Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What vegetable goes with Lasagna?

Do any?

I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of
garlic bread.

But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it be?

Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.

Thx.

-Jared

(Gots to eat muh veggies!)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

phaeton > wrote in
:

> Do any?
>
> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of
> garlic bread.
>
> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would
> it be?
>
> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>
> Thx.
>
> -Jared
>

> (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

Not strictly a vege, but grapes go with lasagne........ ezpecially when
they are in the red wine form.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"And where is the Prince who can afford to so cover his country with
troops for its defense, as that ten thousand men descending from the
clouds, might not in many places do an infinite deal of mischief, before
a force could be brought together to repel them?"

Benjamin Franklin 1748
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phaeton" > wrote in message
> Do any?
>
> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of garlic
> bread.
>
> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
> be?
>
> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.

Salad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:51:41 -0600, phaeton >
wrote:

>Do any?
>
>I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of
>garlic bread.
>
>But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it be?
>
>Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>
>Thx.
>
>-Jared

Hi Jared,

Broccoli seems to go well, to my taste. Italian (wide) green beans
are a standard.

Best -- Terry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Do any?
>
>I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of
>garlic bread.
>
>But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it be?

green salad
wilted spinach

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phaeton" > wrote in message
> Do any?
>
> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of garlic
> bread.
>
> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
> be?
>
> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>
> Thx.

A green salad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

phaeton wrote:

> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
> be?

broccoli... leftover and made into salad. Lots of vinegar, some good
olive oil, lots of salt, some pepper, a little garlic and some minced
red onion and optionally some sliced cherry tomatoes...tossed and let to
sit for about 15 minutes. The quality of the oil and vinegar and
seasoning on the generous side with salt are what make this, IMO.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in
:

> "phaeton" > wrote in message
>> Do any?
>>
>> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of
>> garlic bread.
>>
>> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would
>> it be?
>>
>> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>>
>> Thx.
>>

> A green salad.

Yep.

Though not necessarily just a green salad. I like to have a leafy salad
with some chopped up tomato, cucumber, mandarin, etc, etc in it. It's
like a palate cleanser between mouthfulls of lasagne.

The salad also goes great with pizza.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"And where is the Prince who can afford to so cover his country with
troops for its defense, as that ten thousand men descending from the
clouds, might not in many places do an infinite deal of mischief, before
a force could be brought together to repel them?"

Benjamin Franklin 1748
Posted to rec.food.cooking

phaeton wrote:

> if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna what would it be?

Giardiniera
Posted to rec.food.cooking
k k is offline

"phaeton" > wrote in message
> Do any?
>
> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of garlic
> bread.
>
> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
> be?
>
> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>
> Thx.
>
> -Jared
>

> (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

A simple salad - lettuce, onion bits and olive oil, near room temp. Have
grated cheese and a pepper mill nearby.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:02:52 -0800 (PST), Sheldon >
wrote:

>phaeton wrote:
>>
>> if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna what would it be?

>Giardiniera

Giardiniera confuses people shemp. If you were to use enough Chicago
style giardiniera to consider it a side dish you'll be very sorry. If
you use the pickled spring mix in white vinegar I think it would pair
up poorly. I do use Chicago style giardiniera on beefs, pizza,
lasagna, eggplant / chicken / veal parmesan and it's a perfect blend.

But it's not a side dish, it's a condiment.

I've looked at recipes for years to make my own but never been
impressed enough to try one of them. Plus the fact that there's
always at least 10 brands on the store shelves and at the deli counter
so the motivation isn't there. An it's dirt cheap to buy. I do know
someone who makes a fabulous product but I've never got him drunk
enough to get the recipe.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phaeton" > wrote in message
> Do any?
>
> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of garlic
> bread.
>
> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
> be?
>
> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>
> Thx.
>
> -Jared
>

> (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

I always go with a green vegetable with pasta. You definitely do not want
squash or any other heavy veggie. I like garlic buttered peas, green beans,
brussel sprouts, lima beans, and even broccoli. I usually reserve broccoli
for the evening we are having sea food. Just me. Make the vegetable
colorful and not too filling to accompany the lasagna.

Later,

Dale P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "phaeton" > wrote in message
>> Do any?
>>
>> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of garlic
>> bread.
>>
>> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
>> be?
>>
>> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>>

> Salad.

Yes, or broccoli.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote
> wilted spinach

Never thought of that. It sounds good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I would make a salad that has some crunch to it....romaine, cucs,
tomatoes, sort of a Greek salad but no cheese....enough in the lasagne.
Best wishes,
Ellie
FINALLY! Rain in SF....very much needed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:27:08 -0600, "K" >
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>"phaeton" > wrote in message
. ..
>> Do any?
>>
>> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of garlic
>> bread.
>>
>> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
>> be?
>>
>> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>>
>> Thx.
>>
>> -Jared
>>

>> (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

>A simple salad - lettuce, onion bits and olive oil, near room temp. Have
>grated cheese and a pepper mill nearby.

I'm with you, only I'd dress the salad with a homemade extra-virgin
olive oil & balsamic vinaigrette, add some celery and leave out the
cheese because the lasagna needs something fresh light.

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dale P wrote:

> I always go with a green vegetable with pasta. You definitely do not
> want squash or any other heavy veggie. I like garlic buttered peas,
> green beans, brussel sprouts, lima beans, and even broccoli. I usually
> reserve broccoli for the evening we are having sea food. Just me. Make
> the vegetable colorful and not too filling to accompany the lasagna.
>
> Later,
>
> Dale P

And I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad
after the lasagna is the norm.

You don't consider starchy peas or lima beans, all buttered up to be
heavy?? I don't even think they compliment the meal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Green Jello with pineapple and cottage cheese?
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba > wrote:

> Dale P wrote:
>
> > I always go with a green vegetable with pasta. You definitely do not
> > want squash or any other heavy veggie. I like garlic buttered peas,
> > green beans, brussel sprouts, lima beans, and even broccoli. I usually
> > reserve broccoli for the evening we are having sea food. Just me. Make
> > the vegetable colorful and not too filling to accompany the lasagna.

> And I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad
> after the lasagna is the norm.
>
> You don't consider starchy peas or lima beans, all buttered up to be
> heavy?? I don't even think they compliment the meal.

I think "heavy" and "light" are sometimes more perception or tradition
than reality. My perception is that peas and lima beans aren't all that
light, but my perception is also that they compliment the meal.

I like spinach or swiss chard with lasagna, assuming that the lasagna
doesn't already have spinach in it.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba" > wrote in message
> Dale P wrote:
>
>> I always go with a green vegetable with pasta. You definitely do not
>> want squash or any other heavy veggie. I like garlic buttered peas,
>> green beans, brussel sprouts, lima beans, and even broccoli. I usually
>> reserve broccoli for the evening we are having sea food. Just me. Make
>> the vegetable colorful and not too filling to accompany the lasagna.
>>
>> Later,
>>
>> Dale P
>>

> And I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad
> after the lasagna is the norm.
>
> You don't consider starchy peas or lima beans, all buttered up to be
> heavy?? I don't even think they compliment the meal.

Well then, by Gawd they don't. I mean, how could they?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:

> I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad after
> the lasagna is the norm.

I'm guessing that the OP (phaeton) wasn't thinking in terms of a "pasta
course" which would be preceded or succeeded by other courses. I think that
the concept being employed here is that lasagna is being served as the main
dish with all the side dishes being on the table at the same time.

I'd recommend whatever is in season and looks best at the market to
accompany the lasagna. In the midst of winter, I'd serve cardoons stewed in
olive oil with garlic, lemon, and red pepper flakes, for example.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:32:23 -0500, Goomba >
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>And I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad
>after the lasagna is the norm.

A mixed green salad with rocket, two types of lettuce, mesculin,
sliced onion, red pepper, celery and cucumber dressed with Paul
Newman's light Balsamic is what I had after my spaghetti with clams,
Puntanessca sauce and Parmesan tonight. Burp!

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Do any?
>
>I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of
>garlic bread.
>
>But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it be?
>
>Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.

Anything green... green beans or broccoli. Or a green salad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
phaeton > wrote:

> Do any?
>
> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of
> garlic bread.
>
> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it be?
>
> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>
> Thx.
>
> -Jared
>

> (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

Something green.
A marinated vegetable salad* or a salad of mixed greens would be nice.
* Three- or four-bean salad
Marinated artichokes
Marinated broccoli-cauliflower-red onion slices-mushrooms-black olives

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's wrote on Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:40:48 -0600:

>> Do any?
>>
>> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some
>> sort of garlic bread.
>>
>> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna,
>> what would it be?
>>
>> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>>
>> Thx.
>>
>> -Jared
>>
>> (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

> Something green.
> A marinated vegetable salad* or a salad of mixed greens would
> be nice. * Three- or four-bean salad
> Marinated artichokes
> Marinated broccoli-cauliflower-red onion
> slices-mushrooms-black olives

I'd go along with most types of green salad with a simple dressing,
Italian or French.. Lasagna tends to overwhelm anything subtle even it
is pretty good!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 23, 12:32*am, Goomba > wrote:
> Dale P wrote:
> > I always go with a green vegetable with pasta. *You definitely do not
> > want squash or any other heavy veggie. *I like garlic buttered peas,
> > green beans, brussel sprouts, lima beans, and even broccoli. *I usually
> > reserve broccoli for the evening we are having sea food. *Just me. *Make
> > the vegetable colorful and not too filling to accompany the lasagna.

> > Later,

> > Dale P

> And I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad
> after the lasagna is the norm.

I doubt the OP thinks in terms of the "pasta course". He's probably
having
lasagna for dinner and that's it. If he serves a salad, I'd bet
dollars to doughnuts
that it'll be served before or with the lasagna.

My husband was used to having everything served at once, but I've got
him onto
salad before dinner now, in a blatant effort to fill his stomach with
leaves so he'll
eat less of the calorie-dense foods. It's not really working very
well, but I refuse
to give up. At our house, it's salad and then the meat and starch.
Typically no
other vegetable is served, because he wouldn't eat them.

Loved your broccoli salad idea, though. That'll keep broccoli from
winding up
blooming in the trash.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 22, 10:38�pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:02:52 -0800 (PST), Sheldon >
> wrote:
>
> >phaeton wrote:

> >> if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna what would it be?

> >Giardiniera

> Giardiniera confuses people shemp. �If you were to use enough Chicago
> style giardiniera to consider it a side dish you'll be very sorry. �If
> you use the pickled spring mix in white vinegar I think it would pair
> up poorly. �I do use Chicago style giardiniera on beefs, pizza,
> lasagna, eggplant / chicken / veal parmesan and it's a perfect blend.
>
> But it's not a side dish, it's a condiment. �
>
> I've looked at recipes for years to make my own but never been
> impressed enough to try one of them. �Plus the fact that there's
> always at least 10 brands on the store shelves and at the deli counter
> so the motivation isn't there. �An it's dirt cheap to buy. �I do know
> someone who makes a fabulous product but I've never got him drunk
> enough to get the recipe. �
>
> Lou �

So essentially what you're saying is that you're an ignorant
*******... I heartily agree. That hacked up Chicago style compost
(tantamount to hot dog relish) is not anything like real Italian
Giardiniera. At a real Italian deli the display of Giardiniera is a
work of art... it's the perfect vegetable accompaniment to any Italian
meal. Giardiniera is the Italian version of health salad one would
find at a Kosher deli, only a far fancier presentation... often
displayed in an intricate mosaic in very large decorative glass
vessels. There ain't much authentic about Chicago's Little Italy, even
that deep trough slop they call pizza is a farce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

phaeton wrote:
> Do any?
>
> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of
> garlic bread.
>
> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
> be?
>
> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>
> Thx.
>
> -Jared
>

> (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

Why not a nice green salad? lettuce, tomato, green onions, broccoli all
mixed up and served with a nice vinaigrette? as a side dish or separate
course?
--
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> I'd recommend whatever is in season and looks best at the market to
> accompany the lasagna. In the midst of winter, I'd serve cardoons stewed
> in olive oil with garlic, lemon, and red pepper flakes, for example.
>
> Bob

Interesting. I wouldn't know a cardoon from a cardigan and I'd assume
they taste pretty similar.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>

>> I'd recommend whatever is in season and looks best at the market to
>> accompany the lasagna. In the midst of winter, I'd serve cardoons stewed
>> in olive oil with garlic, lemon, and red pepper flakes, for example.
>>
>> Bob

> Interesting. I wouldn't know a cardoon from a cardigan and I'd assume
> they taste pretty similar.

Oh, please. Can't you tell by his posts that "Bob" is a man of taste and
refinement? And then there's his wife ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob wrote on Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:45:45 -0800:

>> I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad
>> after the lasagna is the norm.

> I'm guessing that the OP (phaeton) wasn't thinking in terms of
> a "pasta course" which would be preceded or succeeded by other
> courses. I think that the concept being employed here is that lasagna
> is being served as the main dish with all the side
> dishes being on the table at the same time.

> I'd recommend whatever is in season and looks best at the
> market to accompany the lasagna. In the midst of winter, I'd
> serve cardoons stewed in olive oil with garlic, lemon, and red
> pepper flakes, for example.

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardoon

Cardoon stalks can be covered with small, nearly invisible spines that
can cause substantial pain if they become lodged in the skin. Several
"spineless" cultivars have been developed to overcome this but care in
handling is recommended for all types.

The main root can be boiled and served cold.

The flowers of the thistle-like plant are pretty and the buds can be
eaten as well as the stems but it hardly seems worth the trouble to me.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
bob > wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:32:23 -0500, Goomba >
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
> >And I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad
> >after the lasagna is the norm.

> A mixed green salad with rocket, two types of lettuce, mesculin,
> sliced onion, red pepper, celery and cucumber dressed with Paul
> Newman's light Balsamic is what I had after my spaghetti with clams,
> Puntanessca sauce and Parmesan tonight. Burp!

But what's for dessert? You *do* know what puttanesca is, don't you?

:-)

From my dictionary:

puttanesca

adjective [usually postpositive ]

denoting a pasta sauce typically including tomatoes, garlic, olives, and
anchovies : pasta puttanesca.

ORIGIN Italian, from puttana 'prostitute' (the sauce is said to have
been devised by prostitutes as one that could be cooked quickly between
clients' visits).

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phaeton" > wrote in message
> Do any?
>
> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of garlic
> bread.
>
> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
> be?
>
> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>
> Thx.
>
> -Jared
>

> (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

Spinach.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 23, 1:30�pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "phaeton" > wrote in message

> > Do any?

> > I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of garlic
> > bread.

> > But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it
> > be?

> > Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.

> > Thx.

> > -Jared

> > (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

> Spinach.

I think if someone wants veggies with lasagna they should put the
veggies IN the lasagna... and then serve meat on the side! LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
phaeton > wrote:

> Do any?
>
> I've always had lasagna pretty much by itself, or with some sort of
> garlic bread.
>
> But if you were to add a vegetable on the side of lasagna, what would it be?
>
> Plz don't say squash or zuccini though.
>
> Thx.
>
> -Jared
>

> (Gots to eat muh veggies!)

Asparagus!

And some baby carrots maybe...
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:44:35 -0800, Dan Abel > shouted
from the highest rooftop:

>In article >,
> bob > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:32:23 -0500, Goomba >
>> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>
>> >And I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad
>> >after the lasagna is the norm.

>> A mixed green salad with rocket, two types of lettuce, mesculin,
>> sliced onion, red pepper, celery and cucumber dressed with Paul
>> Newman's light Balsamic is what I had after my spaghetti with clams,
>> Puntanessca sauce and Parmesan tonight. Burp!

>But what's for dessert? You *do* know what puttanesca is, don't you?
>
>:-)

LOL! I know what it means, but not how to spell it ... ;-)

>From my dictionary:
>
>puttanesca
>
>adjective [usually postpositive ]
>
>denoting a pasta sauce typically including tomatoes, garlic, olives, and
>anchovies : pasta puttanesca.
>
>ORIGIN Italian, from puttana 'prostitute' (the sauce is said to have
>been devised by prostitutes as one that could be cooked quickly between
>clients' visits).

A hardworking prostitute could fit in a few more clients with my usual
summer pasta sauce.

I simply chop up some ripe tomatoes, add a pinch or two of sea salt,
tear up some fresh basil leaves and mix into the toms with my hands,
cover and put aside for twenty minutes to meld. Then I bung it on top
of some freshly cooked pasta, add some Parmesan & freshly ground black
pepper and devour.

The much spicier Puttanesca sauce I had last night was made with toms,
olive oil, anchovies, olives, capers, herbs, dried chilli, salt &
pepper. All I added was a few dozen clams.

The sauce is made by our neighbours, who are both master chefs as well
as lovely people. To fit into their 24/7 job of bringing up 3 bright,
young sons they gave up their restaurant and started up an event
catering business and a company called The Matapouri Kitchen (after
the bay where we live) - which makes specialist sauces and dressings
for other restaurants and delicatessens.

Their commercial sauces are exquisite.

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Gloria P" > wrote in message
>> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>>
>>> I'd recommend whatever is in season and looks best at the market to
>>> accompany the lasagna. In the midst of winter, I'd serve cardoons stewed
>>> in olive oil with garlic, lemon, and red pepper flakes, for example.
>>>
>>> Bob

>> Interesting. I wouldn't know a cardoon from a cardigan and I'd assume
>> they taste pretty similar.
>>

> Oh, please. Can't you tell by his posts that "Bob" is a man of taste and
> refinement? And then there's his wife ...

Oops. I forgot the smiley. So did you.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:

>>> Interesting. I wouldn't know a cardoon from a cardigan and I'd assume
>>> they taste pretty similar.
>>>

>> Oh, please. Can't you tell by his posts that "Bob" is a man of taste and
>> refinement? And then there's his wife ...

> Oops. I forgot the smiley. So did you.

Oh, yeah. oops.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lots of great suggestions. Thanks everyone!

I think i'll go with a green salad. It's been forever since I've had
one (so long that I must have forgotten about them), and I love my salads.

Also, to clarify, I was meaning for the vegetable to be served with the
lasagna simultaneously, on the same plate. Although the idea of eating
the salad first (with the idea that I'll eat less calorie-dense lasagna)
isn't such a bad idea either.

Either way, I think I'm looking forward to the salad as much as the lasagna.

Thanks again!

-Jared
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phaeton" > wrote in message
> Lots of great suggestions. Thanks everyone!
>
> I think i'll go with a green salad. It's been forever since I've had one
> (so long that I must have forgotten about them), and I love my salads.
>
> Also, to clarify, I was meaning for the vegetable to be served with the
> lasagna simultaneously, on the same plate. Although the idea of eating
> the salad first (with the idea that I'll eat less calorie-dense lasagna)
> isn't such a bad idea either.
>
> Either way, I think I'm looking forward to the salad as much as the
> lasagna.

Good choice, Jared! I think I would like to have them at the same time, nice
contrast of flavor and texture.

Country Vegetable Lasagna Duckie ® Recipes 0 19-01-2006 02:18 PM
New Vegetable Lasagna 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 27-11-2004 05:52 AM
Light Vegetable Lasagna 7Hawks Recipes 0 07-11-2004 04:58 AM
Vegetable Lasagna Debi Moseley Recipes (moderated) 0 04-07-2004 01:26 PM
Vegetable Cheese Lasagna Web Surfer Recipes (moderated) 0 29-06-2004 02:24 PM