Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default In Honor of Christy ...

We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.

Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:10:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
>Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?
>
>Carol

I will...either something with shrimp/seafood, or vegetables (since
she loved them so much, or if I can find the recipe, the Kahlua Pig. I
have a pork shoulder that has been waiting for something.....and I
have cabbage in the fridge. I think that dish has cabbage served
along with it, correct?

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
:

> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?
>
> Carol

We'll be having fruitcake for dessert :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 06:18:10 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas
> wrote:

>We'll be having fruitcake for dessert :-)

I will forever think of Christy when the subject of fruitcake comes
up. And I'll smile.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:10:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
>
>>We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>>
>>Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?
>>
>>Carol

> I will...either something with shrimp/seafood, or vegetables (since
> she loved them so much, or if I can find the recipe, the Kahlua Pig. I
> have a pork shoulder that has been waiting for something.....and I
> have cabbage in the fridge. I think that dish has cabbage served
> along with it, correct?
>
> Christine

from Aug 9, 2007

***********************************

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: "kilikini" >
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:46:36 -0400
Subject: Ping---Kili ....Help w/Hawaiian Appetizer Suggestions

(Snip)

Now, to make the Kalua Pig....

Get a pork butt or shoulder and stick it in a dutch oven. Rub it
thoroughly with sea salt. Add in a cup of water and the equivalent of a
can of chicken broth - homemade stock is fine. For the smokey flavor
(cover your eyes, you BBQ efficianados), toss in about 1/3 of a cup of
liquid smoke. Yes, liquid smoke. I said it. :~)

Put the lid on the pot and put into the oven at about 275 degrees. It's
a low and slow process, but it smells so good while it's cooking! The
pork is done when it easily pulls. The next step is to chop up the
green cabbage.
You can leave the cabbage raw if you place the hot pulled pork directly
over the cabbage; the heat from the pork will wilt it.

Meanwhile, when you take the pork out of the pot, you're going to think
that there will be way too much greasy liquid in the mix, but don't
throw out the juice! When you're done pulling the pork, you want to
pour some of that juice back into the pork so the pork and cabbage soaks
in it. Every time you get an order of kalua pork in Hawaii, it's
sopping in the juice. Plus, you serve the pork and cabbage over white
sticky rice and the rice absorbs a bunch of the liquid. You never want
dried kalua pig.

Here's a link to some I made a while ago..
http://i12.tinypic.com/6coo0eq.jpg

Hope this helps!

kili

Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 06:29:54 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas
> wrote:

>Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
>From: "kilikini" >

>Now, to make the Kalua Pig....

Thank you Peter!!!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

You know, I think dinner will have to include chopsticks! Something
outlandish that you would never try chopsticks with.

Thinking about Kili and the things she could dine on using chopsticks
(because she didn't want to soil her fingers) is something that makes me
smile in remembrance.

She was a very sweet girl and will be sorely missed.

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 22:40:36 -0800, Lin >
wrote:

>You know, I think dinner will have to include chopsticks! Something
>outlandish that you would never try chopsticks with.

Jell-O

>Thinking about Kili and the things she could dine on using chopsticks
>(because she didn't want to soil her fingers) is something that makes me
>smile in remembrance.
>
>She was a very sweet girl and will be sorely missed.

So many things about Christy make me smile. She's one of those people
who comes along once in a lifetime (if you're lucky). We've all been
very fortunate to have known and loved her.

Carol and Crash
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas > wrote in
. 25:

> Christine Dabney > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:10:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>>>
>>>Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?
>>>
>>>Carol

>> I will...either something with shrimp/seafood, or vegetables (since
>> she loved them so much, or if I can find the recipe, the Kahlua Pig.
>> I have a pork shoulder that has been waiting for something.....and I
>> have cabbage in the fridge. I think that dish has cabbage served
>> along with it, correct?
>>
>> Christine
>>

> from Aug 9, 2007
>
> ***********************************
>

> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> From: "kilikini" >
> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:46:36 -0400
> Subject: Ping---Kili ....Help w/Hawaiian Appetizer Suggestions
>
> (Snip)
>
> Now, to make the Kalua Pig....
>
> Get a pork butt or shoulder and stick it in a dutch oven. Rub it
> thoroughly with sea salt. Add in a cup of water and the equivalent of
> a can of chicken broth - homemade stock is fine. For the smokey
> flavor (cover your eyes, you BBQ efficianados), toss in about 1/3 of a
> cup of liquid smoke. Yes, liquid smoke. I said it. :~)
>
> Put the lid on the pot and put into the oven at about 275 degrees.
> It's a low and slow process, but it smells so good while it's cooking!
> The pork is done when it easily pulls. The next step is to chop up
> the green cabbage.
> You can leave the cabbage raw if you place the hot pulled pork
> directly over the cabbage; the heat from the pork will wilt it.
>
> Meanwhile, when you take the pork out of the pot, you're going to
> think that there will be way too much greasy liquid in the mix, but
> don't throw out the juice! When you're done pulling the pork, you
> want to pour some of that juice back into the pork so the pork and
> cabbage soaks in it. Every time you get an order of kalua pork in
> Hawaii, it's sopping in the juice. Plus, you serve the pork and
> cabbage over white sticky rice and the rice absorbs a bunch of the
> liquid. You never want dried kalua pig.
>
> Here's a link to some I made a while ago..
> http://i12.tinypic.com/6coo0eq.jpg
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> kili

Thanks, Peter. I cooked her Kalua Pork a few months back when she was a
viable part of this group, based on her recommendation.

God bless everyone who loved kili, and especially you, Allan. I never
met either of you, but I feel like I know you.

Keep in mind how fast we can all go, and shower the people you love with
love.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote:

> So many things about Christy make me smile. She's one of those people
> who comes along once in a lifetime (if you're lucky). We've all been
> very fortunate to have known and loved her.

That about sums it up, for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?
>
> Carol

I'll be sauteing some Shrimp...
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> From: "kilikini" >
> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:46:36 -0400
> Subject: Ping---Kili ....Help w/Hawaiian Appetizer Suggestions
>
> (Snip)
>
> Now, to make the Kalua Pig....
>
> Get a pork butt or shoulder and stick it in a dutch oven. Rub it
> thoroughly with sea salt. Add in a cup of water and the equivalent of a
> can of chicken broth - homemade stock is fine. For the smokey flavor
> (cover your eyes, you BBQ efficianados), toss in about 1/3 of a cup of
> liquid smoke. Yes, liquid smoke. I said it. :~)
>
> Put the lid on the pot and put into the oven at about 275 degrees. It's
> a low and slow process, but it smells so good while it's cooking! The
> pork is done when it easily pulls. The next step is to chop up the
> green cabbage.
> You can leave the cabbage raw if you place the hot pulled pork directly
> over the cabbage; the heat from the pork will wilt it.
>
> Meanwhile, when you take the pork out of the pot, you're going to think
> that there will be way too much greasy liquid in the mix, but don't
> throw out the juice! When you're done pulling the pork, you want to
> pour some of that juice back into the pork so the pork and cabbage soaks
> in it. Every time you get an order of kalua pork in Hawaii, it's
> sopping in the juice. Plus, you serve the pork and cabbage over white
> sticky rice and the rice absorbs a bunch of the liquid. You never want
> dried kalua pig.
>
> Here's a link to some I made a while ago..
> http://i12.tinypic.com/6coo0eq.jpg
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> kili

Thanks for posting that Peter! I did not have it on file...
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 22:40:36 -0800, Lin >
> wrote:
>
> >You know, I think dinner will have to include chopsticks! Something
> >outlandish that you would never try chopsticks with.

> Jell-O
>
> >Thinking about Kili and the things she could dine on using chopsticks
> >(because she didn't want to soil her fingers) is something that makes me
> >smile in remembrance.
> >
> >She was a very sweet girl and will be sorely missed.

> So many things about Christy make me smile. She's one of those people
> who comes along once in a lifetime (if you're lucky). We've all been
> very fortunate to have known and loved her.
>
> Carol and Crash

Absolutely!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 4:18*pm, PeterLucas > wrote:

> We'll be having fruitcake for dessert :-)

I like that!

With a smile and a tear.

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?
>
> Carol

Food for the soul. In honour of Christy, I'll smile more, laugh more,
love my family and others with renewed appreciation. I never met Christy,
but followed her posts here. My heart goes out to Allen and all of their
families. Allen, live as Christy would want you to live and you will honour
her in the best way. My love to all who mourn her......Tearfully, Sharon in
Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:10:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
>
>> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>>
>> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

> I will...either something with shrimp/seafood, or vegetables (since
> she loved them so much, or if I can find the recipe, the Kahlua Pig. I
> have a pork shoulder that has been waiting for something.....and I
> have cabbage in the fridge. I think that dish has cabbage served
> along with it, correct?

I'm going to have pizzle, if I could get it from the dreaded
meat store TFM loves so much.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:10:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
>Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

It's not foodish, but yesterday when I was at Hallmark I found the
most beautiful Heartwood Creek angel cuddling a cat, and I bought it
in honour of Christy. I will forever have a reminder of Christy's
beautiful and loving spirit, because she's someone I never want to
forget.
http://heartlandcreek.com/index.php/...reek-angel-cat
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?
>
> Carol

Carol,

We have a local group of foodies that get together on New Years Eve and
appetizers are always the bell of the ball. I had started looking back
through my saved recipes files specifically for ones posted by Christy so
that I could share her light with this local group. I remembered a
particular app recipe that sounded tasty but I had yet to try that was
posted on Christmas day '07.

In Kili's honor, this year I humbly submit: Spinach Balls

KW

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Christine Dabney wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:10:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

>> I will...either something with shrimp/seafood, or vegetables (since
>> she loved them so much, or if I can find the recipe, the Kahlua Pig. I
>> have a pork shoulder that has been waiting for something.....and I
>> have cabbage in the fridge. I think that dish has cabbage served
>> along with it, correct?

> I'm going to have pizzle, if I could get it from the dreaded meat store
> TFM loves so much.
>
> nancy

She said, "Ewww!" when I handed her the package of frozen beef pizzle.
Actually she didn't say it until she'd looked at it as she held it while I
was explaining to her what it was.

The dreaded meat store. That made me laugh. She hadn't gone there with me
for a couple of years.
Her reason - "It's cold and it stinks in there!"
I think it was the pizzle that turned her off. <G>

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cornholio wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> Christine Dabney wrote:
>>> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:10:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress

>>> I will...either something with shrimp/seafood, or vegetables (since
>>> she loved them so much, or if I can find the recipe, the Kahlua
>>> Pig. I have a pork shoulder that has been waiting for
>>> something.....and I have cabbage in the fridge. I think that dish
>>> has cabbage served along with it, correct?

>> I'm going to have pizzle, if I could get it from the dreaded meat
>> store TFM loves so much.

> She said, "Ewww!" when I handed her the package of frozen beef pizzle.

Not just pizzle, *frozen* beef pizzle!

> Actually she didn't say it until she'd looked at it as she held it
> while I was explaining to her what it was.

(laugh) She had the right word for it. You're lucky she didn't
throw it through the front window when you told her what she
was holding.

> The dreaded meat store. That made me laugh. She hadn't gone there
> with me for a couple of years.
> Her reason - "It's cold and it stinks in there!"

I can't imagine why she didn't rush over there with you! Heh.

> I think it was the pizzle that turned her off. <G>

You're right. It wasn't the cold and stink at all.

TFM, I'm couldn't be sorrier all this happened. I'm glad
she's in a better place than where she's been the last few
weeks. She was a prize.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> "Cornholio" >
> . com: in
> rec.food.cooking

>>>I'm going to have pizzle, if I could get it from the dreaded meat
>>>store TFM loves so much.
>>>
>>>nancy

>>She said, "Ewww!" when I handed her the package of frozen beef pizzle.
>>Actually she didn't say it until she'd looked at it as she held it
>>while I was explaining to her what it was.
>>
>>The dreaded meat store. That made me laugh. She hadn't gone there
>>with me for a couple of years.
>>Her reason - "It's cold and it stinks in there!"
>>I think it was the pizzle that turned her off. <G>

> ROFL... She used to talk about the "meat store". She really didn't like
> the place. She never mentioned pizzle. What is pizzle? I don't think she
> ever mentioned the "pizzle" stuff.
>
> Michael

Male reproductive organ. Stretched out into 3 foot lengths and dried,
it makes a popular chewy snack for dogs. I've never heard of people
eating them, except maybe as an unidentifiable component of hot dogs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?
>
> Carol

I think a meal of those things Christy was forced to deny herself would
be most appropriate, because you know that if there's a heaven, that's
what she'll be chowing down on. Meat, dairy, carbs, green leafy
veggies, shellfish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?
>
> Carol

If we had taco bell in the UK I'd get what ever huge special the have on.
Just for Allan!
On my honey moon back in 1999 me and hubby pigged out on a bag full of
various shaped tacos. They are addictive, and we did have to try everything
Florida had to offer! I was always amused when the topic if Allan and Taco
bell came up, and someone always went wild with indignation that anyone
would eat there. I'm sure Kili would appreciate us eating what Allan eats,
as much as what she desired. She came across as she would give Allan her
last breath if he needed it. It shows in the photos of them together too.

Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Kathleen > wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>
> > "Cornholio" >
> > . com: in
> > rec.food.cooking

> >>She said, "Ewww!" when I handed her the package of frozen beef pizzle.
> >>Actually she didn't say it until she'd looked at it as she held it
> >>while I was explaining to her what it was.
> >>
> >>The dreaded meat store. That made me laugh. She hadn't gone there
> >>with me for a couple of years.
> >>Her reason - "It's cold and it stinks in there!"
> >>I think it was the pizzle that turned her off. <G>

> > ROFL... She used to talk about the "meat store". She really didn't like
> > the place. She never mentioned pizzle. What is pizzle? I don't think she
> > ever mentioned the "pizzle" stuff.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> Male reproductive organ.

It's ok to say "Penis" Kathleen. <g>

> Stretched out into 3 foot lengths and dried,
> it makes a popular chewy snack for dogs. I've never heard of people
> eating them, except maybe as an unidentifiable component of hot dogs.

Some people also make them into walking canes:

<http://www.fashionablecanes.com/Bull_Organ_Penis_Walking_Cane.html>
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lin wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

> You know, I think dinner will have to include chopsticks! Something
> outlandish that you would never try chopsticks with.
>
> Thinking about Kili and the things she could dine on using chopsticks
> (because she didn't want to soil her fingers) is something that makes me
> smile in remembrance.
>
> She was a very sweet girl and will be sorely missed.
>
> --Lin

We are having gumbo tonight, so it looks like the chopsticks are out.

Several weeks ago, she had a few bananas that were ripe and she talked
about Banana Bread. Here is one of my favorite recipes, it is moist and
full of bananas.

Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed bananas (6+ bananas)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In
a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and
mashed bananas until well blended. Add the flour, baking soda and salt,
and stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in
preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into
center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10
minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen wrote:

> Male reproductive organ. Stretched out into 3 foot lengths and dried,
> it makes a popular chewy snack for dogs. I've never heard of people
> eating them, except maybe as an unidentifiable component of hot dogs.

So hot dogs are not just lips and assholes? lol

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >, Kathleen
> > wrote:
>

>> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>>

>>> "Cornholio" >
>>> . com: in
>>> rec.food.cooking

>>> ROFL... She used to talk about the "meat store". She really
>>> didn't like the place. She never mentioned pizzle. What is
>>> pizzle? I don't think she ever mentioned the "pizzle" stuff.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> Male reproductive organ.

> It's ok to say "Penis" Kathleen. <g>

Well, sure. But I generally reserve that term for that which dangles
between human thighs (okay, go ahead, color me old-fashioned).

>> Stretched out into 3 foot lengths and dried, it makes a popular
>> chewy snack for dogs. I've never heard of people eating them,
>> except maybe as an unidentifiable component of hot dogs.

> Some people also make them into walking canes:
>
> <http://www.fashionablecanes.com/Bull_Organ_Penis_Walking_Cane.html>

<Snork> Oh for pete's sake!

One of the gals in my flyball club worked at a factory where the
aforementioned treats were processed. She said some of the workers made
various curios and keepsakes out the materials at hand and gave them out
as gag gifts to friends and family. They'd have swallowed their tongues
at the idea of a $72 walking dong. And imagine how upset you'd be if
you carelessly left your cane out and the dog ate it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>
> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

That last item Kili raved about eating was a crispy Taco Supreme.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:35:09 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 06:29:54 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas
> wrote:
>

>>Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
>>From: "kilikini" >

>>Now, to make the Kalua Pig....

>Thank you Peter!!!
>
>Christine

And here's a slightly easier recipe than Kili's that tastes exactly
like Kalua pig made in the ground- Hawaiian style, and yes, served
over cabbage.

Kalua Pig in a Slow Cooker
Ingredients:
1 (6 pound) pork butt roast
1.5 tablespoons Hawaiian Salt
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring

Directions: Pierce pork all over. Rub salt then liquid smoke over
meat. Place roast in a slow cooker.

Cover and cook on Low for 16-20 hours, turning once.
Remove meat from slow cooker and shred.

Unbelievably easy and unbelievably good!

aloha,
Cea
roast beans to kona to email
farmers of Pure Kona

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:02:01 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>>
>> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

>That last item Kili raved about eating was a crispy Taco Supreme.

From where, please?

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:02:01 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>>
>>> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

>>That last item Kili raved about eating was a crispy Taco Supreme.

> From where, please?
>
> Carol

Taco Bell

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:12:37 -0500, "KW"
> wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:02:01 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>That last item Kili raved about eating was a crispy Taco Supreme.

>> From where, please?

>Taco Bell

Thanks very much. I guess I know where we're having lunch today!

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
>>
>> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

> That last item Kili raved about eating was a crispy Taco Supreme.
>
> -sw

I can do that!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 06:29:54 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas
> > wrote:
>

>>Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
>>From: "kilikini" >

>>Now, to make the Kalua Pig....

> Thank you Peter!!!
>
> Christine

Thank you, indeed!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjOu0z92GCY
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:12:37 -0500, "KW"
> wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:02:01 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>That last item Kili raved about eating was a crispy Taco Supreme.

>> From where, please?

>Taco Bell

http://i40.tinypic.com/2u6dwqo.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2a0c9k8.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/214qqsk.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Kathleen > wrote:

> >> Male reproductive organ.

> > It's ok to say "Penis" Kathleen. <g>

> Well, sure. But I generally reserve that term for that which dangles
> between human thighs (okay, go ahead, color me old-fashioned).

It's a scientific/medical term.
Just like breast and vagina... ;-)
The cattle industry uses it too except breast becomes Udder.

> >> Stretched out into 3 foot lengths and dried, it makes a popular
> >> chewy snack for dogs. I've never heard of people eating them,
> >> except maybe as an unidentifiable component of hot dogs.

> > Some people also make them into walking canes:
> >
> > <http://www.fashionablecanes.com/Bull_Organ_Penis_Walking_Cane.html>

> <Snork> Oh for pete's sake!

You'd never seen those? I had an employer with a cane collection in his
office. He had one.

> One of the gals in my flyball club worked at a factory where the
> aforementioned treats were processed. She said some of the workers made
> various curios and keepsakes out the materials at hand and gave them out
> as gag gifts to friends and family. They'd have swallowed their tongues
> at the idea of a $72 walking dong. And imagine how upset you'd be if
> you carelessly left your cane out and the dog ate it.

<lol> Too funny!!!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:02:01 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
> >
> >> We went out and bought some Mahi-Mahi for tomorrow's dinner.
> >>
> >> Is anyone else doing anything food-ish in remembrance?

> >That last item Kili raved about eating was a crispy Taco Supreme.

> From where, please?
>
> Carol

Knowing Kili, my guess would be Taco Bell...