Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Maple Ginger Carrots

I cooked some carrot sticks (cut them myself, Kiddoes) then drained
them. Melted about a tablespoon of butter in the saucepan and added
maybe a tablespoon and a half of maple syrup. I grated abut 2 teaspoons
of fresh ginger into it, brought it to boil then added the carrots back
in to heat. It was pretty good. Plenty sweet -- maybe too.

The rest of the meal was oven-fried chicken (I used pancake mix instead
of plain flour for dredging just for the heckuva it), twice-baked
potatoes, and the Secret Schaller Family Recipe for cole slaw. It was
tasty.

Leo, I am in your debt for the twice-bakeds procedure.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 16, 9:07*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> I cooked some carrot sticks (cut them myself, Kiddoes) then drained
> them. *Melted about a tablespoon of butter in the saucepan and added
> maybe a tablespoon and a half of maple syrup. *I grated abut 2 teaspoons
> of fresh ginger into it, brought it to boil then added the carrots back
> in to heat. *It was pretty good. *Plenty sweet -- maybe too.
>
> The rest of the meal was oven-fried chicken (I used pancake mix instead
> of plain flour for dredging just for the heckuva it), twice-baked
> potatoes, and the Secret Schaller Family Recipe for cole slaw. *It was
> tasty.
>
> Leo, I am in your debt for the twice-bakeds procedure.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschallerhttp://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100041
> -- a woman my age shouldn't
> have this much fun!

Want a really easy and fast way with carrots? Drain 'em, shake 'em dry
in the pan and splash a couple of tablespoons of Amaretto on 'em.
Divine!
Lynn in Fargo