Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast turned out to be...

Breakfast turned out to be...

2 squares of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.

You?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Breakfast turned out to be...
>
> 2 squares of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Only 2 squares? Underachiever! ;-)

For breakfast I had 2 eggs. I am back on my low carb diet.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Breakfast turned out to be...
>>
>> 2 squares of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> Only 2 squares? Underachiever! ;-)
>
> For breakfast I had 2 eggs. I am back on my low carb diet.
>
> Becca

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!

Yeah, I know. How uncreative of me!

Should've had eggs. I just didn't have the strength to lift a spatula? <G>

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 07:10:19a, Becca told us...

> Andy wrote:
>> Breakfast turned out to be...
>>
>> 2 squares of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> Only 2 squares? Underachiever! ;-)
>
> For breakfast I had 2 eggs. I am back on my low carb diet.
>
> Becca

We have a houseguest until new years. I made stuffed French toast made
with French bread and sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese and orange
marmalade. Along with that was extra thick bacon. They had bloody marys.
I came to work.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
16hrs 2mins
A morning without coffee is like something without something else.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> We have a houseguest until new years. I made stuffed French toast
> made with French bread and sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese
> and orange
> marmalade. Along with that was extra thick bacon. They had bloody
> marys. I came to work.

Ohhh, yummy. Got room for another houseguest? But may I have a virgin
mary to go with that, please? ;-)
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Im trying to get a handful of blueberries and a handful of almonds into
my daily diet and I have a couple of favorite ways. Breakfast today was
two crepes dollopped with plain yogurt and the blueberries, topped with
the almonds (toasted). I tried using butter-flavored spray instead of
real butter....and the result was a rather crisp crepe. Not bad...but a
little weird.

My other fave way is dumping the almonds and blueberies plus a half cup
of skim milk and half a banana into the blender and drinking my
breakfasr.

Once Ive gotten my BB's &A in, all I need is to find a way to get the
other daily Super Food, broccolli sprouts, in. Today, I think a
chicken sandwich topped with the sprouts for lunch will do nicely.

Lass

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Breakfast turned out to be...
>
> 2 squares of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

And here I just passed up my daily chocolate, thinking my daughter
and I will surely consume some later.

Two slices of cinnamon bread, toasted, with additional cinnamon
applied to it. The usual cafe au lait.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 08:17:15a, ChattyCathy told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>

>> We have a houseguest until new years. I made stuffed French toast
>> made with French bread and sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese
>> and orange
>> marmalade. Along with that was extra thick bacon. They had bloody
>> marys. I came to work.
>>

> Ohhh, yummy. Got room for another houseguest? But may I have a virgin
> mary to go with that, please? ;-)

Sure you can and yes you may.

Reminds me of a time when I was with a group from work at some sort of
celebration lunch. As the waitress was taking drink orders, the older lady
next to me proudly and quite audibly ordered a "bloody virgin".

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
15hrs 7mins
My greatest fear is that one of the candidates will win.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:55:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Tue 30 Dec 2008 08:17:15a, ChattyCathy told us...

>> Ohhh, yummy. Got room for another houseguest? But may I have a virgin
>> mary to go with that, please? ;-)

A what? Hmmm... Are you okay? Not sick, are you?

>Sure you can and yes you may.

Can I tag along? I don't have as far to come..I am just one state
over....

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 09:02:39a, Christine Dabney told us...

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:55:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tue 30 Dec 2008 08:17:15a, ChattyCathy told us...

>>> Ohhh, yummy. Got room for another houseguest? But may I have a virgin
>>> mary to go with that, please? ;-)

> A what? Hmmm... Are you okay? Not sick, are you?
>>
>>Sure you can and yes you may.

> Can I tag along? I don't have as far to come..I am just one state
> over....
>
> Christine

Yes, of course. Need you ask?

Are you going to have a Bloody Mary, Virgin Mary, or Bloody Virgin?

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
14hrs 53mins
Tis better to have loved a short than to never have loved a tall.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:08:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Are you going to have a Bloody Mary, Virgin Mary, or Bloody Virgin?

Need you ask? LOL.

Christine, who likes her alchoholic drinks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 09:09:57a, Christine Dabney told us...

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:08:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>

>>Are you going to have a Bloody Mary, Virgin Mary, or Bloody Virgin?

> Need you ask? LOL.
>
> Christine, who likes her alchoholic drinks.

Then that would be a double Bloody Mary, or should I just hand you the
pitcher? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
14hrs 49mins
I need someone really bad. Are you really bad?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 07:10:19a, Becca told us...

>> For breakfast I had 2 eggs. I am back on my low carb diet.
>>
>> Becca
>>

> We have a houseguest until new years. I made stuffed French toast made
> with French bread and sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese and orange
> marmalade. Along with that was extra thick bacon. They had bloody marys.
> I came to work.

Sonsabitches...

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lass Chance_2 wrote:
> Im trying to get a handful of blueberries and a handful of almonds into
> my daily diet and I have a couple of favorite ways. Breakfast today was
> two crepes dollopped with plain yogurt and the blueberries, topped with
> the almonds (toasted). I tried using butter-flavored spray instead of
> real butter....and the result was a rather crisp crepe. Not bad...but a
> little weird.
>
> My other fave way is dumping the almonds and blueberies plus a half cup
> of skim milk and half a banana into the blender and drinking my
> breakfasr.
>
> Once Ive gotten my BB's &A in, all I need is to find a way to get the
> other daily Super Food, broccolli sprouts, in. Today, I think a
> chicken sandwich topped with the sprouts for lunch will do nicely.
>
> Lass

You can use butter extract, although I have never tried it in crepes.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Breakfast turned out to be...
>
> 2 squares of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Leftover Christmas ham, and a couple of basted eggs.

Oh, and one banana. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> > Breakfast turned out to be...
> >
> > 2 squares of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
> >
> > You?
> >
> > Andy

> Only 2 squares? Underachiever! ;-)
>
> For breakfast I had 2 eggs. I am back on my low carb diet.
>
> Becca

I was till I ate that banana. <sigh>

They were dead ripe and smelled oh so good! I'd not eaten one in weeks.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 0>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 07:10:19a, Becca told us...
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >> Breakfast turned out to be...
> >>
> >> 2 squares of 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
> >>
> >> You?
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Only 2 squares? Underachiever! ;-)
> >
> > For breakfast I had 2 eggs. I am back on my low carb diet.
> >
> > Becca
> >

> We have a houseguest until new years. I made stuffed French toast made
> with French bread and sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese and orange
> marmalade. Along with that was extra thick bacon. They had bloody marys.
> I came to work.

Ooh that sounds good! Jelly and cream cheese imho is better than jelly
and butter.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 10:52:47a, Becca told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 07:10:19a, Becca told us...

>>> For breakfast I had 2 eggs. I am back on my low carb diet.
>>>
>>> Becca
>>>

>> We have a houseguest until new years. I made stuffed French toast made
>> with French bread and sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese and
>> orange marmalade. Along with that was extra thick bacon. They had
>> bloody marys. I came to work.

> Sonsabitches...
>
> Becca

Actually, we were following a high carb, high fat diet this morning. Good
for the spirit if not the body. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
12hrs 31mins
Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:55:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tue 30 Dec 2008 08:17:15a, ChattyCathy told us...

>>> Ohhh, yummy. Got room for another houseguest? But may I have a
>>> virgin mary to go with that, please? ;-)

> A what? Hmmm... Are you okay? Not sick, are you?

Nope. Not sick. Just don't like anything that contains booze between 5pm
and midnight, and IME, breakfast is usually before that. <g>

However, if Wayne ever invites me for dinner... ;-)
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> We have a houseguest until new years. I made stuffed French toast made
>>> with French bread and sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese and
>>> orange marmalade. Along with that was extra thick bacon. They had
>>> bloody marys. I came to work.

>> Sonsabitches...
>>
>> Becca
>>

> Actually, we were following a high carb, high fat diet this morning. Good
> for the spirit if not the body. :-)

High carb and high fat sounds delicious. One of my friends enjoys
the low carb diet, because you can still drink, as long as your drinks
are not sugary, like pina coladas.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> Lass Chance_2 wrote:
> > Im trying to get a handful of blueberries and a handful of almonds into
> > my daily diet and I have a couple of favorite ways. Breakfast today was
> > two crepes dollopped with plain yogurt and the blueberries, topped with
> > the almonds (toasted). I tried using butter-flavored spray instead of
> > real butter....and the result was a rather crisp crepe. Not bad...but a
> > little weird.
> >
> > My other fave way is dumping the almonds and blueberies plus a half cup
> > of skim milk and half a banana into the blender and drinking my
> > breakfasr.
> >
> > Once Ive gotten my BB's &A in, all I need is to find a way to get the
> > other daily Super Food, broccolli sprouts, in. Today, I think a
> > chicken sandwich topped with the sprouts for lunch will do nicely.
> >
> > Lass

> You can use butter extract, although I have never tried it in crepes.
>
> Becca

Butter extract... You mean like Ghee?
(aka "clarified butter").
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 0>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 10:52:47a, Becca told us...
>
> > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 07:10:19a, Becca told us...

> >> We have a houseguest until new years. I made stuffed French toast made
> >> with French bread and sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese and
> >> orange marmalade. Along with that was extra thick bacon. They had
> >> bloody marys. I came to work.

> > Sonsabitches...
> >
> > Becca
> >

> Actually, we were following a high carb, high fat diet this morning. Good
> for the spirit if not the body. :-)

Hey, it's not 12th day yet!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 01:05:05p, Omelet told us...

> In article 0>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>> > Sonsabitches...

420852089101148008600795578108
>> > Becca
>> >

>> Actually, we were following a high carb, high fat diet this morning.
>> Good for the spirit if not the body. :-)

> Hey, it's not 12th day yet!

So who's counting? <g>

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
10hrs 50mins
Buy an American!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 0>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 01:05:05p, Omelet told us...
>
> > In article 0>,
> > Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 10:52:47a, Becca told us...

> 420852089101148008600795578108
> >> >

> >> Actually, we were following a high carb, high fat diet this morning.
> >> Good for the spirit if not the body. :-)

> > Hey, it's not 12th day yet!

> So who's counting? <g>

New years is the general date... ;-D
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Becca > wrote:
>
>> Lass Chance_2 wrote:
>>> Im trying to get a handful of blueberries and a handful of almonds into
>>> my daily diet and I have a couple of favorite ways. Breakfast today was
>>> two crepes dollopped with plain yogurt and the blueberries, topped with
>>> the almonds (toasted). I tried using butter-flavored spray instead of
>>> real butter....and the result was a rather crisp crepe. Not bad...but a
>>> little weird.
>>>
>>> My other fave way is dumping the almonds and blueberies plus a half cup
>>> of skim milk and half a banana into the blender and drinking my
>>> breakfasr.
>>>
>>> Once Ive gotten my BB's &A in, all I need is to find a way to get the
>>> other daily Super Food, broccolli sprouts, in. Today, I think a
>>> chicken sandwich topped with the sprouts for lunch will do nicely.
>>>
>>> Lass

>> You can use butter extract, although I have never tried it in crepes.
>>
>> Becca

> Butter extract... You mean like Ghee?
> (aka "clarified butter").

It is a flavored extract, like almond or peppermint extract. I use it
in my Poppy Cock recipe. Tastes like butter.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 03:25:25p, Becca told us...

> Omelet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Becca > wrote:

into

was

with

cup

>>> You can use butter extract, although I have never tried it in crepes.
>>>
>>> Becca

>> Butter extract... You mean like Ghee?
>> (aka "clarified butter").

> It is a flavored extract, like almond or peppermint extract. I use it
> in my Poppy Cock recipe. Tastes like butter.
>
> Becca

Oh poppy cock! <g>

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
8hrs 14mins
Money is truthful. When a man speaks of honor, make him pay cash.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 03:25:25p, Becca told us...
>
>> Omelet wrote:

> into

> was

> with

> cup

>>> Butter extract... You mean like Ghee?
>>> (aka "clarified butter").

>> It is a flavored extract, like almond or peppermint extract. I use it
>> in my Poppy Cock recipe. Tastes like butter.
>>
>> Becca
>>

> Oh poppy cock! <g>

<innocently blushing>

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Becca > wrote:

> >> You can use butter extract, although I have never tried it in crepes.
> >>
> >> Becca

> > Butter extract... You mean like Ghee?
> > (aka "clarified butter").

> It is a flavored extract, like almond or peppermint extract. I use it
> in my Poppy Cock recipe. Tastes like butter.
>
> Becca

Oh! Sorry. I was not thinking.

I have seen it for sale. Reminds me of butterscotch.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Breakfast for me is typically something like grape nuts, raisin bran
or (in a pinch) corn flakes.

Thought occasionally (on weekends) I might make myself a fried bacon/
egg/cheese sandwich to compensate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

in reference:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...kesandwich.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 08:17:15a, ChattyCathy told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>

>>> We have a houseguest until new years. I made stuffed French toast
>>> made with French bread and sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese
>>> and orange
>>> marmalade. Along with that was extra thick bacon. They had bloody
>>> marys. I came to work.
>>>

>> Ohhh, yummy. Got room for another houseguest? But may I have a virgin
>> mary to go with that, please? ;-)

> Sure you can and yes you may.
>
> Reminds me of a time when I was with a group from work at some sort of
> celebration lunch. As the waitress was taking drink orders, the older
> lady next to me proudly and quite audibly ordered a "bloody virgin".

<snork>

Reminds me of a lady I worked with... she did some good deed for the
Boss and when he thanked her she smiled and said to him, "No problem at
all. For you I killa dead bull."

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 11:54:56p, ChattyCathy told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Ohhh, yummy. Got room for another houseguest? But may I have a virgin
>>> mary to go with that, please? ;-)

>> Sure you can and yes you may.
>>
>> Reminds me of a time when I was with a group from work at some sort of
>> celebration lunch. As the waitress was taking drink orders, the older
>> lady next to me proudly and quite audibly ordered a "bloody virgin".
>>

> <snork>
>
> Reminds me of a lady I worked with... she did some good deed for the
> Boss and when he thanked her she smiled and said to him, "No problem at
> all. For you I killa dead bull."

Thatsa good one!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Wednesday, 12(XII)/31(XXXI)/08(MMVIII)
PCMCIA: People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.250...
> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 11:54:56p, ChattyCathy told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue 30 Dec 2008 08:17:15a, ChattyCathy told us...

>>> Sure you can and yes you may.
>>>
>>> Reminds me of a time when I was with a group from work at some sort of
>>> celebration lunch. As the waitress was taking drink orders, the older
>>> lady next to me proudly and quite audibly ordered a "bloody virgin".
>>>

>> <snork>
>>
>> Reminds me of a lady I worked with... she did some good deed for the
>> Boss and when he thanked her she smiled and said to him, "No problem at
>> all. For you I killa dead bull."
>>

> Thatsa good one!

Agreed LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Actually, we were following a high carb, high fat diet this morning. Good
> for the spirit if not the body. :-)

Are you alternating or mostly LC, Wayne. After today, I am either
LCing or cutting out the extraneous carbs.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
phaeton > wrote:

> in reference:
>
> http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...kesandwich.jpg

Oh YUM! But I'd substitute English Muffins. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Becca > wrote:

>> It is a flavored extract, like almond or peppermint extract. I use it
>> in my Poppy Cock recipe. Tastes like butter.
>>
>> Becca

> Oh! Sorry. I was not thinking.
>
> I have seen it for sale. Reminds me of butterscotch.

Good description, butterscotch.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

phaeton wrote:
> in reference:
>
> http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...kesandwich.jpg

A breakfast sammich is my favorite breakfast. You have me drooling. ~

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 31 Dec 2008 08:28:23a, Jean B. told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, we were following a high carb, high fat diet this morning.
>>> Good for the spirit if not the body. :-)
>>>

>> Are you alternating or mostly LC, Wayne. After today, I am either
>> LCing or cutting out the extraneous carbs.
>>

> Actually, I calculate Weight Watcher Points, which uses calories, fat, and
> fiber in its calculation. I find it easier and it allows for a broader
> range of foods to be eaten within the course of a day.

I think Weight Watchers is the ideal diet for most everyone. I keep
reading all these people talk incessantly about everything they can't
eat or avoid to the point where its just depressing sounding. They're
still fat, still talking LC, still denying themselves....Just shoot me
now! As you say WW allows everything in moderation. I'm a believer in
well rounded diets, not cutting out entire elements.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 31 Dec 2008 02:02:54p, Goomba told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Are you alternating or mostly LC, Wayne. After today, I am either
>>> LCing or cutting out the extraneous carbs.
>>>

>> Actually, I calculate Weight Watcher Points, which uses calories, fat,
>> and fiber in its calculation. I find it easier and it allows for a
>> broader range of foods to be eaten within the course of a day.
>>

> I think Weight Watchers is the ideal diet for most everyone. I keep
> reading all these people talk incessantly about everything they can't
> eat or avoid to the point where its just depressing sounding. They're
> still fat, still talking LC, still denying themselves....Just shoot me
> now! As you say WW allows everything in moderation. I'm a believer in
> well rounded diets, not cutting out entire elements.

You certainly share my opinion, Goomba. Granted, if one so desired, the WW
poinhts system could be twisted into a carb heavy or fat heavy meal as long
as one stayed within the totol points, but it really does allow any style
of eating and most often ends up as a well rounded diet. Nothing is
actually forbidden, but I think most people tend to eat a broader selection
foods.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Wednesday, 12(XII)/31(XXXI)/08(MMVIII)
Why are the musk-oxen of our yesterdays grazing on the lawn of the
Taj Mahal?

Turned off Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 15 27-07-2010 06:35 AM
It turned out very well elaich General Cooking 2 20-02-2009 07:15 AM
my tea turned blue !!! piya Tea 5 23-01-2008 01:17 AM
Turned Out Fabulous Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 3 18-05-2006 04:28 AM