Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default Reseasoning cast iron

X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment

Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.

The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice