Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Melted Mars Bars?

I was listening to a radio program this morning and caught part of a
recipe.

The cook was saying something that sounded a lot like:

Break up the Mars bars, boil the cream and pour
it over. Stir until it melts then put in the fridge to
set."

Trouble is that was *all* I caught so I have *no* idea what she was
actually trying to describe/make.

Anyone heard of anything like this??

Welshdog
--

News and views... for people like youse!!

Australian Opinion
Now finally at http://australianopinion.com.au
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Welsh Dog wrote:
> I was listening to a radio program this morning and caught part of a
> recipe.
>
> The cook was saying something that sounded a lot like:
>
> Break up the Mars bars, boil the cream and pour
> it over. Stir until it melts then put in the fridge to
> set."
>
> Trouble is that was *all* I caught so I have *no* idea what she was
> actually trying to describe/make.
>
> Anyone heard of anything like this??

Looks very akin to the "mars cake": once you have melted your mars and mixed
it to the cream, just mix it with puff-rice (sp? It's dried flakey rice) and
let it refrigerate. After that it gets firm enough to slice it.
A very simple recipe for kids.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ViLco wrote:
> Welsh Dog wrote:
>> I was listening to a radio program this morning and caught part of a
>> recipe.
>>
>> The cook was saying something that sounded a lot like:
>>
>> Break up the Mars bars, boil the cream and pour
>> it over. Stir until it melts then put in the fridge to
>> set."
>>
>> Trouble is that was *all* I caught so I have *no* idea what she was
>> actually trying to describe/make.
>>
>> Anyone heard of anything like this??

> Looks very akin to the "mars cake": once you have melted your mars and mixed
> it to the cream, just mix it with puff-rice (sp? It's dried flakey rice) and

US: Rice Crispies?

> let it refrigerate. After that it gets firm enough to slice it.
> A very simple recipe for kids.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:34:10 GMT, "ViLco" > wrote:
>Welsh Dog wrote:

>> I was listening to a radio program this morning and caught part of a
>> recipe.

>> The cook was saying something that sounded a lot like:

>> Break up the Mars bars, boil the cream and pour
>> it over. Stir until it melts then put in the fridge to
>> set."

>> Trouble is that was *all* I caught so I have *no* idea what she was
>> actually trying to describe/make.

>> Anyone heard of anything like this??

>Looks very akin to the "mars cake": once you have melted your mars and mixed
>it to the cream, just mix it with puff-rice (sp? It's dried flakey rice) and
>let it refrigerate. After that it gets firm enough to slice it.
>A very simple recipe for kids.

Sounds like it might be nice for Xmas!

I'll look up quantities online and make some of that as well...
thanks!

Welshdog
--

News and views... for people like youse!!

Australian Opinion
Now finally at http://australianopinion.com.au
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bell wrote

>> Looks very akin to the "mars cake": once you have melted your mars
>> and mixed it to the cream, just mix it with puff-rice (sp? It's
>> dried flakey rice) and

> US: Rice Crispies?

Yeah, maybe they're it. I googled it up in italian and I found a lot
of operations selling it to farmers as a base for cattle nourishment,
and I know some people who mix it with boxed dog food for theyr dogs,
and it's also used for many mainstream chocolate covered snack-bars,
here.
As far as I can understand it, it's probably steam cooked rice who's
been blown/dried via hot air flow or such; it's almost dry but when
you put it in some liquid it really drinks the liquid up, fattenin' up
a to a heavy size boiled rice grain. And it's cooked.
This mars bar and rice cake is usually served to children hereabouts,
therefore I haven't had a single bit since I was little-teen, but I'm
starting to think I could enjoy a little...
Gonna get some mars bar
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melted Mars Bars...sounds yummy to me! Makes me want to put a couple
in a bowl, nuke them, and then get a glass of ice cold milk and go to
town. That really sounds good!

One time I was going to make brownies and made the mistake of tasting
the batter. That was it. I just got a glass of milk and ate all the
batter up. Why wait to cook it? Then I had the frosting later.

Needless to say, I LOVE chocolate!
Mark