Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default To all you smokers.......

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote
> There's a prescription sleep aid that will make you dream vividly, and
> in color. But I'm not gonna get myself in trouble for posting what it
> is.

Vitamin B-six gives you total dream recall in high enough quantities. That's
enough for me, my dreams are weird enough already. This is actually the
major sign of B6 "overdose" aside from tingling in the extremities.
(Neuropathy.) It's totally reversable, of course.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:59:29 -0800 (PST), maxine in ri wrote:

> On Feb 13, 7:32*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
>
>> I'm 3 days smoke-free today. *I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
>> could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette. *I'm on
>> Chantix. *Love the wild dreams. lol

> You go girl! They do say that along with whatever aids you use, a
> class that helps you recognize the habits that go with smoking (the
> tapping of the pack, the holding of the cigarette, the lighting, etc.)
> will help you stay quit. Some folks can do without those, but they're
> of sterner stuff than I.
>
> maxine in ri

do any of you pre-codgers remember 'the national smoking test' broadcast on
c.b.s. in the late sixties? it went into the rituals, cues, and all that.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> Totally amazed me when I found out that not everyone dreams in
> color...

Never knew that. I always dream in color.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-02-15, Christine Dabney > wrote:

> I have always dreamt vividly and in vibrant color. Never had to take
> anything to do it either..I just did it.
>
> Totally amazed me when I found out that not everyone dreams in
> color...

Heck, I dream in technicolor, full stereo, and actually wake up in a sweat if
dream sequence involves physical exertion. Those not doing so are typically
on some sort of mind altering chemical. Booze, pot, etc, will kill your
dreaming completely. A good dream is proof of a good sleep.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob said...

> On 2009-02-15, Christine Dabney > wrote:
>
>> I have always dreamt vividly and in vibrant color. Never had to take
>> anything to do it either..I just did it.
>>
>> Totally amazed me when I found out that not everyone dreams in
>> color...

> Heck, I dream in technicolor, full stereo, and actually wake up in a
> sweat if dream sequence involves physical exertion. Those not doing so
> are typically on some sort of mind altering chemical. Booze, pot, etc,
> will kill your dreaming completely. A good dream is proof of a good
> sleep.
>
> nb

I know I dream in color because my worst nightmare was me fetching a
baseball. I had to walk houses away and walk into a neighbor's yard when a
heck of an evil dog with red eyes came out of nowhere and growled at me. I
was surely going to die if I didn't wake up!!!

Was a recurring dream for awhile.

Those glowing red eyes!!!

Now I dream of guacamole and chips, mac & cheese and "stuff"!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote
> > There's a prescription sleep aid that will make you dream vividly, and
> > in color. But I'm not gonna get myself in trouble for posting what it
> > is.
> >

> Vitamin B-six gives you total dream recall in high enough quantities.

That's
> enough for me, my dreams are weird enough already. This is actually the
> major sign of B6 "overdose" aside from tingling in the extremities.
> (Neuropathy.) It's totally reversable, of course.

I had a dream the other night that I was at my grandfather's house (he died
in 1965) having dinner with blake and Sheldon...

I am *not* making this up...

Last night I had a dream that me and some friends were at a swank restaurant
having dinner with the Obamas...

The mind can be a very *wierd* thing, cyberkittie...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:42:08 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>I had a dream the other night that I was at my grandfather's house (he died
>in 1965) having dinner with blake and Sheldon...

Hey, what were they like in person??

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:42:08 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> > wrote:
>
> >I had a dream the other night that I was at my grandfather's house (he

died
> >in 1965) having dinner with blake and Sheldon...

> Hey, what were they like in person??

Great, and Sheldon brought the stuff to make dinner...don't recall what it
was, though.

;-p

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
m...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote
>> > There's a prescription sleep aid that will make you dream vividly, and
>> > in color. But I'm not gonna get myself in trouble for posting what it
>> > is.
>> >

>> Vitamin B-six gives you total dream recall in high enough quantities.

> That's
>> enough for me, my dreams are weird enough already. This is actually the
>> major sign of B6 "overdose" aside from tingling in the extremities.
>> (Neuropathy.) It's totally reversable, of course.

> I had a dream the other night that I was at my grandfather's house (he
> died
> in 1965) having dinner with blake and Sheldon...
>
> I am *not* making this up...
>
> Last night I had a dream that me and some friends were at a swank
> restaurant
> having dinner with the Obamas...
>
> The mind can be a very *wierd* thing, cyberkittie...!!!

And thank goodness it is, or life would be so boring.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:11:47 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>I have always dreamt vividly and in vibrant color.

Howdy,

The notion of dreaming "in color" has always intrigued me...

Dreams are mental, rather than visual, phenomena.

It would make more sense to say that you "dream about color"
because color is, in a sense, (part of) the topic of the
dream rather than being a characteristic of the experience
of the dream itself.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 16:19:16 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:42:08 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I had a dream the other night that I was at my grandfather's house (he

>died
>> >in 1965) having dinner with blake and Sheldon...

>> Hey, what were they like in person??

>Great, and Sheldon brought the stuff to make dinner...don't recall what it
>was, though.
>
>;-p

I'm guessing freshly ground beef.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter > wrote in news:92b56c6b-b816-41aa-
:

From: Peter >

From: Nerelle Graham >

From: Pearl >

From: PeterL >

From: russell >

From: Ruth M Grealy >

From: sandy >

From: Pomeroy >

From: Paul Hunt >

From: Ms Moon >

From: Paul Struber >

From: Peter Lucas >

From: PeterLucas >

From: Peter Lucas >

From: Naomi de Moraes >

From: Bayonet >

From: SLR >

From: grenade >

From: PLucas >

From: Paul Struber >

From: shrinking violet >

From: Walter >

From: MacGaycant >

From: Paul Struber >

From: Richard Burns >

From: Cole Kutz >

From: Harry Balzac >

From: "Lucas (Coward)" >

From: Peter Lucas >

From: Fugly Ruth >

From: David Shaw >

From: Peter Lucas >

From: Peter-Lucas >

From: PeterL >

From: Richard Burns >

From: SaraS >

From: Harry Balzac >

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"Life is not like a box of chocolates... it's more like a jar of
jalapenos. What you do today... might burn your ass tomorrow."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy > wrote in news:MKXll.3518$i42.2960
@newsfe17.iad:

> Never knew that. I always dream in color.

Same same.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"Life is not like a box of chocolates... it's more like a jar of jalapenos.
What you do today... might burn your ass tomorrow."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I've always heard that if you dream in color, you know you dream it
color.....
I guess I don't.

I do dream almost every night though and had vivid dreams when I wore
the nicotine patches to quit smoking. So vivid in fact that I removed
them before bedtime to get a better night's sleep.

Good luck with the smoking cessation....it's worth it in the long haul.

Libby

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 13, 4:32*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
> "merryb" > wrote in message

> On Feb 11, 3:31 pm, Andy > wrote:
>

> > merryb said...

> > > Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
> > > weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
> > > metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

> > merryb,

> > I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>

> > I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).

> > I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
> > $4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that much
> > to kill myself!

> > As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste AND
> > smell.

> > Best,

> > Andy

> I tried the gum, which worked well, but then I realized it was just a
> different monkey on my back, so I went cold turkey, also (which I also
> like with bacon)

> I'm 3 days smoke-free today. *I've been trying since Dec to quit, but I
> could never get through one whole day without smoking ONE cigarette. *I'm on
> Chantix. *Love the wild dreams. lol- Hide quoted text -

Excellent- you can do it!

BIG DRUM SMOKERS BDS Beer 0 07-05-2006 03:23 AM
BIG DRUM SMOKERS BDS Wine 0 07-05-2006 03:18 AM
Need help with smokers sithdad Barbecue 11 05-04-2006 03:26 AM
Smokers [email protected] General Cooking 18 15-12-2005 11:55 PM
Smokers RahRah General Cooking 7 20-10-2004 12:04 PM