Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping JILL [OT]

Feeding Alligators, Rule #1. Be faster than the alligator.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Feeding Alligators, Rule #1. Be faster than the alligator.

Although this isn't what we talked about, there's this:

Man arrives at bar with pet alligator; cops called
Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar with an alligator?
Published Fri, Nov 14, 2008 5:35 PM

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar
with an alligator?
At Johnny's Saloon in Orange County, it was more than a joke early Saturday
when a man arrived with his 3-foot pet gator on a leash.

By the time police and animal control officers arrived at Johnny's, the
gator was in the man's vehicle in the parking lot. Officers followed him
home, where another alligator was found, animal control spokesman Ryan
Drabek said.

Both alligators were impounded and were being held Wednesday pending an
investigation by the Department of Fish and Game, Drabek said.

Alligators are not native to California and it is illegal to keep them as
pets.

A woman who answered the telephone at Johnny's Wednesday night declined to
comment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Feeding Alligators, Rule #1. Be faster than the alligator.

> Although this isn't what we talked about, there's this:
>
> Man arrives at bar with pet alligator; cops called
> Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar with an alligator?
> Published Fri, Nov 14, 2008 5:35 PM
>
> HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar
> with an alligator?
> At Johnny's Saloon in Orange County, it was more than a joke early
> Saturday when a man arrived with his 3-foot pet gator on a leash.
>
> By the time police and animal control officers arrived at Johnny's, the
> gator was in the man's vehicle in the parking lot.

<snip>

I have enough trouble getting pet (dog/cat) "stains" and odors out of
carpetting. One wonders what product one uses to clean alligator pee/shit
from car upholstery?

TammyM, still not quite awake yet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>> Feeding Alligators, Rule #1. Be faster than the alligator.

>> Although this isn't what we talked about, there's this:
>>
>> Man arrives at bar with pet alligator; cops called
>> Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar with an alligator?
>> Published Fri, Nov 14, 2008 5:35 PM
>>
>> HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. Heard the one about the guy who walked into
>> a bar with an alligator?
>> At Johnny's Saloon in Orange County, it was more than a joke early
>> Saturday when a man arrived with his 3-foot pet gator on a leash.
>>
>> By the time police and animal control officers arrived at Johnny's,
>> the gator was in the man's vehicle in the parking lot.

> <snip>
>
> I have enough trouble getting pet (dog/cat) "stains" and odors out of
> carpetting. One wonders what product one uses to clean alligator
> pee/shit from car upholstery?
>
> TammyM, still not quite awake yet

I don't know! But I hear alligator meat tastes a lot like chicken
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"TammyM" > wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> > Blinky the Shark wrote:
> >> Feeding Alligators, Rule #1. Be faster than the alligator.

> > Although this isn't what we talked about, there's this:
> >
> > Man arrives at bar with pet alligator; cops called
> > Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar with an alligator?
> > Published Fri, Nov 14, 2008 5:35 PM
> >
> > HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar
> > with an alligator?
> > At Johnny's Saloon in Orange County, it was more than a joke early
> > Saturday when a man arrived with his 3-foot pet gator on a leash.
> >
> > By the time police and animal control officers arrived at Johnny's, the
> > gator was in the man's vehicle in the parking lot.

> <snip>
>
> I have enough trouble getting pet (dog/cat) "stains" and odors out of
> carpetting. One wonders what product one uses to clean alligator pee/shit
> from car upholstery?
>
> TammyM, still not quite awake yet

Tammy.

Plain white vinegar works GREAT for pet "accidents".

Personally, we got rid of all carpet years ago on the advice of mom's
pulmonologist. The Doctor said that wall to wall carpeting was one of
the worst ideas modern man ever had.

And I agree with him.
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 08:07:34 -0800, TammyM wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>> HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar
>> with an alligator?
>> At Johnny's Saloon in Orange County, it was more than a joke early
>> Saturday when a man arrived with his 3-foot pet gator on a leash.
>>
>> By the time police and animal control officers arrived at Johnny's, the
>> gator was in the man's vehicle in the parking lot.

> <snip>
>
> I have enough trouble getting pet (dog/cat) "stains" and odors out of
> carpetting. One wonders what product one uses to clean alligator pee/shit
> from car upholstery?
>
> TammyM, still not quite awake yet

maybe the turtle wax people have something.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "TammyM" > wrote:

>> > Although this isn't what we talked about, there's this:
>> >
>> > Man arrives at bar with pet alligator; cops called
>> > Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar with an alligator?
>> > Published Fri, Nov 14, 2008 5:35 PM
>> >
>> > HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. Heard the one about the guy who walked into a
>> > bar
>> > with an alligator?
>> > At Johnny's Saloon in Orange County, it was more than a joke early
>> > Saturday when a man arrived with his 3-foot pet gator on a leash.
>> >
>> > By the time police and animal control officers arrived at Johnny's, the
>> > gator was in the man's vehicle in the parking lot.

>> <snip>
>>
>> I have enough trouble getting pet (dog/cat) "stains" and odors out of
>> carpetting. One wonders what product one uses to clean alligator
>> pee/shit
>> from car upholstery?
>>
>> TammyM, still not quite awake yet

> Tammy.
>
> Plain white vinegar works GREAT for pet "accidents".

But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?

> Personally, we got rid of all carpet years ago on the advice of mom's
> pulmonologist.

I hear ya. I have carpet in half of the house (3 bedrooms and hallway).
The remainder of the house (1.5 bathrooms, large family room, living room,
and kitchen/dining room) are not carpeted. When I can afford to re-do the
floors in that part, I'll do so. W-t-W carpeting is a PITA.

TammyM

ObFood: braised kale for dinner last night was FABULOUS! Served with a
barley "risotto" and roasted butternut squash.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote

>> Plain white vinegar works GREAT for pet "accidents".

> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?

Cider vinegar doesn't, for sure.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM said...

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,

the
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> I have enough trouble getting pet (dog/cat) "stains" and odors out of
>>> carpetting. One wonders what product one uses to clean alligator
>>> pee/shit
>>> from car upholstery?
>>>
>>> TammyM, still not quite awake yet

>> Tammy.
>>
>> Plain white vinegar works GREAT for pet "accidents".

> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?
>
>> Personally, we got rid of all carpet years ago on the advice of mom's
>> pulmonologist.

> I hear ya. I have carpet in half of the house (3 bedrooms and hallway).
> The remainder of the house (1.5 bathrooms, large family room, living

room,
> and kitchen/dining room) are not carpeted. When I can afford to re-do

the
> floors in that part, I'll do so. W-t-W carpeting is a PITA.
>
> TammyM

I've got linoleum, vinyl tile, wtw carpet, wood, slate and fieldstone, and
tile flooring. And let me tell you/me, nothing's worse than stepping off
warm carpet onto cold tile or the rest!!! Even grown men like me can ballet
tip-toe to the toilet! Something beach BUM!!! SoKalians wouldn't
understand.

Andy
Dusting off goosedown tutu and pointe shoes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> TammyM said...
>>
>> I hear ya. I have carpet in half of the house (3 bedrooms and hallway).
>> The remainder of the house (1.5 bathrooms, large family room, living

> room,
>> and kitchen/dining room) are not carpeted. When I can afford to re-do

> the
>> floors in that part, I'll do so. W-t-W carpeting is a PITA.
>>
>> TammyM

> I've got linoleum, vinyl tile, wtw carpet, wood, slate and fieldstone, and
> tile flooring. And let me tell you/me, nothing's worse than stepping off
> warm carpet onto cold tile or the rest!!! Even grown men like me can
> ballet
> tip-toe to the toilet! Something beach BUM!!! SoKalians wouldn't
> understand.

I'm not a SoCalist, I'm in NorCal (Sacramento). Nevertheless, I go barefoot
in the house year-round :-)

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "TammyM" > wrote
>>>
>>> Plain white vinegar works GREAT for pet "accidents".

>> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?
>>

> Cider vinegar doesn't, for sure.

Om specifically said plain white vinegar. Do you use cider vinegar for pet
accidents, Cyberkitty?

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"TammyM" > wrote:

> > Plain white vinegar works GREAT for pet "accidents".

> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?

Depends on the fabric. I never had a problem with it (yet).

> > Personally, we got rid of all carpet years ago on the advice of mom's
> > pulmonologist.

> I hear ya. I have carpet in half of the house (3 bedrooms and hallway).
> The remainder of the house (1.5 bathrooms, large family room, living room,
> and kitchen/dining room) are not carpeted. When I can afford to re-do the
> floors in that part, I'll do so. W-t-W carpeting is a PITA.
>
> TammyM

It is indeed! Having all tile or linoleum floors cuts the dust and cuts
cleaning time to a fraction of what it was.
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> >> Personally, we got rid of all carpet years ago on the advice of mom's
> >> pulmonologist.

> > I hear ya. I have carpet in half of the house (3 bedrooms and hallway).
> > The remainder of the house (1.5 bathrooms, large family room, living

> room,
> > and kitchen/dining room) are not carpeted. When I can afford to re-do

> the
> > floors in that part, I'll do so. W-t-W carpeting is a PITA.
> >
> > TammyM

> I've got linoleum, vinyl tile, wtw carpet, wood, slate and fieldstone, and
> tile flooring. And let me tell you/me, nothing's worse than stepping off
> warm carpet onto cold tile or the rest!!! Even grown men like me can ballet
> tip-toe to the toilet! Something beach BUM!!! SoKalians wouldn't
> understand.
>
> Andy
> Dusting off goosedown tutu and pointe shoes.

That is what area rugs are for. :-)

MUCH easier to keep clean! You can take them outside and hose them down
on a line.
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> >
> > "TammyM" > wrote

> >> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?
> >>

> > Cider vinegar doesn't, for sure.

> Om specifically said plain white vinegar. Do you use cider vinegar for

pet
> accidents, Cyberkitty?

It works pretty well for disinfecting her broomstick...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:39:28 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "TammyM" > wrote:
>
>> > Plain white vinegar works GREAT for pet "accidents".

>> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?

>Depends on the fabric. I never had a problem with it (yet).

Vinegar can be used to help set colors. It's very effective on
fabrics that have white and bold colored stripes to keep the colors
from bleeding together.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message
>> TammyM said...
>>>
>>> I hear ya. I have carpet in half of the house (3 bedrooms and
>>> hallway). The remainder of the house (1.5 bathrooms, large family
>>> room, living

>> room,
>>> and kitchen/dining room) are not carpeted. When I can afford to re-do

>> the
>>> floors in that part, I'll do so. W-t-W carpeting is a PITA.
>>>
>>> TammyM

>> I've got linoleum, vinyl tile, wtw carpet, wood, slate and fieldstone,
>> and tile flooring. And let me tell you/me, nothing's worse than
>> stepping off warm carpet onto cold tile or the rest!!! Even grown men
>> like me can ballet
>> tip-toe to the toilet! Something beach BUM!!! SoKalians wouldn't
>> understand.

> I'm not a SoCalist, I'm in NorCal (Sacramento). Nevertheless, I go
> barefoot in the house year-round :-)
>
> TammyM

TammyM,

That's right. I keep pegging you at the wrong spot on the planet!

SORRY!!!

And weren't we just discussing Old Town!

At least Philadelphia gets humidity!!!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> TammyM wrote:
>
> > "cybercat" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "TammyM" > wrote

> > > Cider vinegar doesn't, for sure.

> > Om specifically said plain white vinegar. Do you use cider vinegar for

> pet
> > accidents, Cyberkitty?

> It works pretty well for disinfecting her broomstick...

Ew.
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

>> > I hear ya. I have carpet in half of the house (3 bedrooms and
>> > hallway). The remainder of the house (1.5 bathrooms, large family
>> > room, living

>> room,
>> > and kitchen/dining room) are not carpeted. When I can afford to
>> > re-do

>> the
>> > floors in that part, I'll do so. W-t-W carpeting is a PITA.
>> >
>> > TammyM

>> I've got linoleum, vinyl tile, wtw carpet, wood, slate and fieldstone,
>> and tile flooring. And let me tell you/me, nothing's worse than
>> stepping off warm carpet onto cold tile or the rest!!! Even grown men
>> like me can ballet tip-toe to the toilet! Something beach BUM!!!
>> SoKalians wouldn't understand.
>>
>> Andy
>> Dusting off goosedown tutu and pointe shoes.

> That is what area rugs are for. :-)
>
> MUCH easier to keep clean! You can take them outside and hose them down
> on a line.

Not in winter!!! <VBG>

LOLOL!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Omelet said...

> >> room,
> >> the

> >> I've got linoleum, vinyl tile, wtw carpet, wood, slate and fieldstone,
> >> and tile flooring. And let me tell you/me, nothing's worse than
> >> stepping off warm carpet onto cold tile or the rest!!! Even grown men
> >> like me can ballet tip-toe to the toilet! Something beach BUM!!!
> >> SoKalians wouldn't understand.
> >>
> >> Andy
> >> Dusting off goosedown tutu and pointe shoes.

> > That is what area rugs are for. :-)
> >
> > MUCH easier to keep clean! You can take them outside and hose them down
> > on a line.

> Not in winter!!! <VBG>
>
> LOLOL!!!
>
> Andy

Ok, you win. ;-) I've seen pics of your place in winter!
I live in Central Texas...
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> Omelet said...

fieldstone,

>> > That is what area rugs are for. :-)
>> >
>> > MUCH easier to keep clean! You can take them outside and hose them

down
>> > on a line.

>> Not in winter!!! <VBG>
>>
>> LOLOL!!!
>>
>> Andy

> Ok, you win. ;-) I've seen pics of your place in winter!
> I live in Central Texas...

Omelet,

Weather channel says some cold weather is headed your way so I'll refrain
from praying for winter in Texas, for now! <G> You get Fall in TX?
Tumbleweeds turn color? --JUST KIDDING--!!!!!!

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "TammyM" > wrote:
>
>> > Plain white vinegar works GREAT for pet "accidents".

>> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?

> Depends on the fabric. I never had a problem with it (yet).

OK, I'll give it a try ... in the back of the closet soas to check the
potential bleaching!

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:39:28 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:

> >> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?

> >Depends on the fabric. I never had a problem with it (yet).

> Vinegar can be used to help set colors. It's very effective on
> fabrics that have white and bold colored stripes to keep the colors
> from bleeding together.

White vinegar in general is a great cleaning agent, I always have a coupla
gallons "in stock"...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article > ,
> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote:
>
> > TammyM wrote:

> > > Om specifically said plain white vinegar. Do you use cider vinegar

for
> > pet
> > > accidents, Cyberkitty?

> > It works pretty well for disinfecting her broomstick...

> Ew.

Unfortunately throwing cider vinegar on the cybercrone won't melt her but
that's not for want of trying...

===>>> in the _Wizard of Oz_ vein...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news

> >> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?

> > Depends on the fabric. I never had a problem with it (yet).

> OK, I'll give it a try ... in the back of the closet soas to check the
> potential bleaching!

When I'm washing whites I throw a cup or so into the machine, it's much less
wear - and - tear on stuff than bleach is...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "TammyM" > wrote

>>> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?
>>>

>> Cider vinegar doesn't, for sure.

> Om specifically said plain white vinegar.

Yes, I know she did. This is why I mentioned that cider vinegar does not
bleach.

>Do you use cider vinegar for pet
> accidents, Cyberkitty?

I have indeed. Most recently, though, I used it on carpet in the mud room
that had become musty from old dampness. The carpet is brown, and the
vinegar did not lighten it.

> TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> > Ok, you win. ;-) I've seen pics of your place in winter!
> > I live in Central Texas...

> Omelet,
>
> Weather channel says some cold weather is headed your way so I'll refrain
> from praying for winter in Texas, for now! <G> You get Fall in TX?
> Tumbleweeds turn color? --JUST KIDDING--!!!!!!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Tumbleweeds are often used as christmas trees at our local feed stores.
<g>

We get some fall colors, but nowhere near what you get up North!

Yeah, it's been in the 30's at night the last couple of days, (unsually
cool for fall weather), but it's in the mid 70's during the day.

Perfect gardening weather!
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"TammyM" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news

> >> But doesn't it also have a bleaching effect?

> > Depends on the fabric. I never had a problem with it (yet).

> OK, I'll give it a try ... in the back of the closet soas to check the
> potential bleaching!
>
> TammyM

It might restore the carpet to it's original color. <g>

At least it WILL neutralize the urine, promise!
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> Lou Decruss wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:39:28 -0600, Omelet >
> > wrote:

> > >Depends on the fabric. I never had a problem with it (yet).

> > Vinegar can be used to help set colors. It's very effective on
> > fabrics that have white and bold colored stripes to keep the colors
> > from bleeding together.

> White vinegar in general is a great cleaning agent, I always have a coupla
> gallons "in stock"...

Mom's respiratory therapist told me to clean her oxygen tubing and
nebulizer with vinegar as it evaporated better and was less caustic.
It's a good alternate disinfectant to bleach.

But for pet urine, it's an actual chemical reaction. Urine is ammonia
(high pH-basic) so the acid nature of vinegar actually neutralizes it.
By-products are usually CO2 and H2O.
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> TammyM wrote:
>
> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
> > news

> > > Depends on the fabric. I never had a problem with it (yet).

> > OK, I'll give it a try ... in the back of the closet soas to check the
> > potential bleaching!

> When I'm washing whites I throw a cup or so into the machine, it's much less
> wear - and - tear on stuff than bleach is...

I might have to try that for linens. Odd, I'd not though about that.
Thanks Greg!
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 17, 9:07�pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> �"TammyM" > wrote:
> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
> >news

> > > Depends on the fabric. �I never had a problem with it (yet).

> > OK, I'll give it a try ... in the back of the closet soas to check the
> > potential bleaching!

> > TammyM

> It might restore the carpet to it's original color. <g>
>
> At least it WILL neutralize the urine, promise!

Try a quarter cup of Summer's Eve.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" wrote:

> White vinegar in general is a great cleaning agent,
> I always have a coupla gallons "in stock"...

Cybergerm's grotto would take an entire 55 gallon drum.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> > Ok, you win. ;-) I've seen pics of your place in winter!
>> > I live in Central Texas...

>> Omelet,
>>
>> Weather channel says some cold weather is headed your way so I'll

refrain
>> from praying for winter in Texas, for now! <G> You get Fall in TX?
>> Tumbleweeds turn color? --JUST KIDDING--!!!!!!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> Tumbleweeds are often used as christmas trees at our local feed stores.
> <g>
>
> We get some fall colors, but nowhere near what you get up North!
>
> Yeah, it's been in the 30's at night the last couple of days, (unsually
> cool for fall weather), but it's in the mid 70's during the day.
>
> Perfect gardening weather!

Omelet,

I've 5th time snow-shoveled off Fall leaves/pine needles/cones off my
driveway. Actually I used my leaf blower once. ((

I'm about ready to trade PA for TX! Plant potatoes and carrots! and keylime
pies?

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Omelet said...

> >> Omelet,
> >>
> >> Weather channel says some cold weather is headed your way so I'll

> refrain
> >> from praying for winter in Texas, for now! <G> You get Fall in TX?
> >> Tumbleweeds turn color? --JUST KIDDING--!!!!!!
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Tumbleweeds are often used as christmas trees at our local feed stores.
> > <g>
> >
> > We get some fall colors, but nowhere near what you get up North!
> >
> > Yeah, it's been in the 30's at night the last couple of days, (unsually
> > cool for fall weather), but it's in the mid 70's during the day.
> >
> > Perfect gardening weather!

> Omelet,
>
> I've 5th time snow-shoveled off Fall leaves/pine needles/cones off my
> driveway. Actually I used my leaf blower once. ((
>
> I'm about ready to trade PA for TX! Plant potatoes and carrots! and keylime
> pies?
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Keylimes at the grossery store. <g>

Winter crops are leafy greens, not root crops.

Chard, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
They are frost resistant. I've had them survive at 10 degrees F.
They actually looked frozen, but thawed without wilting.
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> Omelet said...

>> refrain

>> > Tumbleweeds are often used as christmas trees at our local feed
>> > stores. <g>
>> >
>> > We get some fall colors, but nowhere near what you get up North!
>> >
>> > Yeah, it's been in the 30's at night the last couple of days,
>> > (unsually cool for fall weather), but it's in the mid 70's during the
>> > day.
>> >
>> > Perfect gardening weather!

>> Omelet,
>>
>> I've 5th time snow-shoveled off Fall leaves/pine needles/cones off my
>> driveway. Actually I used my leaf blower once. ((
>>
>> I'm about ready to trade PA for TX! Plant potatoes and carrots! and
>> keylime pies?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> Keylimes at the grossery store. <g>
>
> Winter crops are leafy greens, not root crops.
>
> Chard, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
> They are frost resistant. I've had them survive at 10 degrees F.
> They actually looked frozen, but thawed without wilting.

Omelet,

What? Keylime pies won't grow in TX?!? <VBG>

I think year round we can grow mushrooms (indoors/climate controlled) year
round. Keylime pies seasonally.<Another VBG> OH, and the dreaded lima
beans. ICK!

<smootch>

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> > Keylimes at the grossery store. <g>
> >
> > Winter crops are leafy greens, not root crops.
> >
> > Chard, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
> > They are frost resistant. I've had them survive at 10 degrees F.
> > They actually looked frozen, but thawed without wilting.

> Omelet,
>
> What? Keylime pies won't grow in TX?!? <VBG>

I don't eat pies anymore. I avoid sugar, remember?

> I think year round we can grow mushrooms (indoors/climate controlled) year
> round. Keylime pies seasonally.<Another VBG> OH, and the dreaded lima
> beans. ICK!
>
> <smootch>
>
> Andy

LIMA BEANS??? <outraged glare>

For indoor mushroom patches, check he

http://fungi.com/

Best deals on the 'net. I'm planning on cleaning out the master bedroom
closet and dedicating some indoor space to them!
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 18 Nov 2008 05:49:38a, Omelet told us...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> > Keylimes at the grossery store. <g>
>> >
>> > Winter crops are leafy greens, not root crops.
>> >
>> > Chard, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
>> > They are frost resistant. I've had them survive at 10 degrees F.
>> > They actually looked frozen, but thawed without wilting.

>> Omelet,
>>
>> What? Keylime pies won't grow in TX?!? <VBG>

> I don't eat pies anymore. I avoid sugar, remember?
>

>> I think year round we can grow mushrooms (indoors/climate controlled)
>> year round. Keylime pies seasonally.<Another VBG> OH, and the dreaded
>> lima beans. ICK!
>>
>> <smootch>
>>
>> Andy

> LIMA BEANS??? <outraged glare>
>
> For indoor mushroom patches, check he
>
> http://fungi.com/
>
> Best deals on the 'net. I'm planning on cleaning out the master bedroom
> closet and dedicating some indoor space to them!

LOL! Why clean it out? They thrive on dirt and bullshit. ) Or so says
Penn. State U.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 11(XI)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till U.S. Thanksgiving Day
1wks 1dys 18hrs 3mins
Disorganization is merely the sign of a very healthy individual
trying to do more in a shorter period of time than those lazy,
obsessively tidy types who can think of nothing better to do than
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> > Keylimes at the grossery store. <g>
>> >
>> > Winter crops are leafy greens, not root crops.
>> >
>> > Chard, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
>> > They are frost resistant. I've had them survive at 10 degrees F.
>> > They actually looked frozen, but thawed without wilting.

>> Omelet,
>>
>> What? Keylime pies won't grow in TX?!? <VBG>

> I don't eat pies anymore. I avoid sugar, remember?
>

>> I think year round we can grow mushrooms (indoors/climate controlled)
>> year round. Keylime pies seasonally.<Another VBG> OH, and the dreaded
>> lima beans. ICK!
>>
>> <smootch>
>>
>> Andy

> LIMA BEANS??? <outraged glare>
>
> For indoor mushroom patches, check he
>
> http://fungi.com/
>
> Best deals on the 'net. I'm planning on cleaning out the master bedroom
> closet and dedicating some indoor space to them!

Omelet,

Screw your bedroom closet plans!!! I have an active imagination. Don't ruin
it!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 7>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> >> I think year round we can grow mushrooms (indoors/climate controlled)
> >> year round. Keylime pies seasonally.<Another VBG> OH, and the dreaded
> >> lima beans. ICK!
> >>
> >> <smootch>
> >>
> >> Andy

> > LIMA BEANS??? <outraged glare>
> >
> > For indoor mushroom patches, check he
> >
> > http://fungi.com/
> >
> > Best deals on the 'net. I'm planning on cleaning out the master bedroom
> > closet and dedicating some indoor space to them!

> LOL! Why clean it out? They thrive on dirt and bullshit. ) Or so says
> Penn. State U.

<lol> There is no dirt in there, just "stuff" that needs to be garage
saled!
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Omelet said...

> >> Omelet,
> >>
> >> What? Keylime pies won't grow in TX?!? <VBG>

> > I don't eat pies anymore. I avoid sugar, remember?
> >

> >> I think year round we can grow mushrooms (indoors/climate controlled)
> >> year round. Keylime pies seasonally.<Another VBG> OH, and the dreaded
> >> lima beans. ICK!
> >>
> >> <smootch>
> >>
> >> Andy

> > LIMA BEANS??? <outraged glare>
> >
> > For indoor mushroom patches, check he
> >
> > http://fungi.com/
> >
> > Best deals on the 'net. I'm planning on cleaning out the master bedroom
> > closet and dedicating some indoor space to them!

> Omelet,
>
> Screw your bedroom closet plans!!! I have an active imagination. Don't ruin
> it!
>
> Andy

Ok, that was scary... <g>
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> Omelet said...

>> > I don't eat pies anymore. I avoid sugar, remember?

>> > LIMA BEANS??? <outraged glare>
>> >
>> > For indoor mushroom patches, check he
>> >
>> > http://fungi.com/
>> >
>> > Best deals on the 'net. I'm planning on cleaning out the master
>> > bedroom closet and dedicating some indoor space to them!

>> Omelet,
>>
>> Screw your bedroom closet plans!!! I have an active imagination. Don't
>> ruin it!
>>
>> Andy

> Ok, that was scary... <g>

Like your master bedroom closet plans weren't?!?

Andy

The BUM!!! twin o' mine!

Ping: Jill, et. al. Janet B General Cooking 22 18-04-2016 06:06 PM
Ping: Jill Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 75 03-01-2015 08:22 PM
Ping: Jill sf[_9_] General Cooking 10 01-01-2015 09:01 PM
ping: Jill sf[_19_] General Cooking 7 10-04-2010 06:52 PM
PING: Jill Wayne Boatwright[_5_] General Cooking 16 05-12-2008 01:24 AM