Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whoever told me about this whole wheat pasta ...

was right!

Barilla Plus is good stuff. I bought the angel hair and it is
indistinguishable from the regular Barilla in taste and consistency, but has
lots of added protein and fiber, less wasted carbs. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Coulda' been me, Cat...

I love the stuff. My fave is the spaghetti rigate. Had it last night
with a marinara made with mild Italian sausage. Started with a 3-bean
minestrone that was quite good, too.

Alex

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 13:20:18 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>was right!
>
>Barilla Plus is good stuff. I bought the angel hair and it is
>indistinguishable from the regular Barilla in taste and consistency, but has
>lots of added protein and fiber, less wasted carbs. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemiker" > wrote in message
> Coulda' been me, Cat...
>
> I love the stuff. My fave is the spaghetti rigate. Had it last night
> with a marinara made with mild Italian sausage. Started with a 3-bean
> minestrone that was quite good, too.

Yum. I made a kind of Alfredo sauce, a bit of heavy cream, butter, and fresh
parmesan, and mixed steamed carrot bits, asparagus, and sweet red peppers
and mushrooms into the pasta before adding the sauce. Very nice. I want to
try the penne!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message
> was right!
>
> Barilla Plus is good stuff. I bought the angel hair and it is
> indistinguishable from the regular Barilla in taste and consistency, but
> has lots of added protein and fiber, less wasted carbs.

Plus ALA Omega-3...

Barilla Plus is pretty much the only pasta we've eaten at home for the past
couple of years now.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MareCat" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> was right!
>>
>> Barilla Plus is good stuff. I bought the angel hair and it is
>> indistinguishable from the regular Barilla in taste and consistency, but
>> has lots of added protein and fiber, less wasted carbs.

> Plus ALA Omega-3...
>
> Barilla Plus is pretty much the only pasta we've eaten at home for the
> past couple of years now.

It was you! It's great stuff. I think the process must have been improved
since they began making whole wheat pasta. The first stuff was just awful.
We're cutting out white bread, flour, pasta, and other low-fiber carbs, so
if not whole wheat, we won't have pasta. And we can't have that!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "MareCat" > wrote in message
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> was right!
>>>
>>> Barilla Plus is good stuff. I bought the angel hair and it is
>>> indistinguishable from the regular Barilla in taste and consistency, but
>>> has lots of added protein and fiber, less wasted carbs.

>> Plus ALA Omega-3...
>>
>> Barilla Plus is pretty much the only pasta we've eaten at home for the
>> past couple of years now.
>>

> It was you!

It was? Must've been awhile ago, as I haven't posted about BP lately...

> It's great stuff. I think the process must have been improved since they
> began making whole wheat pasta. The first stuff was just awful. We're
> cutting out white bread, flour, pasta, and other low-fiber carbs, so if
> not whole wheat, we won't have pasta. And we can't have that!

Yeah, the first whole wheat pasta was pretty bad. Barilla Plus is just like
regular white pasta.

Have you tried Dreamfields low-carb pasta? It's also indistinguishable in
taste and consistency from regular pasta.

Mary