Old 26-01-2009, 04:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Super Bowl

We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
skins................
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

Old 26-01-2009, 04:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

ha scritto nel messaggio
We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
skins................
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

A big Spaghettata, or a big polenta with meat cooked in tomato sauce. Or a
big paella. Salted cakes with vegetables, etc....
Cheers
Pandora

Old 26-01-2009, 04:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

A big Spaghettata, or a big polenta with meat cooked in tomato sauce.
Or a big paella. Salted cakes with vegetables, etc....
Cheers

Well, I would love the recipes for all those))

Old 26-01-2009, 05:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" ha scritto nel messaggio
Pandora wrote:
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

A big Spaghettata, or a big polenta with meat cooked in tomato sauce.
Or a big paella. Salted cakes with vegetables, etc....
Cheers

Well, I would love the recipes for all those))

Ophelia. you are always so voracious!!!!!!! ))))
Cheers
Pandora

Old 26-01-2009, 05:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

A big Spaghettata, or a big polenta with meat cooked in tomato
sauce. Or a big paella. Salted cakes with vegetables, etc....
Cheers

Well, I would love the recipes for all those))

Ophelia. you are always so voracious!!!!!!! ))))

LOL I will get that checked out and get back to you)

Old 26-01-2009, 06:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 26, 10:11*am, "
wrote:
We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
skins................
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

How about a pasta bar? You could have a few different sauces/mix ins.
Most people like pasta, after all...

Or a chili bar,or baked potato bar. (see a theme in my ideas??)

Very self-serve, which will be easier for you.

Have fun,
Kris
Old 26-01-2009, 06:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 26, 12:03*pm, Kris wrote:
On Jan 26, 10:11*am, "
wrote:

We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
skins................
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

How about a pasta bar? You could have a few different sauces/mix ins.
Most people like pasta, after all...

Or a chili bar,or baked potato bar. (see a theme in my ideas??)

Very self-serve, which will be easier for you.

Have fun,
Kris

I get your theme, how about a salad bar? LOL Not even on a good day
for these folks.
Thanks for everyone's thoughts
Old 26-01-2009, 06:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
" wrote:

We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
skins................
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

Buffalo wings.
Yam/sweet potato fries.
Bean and cheese nachos.
Corn chips with fresh Ranch Dressing.
Celery sticks with Ranch or Shrimp dip.

There are a million and one ideas. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Old 26-01-2009, 08:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message
We have the neighborhood party every year and I am looking for
something new to have. Actually we have neighborhood parties all year
so I am really looking for something new. I am tired of the tacco
dips, various cheese things, mini hot dogs, pizza, calzones, potato
skins................
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

A Do-It-Yourself Chili bar.

Make a basic Chili

Condiments to include:

Cheddar Cheese
Pepper Jack Cheese
Grated American Cheese
Chili Beans
Raw Onions
Soda/Oyster crackers
Mild diced green chilies
Fritos Scoops
Cooked Spaghetti
Several different hot sauces
About anything else you can think of.

:-)

Dimitri

Old 26-01-2009, 08:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Spaghetti??? You forgot rice and sour cream.

gloria p

Old 26-01-2009, 08:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" wrote in message
Dimitri wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

http://www.skylinechili.com/

:-)

Dimitri

3-Way Chili: Our signature dish...steaming
spaghetti, covered with our original, secret-recipe chili and
topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.
Small Regular Large
4-Way Chili: A 3-Way with diced onions or red beans.
Small Regular Large
5-Way Chili: A 3-Way with diced onions and red beans.
Small Regular Large
Chili Spaghetti: Steaming spaghetti covered with
our original, secret-recipe chili.
Small Regular Large
With diced onions or red beans
Small Regular Large
With diced onions and red beans
Small Regular Large
Make any Way vegetarian by substituting Black Beans and Rice for Chili.
Extras available for an additional charge.
What We're Famous For
Loaded Chili Bowl: Our secret-recipe
chili with red beans and onions topped with shredded
cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Chili Cheese Bowl: Our secret-recipe
chili topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
Chili Bowl: Our secret-recipe chili.
Coney Bowl: Three of our specially made
hot dogs in a bowl of our secret-recipe chili topped
with shredded cheddar cheese.
Vegetarian Black Beans & Rice:
A bowl of Black Beans and Rice, specially seasoned
with our secret spices. Served with a side of
sour cream and diced onions.

Old 27-01-2009, 01:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheddar Cheese
Pepper Jack Cheese
Grated American Cheese
Chili Beans
Raw Onions
Soda/Oyster crackers
Mild diced green chilies
Fritos Scoops
Cooked Spaghetti
Several different hot sauces
About anything else you can think of.

:-)

Dimitri

Spaghetti??? * You forgot rice and sour cream.

Not to mention sliced jalapeno peppers.

I think it's a Cincinnati Chili thing he's going for. I lived in
Cincinnati for five years and the Chili isn't really Chili as most
people think, but more of a runny, somewhat bland meat sauce with a
consistency closer to sloppy joes or taco meat without the chopped
onions and peppers in it. And you put the hot sauce on top to your
own liking. Cincinnati Chili isn't an Italian Dish or a Mexican dish
but was first developed by a Greek restaurant owner in the Cincinnati
area in the early 1920's.
Old 27-01-2009, 01:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael O'Connor" wrote in message

[...]

I know about Skyline however I was going for any kind of Chili the crowd or
host(ess) would care to make. Many years ago when Bob's Big Boy was a So
Cal restaurant chain they served chili over spaghetti. It's not a bad dish
especially when smothered in Cheese.

New Post to come.

Dimitri

Old 27-01-2009, 03:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
"Gloria P" wrote in message
Dimitri wrote:

wrote in message
We have the neighborhood party every year snip
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mary Jo

A Do-It-Yourself Chili bar.

snip
3-Way Chili: Our signature dish...steaming
spaghetti, covered with our original, secret-recipe chili and

BURP SNIP
.. Served with a side of
sour cream and diced onions.

Alka Seltzer of Pepto must be included on the table
Janet

Old 27-01-2009, 03:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
snip
I know about Skyline however I was going for any kind of Chili the
crowd or host(ess) would care to make. Many years ago when Bob's Big
Boy was a So Cal restaurant chain they served chili over spaghetti.
It's not a bad dish especially when smothered in Cheese.

New Post to come.

Dimitri

Back in the day, mid-western chili was made with either elbow macaroni or
spaghetti. My family did elbow mac/
Janet

Super Bowl Dimitri General Cooking 59 12-01-2014 04:33 AM
TN: older Super Tuscan for the Super Bowl DaleW Wine 0 08-02-2010 04:13 PM
Super Bowl? Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 28 20-01-2008 05:55 PM