Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default turkey sandwiches

The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
day after Thanksgiving!

How does everyone like their sandwiches?

My sandwich is made of:
white toast -- toast is essential
turkey
mustard
Duke's mayo
salt and pepper
a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative

The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:
> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>
> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.
>
> Tara

Here, the proper turkey sandwich, called various things, would be
bread (you choose), mayo, lettuce (that seems to be optional),
turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce. Obviously, the turkey and the
dressing should be at least warm. Very messy to eat but wonderful.

Or one could go the spartan route. My mom made turkey sandwiches
that were just bread, butter, and turkey. They would be frozen.
I guess, looking back, it would have been nice to add a little
something (or a couple of little somethings) to the thawed sandwiches.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara > fnord
:

> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>
> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.
>
> Tara

Challah (toasted whole wheat if there is no challah)
turkey
miracle whip (the only thing I like miracle whip in)
tomato
lettuce

sometimes I make sandwiches with leftover stuffing and squash, and then
I don;t use miracle whip.

--
Saerah

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?

Wheat toast (the big, cushy kind, Pepperidge Farms or Arnold Dutch Oven)
butter, salt and pepper, white meat.

Or white bread, mayo, lettuce on that, white meat, a thin bit of cranberry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote:
> Here, the proper turkey sandwich, called various things, would be bread
> (you choose), mayo, lettuce (that seems to be optional), turkey, dressing,
> cranberry sauce. Obviously, the turkey and the dressing should be at
> least warm. Very messy to eat but wonderful.

Oo! Dressing might be an interesting addition.

> Or one could go the spartan route. My mom made turkey sandwiches that
> were just bread, butter, and turkey.

Try this, just once, to see if you like it: lightly toasted bread buttered
while still hot, COLD white meat, salt and pepper. It's got a good
melty-butter hot/cold thang going.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Saerah Gray" > wrote in message
53...
> Tara > fnord
> :
>
>> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
>> day after Thanksgiving!
>>
>> How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>>
>> My sandwich is made of:
>> white toast -- toast is essential
>> turkey
>> mustard
>> Duke's mayo
>> salt and pepper
>> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>>
>> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
>> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.
>>
>> Tara
>>

> Challah (toasted whole wheat if there is no challah)
> turkey
> miracle whip (the only thing I like miracle whip in)

<shakes head> That's just *wrong*!!

> tomato
> lettuce
>
> sometimes I make sandwiches with leftover stuffing and squash, and then
> I don;t use miracle whip.

Well praise the Lord for small mercies. I like turkey salad sandwiches with
curry and some cranberry sauce. Oh. Yum. I also like the more traditional
turkey-stuffing-cran combo on my homemade whole grain and flax seed bread.
Tasty stuff.

TammyM, engaging in one of her favorite RFC sports - Ranger-baiting

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>
> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.

It's more complicated for me, and depends on the turkey meat I'm using for
the sandwich:

1. If it's white meat with skin attached, I like the sandwich to be on
buttered wheat bread with cranberry sauce and a little zigzag of mustard.

2. If it's white meat with no skin, I like the sandwich to be on white bread
with a generous spread of mayo and a sprinkling of salt and either pepper,
coriander, or grains of paradise (any of which would be freshly ground)

3. If it's dark meat, skin or no skin, I like the sandwich to be in a
toasted sesame sandwich roll with mayo and some kind of relish (or chutney).

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OK, knowing full well I will be masacred for saying so....I grew up on
Miracle Whip....and the TG sandwich MUST be made with it to be "right"!
A little MW, some breast meat, a layer of stuffing, salt and LOTS of
black pepper....
...a glass of cold milk and a devilled egg complete the deal.
The before-bed sandwich is better than the dinner, in my bok!

Lass

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lass Chance_2" > wrote in message
> OK, knowing full well I will be masacred for saying so....I grew up on
> Miracle Whip....and the TG sandwich MUST be made with it to be "right"!
> A little MW, some breast meat, a layer of stuffing, salt and LOTS of
> black pepper....
> ..a glass of cold milk and a devilled egg complete the deal.
> The before-bed sandwich is better than the dinner, in my bok!

No one will masssacre you, Lass. There are MW devotees here (sick lot that
they are <G>) MW is one of those "waving the red at the bull" kinds of
topics here - like fettucine alfredo and authentic <insert name of dish>.
You just grab yerself a bowl of popcorn, drag up the lawn chair and enjoy
the show. Sometimes, if you're feeling particularly perverse, you even stir
the pot a little.

TammyM waves at The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Lass Chance_2" > wrote in message
>> OK, knowing full well I will be masacred for saying so....I
>> grew up on
>> Miracle Whip....and the TG sandwich MUST be made with it to
>> be "right"!
>> A little MW, some breast meat, a layer of stuffing, salt and
>> LOTS of
>> black pepper....
>> ..a glass of cold milk and a devilled egg complete the deal.
>> The before-bed sandwich is better than the dinner, in my
>> bok!

Hoozah! Hoozah! Hoozah!

Miracle Whip and Turkey! On Wonder/Sarah Lee, no less.

> There are MW devotees here (sick lot that they are <G>)
> TammyM waves at The Ranger

__ /|
\o.O|
=(___)=

ACK! PTHFT!

__ /|
\o.O|
=(___)=

ACK! PTHFT!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:
> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>
> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.

I'm all about leftover turkey with mayo, very simple. Agreed on
the potato chips.

I did have a turkey sandwich today, however it wasn't leftovers,
it was just deli turkey breast from earlier in the week. On white
bread with pesto. Pretty good.

Real leftover turkey sandwiches are in a few days when the
free turkey is roasted.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 28, 1:12*pm, Tara > wrote:
> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> *How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>
> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. *I don't
> have any, however, *so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.
>
> Tara

I alternate my two favorites. Turkey on toasted grainy bread, cream
cheese and cranberry sauce or
Also on grainy bread, a little mustard, turkey and bacon. Yum.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>
> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.
>
> Tara

Good White Bread
Best Foods Mayo
Salt
Pepper
Lettuce.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in news:_PVXk.11861$_L1.8350
@newsfe13.ams2:

> Tara wrote:
>> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
>> day after Thanksgiving!
>>
>> How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>>
>> My sandwich is made of:
>> white toast -- toast is essential
>> turkey
>> mustard
>> Duke's mayo
>> salt and pepper
>> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>>
>> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
>> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.

> I'm all about leftover turkey with mayo, very simple. Agreed on
> the potato chips.
>
> I did have a turkey sandwich today, however it wasn't leftovers,
> it was just deli turkey breast from earlier in the week. On white
> bread with pesto. Pretty good.
>
> Real leftover turkey sandwiches are in a few days when the
> free turkey is roasted.
>
> nancy

Buttered toasted onion rye bread, sliced tomatoes, turkey, lettuce and
loads of mayo...the food of the Gods

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote:
>> Here, the proper turkey sandwich, called various things, would be bread
>> (you choose), mayo, lettuce (that seems to be optional), turkey, dressing,
>> cranberry sauce. Obviously, the turkey and the dressing should be at
>> least warm. Very messy to eat but wonderful.

> Oo! Dressing might be an interesting addition.
>

>> Or one could go the spartan route. My mom made turkey sandwiches that
>> were just bread, butter, and turkey.

> Try this, just once, to see if you like it: lightly toasted bread buttered
> while still hot, COLD white meat, salt and pepper. It's got a good
> melty-butter hot/cold thang going.

Okay, I shall do so.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> It's more complicated for me, and depends on the turkey meat I'm using for
> the sandwich:
>
> 1. If it's white meat with skin attached, I like the sandwich to be on
> buttered wheat bread with cranberry sauce and a little zigzag of mustard.
>
> 2. If it's white meat with no skin, I like the sandwich to be on white bread
> with a generous spread of mayo and a sprinkling of salt and either pepper,
> coriander, or grains of paradise (any of which would be freshly ground)
>
> 3. If it's dark meat, skin or no skin, I like the sandwich to be in a
> toasted sesame sandwich roll with mayo and some kind of relish (or chutney).
>

> Bob

GRAINS OF PARADISE!!!! Gee, I have only used that in medieval
cooking.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 5:31*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:

> Good White Bread
> Best Foods Mayo
> Salt
> Pepper
> Lettuce.

Yep, that's my favorite too!

The challenge for us these days is finding Best Foods Mayo. :-(

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Tara" > wrote in message
>> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
>> day after Thanksgiving!
>>
>> How does everyone like their sandwiches?

> Wheat toast (the big, cushy kind, Pepperidge Farms or Arnold Dutch Oven)
> butter, salt and pepper, white meat.
>
> Or white bread, mayo, lettuce on that, white meat, a thin bit of
> cranberry.

I'm pretty much the same way, but instead of mayo, I've becomee a fan of
Durkee's Famous Sauce -- a sort of combination of mayo and mild mustard.
Excellect. It was a stable for holiday dinners when I was growing up (that
means at least 50 to 60 years).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tara > wrote:

> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>
> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.
>
> Tara

"Dollar rolls", a schmear of butter, some mayo, some salt, maybe some
cranberry sauce, and turkey -- dark meat preferred.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - raspberry pie, 11/26/2008
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara > wrote in
:

> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey
> sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?

Open faced hot turkey sandwiches.

Turkey over toast, covered with gravey. :-)

> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I
> don't have any, however, so I will make do with sliced
> oranges and olives.
>
> Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ladysailor wrote:
> On Nov 29, 5:31 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>> Good White Bread
>> Best Foods Mayo
>> Salt
>> Pepper
>> Lettuce.

> Yep, that's my favorite too!
>
> The challenge for us these days is finding Best Foods Mayo. :-(
>
> Barb
> s/y Arabella
> www.sailinglinks.com

Ladysailor, let me know if you need some mayo. I'll be happy to send you
some since you don't have a local source. The only problem is I don't
have access to "Best Foods". I have Hellmann's, but would be happy to
send you that. Just send me an address that works for you.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie > wrote in news:ggqau1025r2
@enews5.newsguy.com:

> ladysailor wrote:
>> On Nov 29, 5:31 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>>> Good White Bread
>>> Best Foods Mayo
>>> Salt
>>> Pepper
>>> Lettuce.

>> Yep, that's my favorite too!
>>
>> The challenge for us these days is finding Best Foods Mayo. :-(
>>
>> Barb
>> s/y Arabella
>> www.sailinglinks.com

> Ladysailor, let me know if you need some mayo. I'll be happy to send

you
> some since you don't have a local source. The only problem is I don't
> have access to "Best Foods". I have Hellmann's, but would be happy to
> send you that. Just send me an address that works for you.

Hellmans, Best Foods........ made by the same factory.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, "How

many potatoes would you like Peter?". I said "Ooh, I'll just have one

please". She said "It's OK, you don't have to be polite" "Alright" I

said "I'll just have one then, you stupid cow".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?

Two basic ways:

Cold on decent bread with a bit of mayo, jellied cranberry sauce,
lettuce, salt and pepper;

or hot on decent bread with decent gravy and some freshly fried
chips/fries, salt and pepper.

> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.
>
> Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> "Tara" > wrote in message
> > The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> > day after Thanksgiving!
> >
> > How does everyone like their sandwiches?
> >
> > My sandwich is made of:
> > white toast -- toast is essential
> > turkey
> > mustard
> > Duke's mayo
> > salt and pepper
> > a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
> >
> > The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
> > have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.
> >
> > Tara

> Good White Bread
> Best Foods Mayo
> Salt
> Pepper
> Lettuce

Nearly got it:

Dutch Crunch bread, toasted

Then when the turkey is on the bread (on top of a layer of mayo), run it
back under the broiler 'till it's hot, and for the other side, broil it
a bit *after* the mayo is on it, and then put the lettuce (lots!) on
there to let it get just a bit limp. Then slam it together and add a big
glass of ice-cold milk.

Isaac

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Good White Bread
> Best Foods Mayo
> Salt
> Pepper
> Lettuce.

I'm gonna have to try that lettuce trick.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 28 Nov 2008 11:57:20p, Leonard Blaisdell told us...

> In article >,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
>> Good White Bread
>> Best Foods Mayo
>> Salt
>> Pepper
>> Lettuce.

> I'm gonna have to try that lettuce trick.
>
> leo

There’s scarcely a cold sandwich I care to eat without some lettuce on it.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Saturday, 11(XI)/29(XXIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Christmas Day
3wks 4dys 23hrs 55mins
And then the earth exploded. . . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sandi > wrote:

> Open faced hot turkey sandwiches.
>
> Turkey over toast, covered with gravey. :-)

Well duh and shame on me. What a great idea! I even saved the gravy.
There isn't anything better than a hot turkey sandwich, mashed potatoes
and some sort of vegetable. Thanks!

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 1:24 pm, "Peter-Lucas" > wrote:
> > The challenge for us these days is finding Best Foods Mayo. :-(

> Barb, try.....
>
> Funky Food
> Delicatessens - Bundaberg, QLD
>
> Address
>
> 85 Water St
> Bundaberg
> QLD, 4670
>
> Ph:
> (07) 4151 0718
>
> I just spoke to Rosieblu Gourmet Deli and they said to try there.
> Funky's number keeps going to an answering machine (probably closed on a
> Sat arvo!!).

Thanks Peter!! We are renting a car on Tuesday to go into town for
“Big Shopping”. We will look them up.

> (The joys of free National calls with VOIP ;-)

We use skype, it’s almost free. Just being able to talk to family on
the other side of the world is worth every little penny.

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 12:54 pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:

> Ladysailor, let me know if you need some mayo. I'll be happy to send you
> some since you don't have a local source. The only problem is I don't
> have access to "Best Foods". I have Hellmann's, but would be happy to
> send you that. Just send me an address that works for you.

Thanks for the offer Bob.

If Funky Food doesn’t have it, I may get back to you.

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ladysailor wrote:
> On Nov 29, 12:54 pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
>
>> Ladysailor, let me know if you need some mayo. I'll be happy to send you
>> some since you don't have a local source. The only problem is I don't
>> have access to "Best Foods". I have Hellmann's, but would be happy to
>> send you that. Just send me an address that works for you.

> Thanks for the offer Bob.
>
> If Funky Food doesn’t have it, I may get back to you.
>
> Barb
> s/y Arabella
> www.sailinglinks.com

Not a problem. I know what it's like to not have access to things you
really want. Spent time in Europe, and in states in the US that don't
carry stuff I really wanted. Just let me know, and I'll be happy to help.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young said...

> I did have a turkey sandwich today, however it wasn't leftovers,
> it was just deli turkey breast from earlier in the week. On white
> bread with pesto. Pretty good.
>
> Real leftover turkey sandwiches are in a few days when the
> free turkey is roasted.
>
> nancy

Leave it to nancy "Oakley" young and her (t)rusty ol' 12-gauge to go after
the presidentially pardoned free turkey!!!

Who didn't see THAT coming??! Gives a whole new meaning to BLT!

r.f.c members, keep your animals indoors until the holiday blows over!

Andy
Midnight Special: If still standing at that unGodly hour, pastrami on rye.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Nancy Young said...

>> Real leftover turkey sandwiches are in a few days when the
>> free turkey is roasted.

> Leave it to nancy "Oakley" young and her (t)rusty ol' 12-gauge to go
> after the presidentially pardoned free turkey!!!

Heh. Not pardoned turkeys, but wild turkeys are becoming
a problem around here. They are not afraid of cars and
will attack them or just stroll around holding up traffic if
they feel like it.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ladysailor > wrote in news:9e447a80-4464-
:

> On Nov 29, 1:24 pm, "Peter-Lucas" > wrote:
>> > The challenge for us these days is finding Best Foods Mayo. :-(

>> Barb, try.....
>>
>> Funky Food
>> Delicatessens - Bundaberg, QLD
>>
>> Address
>>
>> 85 Water St
>> Bundaberg
>> QLD, 4670
>>
>> Ph:
>> (07) 4151 0718
>>
>> I just spoke to Rosieblu Gourmet Deli and they said to try there.
>> Funky's number keeps going to an answering machine (probably closed

on a
>> Sat arvo!!).

> Thanks Peter!! We are renting a car on Tuesday to go into town for
> “Big Shopping”. We will look them up.

Let me know what they've got. It's always handy to know if I ever hit
that part of town again :-)

Tuesdays.... cheap(er) petrol, cheap meals, two-4-one pizzas :-)

>> (The joys of free National calls with VOIP ;-)

> We use skype, it’s almost free. Just being able to talk to family on
> the other side of the world is worth every little penny.

They're on Skype too?

I'm with Engin.

Free calls within Oz (except for mobiles and 1300), and cheap as chips
calls to o/s.

http://www.engin.com.au/Voip/Rates.aspx

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, "How

many potatoes would you like Peter?". I said "Ooh, I'll just have one

please". She said "It's OK, you don't have to be polite" "Alright" I

said "I'll just have one then, you stupid cow".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Nancy Young said...

>>> Real leftover turkey sandwiches are in a few days when the
>>> free turkey is roasted.

>> Leave it to nancy "Oakley" young and her (t)rusty ol' 12-gauge to go
>> after the presidentially pardoned free turkey!!!

> Heh. Not pardoned turkeys, but wild turkeys are becoming
> a problem around here. They are not afraid of cars and
> will attack them or just stroll around holding up traffic if
> they feel like it.
>
> nancy

Joke... "I bred a four-legged turkey!!!" "Wow! How was it?" "I dunno, I
couldn't catch it."

Best & grins,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:
> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?
>
> My sandwich is made of:
> white toast -- toast is essential
> turkey
> mustard
> Duke's mayo
> salt and pepper
> a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative
>
> The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. I don't
> have any, however, so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.
>
> Tara

Sourdough bread
turkey
swiss cheese
alfalfa sprouts
red onion
mayo
hot sweet mustard

The slicing tomatoes are horrible this time of year, but the little
grape tomatoes are good so I have those on the side, and a giant glass
of skim milk.

We don't have nearly as much turkey or anything else left over this
time. I sent DD's boyfriend home with a lot of it and he and his
housemates scarfed it all down on Friday.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leonard Blaisdell > wrote in
.
com:

> In article
> >,
> sandi > wrote:
>
>> Open faced hot turkey sandwiches.
>>
>> Turkey over toast, covered with gravy. :-)

> Well duh and shame on me. What a great idea! I even saved the
> gravy. There isn't anything better than a hot turkey sandwich,
> mashed potatoes and some sort of vegetable. Thanks!
>
> leo

YUM!! :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 28, 5:51*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article >,
>

> *Tara > wrote:
> > The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> > day after Thanksgiving!

> > *How does everyone like their sandwiches?

> > My sandwich is made of:
> > white toast -- toast is essential
> > turkey
> > mustard
> > Duke's mayo
> > salt and pepper
> > a little cranberry sauce if I am feeling creative

> > The turkey sandwich is properly served with potato chips. *I don't
> > have any, however, *so I will make do with sliced oranges and olives.

> > Tara

> "Dollar rolls", *a schmear of butter, some mayo, some salt, maybe some
> cranberry sauce, and turkey -- dark meat preferred.
>
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.mac.com/barbschaller- raspberry pie, 11/26/2008

Similar: white bread/roll, as much dark meat as it will carry (or
what's still left over), miracle whip, a little salt and lots of black
pepper.
Cranberries on the side. Or a hot turkey sandwich with mashed
potatoes and stuffing swimming in gravy. Cranberries on the side.
Lynn in Fargo
missing leftovers . . .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:
> The only reason to cook the turkey is for the turkey sandwiches the
> day after Thanksgiving!
>
> How does everyone like their sandwiches?

HOT!

bread of choice
layer of stuffing
sliced white meat
gravy

on the side:
mashed potatoes if there are any left over
leftover veg of choice
cranberry relish

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> > Nancy Young said...

> >> Real leftover turkey sandwiches are in a few days when the
> >> free turkey is roasted.

> > Leave it to nancy "Oakley" young and her (t)rusty ol' 12-gauge to go
> > after the presidentially pardoned free turkey!!!

> Heh. Not pardoned turkeys, but wild turkeys are becoming
> a problem around here. They are not afraid of cars and
> will attack them or just stroll around holding up traffic if
> they feel like it.

Hmmm...maybe turkeys are not so dumb after all.

<chuckle>

--
Best
Greg