Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default electric kettle help

I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.

It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
bummer - because I really like it.

This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
dollars for mine.

http://tinyurl.com/afqo94

Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
which turns me off.

Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?

Thanks.
Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tracy" > wrote in message
>I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
>ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.
>
> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> bummer - because I really like it.
>
> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
> dollars for mine.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/afqo94
>
> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
> kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
> which turns me off.
>
> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?
>
> Thanks.
> Tracy

We have a Zojirushi found here;

http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts...ts/cw_pzc.html

We are THRILLED so far it has lasted 4 years with perfect efficiency. We
got the idea from my SIL who had one in continuous use for 8 years before it
needed replacement. We not only use it for hot tea but almost anyplace we
need hot water o starting to cook hot cereal for example.

A little expensive but well worth the price.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
> ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.
>
> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> bummer - because I really like it.
>
> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
> dollars for mine.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/afqo94
>
> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
> kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
> which turns me off.
>
> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?
>
> Thanks.
> Tracy

I have that Braun kettle, works great... I paid $40 for it 5 years
ago.

I think that price is a typo... they have it in black for $70.

http://www.amazon.com/BRAUN-WK200B-A...3071624&sr=8-9

You can speak to Amazon and inquire about if that ridiculous price is
an error: http://tinyurl.com/yutg2q

https://i-2003.estara.com/UI/gui.php...amp=1165965201

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>> I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
>> ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.
>>
>> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
>> bummer - because I really like it.
>>
>> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
>> dollars for mine.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/afqo94
>>
>> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
>> kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
>> which turns me off.
>>
>> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Tracy

> I have that Braun kettle, works great... I paid $40 for it 5 years
> ago.
>
> I think that price is a typo... they have it in black for $70.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/BRAUN-WK200B-A...3071624&sr=8-9
>
> You can speak to Amazon and inquire about if that ridiculous price is
> an error: http://tinyurl.com/yutg2q
>
> https://i-2003.estara.com/UI/gui.php...amp=1165965201

Thanks for the link to call. They didn't really have an answer though.
It's not a typo. Some other "seller" not amazon is offering it for that
obscene price. I have a feeling the model was discontinued and people
are taking advantage of that.
Someone is selling it for 70 but I am hesitant to buy from some random
person.
Maybe I'll contact Braun to see what's up.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Thanks for the link to call. They didn't really have an answer though.
> It's not a typo. Some other "seller" not amazon is offering it for that
> obscene price. I have a feeling the model was discontinued and people are
> taking advantage of that.
> Someone is selling it for 70 but I am hesitant to buy from some random
> person.
> Maybe I'll contact Braun to see what's up.
>
> Tracy

Aqua Express Electric Water Kettle

http://royalcoffeemaker.stores.yahoo...ic-kettle.html

This looks more reasonable...

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 27, 11:27�am, Tracy > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > Tracy wrote:
> >> I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
> >> ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.

> >> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> >> bummer - because I really like it.

> >> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
> >> dollars for mine.

> >>http://tinyurl.com/afqo94

> >> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
> >> kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
> >> which turns me off.

> >> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?

> >> Thanks.
> >> Tracy

> > I have that Braun kettle, works great... I paid $40 for it 5 years
> > ago.

> > I think that price is a typo... they have it in black for $70.

> >http://www.amazon.com/BRAUN-WK200B-A...-Kettle/dp/B00...

> > You can speak to Amazon and inquire about if that ridiculous price is
> > an error:http://tinyurl.com/yutg2q

> >https://i-2003.estara.com/UI/gui.php...200156&account....

> Thanks for the link to call. They didn't really have an answer though.
> It's not a typo. Some other "seller" not amazon is offering it for that
> obscene price. I have a feeling the model was discontinued and people
> are taking advantage of that.
> Someone is selling it for 70 but I am hesitant to buy from some random
> person.
> Maybe I'll contact Braun to see what's up.

You can find contact info he braun.com

I think the $70 price is about as low as you'll find... seems
everything has gone up in price substantially of late.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> On Jan 27, 11:27�am, Tracy > wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote:
>>> I have that Braun kettle, works great... I paid $40 for it 5 years
>>> ago.
>>> I think that price is a typo... they have it in black for $70.
>>> http://www.amazon.com/BRAUN-WK200B-A...-Kettle/dp/B00...
>>> You can speak to Amazon and inquire about if that ridiculous price is
>>> an error:http://tinyurl.com/yutg2q
>>> https://i-2003.estara.com/UI/gui.php...200156&account...

>> Thanks for the link to call. They didn't really have an answer though.
>> It's not a typo. Some other "seller" not amazon is offering it for that
>> obscene price. I have a feeling the model was discontinued and people
>> are taking advantage of that.
>> Someone is selling it for 70 but I am hesitant to buy from some random
>> person.
>> Maybe I'll contact Braun to see what's up.

> You can find contact info he braun.com
>
> I think the $70 price is about as low as you'll find... seems
> everything has gone up in price substantially of late.

I did go to Braun site. It linked me to some other site called where I
could buy a replacement jug and a replacement base for basically 70
including shipping.

Things really are more expensive these days. Well, at least it's not my
money. I am buying it for the office. I try to watch what I spend for
work, but I don't want to buy a piece of junk for 20 or 30 dollars, when
I know this product works well.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
> ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.
>
> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> bummer - because I really like it.
>
> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
> dollars for mine.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/afqo94
>
> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
> kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
> which turns me off.
>
> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?
>
> Thanks.
> Tracy

I have a cheap stainless steel GE kettle, purchased from Wal-mart a few
years ago. I think it was $27. Works great.

I'd like to have one of those 3500W British electric kettles that will
boil a liter of water in 15 seconds. (That was hyperbole, don't you
engineers start doing the math.) I know I'd have to run a 220v circuit
to the kitchen to use it.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:

>>> Thanks for the link to call. They didn't really have an answer though.
>>> It's not a typo. Some other "seller" not amazon is offering it for that
>>> obscene price. I have a feeling the model was discontinued and people
>>> are taking advantage of that.
>>> Someone is selling it for 70 but I am hesitant to buy from some random
>>> person.
>>> Maybe I'll contact Braun to see what's up.

>> You can find contact info he braun.com
>>
>> I think the $70 price is about as low as you'll find... seems
>> everything has gone up in price substantially of late.

> I did go to Braun site. It linked me to some other site called where I
> could buy a replacement jug and a replacement base for basically 70
> including shipping.
>
> Things really are more expensive these days. Well, at least it's not my
> money. I am buying it for the office. I try to watch what I spend for
> work, but I don't want to buy a piece of junk for 20 or 30 dollars, when
> I know this product works well.
>
> -Tracy

Do you need *boiling* water, or just hot water? You can get a 30-cup
percolator for about $30 new (I think) or $5 used (at the Goodwill store.)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 27, 2:15�pm, zxcvbob > wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
> > I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
> > ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.

> > It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> > bummer - because I really like it.

> > This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
> > dollars for mine.

> >http://tinyurl.com/afqo94

> > Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
> > kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
> > which turns me off.

> > Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?

> > Thanks.
> > Tracy

> I have a cheap stainless steel GE kettle, purchased from Wal-mart a few
> years ago. �I think it was $27. �Works great.
>
> I'd like to have one of those 3500W British electric kettles that will
> boil a liter of water in 15 seconds. �(That was hyperbole, don't you
> engineers start doing the math.) �I know I'd have to run a 220v circuit
> to the kitchen to use it.

My last electric kettle was one of those UK things, those dinosaurs
are awful for many reasons

For safety she wants the cordless type. Of all those out there this
Braun is the best. Everything is absurdly expensive these days... and
it's gonna get a whole lot worse... this is the price to a society
that chooses to live in debt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:

> Do you need *boiling* water, or just hot water? You can get a 30-cup
> percolator for about $30 new (I think) or $5 used (at the Goodwill store.)
>
> Bob

Yeah, I need boiling water. It's really for the boss. Our office moved -
we had a full kitchen with a stove. Since we don't have it anymore I am
trying to console him with an electric kettle to satisfy him. I know the
Braun works great - so I will likely buy it for $70 and get it over with.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Tracy >
wrote:

> I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
> ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.
>
> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> bummer - because I really like it.
>
> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
> dollars for mine.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/afqo94
>
> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
> kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
> which turns me off.
>
> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?
>
> Thanks.
> Tracy

I bought the Capreso glass one. It's very pretty and it heats up the
water very fast.

http://www.amazon.com/Capresso-259-0...e/dp/B000BY4ZH
O/ref=pd_bbs_9?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1233087782&sr=8-9
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Tracy >
wrote:

> I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
> ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.
>
> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> bummer - because I really like it.
>
> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
> dollars for mine.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/afqo94
>
> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
> kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
> which turns me off.
>
> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?

This one appeared on the same Amazon page:

http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-...ic/dp/B00023XC
WS/ref=pd_sim_k_2

My sister has one, and it's great. It's also US$15, and available at
major stores in the US. It's not cordless, but the cord detaches from
the pot, so you can use it like a pitcher without the cord dangling
around. It heats very quickly, and shuts itself off

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
> ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.
>
> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> bummer - because I really like it.
>
> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
> dollars for mine.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/afqo94
>
> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
> kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
> which turns me off.
>
> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?

You're right. That is an obscene price. I have an electric kettle that I
paid about $30 for. I don't know what kind it is. It has been cleaned so
many times that the name has come off, but it is more than 10 years old.
I put water in, turn it on and the water boils. What more do you need in
a kettle. I was thinking of replacing it with a nice stainless kettle,
but they were more than $100. Nuts to that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Tracy >
wrote:

> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> bummer - because I really like it.

> Thanks.
> Tracy

Tracy, have you tried eBay for the one you want?
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:08:04 -0500, Tracy wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
>>> Thanks for the link to call. They didn't really have an answer though.
>>> It's not a typo. Some other "seller" not amazon is offering it for that
>>> obscene price. I have a feeling the model was discontinued and people
>>> are taking advantage of that.
>>> Someone is selling it for 70 but I am hesitant to buy from some random
>>> person.
>>> Maybe I'll contact Braun to see what's up.

>> You can find contact info he braun.com
>>
>> I think the $70 price is about as low as you'll find... seems
>> everything has gone up in price substantially of late.

> I did go to Braun site. It linked me to some other site called where I
> could buy a replacement jug and a replacement base for basically 70
> including shipping.
>
> Things really are more expensive these days. Well, at least it's not my
> money. I am buying it for the office. I try to watch what I spend for
> work, but I don't want to buy a piece of junk for 20 or 30 dollars, when
> I know this product works well.
>
> -Tracy

i don't understand why any of these models is so damned expensive. what
they aim to do seems pretty simple.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 27, 8:38*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article >, Tracy >
> wrote:
>

> > It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> > bummer - because I really like it.
> > Thanks.
> > Tracy

> Tracy, have you tried eBay for the one you want?
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschallerhttp://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100041
> -- a woman my age shouldn't
> have this much fun!

I did a quick look on ebay. It's not really my thing. I should ask the
DH to look for me....

Thanks.
Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 28, 1:08*pm, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:08:04 -0500, Tracy wrote:
> > Sheldon wrote:

> >> You can find contact info he braun.com

> >> I think the $70 price is about as low as you'll find... seems
> >> everything has gone up in price substantially of late.

> > I did go to Braun site. It linked me to some other site called where I
> > could buy a replacement jug and a replacement base for basically 70
> > including shipping.

> > Things really are more expensive these days. Well, at least it's not my
> > money. I am buying it for the office. I try to watch what I spend for
> > work, but I don't want to buy a piece of junk for 20 or 30 dollars, when
> > I know this product works well.

> > -Tracy

> i don't understand why any of these models is so damned expensive. *what
> they aim to do seems pretty simple.
>
> your pal,
> blake

In this case (the Braun), I think it is clear case of taking advantage
of the fact the model is no longer available. People will pay. Not me
- but others will.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:08:04 -0500, Tracy wrote:
>
> > Sheldon wrote:

long

sorts of

review

http://www.amazon.com/BRAUN-WK200B-A...-Kettle/dp/B00...

https://i-2003.estara.com/UI/gui.php...200156&account...

that

> >> You can find contact info he braun.com
> >>
> >> I think the $70 price is about as low as you'll find... seems
> >> everything has gone up in price substantially of late.

> > I did go to Braun site. It linked me to some other site called where I
> > could buy a replacement jug and a replacement base for basically 70
> > including shipping.
> >
> > Things really are more expensive these days. Well, at least it's not my
> > money. I am buying it for the office. I try to watch what I spend for
> > work, but I don't want to buy a piece of junk for 20 or 30 dollars, when
> > I know this product works well.
> >
> > -Tracy

> i don't understand why any of these models is so damned expensive. what
> they aim to do seems pretty simple.

Especially since tea tastes like grass anyways...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Tracy wrote:

> I did a quick look on ebay. It's not really my thing. I should ask the
> DH to look for me....

I was goofing around in Overstock.com last night and found a few
cordless electric kettles for under $50.

--Lin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lin wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>
>> I did a quick look on ebay. It's not really my thing. I should ask the
>> DH to look for me....

> I was goofing around in Overstock.com last night and found a few
> cordless electric kettles for under $50.
>
> --Lin

Thanks. I'll take a look.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:21:48 -0500, Tracy > shouted
from the highest rooftop:

>Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?

No. But I wish the one we have would break down and die so we could
replace it.

It's a Russell Hobbs stainless steel cordless kettle and wasn't cheap.
In fact, it's the most expensive kettle we've ever bought. But we
thought it would be "value for money" in the long run. And in terms of
longevity it has been very cost effective compared to previous
kettles.

On the plus side it looks great, has a small footprint, is very robust
and, has outlived our previous kettles - which would last around four
years max before burning out or developing a leak. Our last one lasted
less than two years.

On the minus side it is agonisingly slow and - as the water FINALLY
comes to a boil - sounds like a runaway freight train reaching a
hysterical orgasm. Thankfully, we have no neighbours close by or
they'd complain about the noise.

We've been hoping it would breakdown for the past seven years!!! But
it just keeps sitting there mocking us every time we boil it up for a
cuppa.

Here's a thought ... why don't we give it to you as an early Christmas
present? What's your address?

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too long
> ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.
>
> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
> bummer - because I really like it.
>
> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
> dollars for mine.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/afqo94
>
> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts of
> kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad review
> which turns me off.
>
> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?
>
> Thanks.
> Tracy

FYI, Aldi's has a special purchase 1.8 liter cordless electric kettle
this week for $13. The picture in the flyer looks like a knockoff of a
Braun.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:57:33 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:

> FYI, Aldi's has a special purchase 1.8 liter cordless electric kettle
> this week for $13. The picture in the flyer looks like a knockoff of a
> Braun.

Does Aldi have "National Pricing" in the U.S.?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Horry wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:57:33 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> FYI, Aldi's has a special purchase 1.8 liter cordless electric kettle
>> this week for $13. The picture in the flyer looks like a knockoff of a
>> Braun.

> Does Aldi have "National Pricing" in the U.S.?

I think so, but I dunno.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>> I am looking to buy a new electric kettle. I purchased one not too
>> long ago - a Braun - on the recommendation of this group.
>>
>> It looks like the one I bought is no longer available - which is a
>> bummer - because I really like it.
>>
>> This is the one -except in black. Price is obscene. I paid maybe 45
>> dollars for mine.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/afqo94
>>
>> Anyway, I need one for my office and I have been looking at all sorts
>> of kettles and every time I think I found one I like, I read a bad
>> review which turns me off.
>>
>> Anyone use a cordless kettle they really like?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Tracy

> FYI, Aldi's has a special purchase 1.8 liter cordless electric kettle
> this week for $13. The picture in the flyer looks like a knockoff of a
> Braun.
>
> Bob

Thanks, but there aren't any Aldi's in Massachusetts. Sounds like an
interesting store though.

Next time I am in Rhode Island or Connecticut I will check it out.

Tracy

my new electric kettle! Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 2 12-12-2007 03:12 AM
Electric Kettle? Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 74 11-12-2007 05:46 AM
Any suggestions for an electric kettle? Linda Tea 16 22-02-2006 05:22 PM
Electric Kettle Standard Deviant Tea 7 22-06-2005 03:58 AM
electric tea kettle Dmitri Tea 1 17-11-2003 02:02 AM