Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gingerbread Waffles

Gingerbread Waffles
http://bakedchicago.typepad.com

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 large eggs
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
whipped cream for serving
berry preserves for serving

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in
large bowl. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, sour
cream and molasses. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until
smooth.

Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold. Cook until
golden brown. Serve warm waffles with whipped cream and berry
preserves.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"WindyCityPrince" > wrote in message
> Gingerbread Waffles
> http://bakedchicago.typepad.com

Sounds delicious!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:26:35 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"WindyCityPrince" > wrote in message
>> Gingerbread Waffles
>> http://bakedchicago.typepad.com
>>

>Sounds delicious!!

Sure does! *Saved* for a day I can play super-grandma. Which is not
soon....

So I'll pass it on to "soon to be" (in June) Uncle who makes
Sunday/Saturday breakfast (when he spends the night) the big treat it
used to be in our family.

Obviously, I like him.

My son can fend for himself (he's a good cook too), but he takes a
break whenever my soon to be SIL is on breakfast duty. KIDS!

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

WindyCityPrince wrote:
> Gingerbread Waffles
> http://bakedchicago.typepad.com
>
> 2 cups all-purpose flour
> 1/4 cup granulated sugar
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
> 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
> 1 teaspoon ground ginger
> 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
> 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
> 4 large eggs
> 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
> 1 cup buttermilk
> 1/2 cup sour cream
> 3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
> whipped cream for serving
> berry preserves for serving
>
> Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in
> large bowl. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, sour
> cream and molasses. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until
> smooth.
>
> Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold. Cook until
> golden brown. Serve warm waffles with whipped cream and berry
> preserves.

snipped and saved...might make this christmas morning...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

WindyCityPrince provided:

> Gingerbread Waffles
>
> 2 cups all-purpose flour
> 1/4 cup granulated sugar
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
> 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
> 1 teaspoon ground ginger
> 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
> 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
> 4 large eggs
> 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
> 1 cup buttermilk
> 1/2 cup sour cream
> 3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
> whipped cream for serving
> berry preserves for serving
>
> Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in
> large bowl. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, sour
> cream and molasses. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until
> smooth.
>
> Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold. Cook until
> golden brown. Serve warm waffles with whipped cream and berry
> preserves.

I like to serve lemon curd with gingerbread; it would probably be good on
these waffles instead of the berry preserves.

My favorite gingerbread recipe comes from a Maida Heatter book on desserts,
and includes such offbeat ingredients as black pepper and dry mustard. If I
make these waffles I might try Mrs. Heatter's spicing rather than that given
above.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:
> WindyCityPrince wrote:
>> Gingerbread Waffles
>> http://bakedchicago.typepad.com
>>
>> 2 cups all-purpose flour
>> 1/4 cup granulated sugar
>> 1 teaspoon baking powder
>> 1 teaspoon baking soda
>> 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
>> 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
>> 1 teaspoon ground ginger
>> 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
>> 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
>> 4 large eggs
>> 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
>> 1 cup buttermilk
>> 1/2 cup sour cream
>> 3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
>> whipped cream for serving
>> berry preserves for serving
>>
>> Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in
>> large bowl. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, sour
>> cream and molasses. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until
>> smooth.
>>
>> Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold. Cook until
>> golden brown. Serve warm waffles with whipped cream and berry
>> preserves.

> snipped and saved...might make this christmas morning...

I made them this past Sunday morning. Served with whole raspberry syrup
and butter. Very tasty. I think the great grands will really like them
on their next visit. The spice level is just right too.