinese peanuts."

That seems like a plausible theory to me. China has recently
emerged as the largest producer of peanuts. "Organic" in Chinese
means "we can't afford chemicals and we use manure for fertilizer".
(If you're lucky, it'll be animal manure.)

Still...

I have pondered the meaning of organic for a long time--and the
what it means when the organic produce (and non-organic produce)
comes from certain areas of the world.

--
Jean B.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Van Chocstraw wrote:
modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.
--

modom

I still eat peanuts and natural peanut butter. It was just another
overblown scare that paralyzed the schizophrenic American consumer.

Yabbut real people died, IRL.

gloria p
Old 12-02-2009, 07:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 12, 11:52*am, "Jean B." wrote:
Mark Thorson wrote:
"modom (palindrome guy)" wrote:
[...]

Jean B.- Hide quoted text -

Off topic, but I want to know what fashion and home designers mean
when they say a design is very organic. Huh?

N.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 12, 8:24*am, Van Chocstraw
wrote:
modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
This is rich:

"[Stewart] Parnell sat stiffly, his hands folded in his lap at the
witness table, as Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., held up a clear jar of his
company's products wrapped in crime scene tape and asked him if he
would be willing to eat the food."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...nella_outbreak

I want to hurt him.
--

modom

I still eat peanuts and natural peanut butter. It was just another
overblown scare that paralyzed the schizophrenic American consumer.

--
//--------------------\\
* * * * Van Chocstraw

Jarred peanut butter doesn't come from that plant.

N.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." wrote in message
Mark Thorson wrote:
"modom (palindrome guy)" wrote:
[...]

Organic and non-organic are the same thing. Because you really don't know if
you buy from a stupidmarket, do you?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 12, 1:56*pm, Nancy2 wrote:

Off topic, but I want to know what fashion and home designers mean
when they say a design is very organic. *Huh?

N.

Possibly one or more of the following (from dictionary.com), perhaps
#13:

7. characterized by the systematic arrangement of parts; organized;
systematic: elements fitting together into a unified, organic whole.
8. of or pertaining to the basic constitution or structure of a thing;
constitutional; structural: The flaws in your writing are too organic
to be easily remedied.
9. developing in a manner analogous to the natural growth and
evolution characteristic of living organisms; arising as a natural
outgrowth.
10. viewing or explaining something as having a growth and development
analogous to that of living organisms: an organic theory of history.
13. Architecture. noting or pertaining to any work of architecture
regarded as analogous to plant or animal forms in having a structure
and a plan that fulfill perfectly the functional requirements for the
building and that form in themselves an intellectually lucid,
integrated whole.
14. Fine Arts. of or pertaining to the shapes or forms in a work of
art that are of irregular contour and seem to resemble or suggest
forms found in nature.

Cindy Hamilton