Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mmmmmmmmmmmm, REC: Valentines Day Cake

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1900...nut+mango+cake

Coconut mango cake

Ingredients (serves 10)

* 125g butter, softened
* 3/4 cup caster sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
* 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 300ml thickened cream
* 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
* 1 medium mango, peeled, finely chopped
*
Passionfruit icing
* 1 cup icing sugar mixture
* 10g butter, melted
* 2 passionfruit, halved

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 6cm-deep, 25cm heart-shaped cake
pan. Line base with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and caster sugar until light
and fluffy. Add eggs. Beat until combined. Add coconut, flour and
buttermilk in 2 batches, stirring after each addition. Pour mixture into
prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into
the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire
rack to cool completely.
3. Make passionfruit icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter
and passionfruit pulp. Stir until icing is smooth and spreadable.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat cream and icing sugar until soft peaks
form. Stir in mango. Cut cake in half crossways. Spread cream mixture over
base. Sandwich with cake top. Spread passionfruit icing over cake top.
Serve.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Valentines Day Mr. Bill[_2_] General Cooking 8 11-02-2009 03:36 PM
Valentines Day Moni Chocolate 0 11-02-2008 03:18 AM
TN: ZH on Valentines DaleW Wine 8 16-02-2007 08:11 PM
Yay, we'll be alone for Valentines! kilikini General Cooking 82 19-02-2005 01:52 PM
Valentines Love Cake Duckie ® Recipes 0 31-01-2004 08:30 PM