Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default American chopsticks

sf wrote on Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:08:15 -0800:

>> I hope I can describe the simple technique.
>>
>> Take the wrapper and about 1" in fold at an angle so the long
>> flap comes down at a 90 degree angle, where the almost like
>> the first fold of a paper airplane. Take the tail and do it
>> again and you'll have a pyramid at the top of the paper. A
>> third fold and then a fourth fold in the same manner will
>> leave a perfect square, tuck the long end under the first
>> fold and you're done.
>>
>> Adding machine tape (paper) makes perfect practice paper.
>>
>> Dimitri

> I can't visualize that. I'm too used to making the triangle
> fold. Does anything here ring true?
> http://www.muttmansion.com/wiki.cgi?...swerChopsticks

Yes, well worth posting! That's how to do it for a simple and adequate
stand. The essence of the origami inward fold is that the paper is
precreased by a simple fold before turning it inwards.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
> Yes, he uses a lot of ketchup. On some foods, ketchup is great, but you
> should at least taste it, first.
>
> Becca

I totally agree.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Michael Kuettner wrote:

>>> That's mentioned in Da Vinci's Kitchen....
>>>

>> Not only there. It also pops up sometimes over in s.h.m.
>> Thanks for the book ! There's a place on the shelf waiting for it ...
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Michael Kuettner
>>

> s.h.m? do tell...

soc.history.medieval.
Nowadays mostly off-topic because of a cross-posting troll, but some med.
content
still can be found.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Kuettner wrote:

> "Jean B." > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> s.h.m? do tell...

> soc.history.medieval.
> Nowadays mostly off-topic because of a cross-posting troll, but some med.
> content
> still can be found.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael Kuettner

Ah, thanks. I might just take a peek.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Milton Lewis wrote:
> flitterbit wrote:
>> notbob wrote:
>>> I'm sitting here watching an old episode of Law & Order. Both
>>> Waterston and
>>> Hennessy are eating Chinese out of take-out boxes with disposable
>>> chopsticks. Regulars know what I think about all the networks standard
>>> representation of NY'ers always eating Chinese in this manner. If you
>>> don't, I say it's all total crap.
>>>
>>> We've flogged this subject ad nauseum, but have we been honest about it.
>>> Yeah, we all use chopsticks in a restaurant cuz we wanna SHOW RESPECT
>>> for
>>> the CULTURE (eye-roll). BUT!!... what about take-out? I've been eating
>>> Chinese take-out all my life and have NEVER found those disposable
>>> chopsticks in the bag. Does that mean I should have them at home all
>>> the
>>> time? I may occasionally use chopsticks at home, but I'm weird. I
>>> know of NO 0NE
>>> else who does so. Maybe me and mine are declasse, but I doubt it.
>>> Do YOU
>>> really have your own chopsticks at home for yourself and guests and
>>> family
>>> when Asian food is on the menu? C'mon, be honest. (CC! ... a poll!)
>>>
>>> nb
>> >

>> Yes, we have chopsticks at home, both disposables that we buy by the
>> bag of several dozen pairs per bag, as well as reusables. As for
>> whether anyone else in our circle uses them, I honestly don't know
>> since it never occurred to me to ask.

> I've been sitting here for nearly an hour, reading these inane posts,
> and have learned not a stinking thing about cooking food! Please! Look
> at the name of the ng!

No one's forcing you to read the threads that don't interest you; why do
you persist in complaining? Are you so unfamiliar with Usenet that you
don't understand how non-moderated groups work?

BTW, why did you respond to me instead of to the first post in the
discussion?

If you want to learn about cooking food, ask some questions; how hard is
that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Milton Lewis wrote:

> I've been sitting here for nearly an hour, reading these inane posts,
> and have learned not a stinking thing about cooking food! Please!
> Look at the name of the ng!

Yet ... I look, and I don't see a single food post from you!
Only off topic complaining!

Post some food related and ignore what you don't like.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:39:18 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>>sf wrote:

>>> Old fashioned newspaper ink made the news papers good for mulch
>>> because of the zink in the ink. Humans need zink too.
>>>

>>Uh, I'll pass on that source, if it is one.

> Suit/Suite yourself - or Google "do humans need zinc" or a variation
> of that phrase.

Yeah - I'm sure they use food-grade zinc for printing newspapers.
Not to mention all those other beneficial minerals from the
recycling process.

-sw

Chopsticks notbob General Cooking 91 25-01-2012 12:17 AM
(2010-07-13) NS-RFC: Chopsticks! ChattyCathy General Cooking 44 19-07-2010 05:11 PM
Why do we still use chopsticks? Karen[_3_] General Cooking 199 25-04-2007 04:46 PM
Where can I get personalized chopsticks Timur Tabi Sushi 2 05-12-2005 07:38 PM
Chopsticks Mekare Sushi 202 05-11-2004 03:11 AM