Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Turbo Cooker Infomercial

It looked good, but alas . . .

http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/turbo_cooker
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> It looked good, but alas . . .
>
> http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/turbo_cooker

I find it interesting on a page that says the turbo cooker is a scam, there
is a Google ad for the Turbo cooker.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> It looked good, but alas . . .
>
> http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/turbo_cooker

I'll stick with the stainless steel PC. Mom's lasted around 25 years
before the bottom of it started becoming a bit convex. <g>
It's been retired and replaced. The new one gets used a LOT and is
holding up nicely after around 10 years of use.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> I find it interesting on a page that says the turbo cooker is a scam, there
> is a Google ad for the Turbo cooker.

Might as well get used to it. I've been seeing this more and more. Got
a pet mouse? Want to buy a toy for it? Google and see all the ads pop
up for poisons, traps and exterminating services. Looking for a get
well card for Aunt Sadie who has a cold? Get ads for caskets and
euthanasia services. I don't remember any actual details (I'm trying to
forget), but Google ads take your key words and find advertisers having
to do with that, sometimes the exact opposite of what you want.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:
> In article >,
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>

>> I find it interesting on a page that says the turbo cooker is a scam, there
>> is a Google ad for the Turbo cooker.

> Might as well get used to it.

Why give in? Firefox with noscript and flashblock makes browsing fast
and much less annoying.

I've been seeing this more and more. Got
> a pet mouse? Want to buy a toy for it? Google and see all the ads pop
> up for poisons, traps and exterminating services. Looking for a get
> well card for Aunt Sadie who has a cold? Get ads for caskets and
> euthanasia services. I don't remember any actual details (I'm trying to
> forget), but Google ads take your key words and find advertisers having
> to do with that, sometimes the exact opposite of what you want.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:
> In article >,
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>

>> I find it interesting on a page that says the turbo cooker is a scam, there
>> is a Google ad for the Turbo cooker.

> Might as well get used to it. I've been seeing this more and more. Got
> a pet mouse? Want to buy a toy for it? Google and see all the ads pop
> up for poisons, traps and exterminating services. Looking for a get
> well card for Aunt Sadie who has a cold? Get ads for caskets and
> euthanasia services. I don't remember any actual details (I'm trying to
> forget), but Google ads take your key words and find advertisers having
> to do with that, sometimes the exact opposite of what you want.

The worst, IMHO, is what has happened to google images. I suspect
that its practically useless current state is because of the user
labeling, but ad revenue may also play a role in its deterioration.

--
Jean B.

Turbo Yeast Lou[_1_] Winemaking 2 10-10-2008 05:48 AM
Saw the Sonic Blade Electric Knife Infomercial today Pierre[_1_] Cooking Equipment 8 04-09-2007 06:33 PM
Bottled Turbo Wine mdginzo Winemaking 11 15-12-2005 04:57 PM
Turbo Apple Cider mdginzo Winemaking 0 26-11-2005 05:39 PM
Turbo Yeast Dick Adams Winemaking 5 18-12-2004 06:08 AM