Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default U own Senseo or other single-serve coffee maker?

Nothing like a good cup of coffee with a meal, especially breakfast,
but often much was throw away. I would make a pot, think I wanted it
and not end up drinking it. I decided to try a single-serve approach
and I love it.

I bought a Senseo machine off Ebay for about $20. It came with some
Senseo pods which I did not care for. I also did not like the fact
that when you open the bag, there is no way to protect the unused pods
from air. Also, the biggest disappointment was the amount of coffee a
pod is supposed to make. There cup is 4 oz and it really is not that
good, but I did like the Senseo Columbian coffee.

I began searching to see if anything better exists. Luckily, I found a
great substitute. Going to coffee sites, everyone kept recommending
Fratello coffee pods and each pod hold 10 grams of coffee, more than
enough for a full cup using the two-cup button. It is GREAT tasting
and I thought I would share it with you. The site I found offers
sample packs with free shipping and you can pay with Paypal! (I love
that as my CC's are maxed out ;( Another thing is that each pod is
packaged separately so all other pods stay fresh!

Go here and check out this sample page. Scroll down and read about the
different varieties. Also, if you have a single-serve machine, which
pods do you use and what are your favs?

http://www.thecoffeeartisan.com/Frat...ack_p/pd00.htm

Mark