Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers

Default Banned Chinese candies

I'm shattered - White Rabbit, my favorite Chinese candy has been banned
because of the impurities questions. I was eating it for years and didn't
die. WAAAA!

Anybody else?

--
http://cashcuddler.com

"Thrift is sexy."

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers

"Macuser" > wrote:

> I'm shattered - White Rabbit, my favorite Chinese candy has been banned
> because of the impurities questions. I was eating it for years and didn't
> die. WAAAA!
>
> Anybody else?

You were eating candy named after a Jefferson Airplane song?

Did you know there used to be a candy called Hippy Sippy that
were little candy pills in a container shaped like a hypodermic
needle?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers

Yes, I knew it was a song, but eating them did put me on a Magical Mystery
Tour. They were great little candies that tasted like vanilla ice cream.

--
http://cashcuddler.com

"Thrift is sexy."

> You were eating candy named after a Jefferson Airplane song?
>
> Did you know there used to be a candy called Hippy Sippy that
> were little candy pills in a container shaped like a hypodermic
> needle?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers

Macuser wrote:

> Yes, I knew it was a song, but eating them did put me on a Magical Mystery
> Tour. They were great little candies that tasted like vanilla ice cream.

Old news. They were banned 2 1/2 months ago.

http://www.fda.gov/consumer/updates/...lls100908.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers

I was eating those for years and I miss them. Do they ever become un-banned?

--
http://cashcuddler.com

"Thrift is sexy."

Red Hot Candies Karl[_4_] Recipes 0 03-06-2012 12:54 AM
Quick candies Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 2 13-12-2010 09:05 PM
Dipping Candies Bunny McElwee Chocolate 11 16-11-2006 11:09 PM
Dipping Candies Bunny McElwee General Cooking 12 16-11-2006 11:09 PM
Molded candies frood Chocolate 1 25-02-2004 04:57 PM