Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT - What Are You Listening To?

Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.

This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
(they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
is very pleasant.

What's playing in the background at your place?

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

>Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
>Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
>singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
>like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
>like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
>
>This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
>(they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
>is very pleasant.

>What's playing in the background at your place?

A night or two ago, at a club, the DJ put on an uncharacteristic
piece of music (as this, after all, was a Goth night or some such):

Fairytale of New York, my all-time=favorite Christmas song.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
> Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
> singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
> like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
> like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
>
> This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
> (they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
> is very pleasant.
>
> What's playing in the background at your place?
>
> Carol

Mannheim Steam Roller on satellite
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:57:18 -0600, George Shirley
> wrote:

>Mannheim Steam Roller on satellite

I love them! I have three or four of their Christmas albums (plus one
with Disney) in a box somewhere. NEXT year, that'll be playing at our
house. Enjoy!

Carol

--
Change JamesBond to his agent number to reply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> What's playing in the background at your place?

I haven't been able to the song out of my head and, sure
enough, when it came time to unwrap the presents, my own
personal live-in DJ put on The Waitresses, Merry Christmas,
Merry Christmas, but I think I'll skip this one this year!

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:00:08 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>I haven't been able to the song out of my head and, sure
>enough, when it came time to unwrap the presents, my own
>personal live-in DJ put on The Waitresses, Merry Christmas,
>Merry Christmas, but I think I'll skip this one this year!

I heard The Waitresses for the first time last night. I thought I was
hearing Debbie Harry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDwWXpju77Q
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
> Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
> singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
> like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
> like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
>
> This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
> (they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
> is very pleasant.
>
> What's playing in the background at your place?
>
> Carol

Carol of the Bells by the Harlem Boys Choir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzE83-I0VD0

The cornish game hen has been seasoned with salt & pepper and splashed with
a little lemon juice. It, along with the split buttercup squash, is now in
the oven. All is right with the world. For the moment. Happy holidays to
all and and blessed be.

Jill
Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 25, 11:39 am, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
> Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
> Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
> singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
> like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
> like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
>
> This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
> (they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
> is very pleasant.
>
> What's playing in the background at your place?
>
> Carol

I recently found that I have access to stations broadcast on iTunes.
The BootLiquor alt.country one is my current favorite. Saving me from
a lot of saccarine pap.

Used to have Mojo Nixon cassette that I liked pretty well (Baby,
gonna trim your tree). And A Cow Christmas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:00:08 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> > wrote:
>
>> I haven't been able to the song out of my head and, sure
>> enough, when it came time to unwrap the presents, my own
>> personal live-in DJ put on The Waitresses, Merry Christmas,
>> Merry Christmas, but I think I'll skip this one this year!

> I heard The Waitresses for the first time last night. I thought I was
> hearing Debbie Harry.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDwWXpju77Q

That's great! Love that light show. And thanks to the
choice of tunes, we opened presents in a matter of
minutes, record time. (laugh)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
> Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
> singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
> like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
> like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
>
> This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
> (they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
> is very pleasant.
>
> What's playing in the background at your place?

I am listening to Ottmar Liebert's Poets and Angels, a collection of
carols done Noveau Flamenco guitar style.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 25, 10:39*am, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

> What's playing in the background at your place?
>
> Carol

Minnesota Public Radio
Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" read by Jonathan Winters
Love,
(Carol) Lynn Gifford in Fargo
Merry Christma-Hannu-Kwaanza-kah ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:00:08 -0500, "Nancy Young"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't been able to the song out of my head and, sure
>>> enough, when it came time to unwrap the presents, my own
>>> personal live-in DJ put on The Waitresses, Merry Christmas,
>>> Merry Christmas, but I think I'll skip this one this year!

>> I heard The Waitresses for the first time last night. I thought I was
>> hearing Debbie Harry.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDwWXpju77Q

> That's great! Love that light show. And thanks to the choice of tunes,
> we opened presents in a matter of minutes, record time. (laugh)
> nancy

Christmas Music on WQXR.

http://www.wqxr.com/cgi-bin/iowa/index.html

Dale Warland Singers and host Brian Newhouse and before that, Jamahl And
The Night Visitors.

Tonight at nine there will be Handel's Messiah, but I will probably be
asleep by then. You can get it with the URL above.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> What's playing in the background at your place?
>
> Carol

The usual noises made by diagnostic equipment made by Siemans
Diagnostics.

I had to work and did not bother with the CD player. It was too busy.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 13:56:47 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> What's playing in the background at your place?

>The usual noises made by diagnostic equipment made by Siemans
>Diagnostics.
>
>I had to work and did not bother with the CD player. It was too busy.

You know how to live! LOL!

Thanks for working today. Sick people never take days off.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> What's playing in the background at your place?

I have a loud, 4.5-inch cooling fan on the side of the case of my main
(this) desktop computer. I did that case mod before that kind of cooling
became popular, because I had a hot environment for the machine in the
summer. Did I say it was loud? I hardly notice it; it's just white
noise and I seek that out; I always have a fan running when I'm in bed --
not necessarily *on* me (like, you know, in winter) but at least for
soothing noise to cover that of the city.

That said, I'm listening to whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 13:56:47 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
> >
> >> What's playing in the background at your place?

> >The usual noises made by diagnostic equipment made by Siemans
> >Diagnostics.
> >
> >I had to work and did not bother with the CD player. It was too busy.

> You know how to live! LOL!
>
> Thanks for working today. Sick people never take days off.
>
> Carol

Indeed. ;-)

I celebrated the morning...
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

These days, Arcade Fire, Vincent Delerm, Bats for Lashes, The Shins and The
White Stripes.

--

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest
of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dvorak, symphony #9. Don's making Xmas dinner (man thing in his tradition
and women just allowed to help with minor sides).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
bulka > wrote:

> On Dec 25, 11:39 am, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
> > Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
> > Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
> > singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
> > like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
> > like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
> >
> > This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
> > (they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
> > is very pleasant.
> >
> > What's playing in the background at your place?
> >
> > Carol

> I recently found that I have access to stations broadcast on iTunes.
> The BootLiquor alt.country one is my current favorite. Saving me from
> a lot of saccarine pap.
>
> Used to have Mojo Nixon cassette that I liked pretty well (Baby,
> gonna trim your tree). And A Cow Christmas.

For years, the SO would entertain/torture the felines by playing the
"Jingle Cats" CD. Last year he decided to put it in the white elephant
grab bag at the neighborhood holiday party. Our friend who won it was
thrilled.

I'll be turning on All Things Considered shortly to see if they play
"Santa Baby" in memory of Eartha Kitt, who died today.

Merry Christmas!
Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Dvorak, symphony #9. Don's making Xmas dinner (man thing in his tradition
> and women just allowed to help with minor sides).

From The New Word! I heard it the first time when I was about 16 years
old, in the mid forties, in the old Lewison Stadium in New York City,
part of City College Of New York and the concerts during W.W.II were
free. Stone steps were our seats, but you could rent a thin cushion for
35 cents.

I believe Toscanini was conducting, but I may very well be wrong. What
I do know is how I felt. I could not get myself to get up and leave with
the friends with whom I had come. I felt as if I had met someone and
fallen in love at first sight. A friend waited for the effects of the
Symphony to wear off and he escorted me home.

If there were some way to do it, I would love to hear Dvorak's 9th for
the first time again. I would like to see and hear Rise Stevens singing
The Rosenkavalier or Count Orlofsky again, the way she sounded the
first time I heard her, live, not on a record. Yes, I would like to be
16 years old again and hear Mme. Stevens for the first time, but it
won't happen. (

I had the radio on today and heard Christmas music. It was very pleasant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 25 Dec 2008 04:57:02p, Cindy Fuller told us...

> In article
> >,
> bulka > wrote:
>
>> On Dec 25, 11:39 am, Damsel in dis Dress
>> > wrote:
>> > Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
>> > Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
>> > singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
>> > like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
>> > like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
>> >
>> > This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
>> > (they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
>> > is very pleasant.
>> >
>> > What's playing in the background at your place?
>> >
>> > Carol

>> I recently found that I have access to stations broadcast on iTunes.
>> The BootLiquor alt.country one is my current favorite. Saving me from
>> a lot of saccarine pap.
>>
>> Used to have Mojo Nixon cassette that I liked pretty well (Baby,
>> gonna trim your tree). And A Cow Christmas.

> For years, the SO would entertain/torture the felines by playing the
> "Jingle Cats" CD. Last year he decided to put it in the white elephant
> grab bag at the neighborhood holiday party. Our friend who won it was
> thrilled.
>
> I'll be turning on All Things Considered shortly to see if they play
> "Santa Baby" in memory of Eartha Kitt, who died today.
>
> Merry Christmas!
> Cindy

Eartha Kitt's passing is a great loss. I'm very sad to learn that.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Thursday, 12(XII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Christmas
Countdown till New Year's Eve
5dys 6hrs 46mins
'Well, I'll be a dirty bird.' - George Gobel
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher > wrote:

(Steve Pope) wrote in news:gj0d59$hku$1

>> Fairytale of New York, my all-time=favorite Christmas song.

>Definitely a classic. The Beeb did a great full hour retrospective with
>the Pogues (what was left of them after 15 years), centered on Fairytale of
>New York. Oddly enough, Shane MacGowan was born on Christmas Day 1957, and
>tragically, this is also the same time of the year when Kirsty MacColl was
>killed, Dec. 18 2000.

It was indeed tragic, especially the way it happened.

I was fortunate enough to see MacGowan and MacColl perform this
song once, at the London Forum. (Well, "fortunate" isn't entirely
true; we jiggered our travel plans around seriously in
order to be there...)

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article

,
Cindy Fuller > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> bulka > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 25, 11:39 am, Damsel in dis Dress
> > > wrote:
> > > Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
> > > Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
> > > singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
> > > like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
> > > like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
> > >
> > > This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
> > > (they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
> > > is very pleasant.
> > >
> > > What's playing in the background at your place?
> > >
> > > Carol

> > I recently found that I have access to stations broadcast on iTunes.
> > The BootLiquor alt.country one is my current favorite. Saving me from
> > a lot of saccarine pap.
> >
> > Used to have Mojo Nixon cassette that I liked pretty well (Baby,
> > gonna trim your tree). And A Cow Christmas.

> For years, the SO would entertain/torture the felines by playing the
> "Jingle Cats" CD. Last year he decided to put it in the white elephant
> grab bag at the neighborhood holiday party. Our friend who won it was
> thrilled.
>
> I'll be turning on All Things Considered shortly to see if they play
> "Santa Baby" in memory of Eartha Kitt, who died today.
>
> Merry Christmas!
> Cindy

Eartha Kitt died today?
That's the first I've heard of that. :-(
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote:

>> I'll be turning on All Things Considered shortly to see if they play
>> "Santa Baby" in memory of Eartha Kitt, who died today.

>Eartha Kitt died today?
>That's the first I've heard of that. :-(

Yes, it's sad. She was not that old, and it was not
expected.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article
> <cjfullerSPAMORAMA-53D5DE.15565925122008@70-3-168-

216.pools.spcsdns.net
> > ,

> Cindy Fuller > wrote:
>
>> In article
>> >,
>> bulka > wrote:
>>
>> > On Dec 25, 11:39 am, Damsel in dis Dress

>> > I recently found that I have access to stations broadcast on
>> > iTunes. The BootLiquor alt.country one is my current favorite.
>> > Saving me from a lot of saccarine pap.
>> >
>> > Used to have Mojo Nixon cassette that I liked pretty well (Baby,
>> > gonna trim your tree). And A Cow Christmas.

>> For years, the SO would entertain/torture the felines by playing the
>> "Jingle Cats" CD. Last year he decided to put it in the white
>> elephant grab bag at the neighborhood holiday party. Our friend who
>> won it was thrilled.
>>
>> I'll be turning on All Things Considered shortly to see if they play
>> "Santa Baby" in memory of Eartha Kitt, who died today.
>>
>> Merry Christmas!
>> Cindy

> Eartha Kitt died today?
> That's the first I've heard of that. :-(

Colon cancer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1...nger-and-da_n_
153505.html

Eartha Kitt, Singer And Dancer, Dies At 81

POLLY ANDERSON | December 25, 2008 09:20 PM EST | AP
Eartha Kitt, a sultry singer, dancer and actress who rose from South
Carolina cotton fields to become an international symbol of elegance and
sensuality, has died, a family spokesman said. She was 81.

Andrew Freedman said Kitt, who was recently treated at Columbia
Presbyterian Hospital, died Thursday in Connecticut of colon cancer.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 2:39*am, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
> What's playing in the background at your place?

Yesterday was Christmas here and we had the TV on listening to the
candle light concert. I think it was out of Brisbane.

Right now we are watching the start of the Sydney to Hobart sailboat
race. My husband suggested we enter Arabella but I put my foot down
and told him he could not race our home anymore. Last time he did
that (Puerto Vallarta, Mexico) the big mirror in the main saloon
broke.

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> Omelet > wrote:
>

>>> I'll be turning on All Things Considered shortly to see if they play
>>> "Santa Baby" in memory of Eartha Kitt, who died today.

>> Eartha Kitt died today?
>> That's the first I've heard of that. :-(

> Yes, it's sad. She was not that old, and it was not
> expected.
>
> Steve

She was 81 and had colon cancer.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 19:07:50 -0800 (PST), ladysailor
> wrote:

>On Dec 26, 2:39*am, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
>> What's playing in the background at your place?

>Yesterday was Christmas here and we had the TV on listening to the
>candle light concert. I think it was out of Brisbane.
>
>Right now we are watching the start of the Sydney to Hobart sailboat
>race. My husband suggested we enter Arabella but I put my foot down
>and told him he could not race our home anymore. Last time he did
>that (Puerto Vallarta, Mexico) the big mirror in the main saloon
>broke.

We're getting ready to watch a recording of "Ghosts of Christmas Eve,"
with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. See ya in awhile ...

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 25 Dec 2008 07:56:23p, Steve Pope told us...

> Omelet > wrote:
>

>>> I'll be turning on All Things Considered shortly to see if they play
>>> "Santa Baby" in memory of Eartha Kitt, who died today.

>>Eartha Kitt died today?
>>That's the first I've heard of that. :-(

> Yes, it's sad. She was not that old, and it was not
> expected.
>
> Steve

Yes, it's very said. I was very fond of her music. IIRC what I read, she
was 81 and died from colon cancer. At 81, she was not exactly a kid, and
with colon cancer I can't imagine it wasn't expectted at some point.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Thursday, 12(XII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Christmas
Countdown till New Year's Eve
5dys 3hrs 42mins
It is not enough merely to succeed: one's friends must also fail.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:39:38 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
>Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
>singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
>like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
>like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
>
>This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
>(they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
>is very pleasant.
>
>What's playing in the background at your place?
>
>Carol

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole......."What a wonderful world/Over the rainbow"
one of those catchy tunes. I have a mixture of all kinds of music in
my "most played" playlist. From Janice Joplin to Nana Moskouri, Kris
Kristopherson to Hayley Westenra, Rolling Stones to Luciano Pavarotti.
I listen to whatever sounds good(to me)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ladysailor wrote:

> Right now we are watching the start of the Sydney to Hobart sailboat
> race. My husband suggested we enter Arabella but I put my foot down
> and told him he could not race our home anymore. Last time he did
> that (Puerto Vallarta, Mexico) the big mirror in the main saloon
> broke.

OMG, not even 7am and I got my first big laugh of the day.

I have to use that line somehow, someday. You cannot race
our home anymore!

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:39:38 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
>Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
>singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
>like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
>like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
>
>This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
>(they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
>is very pleasant.
>
>What's playing in the background at your place?

The Magnetic Fields. Not Christmas music, but a present from my
daughter. http://www.houseoftomorrow.com/tmf.php

And the Roches' Christmas album, "We Three Kings."
http://www.roches.com/discography/wethreekings.html
--

modom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Peter-Lucas" > wrote:

> > Eartha Kitt died today?
> > That's the first I've heard of that. :-(

> Colon cancer.
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1...nger-and-da_n_
> 153505.html
>

> Eartha Kitt, Singer And Dancer, Dies At 81
>

> POLLY ANDERSON | December 25, 2008 09:20 PM EST | AP
> Eartha Kitt, a sultry singer, dancer and actress who rose from South
> Carolina cotton fields to become an international symbol of elegance and
> sensuality, has died, a family spokesman said. She was 81.
>
> Andrew Freedman said Kitt, who was recently treated at Columbia
> Presbyterian Hospital, died Thursday in Connecticut of colon cancer.
>

> --
> Peter Lucas

Thanks for the link.

I really liked her. Good childhood memories from the corny Batman TV
show if nothing else!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Last night, Crash was listening to some various artsts destroying
> Christmas music. The last straw was Paul Di-something (former lead
> singer for Iron Maiden) singing, "Here Comes Santa Claus." It sounded
> like a threat! You could just picture this maniacal Santa, outfitted
> like Rambo, coming to wipe out the terrified children of the earth.
>
> This morning, he surprised me with a Billy Idol Christmas album
> (they'll always be albums to me). He has a nice voice, and the music
> is very pleasant.
>
> What's playing in the background at your place?
>
> Carol

Christmas music on (US) PBS. Don't have any seasonal CDs, the vinyl
setup needs a new needle and the tape player doesn't work
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 25, 8:56*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> Omelet > wrote:
> >
> >> I'll be turning on All Things Considered shortly to see if they play
> >> "Santa Baby" in memory of Eartha Kitt, who died today.

> >Eartha Kitt died today?
> >That's the first I've heard of that. :-(

> Yes, it's sad. *She was not that old, and it was not
> expected.
>
> Steve

=============================
re - Eartha Kitt: I dunno . . . I'd settle for 81. Loved her. One of
my favorite jazz singers and a left winger at that!

Lynn in Fargo
"a Cadillac too . . light blue . . . "
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>

>>What's playing in the background at your place?
>>
>>Carol

http://jaerlyd.com/HTMLobj-695/Jimmy...e_Mountain.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 25, 4:12 pm, "l, not -l" > wrote:
> On 25-Dec-2008, Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
> > What's playing in the background at your place?

> > Carol

> As a lover of Blues and Jazz, the Christmas playlist on my MP3 player is a
> bit different:
>
> Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin' - Albert King
> Blues for Christmas - John Lee Hooker
> Christmas Blues - Canned Heat
> Christmas - Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown
> Christmas in Heaven - Charles Brown
> Santa Claus - Little Charlie & The Nightcats
> Christmas on the Bayou - Lonnie Brooks
> Lonesome Crhistmas - Son Seals
> Run, Rudolph, Run - Roomful of Blues
> Boogie Woogie Santa Claus - Charles Brown
> Let it Snow - Roomful of Blues
> Christmas Comes But Once A Year - Charles Brown
> Please Let Me Be Your Santa Clause - William Clarke
> Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Roomful of Blues
> Blues for Christmas - John Lee Hooker
> Deck the Halls with Boogie Woogie - Katie Webster
> I'm Your Santa - Lil' Ed & The Blues Imperials
> Merry Christmas Baby - Charles Brown
> I Told Santa - Roomful of Blues
> Merry, Merry Christmas - Koko Taylor
> Bringin' in a Brand New Year - Charles Brown
> Christmas Blues A' Comin' - Dan Crary
>
> Plus, the podcast of internet Blues radio show The Roadhouse (number 200)
> which has a number of songs for the holidays.
> --
> Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

Nice list, I

and, not directly related to that, back when I was collecting novelty
Christmas music, I kept looking for John Denver's version of "Please,
Daddy, don't get drunk this Christmas". Never got it . More relevant
to I - I think there are some great Butterbeans and Suzy tracks out in
the world. And The Ink Spots version of Baby it's Cold Outside.

And have kowabunga Kwanzza, y'all

bulka