Old 09-02-2009, 05:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default To all you smokers.......

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...3-1243,00.html

A LIT cigarette butt, possibly thrown from a passing car or truck, is the
probable cause of the West Bendigo fire that claimed two lives and destroyed
50 homes.

The fire started about 5.30pm on Saturday in a vacant Eaglehawk block, just
1.5km from Bendigo's city centre, 150km northwest of Melbourne.

Between 6pm Saturday and early Sunday morning, residents in Maiden Gully,
California Gully, Long Gully, Eaglehawk and West Bendigo were evacuated, The
Australian reports.

Fifty CFA crews took several hours to bring the blaze under control.

Strike crews spent all of yesterday putting out burning embers, while State
Emergency Service workers and police set up roadblocks to keep the area off-
limits to curious day-trippers.

CFA crews worked through the night trying to save properties and contain new
outbreaks caused by burning embers and changes in wind direction.
Related Coverage

Two people died in the blaze, one in Bendigo and another when a Long Gully
house was destroyed by the fire.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Old 09-02-2009, 05:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas said...

[...]

What a disaster!!! I noticed between yesterday and this morning the death
toll rose by about 30.

The "Victoria Burns" website you provided is great (info-related). The map
is especially useful to get the broader picture.

Best,

Andy
Old 09-02-2009, 11:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote in :

PeterLucas said...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...3-1243,00.html

What a disaster!!! I noticed between yesterday and this morning the

death
toll rose by about 30.

And it just keeps going up :-(

The "Victoria Burns" website you provided is great (info-related). The

map
is especially useful to get the broader picture.

http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/Victoria_fire/index.swf

I have a very good friend who lives at Woodend, just off the M79 to the
North-West of Melbourne. I haven't heard from her since Saturday
evening.... but I know she's busy and doing a good job.

She's a volunteer Firefighter.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas said...

So ****ing what?
Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pearl said...

On Feb 10, 10:15*am, PeterLucas wrote:
Andy wrote :

PeterLucas said...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...3-1243,00.html

What a disaster!!! I noticed between yesterday and this morning the

death
toll rose by about 30.

And it just keeps going up :-(

The "Victoria Burns" website you provided is great (info-related). The

map
is especially useful to get the broader picture.

http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/Victoria_fire/index.swf

I have a very good friend who lives at Woodend, just off the M79 to the
North-West of Melbourne. I haven't heard from her since Saturday
evening.... but I know she's busy and doing a good job.

She's a volunteer Firefighter.

So ****ing what?

Whore troll!!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote in :

Pearl said...

On Feb 10, 10:15*am, PeterLucas wrote:
Andy wrote :

PeterLucas said...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...3-1243,00.html

What a disaster!!! I noticed between yesterday and this morning the
death
toll rose by about 30.

And it just keeps going up :-(

The "Victoria Burns" website you provided is great (info-related).

The
map
is especially useful to get the broader picture.

http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/Victoria_fire/index.swf

I have a very good friend who lives at Woodend, just off the M79 to

the
North-West of Melbourne. I haven't heard from her since Saturday
evening.... but I know she's busy and doing a good job.

She's a volunteer Firefighter.

So ****ing what?

Whore troll!!

No, that's kirkland.

It's a Vietnam POW fraud..... and a Sudan 'humanitarian aid' fraud.

It's just a fraud.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas said...

Andy wrote in :

Pearl said...

On Feb 10, 10:15*am, PeterLucas wrote:
Andy wrote :

PeterLucas said...

[...]

I was driving atop the Malibu hills (Kalifornia) and without thinking
tossed a cigarette but out the window. Maybe 50 feet past, I slammed on the
brakes, backed up and got out and ran back and put out the butt with my
sneakers. There was probably 1,000s of acres of dry straw ready to go up in
blazes as far as the eye could see. I got back to the car shaking at my own
stupidity (Malibu fires were not uncommon). I never tossed another
cigarette butt out of my car since.

I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.

Best,

Andy

Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nice try but your headers betray you as a stalker ~ troll!

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:38:55 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:

Andy wrote in :

Pearl said...

On Feb 10, 10:15*am, PeterLucas wrote:

PeterLucas said...

Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:04:57 -0600, Andy wrote:

I was driving atop the Malibu hills (Kalifornia) and without thinking
tossed a cigarette but out the window. Maybe 50 feet past, I slammed on the
brakes, backed up and got out and ran back and put out the butt with my
sneakers. There was probably 1,000s of acres of dry straw ready to go up in
blazes as far as the eye could see. I got back to the car shaking at my own
stupidity (Malibu fires were not uncommon). I never tossed another
cigarette butt out of my car since.

Good for you. A lot of people would have just shrugged and gone on
their merry way.

I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 9, 7:04*pm, Andy wrote:
PeterLucas said...

Andy wrote :

Pearl said...

On Feb 10, 10:15*am, PeterLucas wrote:
Andy wrote :

PeterLucas said...

[...]

Andy- Hide quoted text -

Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...
Old 11-02-2009, 11:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb said...

Andy wrote :

I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.

Best,

Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

merryb,

I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! VBG

I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).

I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
$4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that much
to kill myself!

As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste AND
smell.

Best,

Andy
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 11, 3:31*pm, Andy wrote:
merryb said...

Andy wrote :
I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.

Best,

Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

merryb,

I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! VBG

I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).

I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
$4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that much
to kill myself!

As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste AND
smell.

Best,

Andy

I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
like with bacon)
Old 11-02-2009, 11:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb said...

On Feb 11, 3:31*pm, Andy wrote:
merryb said...

Andy wrote :
[...]

Birds of a feather? VBG

Andy
Old 14-02-2009, 12:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 3:31 pm, Andy wrote:
merryb said...

Andy wrote :
[...]

I'm 3 days smoke-free today. I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette. I'm on
Chantix. Love the wild dreams. lol

BIG DRUM SMOKERS BDS Beer 0 07-05-2006 03:23 AM
BIG DRUM SMOKERS BDS Wine 0 07-05-2006 03:18 AM
Need help with smokers sithdad Barbecue 11 05-04-2006 03:26 AM
Smokers [email protected] General Cooking 18 15-12-2005 10:55 PM
Smokers RahRah General Cooking 7 20-10-2004 12:04 PM