Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Super Bowl

We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
skins................
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> ha scritto nel messaggio
> We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
> something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
> so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
> dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
> skins................
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Mary Jo

A big Spaghettata, or a big polenta with meat cooked in tomato sauce. Or a
big paella. Salted cakes with vegetables, etc....
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
>> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>
>> Mary Jo

> A big Spaghettata, or a big polenta with meat cooked in tomato sauce.
> Or a big paella. Salted cakes with vegetables, etc....
> Cheers

Well, I would love the recipes for all those))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>>> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Mary Jo

>> A big Spaghettata, or a big polenta with meat cooked in tomato sauce.
>> Or a big paella. Salted cakes with vegetables, etc....
>> Cheers
>>

> Well, I would love the recipes for all those))

Ophelia. you are always so voracious!!!!!!! ))))
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

>>> A big Spaghettata, or a big polenta with meat cooked in tomato
>>> sauce. Or a big paella. Salted cakes with vegetables, etc....
>>> Cheers
>>>

>> Well, I would love the recipes for all those))

> Ophelia. you are always so voracious!!!!!!! ))))

LOL I will get that checked out and get back to you)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 26, 10:11*am, " >
wrote:
> We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
> something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
> so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
> dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
> skins................
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Mary Jo

How about a pasta bar? You could have a few different sauces/mix ins.
Most people like pasta, after all...

Or a chili bar,or baked potato bar. (see a theme in my ideas??)

Very self-serve, which will be easier for you.

Have fun,
Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 26, 12:03*pm, Kris > wrote:
> On Jan 26, 10:11*am, " >
> wrote:
>
> > We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
> > something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
> > so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
> > dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
> > skins................
> > Any ideas would be appreciated.

> > Mary Jo

> How about a pasta bar? You could have a few different sauces/mix ins.
> Most people like pasta, after all...
>
> Or a chili bar,or baked potato bar. (see a theme in my ideas??)
>
> Very self-serve, which will be easier for you.
>
> Have fun,
> Kris

I get your theme, how about a salad bar? LOL Not even on a good day
for these folks.
Thanks for everyone's thoughts
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
" > wrote:

> We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
> something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
> so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
> dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
> skins................
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Mary Jo

Buffalo wings.
Yam/sweet potato fries.
Bean and cheese nachos.
Corn chips with fresh Ranch Dressing.
Celery sticks with Ranch or Shrimp dip.

There are a million and one ideas. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
> something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
> so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
> dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
> skins................
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Mary Jo

A Do-It-Yourself Chili bar.

Make a basic Chili

Condiments to include:

Cheddar Cheese
Pepper Jack Cheese
Grated American Cheese
Chili Beans
Raw Onions
Soda/Oyster crackers
Mild diced green chilies
Fritos Scoops
Cooked Spaghetti
Several different hot sauces
About anything else you can think of.

:-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
>> something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
>> so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
>> dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
>> skins................
>> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>
>> Mary Jo

> A Do-It-Yourself Chili bar.
>
> Make a basic Chili
>
> Condiments to include:
>
> Cheddar Cheese
> Pepper Jack Cheese
> Grated American Cheese
> Chili Beans
> Raw Onions
> Soda/Oyster crackers
> Mild diced green chilies
> Fritos Scoops
> Cooked Spaghetti
> Several different hot sauces
> About anything else you can think of.
>
> :-)
>
> Dimitri

Spaghetti??? You forgot rice and sour cream.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
>>> something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
>>> so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
>>> dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
>>> skins................
>>> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Mary Jo

>> A Do-It-Yourself Chili bar.
>>
>> Make a basic Chili
>>
>> Condiments to include:
>>
>> Cheddar Cheese
>> Pepper Jack Cheese
>> Grated American Cheese
>> Chili Beans
>> Raw Onions
>> Soda/Oyster crackers
>> Mild diced green chilies
>> Fritos Scoops
>> Cooked Spaghetti
>> Several different hot sauces
>> About anything else you can think of.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Dimitri
>>

> Spaghetti??? You forgot rice and sour cream.
>
> gloria p

http://www.skylinechili.com/

:-)

Dimitri

3-Way Chili: Our signature dish...steaming
spaghetti, covered with our original, secret-recipe chili and
topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.
Small Regular Large
4-Way Chili: A 3-Way with diced onions or red beans.
Small Regular Large
5-Way Chili: A 3-Way with diced onions and red beans.
Small Regular Large
Chili Spaghetti: Steaming spaghetti covered with
our original, secret-recipe chili.
Small Regular Large
With diced onions or red beans
Small Regular Large
With diced onions and red beans
Small Regular Large
Make any Way vegetarian by substituting Black Beans and Rice for Chili.
Extras available for an additional charge.
What We're Famous For
Loaded Chili Bowl: Our secret-recipe
chili with red beans and onions topped with shredded
cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Chili Cheese Bowl: Our secret-recipe
chili topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
Chili Bowl: Our secret-recipe chili.
Coney Bowl: Three of our specially made
hot dogs in a bowl of our secret-recipe chili topped
with shredded cheddar cheese.
Vegetarian Black Beans & Rice:
A bowl of Black Beans and Rice, specially seasoned
with our secret spices. Served with a side of
sour cream and diced onions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > Cheddar Cheese
> > Pepper Jack Cheese
> > Grated American Cheese
> > Chili Beans
> > Raw Onions
> > Soda/Oyster crackers
> > Mild diced green chilies
> > Fritos Scoops
> > Cooked Spaghetti
> > Several different hot sauces
> > About anything else you can think of.

> > :-)

> > Dimitri

> Spaghetti??? * You forgot rice and sour cream.

Not to mention sliced jalapeno peppers.

I think it's a Cincinnati Chili thing he's going for. I lived in
Cincinnati for five years and the Chili isn't really Chili as most
people think, but more of a runny, somewhat bland meat sauce with a
consistency closer to sloppy joes or taco meat without the chopped
onions and peppers in it. And you put the hot sauce on top to your
own liking. Cincinnati Chili isn't an Italian Dish or a Mexican dish
but was first developed by a Greek restaurant owner in the Cincinnati
area in the early 1920's.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael O'Connor" > wrote in message

> > Cheddar Cheese
> > Pepper Jack Cheese
> > Grated American Cheese
> > Chili Beans
> > Raw Onions
> > Soda/Oyster crackers
> > Mild diced green chilies
> > Fritos Scoops
> > Cooked Spaghetti
> > Several different hot sauces
> > About anything else you can think of.

> > :-)

> > Dimitri

> Spaghetti??? You forgot rice and sour cream.

Not to mention sliced jalapeno peppers.

I think it's a Cincinnati Chili thing he's going for. I lived in
Cincinnati for five years and the Chili isn't really Chili as most
people think, but more of a runny, somewhat bland meat sauce with a
consistency closer to sloppy joes or taco meat without the chopped
onions and peppers in it. And you put the hot sauce on top to your
own liking. Cincinnati Chili isn't an Italian Dish or a Mexican dish
but was first developed by a Greek restaurant owner in the Cincinnati
area in the early 1920's.

I know about Skyline however I was going for any kind of Chili the crowd or
host(ess) would care to make. Many years ago when Bob's Big Boy was a So
Cal restaurant chain they served chili over spaghetti. It's not a bad dish
especially when smothered in Cheese.

New Post to come.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

>>> A Do-It-Yourself Chili bar.

snip
> 3-Way Chili: Our signature dish...steaming
> spaghetti, covered with our original, secret-recipe chili and

BURP SNIP
.. Served with a side of
> sour cream and diced onions.

Alka Seltzer of Pepto must be included on the table
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
snip>
> I know about Skyline however I was going for any kind of Chili the
> crowd or host(ess) would care to make. Many years ago when Bob's Big
> Boy was a So Cal restaurant chain they served chili over spaghetti.
> It's not a bad dish especially when smothered in Cheese.
>
> New Post to come.
>
> Dimitri

Back in the day, mid-western chili was made with either elbow macaroni or
spaghetti. My family did elbow mac/
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kris wrote:

> How about a pasta bar? You could have a few different sauces/mix ins.
> Most people like pasta, after all...

Very good idea. I attended a "Pasta party" some years ago, and the homeowner
started bringin' in pots of always different pastas with always a different
dressing. They were in an ascending order of "tastyness": first one was the
usual tomato + garlic + basil sauce, then some more whom I forgot, and the
last one were spaghetti alla puttanesca, and very hot too
A nice thing would be to bring plain pasta while variuos sauces are ready
and warm on the table, so that everyone could serve himself as desired, but
pasta loses most of it's zing if not properly cooked, which means: cook
almost to doneness and then finish in the sauce pan for the last 1 or 2
minutes, quickly stirring over high heat. Here in Italy the undressed pasta
near the sauces would make many think to canteens, such as those one finds
in many schools and manifacturing areas.
Don't know there where you are, maybe it wouldn't have this downside.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:11:35 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
>something new to have

Mezze -- hummus, pita, kababs, olives, fatoush, baba ganoush

Sub sandwich bar -- bread, meats (cold cuts, shredded beef in gravy,
meatballs in tomato sauce), cheeses, mustards, mayo, peppers, lettuce,
pickles, tomatoes, chips, crudite, cookies, brownies

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:11:35 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>

>>We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
>>something new to have

> Mezze -- hummus, pita, kababs, olives, fatoush, baba ganoush
>
> Sub sandwich bar -- bread, meats (cold cuts, shredded beef in gravy,
> meatballs in tomato sauce), cheeses, mustards, mayo, peppers, lettuce,
> pickles, tomatoes, chips, crudite, cookies, brownies
>

> Tara

Ooh... I'd suggest Damsel's Italian beef and maybe a roasted turkey
breast sliced thin, maybe some nice salami.

If it were nice out (and around here it isn't) I'd do some smoked
chicken breasts. I shred them up with homemade buttermilk dressing and
grated carrots and serve it on croissants. This is a favorite on the
lunch table when my flyball club travels to tournaments as it actually
tastes better after being refrigerated overnight.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:50:04 -0600, Kathleen
> wrote:

>If it were nice out (and around here it isn't) I'd do some smoked
>chicken breasts.

This puts me in the mind of barbecue. A spread of smoked chicken,
pulled pork, pickles, bread, chips, baked beans, potato salad, cole
slaw, peach cobbler and/or banana pudding would be fun.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tara > wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:50:04 -0600, Kathleen
> > wrote:
>
> >If it were nice out (and around here it isn't) I'd do some smoked
> >chicken breasts.

> This puts me in the mind of barbecue. A spread of smoked chicken,
> pulled pork, pickles, bread, chips, baked beans, potato salad, cole
> slaw, peach cobbler and/or banana pudding would be fun.
>
> Tara

Or Texas style...

BBQ brisket, potato salad, slaw, cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapeno
pepper poppers, baked beans and a pile of pickles and fresh sliced
onions.

And beer.

;-)
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:11:35 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
>>We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
>>something new to have

> Mezze -- hummus, pita, kababs, olives, fatoush, baba ganoush

Skip most of the above if men will be there

Super Bowl Dimitri General Cooking 59 12-01-2014 03:33 AM
TN: older Super Tuscan for the Super Bowl DaleW Wine 0 08-02-2010 03:13 PM
Super Bowl? Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 28 20-01-2008 04:55 PM