Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REQUEST: TNT Buddha's Delight

Or some such recipe that utilizes baby corn. I have fresh. Of
course, I can resort to google (I did start and was interested to
see that MANY of the recipes were exactly the same) or (gasp) dig
out my the bookcase that houses my Chinese cookbooks.

Any other recipe that might be a good use for fresh baby corn
would also be welcome.

Thanks!
--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jean B." > wrote:

> Or some such recipe that utilizes baby corn. I have fresh. Of
> course, I can resort to google (I did start and was interested to
> see that MANY of the recipes were exactly the same) or (gasp) dig
> out my the bookcase that houses my Chinese cookbooks.
>
> Any other recipe that might be a good use for fresh baby corn
> would also be welcome.
>
> Thanks!

Hoo boy. Just a basic stir fry is what I generally do with them! Using
bean sprouts, pod peas, shitake mushrooms (thinly sliced), scallions,
bamboo shoots and sliced water chestnuts. Fine grate fresh ginger and
mince some garlic to add to that.

Fry in your choice of oils and add some oyster sauce and soy sauce to
finish.

Baby corn also goes well in a multitude of salads.
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Or some such recipe that utilizes baby corn. I have fresh. Of
>> course, I can resort to google (I did start and was interested to
>> see that MANY of the recipes were exactly the same) or (gasp) dig
>> out my the bookcase that houses my Chinese cookbooks.
>>
>> Any other recipe that might be a good use for fresh baby corn
>> would also be welcome.
>>
>> Thanks!

> Hoo boy. Just a basic stir fry is what I generally do with them! Using
> bean sprouts, pod peas, shitake mushrooms (thinly sliced), scallions,
> bamboo shoots and sliced water chestnuts. Fine grate fresh ginger and
> mince some garlic to add to that.
>
> Fry in your choice of oils and add some oyster sauce and soy sauce to
> finish.
>
> Baby corn also goes well in a multitude of salads.

Yes, this might just end up being a kind-of random stir-fry.
Salad--that's an interesting thought. Thanks.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-01-12, Jean B. > wrote:

> Or some such recipe that utilizes baby corn. I have fresh. Of
> course, I can resort to google (I did start and was interested to
> see that MANY of the recipes were exactly the same) or (gasp) dig
> out my the bookcase that houses my Chinese cookbooks.
>
> Any other recipe that might be a good use for fresh baby corn
> would also be welcome.

Kai Phat Yot Khao Pot (Chicken with Baby Corn)
http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/...thai+recipe259

--
Clay Irving >
All Bibles are man-made.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Clay Irving wrote:
> On 2009-01-12, Jean B. > wrote:
>
>> Or some such recipe that utilizes baby corn. I have fresh. Of
>> course, I can resort to google (I did start and was interested to
>> see that MANY of the recipes were exactly the same) or (gasp) dig
>> out my the bookcase that houses my Chinese cookbooks.
>>
>> Any other recipe that might be a good use for fresh baby corn
>> would also be welcome.

> Kai Phat Yot Khao Pot (Chicken with Baby Corn)
> http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/...thai+recipe259

Oh great--and I am very happy to be reminded of your site. It has
been much too long since I visited it. Thanks!

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-01-13, Jean B. > wrote:
> Clay Irving wrote:
>> On 2009-01-12, Jean B. > wrote:

>>> Or some such recipe that utilizes baby corn. I have fresh. Of
>>> course, I can resort to google (I did start and was interested to
>>> see that MANY of the recipes were exactly the same) or (gasp) dig
>>> out my the bookcase that houses my Chinese cookbooks.
>>>
>>> Any other recipe that might be a good use for fresh baby corn
>>> would also be welcome.

>> Kai Phat Yot Khao Pot (Chicken with Baby Corn)
>> http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/...thai+recipe259

> Oh great--and I am very happy to be reminded of your site. It has
> been much too long since I visited it. Thanks!

You can also get to it this way: http://clays-kitchen.com/

It is a little easier to remember.

--
Clay Irving >
We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Clay Irving wrote:
> On 2009-01-13, Jean B. > wrote:
>> Clay Irving wrote:

>>> Kai Phat Yot Khao Pot (Chicken with Baby Corn)
>>> http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/...thai+recipe259

>> Oh great--and I am very happy to be reminded of your site. It has
>> been much too long since I visited it. Thanks!

> You can also get to it this way: http://clays-kitchen.com/
>
> It is a little easier to remember.

Thanks. I have soooo many bookmarks, many of which are
unorganized. I do recall that I liked your site very much, so I
will be sure to look through it again.

--
Jean B.

Buddha's Jewels International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 13-03-2006 08:42 AM
Turkish Delight James Silverton Recipes (moderated) 0 15-11-2005 06:08 AM
Turkish Delight International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 30-10-2005 11:42 PM
Buddha Hand Lemons Grognard General 0 27-08-2004 06:19 PM
Turkish Delight International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 07-12-2003 03:41 PM