Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cannabis

I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused by
smoking tobacco.
The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in oxygen
and get rid of carbondioxide.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ted" > wrote in message
>I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
> by smoking tobacco.
> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in oxygen
> and get rid of carbondioxide.

Do most people smoke 20+ joints per day?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dejablues" > wrote in
:

> "Ted" > wrote in message

> Do most people smoke 20+ joints per day?

Please don't feed the trolls.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 7, 1:32*pm, PeterL > wrote:
> "dejablues" > wrote :
>

> > "Ted" > wrote in message

> > Do most people smoke 20+ joints per day?

> Please don't feed the trolls.
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.
>
> Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Now we know what Lucas does for his welfare payment....he hunts trolls.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dejablues wrote:
> "Ted" > wrote in message
>> I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
>> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
>> by smoking tobacco.
>> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
>> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in oxygen
>> and get rid of carbondioxide.

> Do most people smoke 20+ joints per day?

Maybe not "most", but I knew a of few, back in the day...

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 02:08:16 GMT, "Ted" > shouted
from the highest rooftop:

>I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
>Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused by
>smoking tobacco.
>The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
>Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in oxygen
>and get rid of carbondioxide.

Then, why (to make it on-topic) don't you cook with it. Cannabis
cookies can be very enjoyable ... I understand.

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bob" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 02:08:16 GMT, "Ted" > shouted
> from the highest rooftop:
>
>>I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
>>Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
>>by
>>smoking tobacco.
>>The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
>>Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in oxygen
>>and get rid of carbondioxide.

> Then, why (to make it on-topic) don't you cook with it. Cannabis
> cookies can be very enjoyable ... I understand.

Yeah I've had Cannabis cookies and they were too strong.
I lay on the couch and laughed for an hour or two.
Also I found it a bit disconcerting that there appeared to be a time delay
between my brain and my body. Cannabis smokers have told me that it is
better smoking it.
I can't inhale cigarette smoke.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 02:08:16 +0000, Ted wrote:

> I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.

That is if you smoke it.
There is no reason at all why it cannot be eaten in one form or the
other. People who dislike smoking it make cookies, cakes, or whatever.

> Also,
> about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused by
> smoking tobacco.
> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in
> oxygen and get rid of carbondioxide.

Like I said...

--
"Some days we don't let the line move at all. We call those weekdays"
Patty and Selma Bouvier, 1996
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 06:05:57 +0000, Ted wrote:

> "bob" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 02:08:16 GMT, "Ted" > shouted
>> from the highest rooftop:
>>
>>>I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco. Also,
>>>about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused by
>>>smoking tobacco.
>>>The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
>>>Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in
>>>oxygen and get rid of carbondioxide.

>> Then, why (to make it on-topic) don't you cook with it. Cannabis
>> cookies can be very enjoyable ... I understand.
>>

> Yeah I've had Cannabis cookies and they were too strong. I lay on the
> couch and laughed for an hour or two. Also I found it a bit
> disconcerting that there appeared to be a time delay between my brain
> and my body. Cannabis smokers have told me that it is better smoking it.
> I can't inhale cigarette smoke.

You do get a different effect when eating vs. smoking Cannabis.

Eating it produces more of a 'body stone' and lasts longer, whereas
smoking it hits you quicker, wears off quicker, but gives you a more
cerebral high. As you've found, it's important to get the dose right when
eating it

--
"Some days we don't let the line move at all. We call those weekdays"
Patty and Selma Bouvier, 1996
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted said...

> I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
> by smoking tobacco.
> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in
> oxygen and get rid of carbondioxide.

Ted,

Try this sometime...

In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter and a
handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!), gently stirring constantly until
boiling. Remove leaves, squeezing the oils back into the pan, reduce to
simmering and add a packet of instant oatmeal and cook until done.

Sweet dreams!

See ya tomorrow!!!

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ted" > wrote in message
>I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
> by smoking tobacco.
> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in oxygen
> and get rid of carbondioxide.

Not according to the latest medical studies..

They actually claim it prevents lung cancer.

Stop spreading FUD. No one is forcing you to toke.

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...00902052309411

http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/new...to-lung-cancer

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zara" > wrote in message

> "Ted" > wrote in message
>>I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
>> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
>> by smoking tobacco.
>> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
>> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in
>> oxygen and get rid of carbondioxide.

> Not according to the latest medical studies..
>
> They actually claim it prevents lung cancer.
>
> Stop spreading FUD. No one is forcing you to toke.
>
> http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...00902052309411
>
> http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/new...to-lung-cancer

Perhaps not cancer but cannabis joints damage lungs more than tobacco -
study

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...dalcohol.drugs

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0123104017.htm

http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm
How does marijuana affect the lungs?
Scientists believe that marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs
because users often inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their
lungs as long as possible. Therefore, the smoke is in contact with lung
tissues for long periods of time, which irritates the lungs and damages the
way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in
tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. In addition, many
marijuana users also smoke cigarettes; the combined effects of smoking these
two substances creates an increased health risk.

Can marijuana cause cancer?
Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is
found in tobacco smoke. Examination of human lung tissue that had been
exposed to marijuana smoke over a long period of time in a laboratory showed
cellular changes called metaplasia that are considered precancerous. In
laboratory test, the tars from marijuana smoke have produced tumors when
applied to animal skin. These studies suggest that it is likely that
marijuana may cause cancer if used for a number of years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> Ted said...
>
>> I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
>> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
>> by smoking tobacco.
>> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
>> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in
>> oxygen and get rid of carbondioxide.

> Ted,
>
> Try this sometime...
>
> In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter and a
> handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!), gently stirring constantly
> until
> boiling. Remove leaves, squeezing the oils back into the pan, reduce to
> simmering and add a packet of instant oatmeal and cook until done.
>
> Sweet dreams!
>
> See ya tomorrow!!!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Thanks mate, I'll tell Ted (-;

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Susan said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message news:Xns9BAB43D37C42CotD@

216.196.97.131...
>> Ted said...
>>
>>> I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
>>> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly

caused
>>> by smoking tobacco.
>>> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
>>> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in
>>> oxygen and get rid of carbondioxide.

>> Ted,
>>
>> Try this sometime...
>>
>> In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter and

>> handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!), gently stirring constantly
>> until
>> boiling. Remove leaves, squeezing the oils back into the pan, reduce to
>> simmering and add a packet of instant oatmeal and cook until done.
>>
>> Sweet dreams!
>>
>> See ya tomorrow!!!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> Thanks mate, I'll tell Ted (-;

Susan,

You're welcome!

One of my better recipes.

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...

> Try this sometime...
>
> In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter and a
> handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!), gently stirring constantly
> until
> boiling. Remove leaves, squeezing the oils back into the pan, reduce to
> simmering and add a packet of instant oatmeal and cook until done.
>
> Sweet dreams!
>
> See ya tomorrow!!!

Oh, wow! Wish I could see my daughters' faces when they find this in my
recipe box after I've cleared out!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
bob > wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 02:08:16 GMT, "Ted" > shouted
> from the highest rooftop:
>
> >I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
> >Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused by
> >smoking tobacco.
> >The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
> >Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in oxygen
> >and get rid of carbondioxide.

> Then, why (to make it on-topic) don't you cook with it. Cannabis
> cookies can be very enjoyable ... I understand.

Don't know about cookies but brownies are traditional.

Never tried spaghetti with meat sauce, but I understand that that works
also. It's just another herb in there.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message news:Xns9BAB43D37C42CotD@

216.196.97.131...

>> Try this sometime...
>>
>> In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter and

>> handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!), gently stirring constantly
>> until
>> boiling. Remove leaves, squeezing the oils back into the pan, reduce to
>> simmering and add a packet of instant oatmeal and cook until done.
>>
>> Sweet dreams!
>>
>> See ya tomorrow!!!

> Oh, wow! Wish I could see my daughters' faces when they find this in my
> recipe box after I've cleared out!
>
> Felice

Felice,

Heh heh heh!

Don't forget to add "optional maple syrup" to sweeten up the recipe! @)

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Pan is offline

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:43:07 GMT, "Susan" > wrote:

>"zara" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ted" > wrote in message
>>>I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
>>> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
>>> by smoking tobacco.
>>> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
>>> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in
>>> oxygen and get rid of carbondioxide.

>> Not according to the latest medical studies..
>>
>> They actually claim it prevents lung cancer.
>>
>> Stop spreading FUD. No one is forcing you to toke.
>>
>> http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...00902052309411
>>
>> http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/new...to-lung-cancer

>Perhaps not cancer but cannabis joints damage lungs more than tobacco -
>study
>
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...dalcohol.drugs
>
>http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0123104017.htm
>
>http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm
>How does marijuana affect the lungs?
>Scientists believe that marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs
>because users often inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their
>lungs as long as possible. Therefore, the smoke is in contact with lung
>tissues for long periods of time, which irritates the lungs and damages the
>way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in
>tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. In addition, many
>marijuana users also smoke cigarettes; the combined effects of smoking these
>two substances creates an increased health risk.
>
>Can marijuana cause cancer?
>Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is
>found in tobacco smoke. Examination of human lung tissue that had been
>exposed to marijuana smoke over a long period of time in a laboratory showed
>cellular changes called metaplasia that are considered precancerous. In
>laboratory test, the tars from marijuana smoke have produced tumors when
>applied to animal skin. These studies suggest that it is likely that
>marijuana may cause cancer if used for a number of years.

The study quoted on WebMD, compares some one who smoked 1 to 1 1\2
joints a day to some one who smoked 40 cigarettes a day. Hardly a
valid comparison. 22,000 joints divided by 40 years, divided by 365
day per year.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 02:08:16 GMT, Ted wrote:

> I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused by
> smoking tobacco.
> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in oxygen
> and get rid of carbondioxide.

who gives a shit?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Try this sometime...
>
> In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter and a
> handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!)

OK, I gotta ask: Why not buds?
(Other than a handful would be a *bit* extreme!)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > Then, why (to make it on-topic) don't you cook with it. Cannabis
> > cookies can be very enjoyable ... I understand.

> Yeah I've had Cannabis cookies and they were too strong.
> I lay on the couch and laughed for an hour or two.
> Also I found it a bit disconcerting that there appeared to be a time delay
> between my brain and my body. Cannabis smokers have told me that it is
> better smoking it.
> I can't inhale cigarette smoke.

I've read where Cannabis loses about 40 percent of it's potency if it
is cooked and eaten as opposed to smoking it. I tried Pot Brownies a
couple times and didn't get a buzz off them. Used to smoke pot;
haven't touched it in ten years since my workplace adopted a random
drug testing policy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:47:51 -0800 (PST), "Michael O'Connor"
> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>> > Then, why (to make it on-topic) don't you cook with it. Cannabis
>> > cookies can be very enjoyable ... I understand.

>> Yeah I've had Cannabis cookies and they were too strong.
>> I lay on the couch and laughed for an hour or two.
>> Also I found it a bit disconcerting that there appeared to be a time delay
>> between my brain and my body. Cannabis smokers have told me that it is
>> better smoking it.
>> I can't inhale cigarette smoke.

>I've read where Cannabis loses about 40 percent of it's potency if it
>is cooked and eaten as opposed to smoking it. I tried Pot Brownies a
>couple times and didn't get a buzz off them. Used to smoke pot;
>haven't touched it in ten years since my workplace adopted a random
>drug testing policy.

The wife of one of my editors used to cook up hash brownies and send
him to work with a bunch for me to take home.

The publisher was very much against that sort of thing and had a fit
one day when I burned some incense in my office because he thought it
was a joint. After showing him the packet it came in I convinced him
otherwise, but he asked me not to do it again because someone else
might think the same thing.

The editor and I used to eat a few brownies at work during the day and
share them with the receptionist. It was a happy workplace and the
brownies certainly made the day more pleasant for everyone, including,
I daresay, the publisher.

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bell said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Try this sometime...
>>
>> In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter
>> and a handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!)

> OK, I gotta ask: Why not buds?
> (Other than a handful would be a *bit* extreme!)

Dave Bell,

Exactly!!!

Probably 1/8 handful crushed buds?

Best,

Andy
Whatever happened to Columbian Gold?!! Dammit!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
bob > wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:47:51 -0800 (PST), "Michael O'Connor"
> > shouted from the highest rooftop:

> >> Yeah I've had Cannabis cookies and they were too strong.
> >> I lay on the couch and laughed for an hour or two.
> >> Also I found it a bit disconcerting that there appeared to be a time delay
> >> between my brain and my body. Cannabis smokers have told me that it is
> >> better smoking it.
> >> I can't inhale cigarette smoke.

> >I've read where Cannabis loses about 40 percent of it's potency if it
> >is cooked and eaten as opposed to smoking it. I tried Pot Brownies a
> >couple times and didn't get a buzz off them. Used to smoke pot;
> >haven't touched it in ten years since my workplace adopted a random
> >drug testing policy.

> The wife of one of my editors used to cook up hash brownies and send
> him to work with a bunch for me to take home.
>
> The publisher was very much against that sort of thing and had a fit
> one day when I burned some incense in my office because he thought it
> was a joint. After showing him the packet it came in I convinced him
> otherwise, but he asked me not to do it again because someone else
> might think the same thing.
>
> The editor and I used to eat a few brownies at work during the day and
> share them with the receptionist. It was a happy workplace and the
> brownies certainly made the day more pleasant for everyone, including,
> I daresay, the publisher.

What you don't know can't hurt you. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of societies understanding."

-- From "Batman Begins"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Dave Bell said...
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >
> >> Try this sometime...
> >>
> >> In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter
> >> and a handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!)

> > OK, I gotta ask: Why not buds?
> > (Other than a handful would be a *bit* extreme!)

> Dave Bell,
>
> Exactly!!!
>
> Probably 1/8 handful crushed buds?
>
> Best,
>
> Andy
> Whatever happened to Columbian Gold?!! Dammit!!!

Today's pot ain't what it was back in the 70's. <g> Sticky buds are a
LOT higher in THC than bunk.

Personally, I hate the stuff. Last time I got stoned (21 years ago) I
had a severe panic attack. I seriously thought I was dying.

I'll never go anywhere near Pot again!
--
Peace! Om

"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of societies understanding."

-- From "Batman Begins"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
KeenAsMustard > wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 01:59:32 -0600, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >, Andy > wrote:
> >
> >> Dave Bell said...

> >> Dave Bell,
> >>
> >> Exactly!!!
> >>
> >> Probably 1/8 handful crushed buds?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Andy
> >> Whatever happened to Columbian Gold?!! Dammit!!!

> > Today's pot ain't what it was back in the 70's. <g> Sticky buds are a
> > LOT higher in THC than bunk.
> >
> > Personally, I hate the stuff. Last time I got stoned (21 years ago) I
> > had a severe panic attack. I seriously thought I was dying.
> >
> > I'll never go anywhere near Pot again!

> If Pot scares you - keep the hell away from Salvia Divinorum then!

Disagree... Salvia divinorum (I've smoked 10x) is a totally different
high. First time I ever actually hallucinated, but I was expecting the
results. When I said in my mind "I can't handle this", the voices said
in beat to the music I had playing "yesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucan".

And the high only lasts 10 minutes...
--
Peace! Om

"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of societies understanding."

-- From "Batman Begins"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jeßus said...

> On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 20:31:18 -0800, Dave Bell wrote:
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>> Try this sometime...
>>>
>>> In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter
>>> and a handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!)

>> OK, I gotta ask: Why not buds?
>> (Other than a handful would be a *bit* extreme!)

> Probably due to strength...
>
> Better for those who smoke to save the buds for that, then use the leaves
> for cookies, etc.
>
> Interestingly, as an experiment we tried using the dried, yellow crap
> leaves that you'd normally throw away in cookies.
> They actually were /very/ effective, and yet a quick test smoke of the
> same leaf produced no effect at all.

If you're fortunate enough to have access to and correctly handle liquid
hydrogen you can freeze dry marijuana into crystals. A few grains puffed
will HIGH you into outer space!!!

Not that I know what I'm talking about!!!

<G>

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 20:31:18 -0800, Dave Bell wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Try this sometime...
>>
>> In a small sauce pan, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter
>> and a handful of marijuana leaves (NOT buds!!!)

> OK, I gotta ask: Why not buds?
> (Other than a handful would be a *bit* extreme!)

Probably due to strength...

Better for those who smoke to save the buds for that, then use the leaves
for cookies, etc.

Interestingly, as an experiment we tried using the dried, yellow crap
leaves that you'd normally throw away in cookies.
They actually were /very/ effective, and yet a quick test smoke of the
same leaf produced no effect at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 01:59:32 -0600, Omelet wrote:

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> Dave Bell said...

>> > OK, I gotta ask: Why not buds?
>> > (Other than a handful would be a *bit* extreme!)

>> Dave Bell,
>>
>> Exactly!!!
>>
>> Probably 1/8 handful crushed buds?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy
>> Whatever happened to Columbian Gold?!! Dammit!!!

> Today's pot ain't what it was back in the 70's. <g> Sticky buds are a
> LOT higher in THC than bunk.
>
> Personally, I hate the stuff. Last time I got stoned (21 years ago) I
> had a severe panic attack. I seriously thought I was dying.
>
> I'll never go anywhere near Pot again!

If Pot scares you - keep the hell away from Salvia Divinorum then!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
KeenAsMustard > wrote:

> >> If Pot scares you - keep the hell away from Salvia Divinorum then!

> > Disagree... Salvia divinorum (I've smoked 10x) is a totally different
> > high.

> It certainly is - my point is that it's way more intense. WAY more!
> I wasn't trying to make any comparisons beyond that, as you'd know,
> that'd be ludicrous.

There is NO comparison for SD to mushrooms or mescaline. <g>

> > First time I ever actually hallucinated, but I was expecting the
> > results. When I said in my mind "I can't handle this",
> > the voices said
> > in beat to the music I had playing "yesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucan".

> The few times I've had it, it blew my damned head off in a way LSD,
> Mescaline and Psilocybe mushrooms never have (but again,

See above. I agree. ;-) For me, the two times I tried LSD it was
boring. I like psilocybin. Mescaline tended to make me nauseous and the
high lasts too long. 12 to 14 hours, I'll pass on it. <g>

> different
> effects). I've hallucinated plenty of times before but Salvia D is a
> whole new level. It's the only time I've been completely consumed by the
> hallucinations to the point that I no longer feel that I'm still in the
> 'real world' at all.

SD is a "working drug" to most people. It's not recreational. A true
Shamanic type of plant that really does take you out of mind into the
nexus. That's why it scares people. An Erowid poll shows that 85% of
people that try Salvia divinorum never touch it again after the first
real experience because it's so scary.

> > And the high only lasts 10 minutes...

> The peak bit, yes. And thankfully so in my opinion - too intense to
> handle for an extended time. After the peak, you're still 'high' for
> another 30 mins or so, but after the initial peak you feel straight.

It is relaxing indeed, but the hallucinations only last 8 to 10 minutes
using 10X, at least for me. But I've not smoked it now for a bit over 4
years.
--
Peace! Om

"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of societies understanding."

-- From "Batman Begins"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 6, 11:43*pm, Dave Bell > wrote:
> dejablues wrote:
> > "Ted" > wrote in message
> >> I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
> >> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
> >> by smoking tobacco.
> >> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
> >> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in oxygen
> >> and get rid of carbondioxide.

> > Do most people smoke 20+ joints per day?

> Maybe not "most", but I knew a of few, back in the day...

"Back in the day," the THC content of the average weed was
dramatically lower.

See: http://www.amazon.com/Botany-Desire-.../dp/0375760393

These days, one hit is equivalent in potency to a whole joint of the
stuff I used to smoke in "high" school.
I pretty much gave up weed at 17. I got to where I didn't enjoy the
effects, which is weird because in the preceding 3 or 4 years, I had
loved it, and smoked it every day, several times.
Weed is not a performance enhancing drug, so I couldn't care less
whether athletes use it. As for folks who support keeping it illegal,
I hope that something really tragic happens in your life. You deserve
it. It's because of busybody folks like you that many undeserving
people have gone to jail. Violent criminals have been released
earlier to make room for "vice" offenders. I really do hate you.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 02:28:07 -0600, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> KeenAsMustard > wrote:

>> > Today's pot ain't what it was back in the 70's. <g> Sticky buds are a
>> > LOT higher in THC than bunk.
>> >
>> > Personally, I hate the stuff. Last time I got stoned (21 years ago)
>> > I had a severe panic attack. I seriously thought I was dying.
>> >
>> > I'll never go anywhere near Pot again!

>> If Pot scares you - keep the hell away from Salvia Divinorum then!

> Disagree... Salvia divinorum (I've smoked 10x) is a totally different
> high.

It certainly is - my point is that it's way more intense. WAY more!
I wasn't trying to make any comparisons beyond that, as you'd know,
that'd be ludicrous.

> First time I ever actually hallucinated, but I was expecting the
> results. When I said in my mind "I can't handle this",
> the voices said
> in beat to the music I had playing "yesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucan".

The few times I've had it, it blew my damned head off in a way LSD,
Mescaline and Psilocybe mushrooms never have (but again, different
effects). I've hallucinated plenty of times before but Salvia D is a
whole new level. It's the only time I've been completely consumed by the
hallucinations to the point that I no longer feel that I'm still in the
'real world' at all.

> And the high only lasts 10 minutes...

The peak bit, yes. And thankfully so in my opinion - too intense to
handle for an extended time. After the peak, you're still 'high' for
another 30 mins or so, but after the initial peak you feel straight.

You must be one of those people who get the paranoia/panic attacks on
pot, unfortunately. I also note that some folk seem to get extremely
intense hallucinations on SD but a few people report no effects at all,
which I find incredible. I sometimes wonder if they've consumed it
properly (i.e smoked it correctly - i.e NOT the same way as pot).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Jeßus said...

>>>OK, I gotta ask: Why not buds?
>>>(Other than a handful would be a *bit* extreme!)

>>Probably due to strength...
>>
>>Better for those who smoke to save the buds for that, then use the leaves
>>for cookies, etc.
>>
>>Interestingly, as an experiment we tried using the dried, yellow crap
>>leaves that you'd normally throw away in cookies.
>>They actually were /very/ effective, and yet a quick test smoke of the
>>same leaf produced no effect at all.

> If you're fortunate enough to have access to and correctly handle liquid
> hydrogen you can freeze dry marijuana into crystals. A few grains puffed
> will HIGH you into outer space!!!
>
> Not that I know what I'm talking about!!!
>
> <G>
>
> Andy

Don't you mean liquid nitrogen?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Jeßus said...

>>>Probably due to strength...
>>>
>>>Better for those who smoke to save the buds for that, then use the

leaves
>>>for cookies, etc.
>>>
>>>Interestingly, as an experiment we tried using the dried, yellow crap
>>>leaves that you'd normally throw away in cookies.
>>>They actually were /very/ effective, and yet a quick test smoke of the
>>>same leaf produced no effect at all.

>> If you're fortunate enough to have access to and correctly handle liquid
>> hydrogen you can freeze dry marijuana into crystals. A few grains puffed
>> will HIGH you into outer space!!!
>>
>> Not that I know what I'm talking about!!!
>>
>> <G>
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Don't you mean liquid nitrogen?

Kathleen,

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I realized my mistake right after I sent the message. Naturally, due to a
shortage of brain cells...

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> whether athletes use it. *As for folks who support keeping it illegal,
> I hope that something really tragic happens in your life. *You deserve
> it. *It's because of busybody folks like you that many undeserving
> people have gone to jail. *Violent criminals have been released
> earlier to make room for "vice" offenders. *I really do hate you.
>
> --Bryan

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/...r.html?ref=rss

(Weak link between pot and testicular cancer - which would you rather
have?)

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote on Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:19:40 -0800 (PST):

>> whether athletes use it. As for folks who support keeping it
>> illegal, I hope that something really tragic happens in your
>> life. You deserve it. It's because of busybody folks like
>> you that many undeserving people have gone to jail. Violent
>> criminals have been released earlier to make room for "vice"
>> offenders. I really do hate you.
>>
>> --Bryan

> http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/...r.html?ref=rss

> (Weak link between pot and testicular cancer - which would you
> rather have?)

Come to the front of the class, go to the blackboard (whiteboard,
perhaps) and write 100 times, "Correllation does not prove causality".

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"James Silverton" > wrote:

> Nancy2 wrote on Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:19:40 -0800 (PST):
>

> >> whether athletes use it. As for folks who support keeping it
> >> illegal, I hope that something really tragic happens in your
> >> life. You deserve it. It's because of busybody folks like
> >> you that many undeserving people have gone to jail. Violent
> >> criminals have been released earlier to make room for "vice"
> >> offenders. I really do hate you.
> >>
> >> --Bryan

> > http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/...r.html?ref=rss

> > (Weak link between pot and testicular cancer - which would you
> > rather have?)

> Come to the front of the class, go to the blackboard (whiteboard,
> perhaps) and write 100 times, "Correllation does not prove causality".

A fact very few statisticians seem to understand. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of societies understanding."

-- From "Batman Begins"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:45:39 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,

>> > http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/...r.html?ref=rss

>> > (Weak link between pot and testicular cancer - which would you
>> > rather have?)

>> Come to the front of the class, go to the blackboard (whiteboard,
>> perhaps) and write 100 times, "Correllation does not prove causality".

>A fact very few statisticians seem to understand. <g>

One of things you learn in Statistics class. It's the reporters who
do not understand it.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> Nancy2 wrote on Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:19:40 -0800 (PST):

> > (Weak link between pot and testicular cancer - which would you
> > rather have?)

> Come to the front of the class, go to the blackboard (whiteboard,
> perhaps) and write 100 times, "Correllation does not prove causality".

Next you're going to tell me that eating ice cream does not cause
drowning.

Brian

--
Day 6 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
The Cook > wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:45:39 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,

> >> Come to the front of the class, go to the blackboard (whiteboard,
> >> perhaps) and write 100 times, "Correllation does not prove causality".

> >A fact very few statisticians seem to understand. <g>

> One of things you learn in Statistics class. It's the reporters who
> do not understand it.

Good point.