General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-12-2008, 03:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 149
Default Gingerbread Waffles

Gingerbread Waffles
http://bakedchicago.typepad.com

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 large eggs
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
whipped cream for serving
berry preserves for serving

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in
large bowl. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, sour
cream and molasses. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until
smooth.

Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold. Cook until
golden brown. Serve warm waffles with whipped cream and berry
preserves.

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-12-2008, 05:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,454
Default Gingerbread Waffles


"WindyCityPrince" wrote in message
...
Gingerbread Waffles
http://bakedchicago.typepad.com


Sounds delicious!!


  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-12-2008, 09:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default Gingerbread Waffles

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:26:35 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:


"WindyCityPrince" wrote in message
...
Gingerbread Waffles
http://bakedchicago.typepad.com


Sounds delicious!!


Sure does! *Saved* for a day I can play super-grandma. Which is not
soon....

So I'll pass it on to "soon to be" (in June) Uncle who makes
Sunday/Saturday breakfast (when he spends the night) the big treat it
used to be in our family.

Obviously, I like him.

My son can fend for himself (he's a good cook too), but he takes a
break whenever my soon to be SIL is on breakfast duty. KIDS!


--
I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.

Mae West
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-12-2008, 11:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 125
Default Gingerbread Waffles

WindyCityPrince wrote:
Gingerbread Waffles
http://bakedchicago.typepad.com

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 large eggs
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
whipped cream for serving
berry preserves for serving

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in
large bowl. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, sour
cream and molasses. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until
smooth.

Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold. Cook until
golden brown. Serve warm waffles with whipped cream and berry
preserves.


snipped and saved...might make this christmas morning...
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-12-2008, 12:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,044
Default Gingerbread Waffles

WindyCityPrince provided:

Gingerbread Waffles

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 large eggs
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
whipped cream for serving
berry preserves for serving

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in
large bowl. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, sour
cream and molasses. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until
smooth.

Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold. Cook until
golden brown. Serve warm waffles with whipped cream and berry
preserves.


I like to serve lemon curd with gingerbread; it would probably be good on
these waffles instead of the berry preserves.

My favorite gingerbread recipe comes from a Maida Heatter book on desserts,
and includes such offbeat ingredients as black pepper and dry mustard. If I
make these waffles I might try Mrs. Heatter's spicing rather than that given
above.

Bob





  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-12-2008, 02:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,906
Default Gingerbread Waffles

ravenlynne wrote:
WindyCityPrince wrote:
Gingerbread Waffles
http://bakedchicago.typepad.com

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 large eggs
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
whipped cream for serving
berry preserves for serving

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in
large bowl. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, sour
cream and molasses. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until
smooth.

Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold. Cook until
golden brown. Serve warm waffles with whipped cream and berry
preserves.


snipped and saved...might make this christmas morning...

I made them this past Sunday morning. Served with whole raspberry syrup
and butter. Very tasty. I think the great grands will really like them
on their next visit. The spice level is just right too.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
REC: Gingerbread jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 7 18-11-2013 07:25 AM
Gingerbread Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 68 11-02-2009 04:35 AM
Watson Estate Gingerbread Waffles Cathy Leslie Recipes (moderated) 0 03-06-2006 04:23 PM
Watson Estate Gingerbread Waffles Cathy Leslie Recipes (moderated) 0 03-06-2006 04:23 PM
Gingerbread Men Duckie Recipes 0 05-12-2005 09:46 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017