FoodBanter.com

-   -   To all you smokers....... (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/167936-all-you-smokers.html)

PeterLucas[_5_] 09-02-2009 05:10 PM

To all you smokers.......

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...3-1243,00.html

A LIT cigarette butt, possibly thrown from a passing car or truck, is the
probable cause of the West Bendigo fire that claimed two lives and destroyed
50 homes.

The fire started about 5.30pm on Saturday in a vacant Eaglehawk block, just
1.5km from Bendigo's city centre, 150km northwest of Melbourne.

Between 6pm Saturday and early Sunday morning, residents in Maiden Gully,
California Gully, Long Gully, Eaglehawk and West Bendigo were evacuated, The
Australian reports.

Fifty CFA crews took several hours to bring the blaze under control.

Strike crews spent all of yesterday putting out burning embers, while State
Emergency Service workers and police set up roadblocks to keep the area off-
limits to curious day-trippers.

CFA crews worked through the night trying to save properties and contain new
outbreaks caused by burning embers and changes in wind direction.
Related Coverage

Two people died in the blaze, one in Bendigo and another when a Long Gully
house was destroyed by the fire.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Andy[_15_] 09-02-2009 05:32 PM

To all you smokers.......

PeterLucas said...

> http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...3-1243,00.html
>

> A LIT cigarette butt, possibly thrown from a passing car or truck, is
> the probable cause of the West Bendigo fire that claimed two lives and
> destroyed 50 homes.
>
> The fire started about 5.30pm on Saturday in a vacant Eaglehawk block,
> just 1.5km from Bendigo's city centre, 150km northwest of Melbourne.
>
> Between 6pm Saturday and early Sunday morning, residents in Maiden
> Gully, California Gully, Long Gully, Eaglehawk and West Bendigo were
> evacuated, The Australian reports.
>
> Fifty CFA crews took several hours to bring the blaze under control.
>
> Strike crews spent all of yesterday putting out burning embers, while
> State Emergency Service workers and police set up roadblocks to keep the
> area off- limits to curious day-trippers.
>
> CFA crews worked through the night trying to save properties and contain
> new outbreaks caused by burning embers and changes in wind direction.
> Related Coverage
>
> Two people died in the blaze, one in Bendigo and another when a Long
> Gully house was destroyed by the fire.

PeterL,

What a disaster!!! I noticed between yesterday and this morning the death
toll rose by about 30.

The "Victoria Burns" website you provided is great (info-related). The map
is especially useful to get the broader picture.

Best,

Andy

PeterLucas[_5_] 09-02-2009 11:15 PM

To all you smokers.......

Andy > wrote in :

> PeterLucas said...
>
>> http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...3-1243,00.html
>>

> What a disaster!!! I noticed between yesterday and this morning the

death
> toll rose by about 30.

And it just keeps going up :-(

> The "Victoria Burns" website you provided is great (info-related). The

map
> is especially useful to get the broader picture.

http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/Victoria_fire/index.swf

I have a very good friend who lives at Woodend, just off the M79 to the
North-West of Melbourne. I haven't heard from her since Saturday
evening.... but I know she's busy and doing a good job.

She's a volunteer Firefighter.

Pearl 09-02-2009 11:33 PM

To all you smokers.......

So ****ing what?

Andy[_15_] 10-02-2009 12:09 AM

To all you smokers.......

Pearl said...

> On Feb 10, 10:15*am, PeterLucas > wrote:
>> Andy > wrote :
>>

>> > PeterLucas said...

>> > What a disaster!!! I noticed between yesterday and this morning the

>> death
>> > toll rose by about 30.

>> And it just keeps going up :-(
>>

>> > The "Victoria Burns" website you provided is great (info-related). The

>> map
>> > is especially useful to get the broader picture.

>> http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/Victoria_fire/index.swf
>>
>> I have a very good friend who lives at Woodend, just off the M79 to the
>> North-West of Melbourne. I haven't heard from her since Saturday
>> evening.... but I know she's busy and doing a good job.
>>
>> She's a volunteer Firefighter.

> So ****ing what?

Whore troll!!

PeterLucas[_5_] 10-02-2009 12:38 AM

To all you smokers.......

Andy > wrote in :

> Pearl said...

>>> death
>>>
>>> And it just keeps going up :-(

The
>>> map
>>>
>>> http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/Victoria_fire/index.swf
>>>
>>> I have a very good friend who lives at Woodend, just off the M79 to

the
>>> North-West of Melbourne. I haven't heard from her since Saturday
>>> evening.... but I know she's busy and doing a good job.
>>>
>>> She's a volunteer Firefighter.

>> So ****ing what?

> Whore troll!!

No, that's kirkland.

It's a Vietnam POW fraud..... and a Sudan 'humanitarian aid' fraud.

It's just a fraud.

Andy[_15_] 10-02-2009 03:04 AM

To all you smokers.......

PeterLucas said...

> Andy > wrote in :
>
>> Pearl said...

> The

> the

>>> So ****ing what?

>> Whore troll!!
>>

> No, that's kirkland.
>
> It's a Vietnam POW fraud..... and a Sudan 'humanitarian aid' fraud.
>

> It's just a fraud.

PeterL,

I was driving atop the Malibu hills (Kalifornia) and without thinking
tossed a cigarette but out the window. Maybe 50 feet past, I slammed on the
brakes, backed up and got out and ran back and put out the butt with my
sneakers. There was probably 1,000s of acres of dry straw ready to go up in
blazes as far as the eye could see. I got back to the car shaking at my own
stupidity (Malibu fires were not uncommon). I never tossed another
cigarette butt out of my car since.

I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.

Best,

Andy

PeterLucas[_5_] 10-02-2009 03:17 AM

To all you smokers.......

Andy > wrote in :

> I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.

Well done Andy.

Tammy[_2_] 10-02-2009 04:33 AM

To all you smokers.......

Nice try but your headers betray you as a stalker ~ troll!

Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] 11-02-2009 10:35 PM

To all you smokers.......

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:04:57 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>I was driving atop the Malibu hills (Kalifornia) and without thinking
>tossed a cigarette but out the window. Maybe 50 feet past, I slammed on the
>brakes, backed up and got out and ran back and put out the butt with my
>sneakers. There was probably 1,000s of acres of dry straw ready to go up in
>blazes as far as the eye could see. I got back to the car shaking at my own
>stupidity (Malibu fires were not uncommon). I never tossed another
>cigarette butt out of my car since.

Good for you. A lot of people would have just shrugged and gone on
their merry way.

>I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

merryb 11-02-2009 11:21 PM

To all you smokers.......

On Feb 9, 7:04*pm, Andy > wrote:
> PeterLucas said...
>

> > Andy > wrote :

> >> Pearl said...

> > The

> > the

> >> Whore troll!!

> > No, that's kirkland.

> > It's a Vietnam POW fraud..... and a Sudan 'humanitarian aid' fraud.

> > It's just a fraud.

> PeterL,
>
> I was driving atop the Malibu hills (Kalifornia) and without thinking
> tossed a cigarette but out the window. Maybe 50 feet past, I slammed on the
> brakes, backed up and got out and ran back and put out the butt with my
> sneakers. There was probably 1,000s of acres of dry straw ready to go up in
> blazes as far as the eye could see. I got back to the car shaking at my own
> stupidity (Malibu fires were not uncommon). I never tossed another
> cigarette butt out of my car since.
>
> I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy- Hide quoted text -

Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

Andy[_15_] 11-02-2009 11:31 PM

To all you smokers.......

merryb said...

>> > Andy > wrote :

>> I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.
>>
>> Best,

> Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
> weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
> metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

merryb,

I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>

I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).

I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
$4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that much
to kill myself!

As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste AND
smell.

Best,

Andy

merryb 11-02-2009 11:37 PM

To all you smokers.......

On Feb 11, 3:31*pm, Andy > wrote:
> merryb said...

> >> I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.

> >> Best,

> > Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
> > weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
> > metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

> merryb,
>
> I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>
>
> I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).
>
> I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
> $4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that much
> to kill myself!
>
> As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste AND
> smell.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
like with bacon) :)

Andy[_15_] 11-02-2009 11:43 PM

To all you smokers.......

merryb said...

> On Feb 11, 3:31*pm, Andy > wrote:
>> merryb said...

>> > Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
>> > weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
>> > metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

>> merryb,
>>
>> I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>
>>
>> I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).
>>
>> I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
>> $4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that

much
>> to kill myself!
>>
>> As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste

AND
>> smell.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
> different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
> like with bacon) :)

Birds of a feather? <VBG>

Andy

Cheryl[_5_] 14-02-2009 12:32 AM

To all you smokers.......

"merryb" > wrote in message
On Feb 11, 3:31 pm, Andy > wrote:
> merryb said...

> >> I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.

> >> Best,

> > Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
> > weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
> > metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

> merryb,
>
> I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>
>
> I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).
>
> I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
> $4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that much
> to kill myself!
>
> As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste AND
> smell.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
like with bacon) :)

=====================================

I'm 3 days smoke-free today. I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette. I'm on
Chantix. Love the wild dreams. lol

Andy[_15_] 14-02-2009 04:39 AM

To all you smokers.......

Cheryl said...

> "merryb" > wrote in message
> On Feb 11, 3:31 pm, Andy > wrote:
>> merryb said...

>> > Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
>> > weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
>> > metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

>> merryb,
>>
>> I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>
>>
>> I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).
>>
>> I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
>> $4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that
>> much to kill myself!
>>
>> As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste
>> AND smell.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
> different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
> like with bacon) :)
>
> =====================================
>
> I'm 3 days smoke-free today. I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
> could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette.
> I'm on Chantix. Love the wild dreams. lol

Cheryl,

Great! So today IS your lucky day!!! :)))

I can say with some certainty that giving up smoking will DRIVE YOU UP THE
WALL with nerves!

Cigarettes are a powerful addiction, I know you know! No different, to a
degree than quitting heroin.

I psyched (lied to) myself up with a "I've never smoked before, why start
now?" mantra.

Congratulations on your three smoke free days!

Best,

Andy

Cheryl[_5_] 14-02-2009 10:04 PM

To all you smokers.......

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> Cheryl said...
>

>> "merryb" > wrote in message
>> On Feb 11, 3:31 pm, Andy > wrote:
>>> merryb said...

>>> merryb,
>>>
>>> I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>
>>>
>>> I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).
>>>
>>> I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
>>> $4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that
>>> much to kill myself!
>>>
>>> As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste
>>> AND smell.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
>> different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
>> like with bacon) :)
>>
>> =====================================
>>
>> I'm 3 days smoke-free today. I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
>> could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette.
>> I'm on Chantix. Love the wild dreams. lol

> Cheryl,
>
> Great! So today IS your lucky day!!! :)))
>
> I can say with some certainty that giving up smoking will DRIVE YOU UP THE
> WALL with nerves!
>
> Cigarettes are a powerful addiction, I know you know! No different, to a
> degree than quitting heroin.
>
> I psyched (lied to) myself up with a "I've never smoked before, why start
> now?" mantra.
>
> Congratulations on your three smoke free days!

Thanks. Day 4 and still not smoking. Yay me! :))

Cheryl (who won't be making this a daily count)

Andy[_15_] 14-02-2009 10:25 PM

To all you smokers.......

Cheryl said...

216.196.97.131...

@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com...

>>> I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
>>> different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
>>> like with bacon) :)
>>>
>>> =====================================
>>>
>>> I'm 3 days smoke-free today. I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
>>> could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette.
>>> I'm on Chantix. Love the wild dreams. lol

>> Cheryl,
>>
>> Great! So today IS your lucky day!!! :)))
>>
>> I can say with some certainty that giving up smoking will DRIVE YOU UP

THE
>> WALL with nerves!
>>
>> Cigarettes are a powerful addiction, I know you know! No different, to a
>> degree than quitting heroin.
>>
>> I psyched (lied to) myself up with a "I've never smoked before, why

start
>> now?" mantra.
>>
>> Congratulations on your three smoke free days!
>>

> Thanks. Day 4 and still not smoking. Yay me! :))
>
> Cheryl (who won't be making this a daily count)

Cheryl,

Just note the day and date and time you gave up smoking, to look back on.

Best,

Andy
September 1st, 2004, 10:00am, Wednesday

maxine in ri 14-02-2009 10:40 PM

To all you smokers.......

On Feb 14, 5:25*pm, Andy > wrote:
> Cheryl said...
>

> > "Andy" > wrote in message news:Xns9BB1F03EAE10ACotD@

> 216.196.97.131...
> >> Cheryl said...

> @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com...

> >> Cheryl,

> >> Great! So today IS your lucky day!!! :)))

> >> I can say with some certainty that giving up smoking will DRIVE YOU UP

> THE
> >> WALL with nerves!

> >> Cigarettes are a powerful addiction, I know you know! No different, to a
> >> degree than quitting heroin.

> >> I psyched (lied to) myself up with a "I've never smoked before, why

> start
> >> now?" mantra.

> >> Congratulations on your three smoke free days!

> > Thanks. *Day 4 and still not smoking. *Yay me! *:))

> > Cheryl (who won't be making this a daily count)

> Cheryl,
>
> Just note the day and date and time you gave up smoking, to look back on.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy
> September 1st, 2004, 10:00am, Wednesday

I don't remember the date or time, just that it was when my DD was
small and I realized I didn't have the will to not smoke around her.
It's been around 13-14 years...

OB Food: Food sure tastes different now!

maxine in ri

Andy[_15_] 14-02-2009 10:59 PM

To all you smokers.......

maxine in ri said...

> On Feb 14, 5:25*pm, Andy > wrote:
>> Cheryl said...
>>

>> > "Andy" > wrote in message news:Xns9BB1F03EAE10ACotD@

>> 216.196.97.131...

>> @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com...

216.196.97.131
>:

gai

that

tast

als

> =============>

> ut I

UP
>> THE

>> start

>> > Thanks. *Day 4 and still not smoking. *Yay me! *:))

>> > Cheryl (who won't be making this a daily count)

>> Cheryl,
>>
>> Just note the day and date and time you gave up smoking, to look back

on.

>> Best,
>>
>> Andy
>> September 1st, 2004, 10:00am, Wednesday

> I don't remember the date or time, just that it was when my DD was
> small and I realized I didn't have the will to not smoke around her.
> It's been around 13-14 years...
>
> OB Food: Food sure tastes different now!
>
> maxine in ri

maxine in ri,

I visited my boss at work for lunch and he asked me if I'd given up
smoking. I said I had but had to ask, "Why did you ask?" He responded, I
couldn't smell it!

Who knew? NOBODY TOLD ME!!! DAMMIT!

Best,

Andy

cybercat 14-02-2009 11:38 PM

To all you smokers.......

"Cheryl" > wrote
> Thanks. Day 4 and still not smoking. Yay me! :))

YAY you! You can do it.

Andy[_15_] 15-02-2009 12:04 AM

To all you smokers.......

cybercat said...

> "Cheryl" > wrote
>> Thanks. Day 4 and still not smoking. Yay me! :))
>>

> YAY you! You can do it.

YAY WE!!!

In the Progressive Insurance brunette airhead way!

Andy

cybercat 15-02-2009 01:03 AM

To all you smokers.......

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> cybercat said...
>

>> "Cheryl" > wrote
>>> Thanks. Day 4 and still not smoking. Yay me! :))
>>>

>> YAY you! You can do it.

> YAY WE!!!

Yes, indeed. :)

Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] 15-02-2009 01:10 AM

To all you smokers.......

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:03:23 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> cybercat said...
>>

>>> "Cheryl" > wrote
>>>>
>>> YAY you! You can do it.

>> YAY WE!!!
>>

>Yes, indeed. :)

I'm proud of all of ya!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

maxine in ri 15-02-2009 03:59 AM

To all you smokers.......

On Feb 13, 7:32*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:

> I'm 3 days smoke-free today. *I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
> could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette. *I'm on
> Chantix. *Love the wild dreams. lol

You go girl! They do say that along with whatever aids you use, a
class that helps you recognize the habits that go with smoking (the
tapping of the pack, the holding of the cigarette, the lighting, etc.)
will help you stay quit. Some folks can do without those, but they're
of sterner stuff than I.

maxine in ri

maxine in ri 15-02-2009 04:01 AM

To all you smokers.......

On Feb 14, 5:59*pm, Andy > wrote:
> maxine in ri said...
>

> > On Feb 14, 5:25*pm, Andy > wrote:
> >> Cheryl said...

> >> 216.196.97.131...

> >> @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com...

> 216.196.97.131
> >:

> gai

> that

> tast

> als

> > =============>

> > ut I

> UP
> >> THE

> > *a

> >> start

> >> Cheryl,

> >> Just note the day and date and time you gave up smoking, to look back

> on.
>
> >> Best,

> >> Andy
> >> September 1st, 2004, 10:00am, Wednesday

> > I don't remember the date or time, just that it was when my DD was
> > small and I realized I didn't have the will to not smoke around her.
> > It's been around 13-14 years...

> > OB Food: *Food sure tastes different now!

> > maxine in ri

> maxine in ri,
>
> I visited my boss at work for lunch and he asked me if I'd given up
> smoking. I said I had but had to ask, "Why did you ask?" He responded, I
> couldn't smell it!
>
> Who knew? NOBODY TOLD ME!!! DAMMIT!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

I couldn't stand the way _I_ smelled when I smoked. As my fiance, now
husband put it: it's like kissing an ashtray.

maxine in ri

Mike[_2_] 15-02-2009 07:29 AM

To all you smokers.......

"Cheryl" > wrote in message

> "Andy" > wrote in message
>> Cheryl said...

>>> I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
>>> different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
>>> like with bacon) :)
>>>
>>> =====================================
>>>
>>> I'm 3 days smoke-free today. I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
>>> could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette.
>>> I'm on Chantix. Love the wild dreams. lol

>> Cheryl,
>>
>> Great! So today IS your lucky day!!! :)))
>>
>> I can say with some certainty that giving up smoking will DRIVE YOU UP
>> THE
>> WALL with nerves!
>>
>> Cigarettes are a powerful addiction, I know you know! No different, to a
>> degree than quitting heroin.
>>
>> I psyched (lied to) myself up with a "I've never smoked before, why start
>> now?" mantra.
>>
>> Congratulations on your three smoke free days!
>>

> Thanks. Day 4 and still not smoking. Yay me! :))
>
> Cheryl (who won't be making this a daily count)

Its hard to remember how long ago I quit, 10 years maybe. Nice fresh black
Licorice seemed to help take the edge off of a Nicotine Craving

Andy[_15_] 15-02-2009 10:47 AM

To all you smokers.......

maxine in ri said...

> On Feb 13, 7:32*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
>
>> I'm 3 days smoke-free today. *I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
>> could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette. *I

> 'm on
>> Chantix. *Love the wild dreams. lol

> You go girl! They do say that along with whatever aids you use, a
> class that helps you recognize the habits that go with smoking (the
> tapping of the pack, the holding of the cigarette, the lighting, etc.)
> will help you stay quit. Some folks can do without those, but they're
> of sterner stuff than I.
>
> maxine in ri

maxine in ri,

Yep!!! For probably three months without (consciously) thinking, I'd reach
for a pack of cigs that weren't there. Just going through the motions IS a
part of the addiction. DROVE ME UP THE WALL!!! more times than I care to
remember.

Best,

Andy

Bobo Bonobo® 15-02-2009 11:31 AM

To all you smokers.......

On Feb 13, 6:32*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
> "merryb" > wrote in message

> On Feb 11, 3:31 pm, Andy > wrote:
>

> > merryb said...

> > > Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
> > > weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
> > > metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

> > merryb,

> > I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>

> > I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).

> > I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
> > $4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that much
> > to kill myself!

> > As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste AND
> > smell.

> > Best,

> > Andy

> I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
> different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
> like with bacon) :)
>
> =====================================
>
> I'm 3 days smoke-free today. *I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
> could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette. *I'm on
> Chantix. *Love the wild dreams. lol

I wonder how easy/expensive Chantix is to buy illicitly. I quit
smoking completely several years ago, but the trippy dream thing
sounds interesting.

--Bryan

Omelet[_7_] 15-02-2009 12:08 PM

To all you smokers.......

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On Feb 13, 6:32*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
> > "merryb" > wrote in message

> > On Feb 11, 3:31 pm, Andy > wrote:
> >

> > > merryb said...

> > > merryb,

> > > I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>

> > > I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).

> > > I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
> > > $4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that much
> > > to kill myself!

> > > As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste AND
> > > smell.

> > > Best,

> > > Andy

> > I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
> > different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
> > like with bacon) :)
> >
> > =====================================
> >
> > I'm 3 days smoke-free today. *I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
> > could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette. *I'm on
> > Chantix. *Love the wild dreams. lol

> I wonder how easy/expensive Chantix is to buy illicitly. I quit
> smoking completely several years ago, but the trippy dream thing
> sounds interesting.
>
> --Bryan

Melatonin will give you wild dreams...
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

Kathleen[_4_] 15-02-2009 12:50 PM

To all you smokers.......

Omelet wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

>>I wonder how easy/expensive Chantix is to buy illicitly. I quit
>>smoking completely several years ago, but the trippy dream thing
>>sounds interesting.
>>
>>--Bryan

> Melatonin will give you wild dreams...

Oh yeah. 6 mg is enough to make you wake up the next day going, "Wow.
I wonder where THAT came from? Seriously, WTF?"

Nancy Young[_2_] 15-02-2009 01:06 PM

To all you smokers.......

Kathleen wrote:
> Omelet wrote:

>> Melatonin will give you wild dreams...

> Oh yeah. 6 mg is enough to make you wake up the next day going, "Wow.
> I wonder where THAT came from? Seriously, WTF?"

After one night I decided a good night's sleep wasn't worth
being rattled and upset the entire next day. Those are
some disturbed dreams.

nancy

Omelet[_7_] 15-02-2009 01:08 PM

To all you smokers.......

In article >,
Kathleen > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> >>I wonder how easy/expensive Chantix is to buy illicitly. I quit
> >>smoking completely several years ago, but the trippy dream thing
> >>sounds interesting.
> >>
> >>--Bryan

> > Melatonin will give you wild dreams...

> Oh yeah. 6 mg is enough to make you wake up the next day going, "Wow.
> I wonder where THAT came from? Seriously, WTF?"

<lol> Great stuff isn't it? :-)

Omelet[_7_] 15-02-2009 01:26 PM

To all you smokers.......

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Kathleen wrote:
> > Omelet wrote:

> >> Melatonin will give you wild dreams...

> > Oh yeah. 6 mg is enough to make you wake up the next day going, "Wow.
> > I wonder where THAT came from? Seriously, WTF?"

> After one night I decided a good night's sleep wasn't worth
> being rattled and upset the entire next day. Those are
> some disturbed dreams.
>
> nancy

<lol> I LIKE Melatonin. The dreams, to me, are only weird, never
traumatic. :-)

Dave W[_2_] 15-02-2009 01:43 PM

To all you smokers.......

In article .com>,
"Mike" > wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Thanks. Day 4 and still not smoking. Yay me! :))
> >
> > Cheryl (who won't be making this a daily count)
> >

> Its hard to remember how long ago I quit, 10 years maybe. Nice fresh black
> Licorice seemed to help take the edge off of a Nicotine Craving

That is rather interesting. Yesterday _was_ my 10th anniversary.

Oh, and Cheryl, good for you! You can do it!

Smoke-free in the Ozarks,

Dave W.

Smobriety comes to: 10Y 0M 0W 1D 0H 56Mns

Andy[_15_] 15-02-2009 01:49 PM

To all you smokers.......

Omelet said...

> In article >,
> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>> Kathleen wrote:

>> > Oh yeah. 6 mg is enough to make you wake up the next day going, "Wow.
>> > I wonder where THAT came from? Seriously, WTF?"

>> After one night I decided a good night's sleep wasn't worth
>> being rattled and upset the entire next day. Those are
>> some disturbed dreams.
>>
>> nancy

> <lol> I LIKE Melatonin. The dreams, to me, are only weird, never
> traumatic. :-)

Why dream when you can MDMA?

Only if you DON'T know what's good for you.

Andy
College Experi-mental

Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] 15-02-2009 02:16 PM

To all you smokers.......

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 03:31:19 -0800 (PST), Bobo Bonobo®
> wrote:

>I wonder how easy/expensive Chantix is to buy illicitly. I quit
>smoking completely several years ago, but the trippy dream thing
>sounds interesting.

It can also make you suicidal. That's why Crash had to stop using it.
I wouldn't touch that stuff with a ten-foot pole.

There's a prescription sleep aid that will make you dream vividly, and
in color. But I'm not gonna get myself in trouble for posting what it
is.

Carol. doesn't play a doctor anywhere

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

Kathleen[_4_] 15-02-2009 02:20 PM

To all you smokers.......

Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> Kathleen > wrote:
>

>>Omelet wrote:
>>
>>>In article
>,

>>>Melatonin will give you wild dreams...

>>Oh yeah. 6 mg is enough to make you wake up the next day going, "Wow.
>>I wonder where THAT came from? Seriously, WTF?"

> <lol> Great stuff isn't it? :-)

I'm not traumatized by the content, just somewhat weirded out. What
bugs me is the falling thing... I can deal with it once or twice per
night but jolting awake a half dozen times is unacceptable, even if I
can fall back asleep immediately.

ChattyCathy 15-02-2009 02:30 PM

To all you smokers.......

Omelet wrote:

> <lol> I LIKE Melatonin. The dreams, to me, are only weird, never
> traumatic. :-)

OK, I had to google for this. Interesting. But as usual the first thing
I looked for were the possible side effects...

http://www.melatonin.com/melatonin-faq-general.php

<quote>

"Side effects from taking melatonin may include changes in blood
vessels that may affect blood flow, reduced sperm count, and lowering
of the body's temperature (hypothermia). These side effects go away
when you stop taking melatonin. Other reversible side effects may
include stomach problems, headache, depression, morning grogginess, and
vivid dreams." (WebMD®)

</quote>

Although you don't have worry about the 'reduced sperm count' in your
case <vbg> the others sound a bit off-putting to me, to say the least.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Chris[_22_] 15-02-2009 02:31 PM

To all you smokers.......

"Kathleen" > wrote in message
> Omelet wrote:
>
> I'm not traumatized by the content, just somewhat weirded out. What bugs
> me is the falling thing... I can deal with it once or twice per night but
> jolting awake a half dozen times is unacceptable, even if I can fall back
> asleep immediately.

nocturnal jerks. they are bizarre.
--
Chris