Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cake mix to Brownies??

I have a chocolate cake mix and need to make brownies. Any suggestions?
I don't have the ingredients for scratch brownies....tia...Sharon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
> "biig" > : in
> rec.food.cooking
>
>> I have a chocolate cake mix and need to make brownies. Any
>> suggestions?
>> I don't have the ingredients for scratch brownies....tia...Sharon

> I've never made brownies from cake mix so I have no suggestions. But go on
> out to Google and type in- cake mix brownies. You'll get a lot of hits
> and
> can probably find a recipe to suit your pantry
>
> Michael

DUH!! Thanks Michael. I should have *tried* but couldn't think
of what to ask for. I'll do that.......Sharon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 10 Jan 2009 06:16:56a, biig told us...

> I have a chocolate cake mix and need to make brownies. Any
> suggestions?
> I don't have the ingredients for scratch brownies....tia...Sharon

I like this one, Sharon, but there are dozens on the Internet.

Cake Mix Brownies

1 box (18-1/4 oz) butter-recipe fudge cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
1 cup chocolate chips, optional
1 can (16-oz) prepared icing, or powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13" pan. Stir together cake mix, eggs,
melted butter and nuts, if desired, in bowl until well blended. Mixture
will be stiff. Spread in pan.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in the center. Let cool. Spread with
prepared icing or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Saturday, 01(I)/10(X)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
1wks 1dys 15hrs 14mins
Wanted: Volcano. Average size. Must be active.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> On Sat 10 Jan 2009 06:16:56a, biig told us...
>
>> I have a chocolate cake mix and need to make brownies. Any
>> suggestions?
>> I don't have the ingredients for scratch brownies....tia...Sharon
>>

> I like this one, Sharon, but there are dozens on the Internet.
>
> Cake Mix Brownies
>
> 1 box (18-1/4 oz) butter-recipe fudge cake mix
> 2 eggs
> 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
> 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
> 1 cup chocolate chips, optional
> 1 can (16-oz) prepared icing, or powdered sugar
>
> Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13" pan. Stir together cake mix, eggs,
> melted butter and nuts, if desired, in bowl until well blended. Mixture
> will be stiff. Spread in pan.
>
> Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in the center. Let cool. Spread
> with
> prepared icing or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares.
>

> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Thanks Wayne...Sharon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 10 Jan 2009 09:05:03a, biig told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 5.247...
>> On Sat 10 Jan 2009 06:16:56a, biig told us...
>>
>>> I have a chocolate cake mix and need to make brownies. Any
>>> suggestions?
>>> I don't have the ingredients for scratch brownies....tia...Sharon
>>>

>> I like this one, Sharon, but there are dozens on the Internet.
>>
>> Cake Mix Brownies
>>
>> 1 box (18-1/4 oz) butter-recipe fudge cake mix
>> 2 eggs
>> 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
>> 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
>> 1 cup chocolate chips, optional
>> 1 can (16-oz) prepared icing, or powdered sugar
>>
>> Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13" pan. Stir together cake mix, eggs,
>> melted butter and nuts, if desired, in bowl until well blended. Mixture
>> will be stiff. Spread in pan.
>>
>> Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in the center. Let cool. Spread
>> with
>> prepared icing or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares.
>>

>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> Thanks Wayne...Sharon

You're welcome!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Saturday, 01(I)/10(X)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
1wks 1dys 14hrs 53mins
I'm not breaking the rules -- I'm just testing their elasticity.