Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default You own a pod coffee machine?

I like to drink coffee after dinner and sometimes during the day
(after breakfast a.m. coffee) and was thinking of getting a pod
machine. With so many out there, picking a good one is quite a
challenge. Anyone have one and if so, your thoughts?

I am thinking of getting a Nespresso. I just bought the milk frother
tonight, new, off Ebay. Both the frother and the machine are both on
this page.

http://www.singleservecoffee.com/arc..._nespresso.php

Here is the milk frother in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Gba...eature=related

Here is the machine I am thinking of getting ($249), but the guy
screws it up at the end by what he does. I am sure you will agree!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxOK2...eature=related

I want something easy that makes good coffee drinks (cappuccino,
lattes, etc) but I don't want the expense or hassle of an expensive
espresso machine or any of that. Just something quick, easy, and good
to the last drop!

Btw, you cannot post basic questions like this in alt.coffee. There,
if you are not an espresso lover with all the expensive gadgets, you
are not welcome there. And they make that clear very quickly.

Mark
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"FERRANTE" ha scritto nel messaggio

>I like to drink coffee after dinner and sometimes during the day
> (after breakfast a.m. coffee) and was thinking of getting a pod
> machine.

> Here is the machine I am thinking of getting ($249), but the guy
> screws it up at the end by what he does. I am sure you will agree!

> I want something easy that makes good coffee drinks (cappuccino,
> lattes, etc) but I don't want the expense or hassle of an expensive
> espresso machine or any of that. Just something quick, easy, and good
> to the last drop!
> Mark

I used the Nespresso and thought it was super. I have a conventional
espresso machine, and it is a mess to use, clean, etc. The cleanliness was
tempting, but also the fact that whether you made 1 or 6 coffees, each one
was exactly what it should be from the type of capsule you'd used. Regular
espresso alters from cup to cup depending on how you packed the coffee, how
much you pressed it, etc. I decided to buy one, but then found them almost
impossible to buy in Italy. So I got over it.

If you want fast and cheap buy a Mokka.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 00:22:21 -0600, FERRANTE wrote:

> Btw, you cannot post basic questions like this in alt.coffee. There,
> if you are not an espresso lover with all the expensive gadgets, you
> are not welcome there. And they make that clear very quickly.
>

> Mark

not everybody can be all friendly-like as we are.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 1:22 am, FERRANTE > wrote:
> I like to drink coffee after dinner and sometimes during the day
> (after breakfast a.m. coffee) and was thinking of getting a pod
> machine. With so many out there, picking a good one is quite a
> challenge. Anyone have one and if so, your thoughts?
>
> I am thinking of getting a Nespresso. I just bought the milk frother
> tonight, new, off Ebay. Both the frother and the machine are both on
> this page.
>
> http://www.singleservecoffee.com/arc..._nespresso.php
>
> Here is the milk frother in action:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Gba...eature=related
>
> Here is the machine I am thinking of getting ($249), but the guy
> screws it up at the end by what he does. I am sure you will agree!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxOK2...eature=related
>
> I want something easy that makes good coffee drinks (cappuccino,
> lattes, etc) but I don't want the expense or hassle of an expensive
> espresso machine or any of that. Just something quick, easy, and good
> to the last drop!
>
> Btw, you cannot post basic questions like this in alt.coffee. There,
> if you are not an espresso lover with all the expensive gadgets, you
> are not welcome there. And they make that clear very quickly.
>
> Mark

This is my problem with this, from the site:

"It's also good to note you can only use Nespresso coffee capsules
with the Nespresso C100T Essenza. This is by design, and you'll also
need to sign up for the Nespresso club to do you ordering or stop by a
Nespresso boutique to get some new ones."

So, you buy the expensive machine and instead of buying coffee
anywhere, you join their club, buy at thier price.

Then, what happens when the upgrade is not compatable with your
existing opporating system, your razor with disposable heads is last
years model, no-one makes Beta videotapes?

Landfill the whole thing and write another check to start again?

People have been drinking coffee in various forms for a very long
time. You don't need this.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

FERRANTE wrote:
> I like to drink coffee after dinner and sometimes during the day
> (after breakfast a.m. coffee) and was thinking of getting a pod
> machine. With so many out there, picking a good one is quite a
> challenge. Anyone have one and if so, your thoughts?
>
> I am thinking of getting a Nespresso. I just bought the milk frother
> tonight, new, off Ebay. Both the frother and the machine are both on
> this page.

We used a Nespresso at a friend's vacation house a gew years ago and it was
quite convenient. The coffee was good, too. The pods aren't cheap,
however, and I wonder how long they'll be available when the next coffee
fad comes along to replace pod machines.

> Here is the machine I am thinking of getting ($249), but the guy
> screws it up at the end by what he does. I am sure you will agree!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxOK2...eature=related

I like sugar in coffee, but that's a LOT of sugar for one tiny cup.

> I want something easy that makes good coffee drinks (cappuccino,
> lattes, etc) but I don't want the expense or hassle of an expensive
> espresso machine or any of that. Just something quick, easy, and good
> to the last drop!

We received a Gaggia Synchrony Compact as a gift about 3 years ago and
use it with Lavazza SUper Crema whole beans. We love it altho we drink
coffee only for breakfast and after dinner when we have guests.

I agree about the coffee newsgroup. They are over the top.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 1:01*am, "Giusi" > wrote:
> "FERRANTE" ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> >I like to drink coffee after dinner and sometimes during the day
> > (after breakfast a.m. coffee) and was thinking of getting a pod
> > machine.
> > Here is the machine I am thinking of getting ($249), but the guy
> > screws it up at the end by what he does. I am sure you will agree!
> > I want something easy that makes good coffee drinks (cappuccino,
> > lattes, etc) but I don't want the expense or hassle of an expensive
> > espresso machine or any of that. Just something quick, easy, and good
> > to the last drop!
> > Mark

> I used the Nespresso and thought it was super. *I have a conventional
> espresso machine, and it is a mess to use, clean, etc. *The cleanliness was
> tempting, but also the fact that whether you made 1 or 6 coffees, each one
> was exactly what it should be from the type of capsule you'd used. *Regular
> espresso alters from cup to cup depending on how you packed the coffee, how
> much you pressed it, etc. *I decided to buy one, but then found them almost
> impossible to buy in Italy. *So I got over it.
>
> If you want fast and cheap buy a Mokka.

I second the Moka pots- I have 2 sizes, and the little one is perfect
for 1 person...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

FERRANTE wrote:
> I like to drink coffee after dinner and sometimes during the day
> (after breakfast a.m. coffee) and was thinking of getting a pod
> machine. With so many out there, picking a good one is quite a
> challenge. Anyone have one and if so, your thoughts?
>
> I am thinking of getting a Nespresso. I just bought the milk frother
> tonight, new, off Ebay. Both the frother and the machine are both on
> this page.

I was thinking of getting one because they are a good way to make a good
single cup of coffee. I decided against it. I figure that between my
espresso maker, drip coffee maker and small Bodum I can make as much or
as little good coffee as I want. The biggest concern, aside form more
counter or storage space for coffee makers, was the cost and
availability of the pods. There are only a few stores around here that
sell pods and I don't want to have to make long trips just for coffee pods.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I found a Senseo that does everything I would like a machine to do.
However, it is not available in America yet. Go here and check it out.
When you get to the main page, click on The United Kingdom as you
country. When the next page opens, there are three types of coffees
offered. Click on one and then watch the machine work. Do that with
all three. I really like this machine:

http://www.latteselect.senseo.philips.com/

Here is another machine I would love, but I don't want to fork out
about $600...at least not yet. You can even take the milk container
off and keep it in the fridge. It is self-cleaning as well. Here are a
couple of videos of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djCKJWq9BZk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II7gB...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atgIu...eature=related

Lastly, Latte art and the work involved is why I don't want a genuine
espresso machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKI7L...eature=related

Anthony