Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default new species of hot dog discovered in georgia

(AP) When Becky Cleaveland is out with her girlfriends, they all pick at
salads except for the petite Atlanta woman. She tackles "The Hamdog."

The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's, a suburban bar, is a hot dog wrapped
by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions
and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a fried egg and
two fistfuls of fries.

"The owner says I'm the only girl who can eat a whole one without
flinching," Cleaveland said proudly.

(more boring stuff about the atrocious southern diet, but also a picture of
the gut-buster at:

<http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/health/main673897.shtml> )

rumor has it that chicago dogs are massing for a counter-attack.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> (AP) When Becky Cleaveland is out with her girlfriends, they all pick at
> salads except for the petite Atlanta woman. She tackles "The Hamdog."
>
> The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's, a suburban bar, is a hot dog wrapped
> by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions
> and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a fried egg and
> two fistfuls of fries.
>
> "The owner says I'm the only girl who can eat a whole one without
> flinching," Cleaveland said proudly.
>
> (more boring stuff about the atrocious southern diet, but also a picture of
> the gut-buster at:
>
> <http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/health/main673897.shtml> )
>
> rumor has it that chicago dogs are massing for a counter-attack.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Ok, that was just nasty! <shudder>

As bad as the video link I sometimes post for Chicken Fried Bacon... Agh!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> (AP) When Becky Cleaveland is out with her girlfriends, they all pick at
> salads except for the petite Atlanta woman. She tackles "The Hamdog."
>
> The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's, a suburban bar, is a hot dog wrapped
> by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions
> and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a fried egg and
> two fistfuls of fries.
>
> "The owner says I'm the only girl who can eat a whole one without
> flinching," Cleaveland said proudly.
>
> (more boring stuff about the atrocious southern diet, but also a picture of
> the gut-buster at:
>
> <http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/health/main673897.shtml> )
>
> rumor has it that chicago dogs are massing for a counter-attack.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Is that for the indecisive?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B."
a hot dog wrapped
>> by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and
>> onions>> and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a
>> fried egg and
>> two fistfuls of fries.
>> your pal,
>> blake

> Is that for the indecisive?
>
> --
> Jean B.

Good one!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote in message
> "Jean B."
> a hot dog wrapped
>>> by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and
>>> onions>> and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a
>>> fried egg and
>>> two fistfuls of fries.
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>> Is that for the indecisive?
>>
>> --
>> Jean B.

> Good one!

I thought so too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 3, 10:11�am, blake murphy > wrote:

> The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's, a suburban bar, is a hot dog wrapped
> by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions
> and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a fried egg and
> two fistfuls of fries.

One of those simultaneously repulsive and enticing sort of dishes.
I might eat it if I were drunk. That can be arranged.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:11:47 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>(AP) When Becky Cleaveland is out with her girlfriends, they all pick at
>salads except for the petite Atlanta woman. She tackles "The Hamdog."

>The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's, a suburban bar, is a hot dog wrapped
>by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions
>and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a fried egg and
>two fistfuls of fries.

Now that's disgusting... but oddly compelling!!

"And wouldja like CPR with that???"

Imagine supersizing it!

Welshdog
--

News and views... for people like youse!!

Australian Opinion
Now finally at http://australianopinion.com.au
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote

> (more boring stuff about the atrocious southern diet, but also a picture
> of
> the gut-buster at:
>
> <http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/health/main673897.shtml> )

Hey! I've lived on said atrocious southern diet for most of my life.
Don't go bad-mouthing the south.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:50:06 -0500, Jean B. wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>> (AP) When Becky Cleaveland is out with her girlfriends, they all pick at
>> salads except for the petite Atlanta woman. She tackles "The Hamdog."
>>
>> The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's, a suburban bar, is a hot dog wrapped
>> by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions
>> and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a fried egg and
>> two fistfuls of fries.
>>
>> "The owner says I'm the only girl who can eat a whole one without
>> flinching," Cleaveland said proudly.
>>
>> (more boring stuff about the atrocious southern diet, but also a picture of
>> the gut-buster at:
>>
>> <http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/health/main673897.shtml> )
>>
>> rumor has it that chicago dogs are massing for a counter-attack.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> Is that for the indecisive?

maybe it's so you can eat all three of the day's meals at one time.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 12:25:03 -0800 (PST), KevinS wrote:

> On Dec 3, 10:11�am, blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's, a suburban bar, is a hot dog wrapped
>> by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions
>> and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a fried egg and
>> two fistfuls of fries.

> One of those simultaneously repulsive and enticing sort of dishes.
> I might eat it if I were drunk. That can be arranged.

i think i'd rather just get drunk and skip the rest.

might be fun to watch someone else it it, though.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:26:04 -0500, TFM® wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote
>

>> (more boring stuff about the atrocious southern diet, but also a picture
>> of
>> the gut-buster at:
>>
>> <http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/health/main673897.shtml> )

> Hey! I've lived on said atrocious southern diet for most of my life.
> Don't go bad-mouthing the south.
>
> TFM®

hey, c.b.s. said it not me! as far as i'm concerned, you sons of veterans
of the war of northern aggression can eat what you like.

your pal,
fatback

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KevinS wrote:
> On Dec 3, 10:11�am, blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's, a suburban bar, is a hot dog wrapped
>> by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions
>> and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a fried egg and
>> two fistfuls of fries.

> One of those simultaneously repulsive and enticing sort of dishes.
> I might eat it if I were drunk. That can be arranged.

Are they fried onions?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob said...

> KevinS wrote:
>> On Dec 3, 10:11�am, blake murphy > wrote:
>>
>>> The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's, a suburban bar, is a hot dog
>>> wrapped by a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese
>>> and onions and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with
>>> a fried egg and two fistfuls of fries.

>> One of those simultaneously repulsive and enticing sort of dishes.
>> I might eat it if I were drunk. That can be arranged.

> Are they fried onions?

Heh heh heh.

Put the hamdog on the competitive eating circuit!

Makes the famous Chicago-style dog seem like a multivitamin! <G>

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:11:47 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

><http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/health/main673897.shtml> )
>
>rumor has it that chicago dogs are massing for a counter-attack.

I'm already working on it Blake. It's goona be a dog wrapped in a
deep dish pizza and loaded with all the proper trimmings. Should be
perfect! We'll win for sure.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:38:24 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:11:47 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>

>><http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/health/main673897.shtml> )
>>
>>rumor has it that chicago dogs are massing for a counter-attack.

> I'm already working on it Blake. It's goona be a dog wrapped in a
> deep dish pizza and loaded with all the proper trimmings. Should be
> perfect! We'll win for sure.
>
> Lou

the south shall not rise again!

your pal,