Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thanks To Squeaks W/Pic

Sometime back You gave me a praline recipe and said:

>I'd love to know if you like the recipe as much as my family (and
>co-workers) do.

Short answer YES!!! I used a cup of brown sugar in place of one cup
of white and used almonds and also added cashews. They are just how I
remember them as a kid. Sinfully delicious. Here's a picture and the
recipe for anyone who missed it.

http://i36.tinypic.com/if8y0h.jpg

From Terry:

I found this basic recipe a while back, then dinked around until I was
happy with it. The "dinking" took the form of a) toasting the pecans
lightly, and b) I spoon the pralines onto an oiled cookie sheet, which
works much better than waxed paper. I also occasionally add a
tablespoon of rum or other liquer.

1 tsp. soda
1 c. buttermilk
3 c. sugar
1 c. butter
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp. white corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. pecan halves

Add soda to buttermilk. Mix sugar, buttermilk mixture, butter, salt
and syrup. Cook until it forms a rather hard ball when dropped into
water. Add vanilla and then pecans, and stir a short time. Cool
rapidly. Spoon pralines on waxed paper. Makes 22-48 pralines.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

I'd love to know if you like the recipe as much as my family (and
co-workers) do.
-------------------------
Thanks again,

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Man, they sure look yummy!

Mark
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:25:07 -0600, FERRANTE
> wrote:

>Man, they sure look yummy!
>
>Mark

Thanks. They are!

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> Sometime back You gave me a praline recipe and said:
>
> >I'd love to know if you like the recipe as much as my family (and
> >co-workers) do.

> Short answer YES!!! I used a cup of brown sugar in place of one cup

> Thanks again,
>
> Lou

Hooboy, do those look tasty.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:43:10 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> Sometime back You gave me a praline recipe and said:
>>
>> >I'd love to know if you like the recipe as much as my family (and
>> >co-workers) do.

>> Short answer YES!!! I used a cup of brown sugar in place of one cup

>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Lou

>Hooboy, do those look tasty.

Thanks.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:12:00 -0600, Lou Decruss >
wrote:

>Sometime back You gave me a praline recipe and said:
>
>>I'd love to know if you like the recipe as much as my family (and
>>co-workers) do.

>Short answer YES!!! I used a cup of brown sugar in place of one cup
>of white and used almonds and also added cashews. They are just how I
>remember them as a kid. Sinfully delicious. Here's a picture and the
>recipe for anyone who missed it.
>
>http://i36.tinypic.com/if8y0h.jpg

Dang, those look fabulous. Thanks for the update and photo.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/15
Posted to rec.food.cooking
LMP LMP is offline

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:12:00 -0600, Lou Decruss >
> wrote:
>
>>Sometime back You gave me a praline recipe and said:
>>
>>>I'd love to know if you like the recipe as much as my family (and
>>>co-workers) do.

>>Short answer YES!!! I used a cup of brown sugar in place of one cup
>>of white and used almonds and also added cashews. They are just how I
>>remember them as a kid. Sinfully delicious. Here's a picture and the
>>recipe for anyone who missed it.
>>
>>http://i36.tinypic.com/if8y0h.jpg
>>

> Dang, those look fabulous. Thanks for the update and photo.
>
> koko
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> George Bernard Shaw
> www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 11/15

They do look good, and make me hungry.

Miss Piggy

“Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don't eat pork.
I'm sorry, what was that last one?? Don't eat pork. God has spoken.
Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody?”

Jon Stewart

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:02:58 GMT, "LMP"
> wrote:

>“Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don't eat pork.
>I'm sorry, what was that last one?? Don't eat pork. God has spoken.
>Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody?”
>
> Jon Stewart

OK, they don't have opposable thumbs - but why wasn't that movie
called Planet of the Pigs?

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking
LMP LMP is offline

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:02:58 GMT, "LMP"
> > wrote:
>
>>“Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don't eat pork.
>>I'm sorry, what was that last one?? Don't eat pork. God has spoken.
>>Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody?”
>>
>> Jon Stewart

> OK, they don't have opposable thumbs - but why wasn't that movie
> called Planet of the Pigs?

As Pigs have been too busy trying not to be cooked by humans they haven't
had time to learn to walk on two legs, well not yet anyway, they will after
they learn to fly.
Then on the other trotter, Apes are also too hairy to be added to humans
menu, and they're not trying to fly either, at least not that I'm aware of.
Then again, I haven't spoken to an Ape lately, have you? Come to think of it
i haven't seen an Ape talk to a Pig either. Not that it doesn't happen as
I'm assured they have a language called Apeoink. it goes something like
this, "heeeeheeeeoiiiiiiinnnnnk"

Kind regards
Little Miss Piggy

“Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don't eat pork.
I'm sorry, what was that last one?? Don't eat pork. God has spoken.
Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody?”

Posted to rec.food.cooking
LMP LMP is offline

"LMP" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:02:58 GMT, "LMP"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>“Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don't eat pork.
>>>I'm sorry, what was that last one?? Don't eat pork. God has spoken.
>>>Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody?”
>>>
>>> Jon Stewart

>> OK, they don't have opposable thumbs - but why wasn't that movie
>> called Planet of the Pigs?

> As Pigs have been too busy trying not to be cooked by humans they haven't
> had time to learn to walk on two legs, well not yet anyway, they will
> after they learn to fly.
> Then on the other trotter, Apes are also too hairy to be added to humans
> menu, and they're not trying to fly either, at least not that I'm aware
> of. Then again, I haven't spoken to an Ape lately, have you? Come to think
> of it i haven't seen an Ape talk to a Pig either. Not that it doesn't
> happen as I'm assured they have a language called Apeoink. it goes
> something like this, "heeeeheeeeoiiiiiiinnnnnk"
>
> Kind regards
> Little Miss Piggy
>
> “Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don't eat pork.
> I'm sorry, what was that last one?? Don't eat pork. God has spoken.
> Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody?”

Addendum to my last post:
Somebody has corrected me by saying Ape/Pig language is actually Apepig,
sosorry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:26:11 -0800, koko > wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:12:00 -0600, Lou Decruss >
>wrote:
>
>>Sometime back You gave me a praline recipe and said:
>>
>>>I'd love to know if you like the recipe as much as my family (and
>>>co-workers) do.

>>Short answer YES!!! I used a cup of brown sugar in place of one cup
>>of white and used almonds and also added cashews. They are just how I
>>remember them as a kid. Sinfully delicious. Here's a picture and the
>>recipe for anyone who missed it.
>>
>>http://i36.tinypic.com/if8y0h.jpg
>>

>Dang, those look fabulous. Thanks for the update and photo.

Thanks Koko. I wish my photos were as good as yours. My camera isn't
very good and I'm sure there's some operator error involved.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:12:00 -0600, Lou Decruss >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>Sometime back You gave me a praline recipe and said:
>
>>I'd love to know if you like the recipe as much as my family (and
>>co-workers) do.

>Short answer YES!!!

<snip>

Well, you're welcome, aulde son. And if you like that one, you might
like a cookie recipe the family is crazy about that tastes a LOT like
pecan pie (secret twist: beat the cookie dough a little harder for a
little longer and it gets "cracklier"):

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Harris Ranch Pecan Drops

cookies

2 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 pounds coarsely chopped
pecan pieces
1/2 cup egg whites; 3 - 4 large eggs

1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer,
combine
the brown sugar, salt, vanilla and pecan pieces. Beat on low speed to
incorporate the ingredients, then drizzle in the egg whites. Increase
the
speed to medium-low and beat for 4 to 5 minutes, scraping down the
sides of
the bowl as needed.

2. Drop the dough in rounded tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet.
Press
each ball of dough with the back of a spoon to form a cookie 3 1/2
inches
in diameter and about one-eighth-inch thick.

3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Remove
from
oven and immediately remove the cookies from the baking sheet to a
cooling
rack. The cookies will be soft but will firm up as they cool.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

Preparation Time: 1 hou

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:06:58 GMT, "LMP"
> wrote:

>"LMP" > wrote in message
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:02:58 GMT, "LMP"

>>> OK, they don't have opposable thumbs - but why wasn't that movie
>>> called Planet of the Pigs?

>> As Pigs have been too busy trying not to be cooked by humans they haven't
>> had time to learn to walk on two legs, well not yet anyway, they will
>> after they learn to fly.
>> Then on the other trotter, Apes are also too hairy to be added to humans
>> menu, and they're not trying to fly either, at least not that I'm aware
>> of. Then again, I haven't spoken to an Ape lately, have you? Come to think
>> of it i haven't seen an Ape talk to a Pig either. Not that it doesn't
>> happen as I'm assured they have a language called Apeoink. it goes
>> something like this, "heeeeheeeeoiiiiiiinnnnnk"
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Little Miss Piggy
>>
>> “Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don't eat pork.
>> I'm sorry, what was that last one?? Don't eat pork. God has spoken.
>> Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody?”
>>

>Addendum to my last post:
>Somebody has corrected me by saying Ape/Pig language is actually Apepig,
>sosorry.

I think it's also known as A-Pig.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:58:06 -0600, Lou Decruss >
wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:26:11 -0800, koko > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:12:00 -0600, Lou Decruss >
>>wrote:

>>>Short answer YES!!! I used a cup of brown sugar in place of one cup
>>>of white and used almonds and also added cashews. They are just how I
>>>remember them as a kid. Sinfully delicious. Here's a picture and the
>>>recipe for anyone who missed it.
>>>
>>>http://i36.tinypic.com/if8y0h.jpg
>>>

>>Dang, those look fabulous. Thanks for the update and photo.

>Thanks Koko. I wish my photos were as good as yours. My camera isn't
>very good and I'm sure there's some operator error involved.
>
>Lou

I'm no experienced photographer by a long shot, I appreciate your
compliment. Your photo looks better than you give yourself credit for.
koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/15
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

<snipped in horror>

> Michael <- running like hell to get away from Squeaks for this nasty
> prank

Don't think Squeaks is gonna be the only one you're running away from,
young man... However, you can run, but you can't hide; for contravening
Section 7.0 of the rec.food.cooking FAQ you should be lashed with a wet
noodle at least 100 times...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:18:22 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:12:00 -0600, Lou Decruss >
>fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
>>Sometime back You gave me a praline recipe and said:
>>
>>>I'd love to know if you like the recipe as much as my family (and
>>>co-workers) do.

>>Short answer YES!!!

><snip>
>
>Well, you're welcome, aulde son. And if you like that one, you might
>like a cookie recipe the family is crazy about that tastes a LOT like
>pecan pie (secret twist: beat the cookie dough a little harder for a
>little longer and it gets "cracklier"):
>
>@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
>Harris Ranch Pecan Drops

<snip recipe>

Thanks Terry,

You had posted that before and I had it saved in the same file. I
debated on making that one but I'll try it next time and report back.

Thanks again,

Lou.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:

> Quoting Terry Pulliam Burd >
> : in rec.food.cooking
>

> "Well, you're welcome, aulde son. And if you like that one, you might
> like a cookie recipe the family is crazy about that tastes a LOT like
> pecan pie (secret twist: beat the cookie dough a little harder for a
> little longer and it gets "cracklier")"
>
> This is a true story... Please forward it to everyone that you can....
> You will have to read it to believe it....

<snipped famous neiman marcus cookie recipe>

> Michael <- running like hell to get away from Squeaks for this nasty
> prank

BAD boy! <lol>
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 19 Nov 2008 13:49:34 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

<snip>

>This is a true story... Please forward it to everyone that you can....
>You will have to read it to believe it....

<more snip>

You are *so* in the Dog3house, boyo.